Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10524768 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16653) (16654) (16655) (16656) (16657) (16658) (16659) ... (19165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 7:37am On Dec 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Same thing we are telling him now is what he is telling the other guy

I don’t know what changed ,even pele himself is confused about the amount of goals he scored by editing it everytime ,man was class but scored so many un official goals added to official goals

I don’t know what changed ,ibime might just be the biggest amala turner here

Lol, don't waste your time.

Messi isn't the GOAT because he won the World cup late BUT Pele that played all his club career in the farmers league is the GOAT.

cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2022
Expert17:

Messi isn't the GOAT because he won the World cup late BUT Pele that played all his club career in the farmers league is the GOAT.

cheesy cheesy
Messi has played in two farmers league and scored tons of goals. Yet in your myopic mind he's still a goat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2022
Arizoner:
Messi has played in two farmers league and scored tons of goals. Yet in your myopic mind he's still a goat.

La Liga farmers league? grin grin

And French league is 1000x bigger than MLS and Vasco da farmers league.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2022
OhBritannia:
I wonder why you think your opinion of Messi matters when 99.9% of people in nairaland don't even know about you or who ibime is.
All your hate ramblings ends on Chelsea thread in sport sessions only.

If FIFA, Barack Obama, Americans, Europeans, north and south Americans and Asians.

If china can openly celebrate Lionel Messi when he won the world cup by lightning Their city with the huge billboards of Lionel Messi, if India, even Bangladesh and many cities all over the world can do it.
If respected sports pundits and sports channels all over the world can recognize Lionel Messi as the GOAT.

If legends from other sports like basketball, tennis, golf, rugby and even many more.

If musicians like drake, Kanye west and many legendary celebs can recognize Messi as the GOAT.
If the famous super bowl in America can recognize Lionel Messi as the GOAT,

Then ibime i am sorry, your opinion of Messi is as useless as the farts from my ass Which is fact.

It's the people arguing with you that i blame, They have enough data to waste, i rather use my data to watch the sex tape of Kim Kardashian than to waste it on arguing what has already been written in the stars.

When does celebrating him winning world cup tantamount to being adjourned the goat?

Continue to lie to yourself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
pipe keeper, haven't kept clean sheet for long
he is supposed to take a pay cut for his costly mistakes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2022
forgiveness:

When does celebrating him winning world cup tantamount to being adjourned the goat?

Continue to lie to yourself.

I asked Ohbrittania to pull up a quote from me showing I said WC makes Messi the GOAT, he started rambling about Kanye and Kim Kardashian and his problems with limited data. I leave him to his own devices
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Expert17:

cheesy cheesy

A farmers league guy that dominated all International competition while Alexis Sanchez was bullying your GOAT for decades in COPA

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
new look at Stamford bridge,what is boehly cooking,I swear this man they sweet me everyday and day , people said I'm gassed for nothing when he took over,by the time he is done with us .....
i hear the grass has grown wings
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2022
Chelsea are 'very keen' on 17-year-old Brazilian forward Vitor Roqué and hope to try and 'have more constructive talks' in the coming days [
@RJPJournalism
]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2022
That was how the new Pele - Neymar was stat-padding against Farmers in Brazil league. @ age 30 we are still waiting for his 1st Ballon d'Or cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

A farmers league guy that dominated all International competition while Alexis Sanchez was bullying your GOAT for decades in COPA

I don't care if Pele won golden ball and golden Boot at COPA. The main point is that he lost and couldn't add COPA to his CV. Even when Messi lost to Chile, he still won the golden ball.

Ronaldo has 5 UCL against Messi's 4,yet no one in his right senses can place Ronaldo above Messi anymore. Or can you place Cafu above Messi because he has 2 WCs?

At the end of the day, pair Pele and Messi's career together, Pele will dwarf over Messi.

Messi @ 35, WC title with best player. Still playing top level football.
Pele @ 35, playing retirement package soccer in US.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2022
Debroslink:

I don't care if Pele won golden ball and golden Boot at COPA. The main point is that he lost and couldn't add COPA to his CV.

Nah, the main point is Messi flopped in too many International tournaments. Pele didn't flop in a single one. He was more dominant

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 8:48am On Dec 22, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
pipe keeper, haven't kept clean sheet for long
Not sure which is more shocking here. The offer of 6 year contract or that he snubbed it grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2022
Expert17:
That was how the new Pele - Neymar was stat-padding against Farmers in Brazil league. @ age 30 we are still waiting for his 1st Ballon d'Or cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be today Pele don dey jealous Messi nah...the thing don tey. Na why him dey update bio every week grin grin grin grin

Read below... Experience Indeed!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2022
Debroslink:

I don't care if Pele won golden ball and golden Boot at COPA. The main point is that he lost and couldn't add COPA to his CV. Even when Messi lost to Chile, he still won the golden ball.

Ronaldo has 5 UCL against Messi's 4,yet no one in his right senses can place Ronaldo above Messi anymore. Or can you place Cafu above Messi because he has 2 WCs?

At the end of the day, pair Pele and Messi's career together, Pele will dwarf over Messi.

Messi @ 35, WC title with best player. Still playing top level football.
Pele @ 35, playing retirement package soccer in US.

Be patient with Ibime, he will change mouth soon and confess that Messi is the greatest footballer of all time.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

Nah, the main point is Messi flopped in too many International tournaments. Pele didn't flop in a single one. He was more dominant

Nah this capping is too much.

Messi won best player award in 2 Copas (2015 and 2021). He actually won a third in 2016 (when he scored 6 goals) but he rejected it and it was given to Sanchez.

Best player in 2 World cups which even Pele could not achieve.

Best player in Olympic 2008.

So how would you objectively call a six-time international tournament best player a "flop in too many international tournaments" I guess in your dictionary, Mbappe flopped as well in this World Cup just because he didnt win.

Instead of you to own up to your own prior admissions about the quality of Pele's goal statistics back in 2010 you are trying to save face with some disjointed clarifications when confronted with your about-turn like Piers Morgan. Who says you could not have hopped on the Pendu train sometimes after 2011 to warrant your subsequent comments? At least Piers was honest enough to admit that.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2022
Expert17:
*Lionel Messi ranks joint-fourth all-time for World Cup goals, level with Just Fontaine (13) and behind only Gerd Muller (14), Ronaldo (15) and Miroslav Klose (16).

* Lionel Messi is the only player ever to score in all five rounds of the World Cup (group stage, last 16, quarter-final, semi-final, final).

* Lionel Messi has made the most all-time World Cup assists, level with Pele (cool.

* Lionel Messi is the only player to assist goals at four and five different World Cup tournaments.

* Lionel Messi ranks first all-time for World Cup goal contributions (21).

* Lionel Messi has won the most matches in the World Cup as a player, level with Miroslav Klose (19).

* Lionel Messi has scored in the most different World Cup matches, level with Miroslav Klose (11).

* Lionel Messi is the only player to ever win two World Cup Golden Balls.

* Lionel Messi is the oldest player to win the World Cup Golden Ball (35 years, 178 days).

* Lionel Messi holds the record for the longest period between a player’s first and most recent World Cup goals (16 years and 183 days).

* Lionel Messi is the only player to score a World Cup goal in his teens, 20s and 30s.

* Lionel Messi has won the most man of the match awards at World Cups with 11, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo (7) and Arjen Robben (6). He also has the most man of the match awards at one tournament (5 in 2022).

* Lionel Messi is one of only six players to appear at five different World Cup tournaments – Antonio Carbajal, Lothar Matthaus, Rafael Marquez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Andres Guardado are the others.

* Lionel Messi is the only player in World Cup history – at least since such records began in 1966 – to score and assist a goal in four separate matches.

* Lionel Messi is the youngest and oldest player in World Cup history to score and assist a goal in the same match.

* Lionel Messi is the youngest player to play for, score for and captain Argentina at a World Cup.

* Lionel Messi is the all-time top-scoring male South American in international fixtures (98 goals)

Dominating Mr. Vasco Da Farmer everywhere.....E Choke grin grin

Records

*Joint-most goals for Brazil national football team: 77 (95 including unofficial friendlies) (tied with Neymar)

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (0.84) for Brazil national football team

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (0.84) of any South American top international scorer

*Highest goals-per-game ratio (2.33) of any leading scorer in the Intercontinental Cup

*Most goals in the Intercontinental Cup: 7

*Most goals for Santos: 643 (in 659 competitive games)

*Most goals scored in a single Campeonato Paulista season: 58 (in 38 competitive games,1958)

*Most goals in a calendar year (recognised by FIFA): 127 (1959)

*Most hat-tricks in world football: 92

*Most career goals in world football (including friendlies): 1,283 (in 1,363 games)

*Most FIFA World Cup winners' medals: 3 (1958, 1962, 1970)

*Youngest winner of a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 249 days (1958)

*Youngest goalscorer in a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 239 days (for Brazil vs Wales, 1958)

*Youngest player to score twice in a FIFA World Cup semi-final: aged 17 years and 244 days (for Brazil vs France, 1958)

*Youngest player to score a hat-trick in a FIFA World Cup: aged 17 years and 244 days (for Brazil vs France, 1958)

*Youngest player to play in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (1958)

*Youngest goalscorer in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (for Brazil vs Sweden, 1958)

*Youngest player to score twice in a FIFA World Cup Final: aged 17 years and 249 days (for Brazil vs Sweden, 1958)

*Youngest player to start a knockout match at a FIFA World Cup

*Youngest player to reach five FIFA World Cup knockout stage goals

*Youngest goalscorer for Brazil national football team: aged 16 years and nine months (Brazil vs Argentina, 1957)

*First player to score in four successive FIFA World Cups

*One of only five players to have scored in four different FIFA World Cup tournaments

*One of only five players to have scored in two different FIFA World Cup Finals

*Scored in two FIFA World Cup Finals for winning teams (shared with Vavá)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup history: 10 (1958–1970)

*Most assists provided in a single FIFA World Cup tournament: 6 (1970)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup Final matches: 3 (1 in 1958 and 2 in 1970)

*Most assists provided in FIFA World Cup knockout phase: 6 (shared with Messi)

*Most goals from open play in FIFA World Cup Final matches: 3 (2 in 1958 and 1 in 1970) (shared with Vavá, Geoff Hurst and Zinedine Zidane)

*Only player to reach 25 international goals as a teenager

*Only player to score in a FIFA World Cup before turning 18

*Only player to score a hat-trick in a FIFA World cup before turning 18

*Only player to have scored a hat-trick in the Intercontinental Cup

Imagine, Messi just dey reach some of dis level after decades of active football and still trying to catch up. shocked

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

I asked Ohbrittania to pull up a quote from me showing I said WC makes Messi the GOAT, he started rambling about Kanye and Kim Kardashian and his problems with limited data. I leave him to his own devices

Can you imagine? Kanye and Kin Kardashian wetin!? grin

That caught me cracking hard. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:57am On Dec 22, 2022
Arizoner:

No offense ,if you call Laliga a farmers league then you need to have your brain checked

A league that dominated Europe through Messi time there is what you call a farmers league ?

What the fvck is wrong with you epl fan boys that doesn’t know beyond the epl

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

Messi won best player award in 2 Copas (2015 and 2021). He actually won a third in 2016 (when he scored 6 goals) but he rejected it and it was given to Sanchez.

So how would you objectively call a six-time international tournament best player a "flop in too many international tournaments" I guess in your dictionary, Mbappe flopped as well in this World Cup just because he didnt win.

Instead of you to own up to your own prior admissions about the quality of Pele's goal statistics back in 2010 you are trying to save face with some disjointed clarifications when confronted with your about-turn like Piers Morgan. Who says you could not have hopped on the Pendu train sometimes after 2011 to warrant your subsequent comments? At least Piers was honest enough to admit that.
Ibime go change mouth in the future. He is a nostalgia man so can’t still believe messi is now rated above pele. grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2022
Ibime:

Nothing has changed. There is nothing wrong with questioning Pele rubbing his 1,000 goals in the young man's face, as the quality of opponents could be questionable, but that has never changed my criteria for GOAT status. Same year I said Messi can join Pele IF he keeps this up, showing Pele and Maradona have always been my Gods. Notice the year was 2010 and I never mentioned Ronaldo, so this is not a case of a repentant Penduist

And after Messi failed repeatedly to match Peles standards on the international stage, I told Debroslink 4 years ago that a World cup win can no longer take Messi above Pele, but he can still join the triumvirate.

The reason is simple - at this late stage of his career, he cannot claim the undisputed GOAT because he did not establish the dominance over his peers that Pele did. Messi went to countless COPAs and World Cups and did not shine. Pele shined and dominated every single international tournament he touched barring injury. He went to 4 World Cups, beasted two, was kicked out the other two by hatchet men. He went to one COPA America, won the Golden boot and Golden ball, went to 3 Intercontinental cups, won the golden boot in all, absolutely beasted them with 9.goals. There is not a single international tournament he did not establish absolute dominance over his peers unlike Messi who flopped continuously and was bullied continuously by Alexis Sanchez in COPA, Zidane, Xavi, Sneijder, Forlan, Robben and co in WC, and kept going for 16 years in order to finally put his name on the trophy. That's my argument for Pele - his dominance over his peers. Any of the triumvirate can make their claim to be the GOAT but Pele established the most dominance over his peers among the three

Messi wey dey flop 2006, 2010 and 2018. Na 2010 worst pass. He no score 1 shimgbin goal. grin

How can dat one be goat of goats? angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 10:06am On Dec 22, 2022
hensben:
Ibime go change mouth in the future. He is a nostalgia man so can’t still believe messi is now rated above pele. grin cheesy

Lol See the way he was tearing Pele to shreds back then using some of the same points you guys were putting out to him. So what changed? Or did Pele come back from retirement to set new records?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Donjazet2: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Away from the Messi debate, please endeavor to pick up your PVCs, our elections are right around the corner.
We must join hands together to secure a better future for Nigeria.

Get your PVC today.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

No offense ,if you call Laliga a farmers league then you need to have your brain checked

A league that dominated Europe through Messi time there is what you call a farmers league ?

What the fvck is wrong with you epl fan boys that doesn’t know beyond the epl

But they are using the same logic with you. If you all can call Brazilian league of PELE'S time farmers league, why can't we claim La Liga is farmers league.

And by the way a team from the brazilian league taught a lot of European top teams lesson, including the european champion of that time, and PELE plays for the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2022
Bimffo:

At least Boehly won't be shouting "Good food, Great Meal" all over Europe, as he did in Barcelona.

He will leave people that knows what they are doing to do their job.
Did he actually say that? Wahala dey o. lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2022
Bimffo:

But they are using the same logic with you. If you all can call Brazilian league of PELE'S time farmers league, why can't we claim La Liga is farmers league.

And by the way a team from the brazilian league taught a lot of European top teams lesson, including the european champion of that time, and PELE plays for the team.

It’s different oga

Laliga has been ranked the best league in the world till recently they dropped to second

So what’s your point ?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:32am On Dec 22, 2022
grin grin wahala on top Messi matter..

Make uns rest sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2022
FBS:

Did he actually say that? Wahala dey o. lol

He went to Barcelona to get himself disgraced in a meeting with FCB officials.

After the meeting, Journalists wanted to interview him, he just said 'Good food, Great meal'. grin

You are the owner of a big club, why are you going all over Europe alone and by yourself for meetings in a terrain you don't fully understand. grin

You are new to European football, why take all the responsibility on yourself alone?

Even Abrahomovic left the people he met when he first came, for at least a season. He learnt and understood.

Not Boehly. He thinks any1 gives 2 fvcks that he is american.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

It’s different oga

Laliga has been ranked the best league in the world till recently they dropped to second

So what’s your point ?

Then too. Brazilian league was best in the World and Pele was best paid player in the world.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:38am On Dec 22, 2022
raumdeuter:
This description of football in Pele days is accurate

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:

You will not whitewash history by being selective. If a guy plays 10 tournaments and flopped in 7, he is far from dominant

Messi flopped in 2006 WC, 2010 WC, 2018 WC

His 2014 was meh, with no impact in the knockout stage

He flopped in 2011 Copa, 2019 Copa clearly

Bullied by Robinho of all people in 2007 Copa

He scored one goal in 2015 Copa but somehow won the polling booth, same as 2014 ojoro

Only time he achieved success was using Croatia pattern of finding a strong penalty saving goalkeeper. Even when he won, he was not dominant outside of penalties with only goals against France and Holland in all the top tier teams he faced in the World Cup. Compared to Pele who was supremely dominant

Messi is the Pepe of GOATS, the old man who keeps going to tournaments hoping it would finally click

Now name one international tournament Pele flopped in

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2022
Expert17:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16653) (16654) (16655) (16656) (16657) (16658) (16659) ... (19165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zeusis(m), BlueMann, Ukobi, Shegzdave, PendragonVII, amodu(m), niggaman(m), fredoooooo, Obere4u, Singapore1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.