Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10504135 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
BlueDiva: Actually, Torres' goals are inconsequential.
We could have won 4-1 and it would still be a decent win.

bluediva, you are criminally biased.....

Our point is that we would love to see him grab a winner.
We would have loved him to grab the late goals in the games we drew.

the midfielders should work together to make that happen for him.

Only morons will believe that scoring 2 goals mean the dud is back.
Get us a man who knows where the goal is in Jan.

see your mouth.....
bluediva, where's my £200? you said if i vote for you in the sports poster of the year you would transfer money to my HSBC. i have completed the task, where's my money?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
BlueDiva: Actually, Torres' goals are inconsequential.
We could have won 4-1 and it would still be a decent win.

Our point is that we would love to see him grab a winner.
We would have loved him to grab the late goals in the games we drew.

Only morons will believe that scoring 2 goals mean the dud is back.
Get us a man who knows where the goal is in Jan.

Not even the staunchest fans of Torres will be wetting themselves over 2 goals against arguably the worst side in the league and yes you are right that we all want to see him score winning goals and important ones that define our status. However, with regards to Torres, it's futile to keep arguing about what goals are of important or not considering the fact that he is coming from a low place.

I just want to a vivid line drawn right in between stark hate for Torres and dislike for him not fulfilling his role. The latter attitude hopes he gets back and do the business. The former doesn't want to see his guts, regardless.

For all the arguing about the unimportance of the goal, I just like to have seen what sort of reaction Torres would be greeted with had he been presented with the same opportunities to go 2-0 up, he fluffed it, Nordsjaelland came back into the game, we drew and then Juve lost.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
what do you expect?
the fools would say torres is finished cos he cannot score against a low rated team like nords! damned if torres scores, damned if he doesn't. a lot of people have made their minds up here that torres is a used sanitary towel and he would never amount to nothing - inscrutable bean poles like dayokanu even know which goal is more important and which one isn't - some nigerians are incredibly daft!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
all we want is for torres to produce the goods when it really matters.
whats the point of scoring a million goals when qualification is out of our hands?
whatever his reason was for not scoring against juventus and shakhttar
torres is practically holding chelsea to ransom.
where in the world does this happen?
torres and his bloody obnoxious i-used-to-be-a-prolific-striker has seen off 3 managers. . . 3 bloody managers.

really, torres can fuukcc off!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
OMO IBO: all we want is for torres to produce the goods when it really matters.
whats the point of scoring a million goals when qualification is out of our hands?
whatever his reason was for not scoring against juventus and shakhttar
torres is practically holding chelsea to ransom.
where in the world does this happen?
torres and his bloody obnoxious i-used-to-be-a-prolific-striker has seen off 3 managers. . . 3 bloody managers.

really, torres can fuukcc off!

did torres know qualification was off chelsea's hands when he scored those goals? had torres not scored yesterday, dayo the time keeper would be here reminding us how long nando's gone without goals!

then again, why did chelsea honour the game if we go by your theory? the qualification is not in chelsea's hands anyway so why even bother? you should have just sent the reserve team on the pitch after all......some of you glory hunters need to be shot!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Plz do change the topic

@ torres scores/torres dosent score/torres good or bad *boring*

torres is nt bigger than cfc. There are more important issues.

only history (time) can judge him.
Bt for now, we all know torres played in liverpool, while fernando is playing right now in chelsea.

Cheers mates !!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
OMO IBO:

This is news. As a matter of interest, who are these managers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Torres can't play football, period.

His general play is atrocious, and weak.

He has the touch of a rapist, the strength of a feather, the confidence of a depressive, and the attitude of a poossy.

He brings nothing to my team that youngsters on the bench won't surpass.

Get him out of my team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
nateevs:

This is news. As a matter of interest, who are these manages?
Di Matteo, Andre Villas-Boas and Carlo Ancelotti.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

did torres know qualification was off chelsea's hands when he scored those goals? had torres not scored yesterday, dayo the time keeper would be here reminding us how long nando's gone without goals!

then again, why did chelsea honour the game if we go by your theory? the qualification is not in chelsea's hands anyway so why even bother? you should have just sent the reserve team on the pitch after all......some of you glory hunters need to be shot!
We coulda done without his goals really.
At this stage his goals meant fukc all.

Take it or leave it Torres has failed time and time again to rise to the occasion when it really matters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
OMO IBO:
We coulda done without his goals really.
At this stage his goals meant fukc all.

torres scored the 2nd goal.....how's the 2nd goal not important in a match?

Take it or leave it Torres has failed time and time again to rise to the occasion when it really matters.

how many goals has he scored this season now?
are you aware at this rate, torres would easily score 20 goals this season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by soicyboi1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

torres scored the 2nd goal.....how's the 2nd goal not important in a match?

how many goals has he scored this season now?
are you aware at this rate, torres would easily score 20 goals this season?
DAMNN!!..........DIS NEGRO MUST B DATIN TORRES.........

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 07, 2012
coogar:

bluediva, you are criminally biased.....
the midfielders should work together to make that happen for him.

Which midfielders? Even Iniesta, Xavi and co can't make it happen.

see your mouth.....
bluediva, where's my £200? you said if i vote for you in the sports poster of the year you would transfer money to my HSBC. i have completed the task, where's my money?

Check your account balance. . .I doubled it. wink

nateevs:
Not even the staunchest fans of Torres will be wetting themselves over 2 goals against arguably the worst side in the league and yes you are right that we all want to see him score winning goals and important ones that define our status. However, with regards to Torres, it's futile to keep arguing about what goals are of important or not considering the fact that he is coming from a low place.

I just want to a vivid line drawn right in between stark hate for Torres and dislike for him not fulfilling his role. The latter attitude hopes he gets back and do the business. The former doesn't want to see his guts, regardless.

For all the arguing about the unimportance of the goal, I just like to have seen what sort of reaction Torres would be greeted with had he been presented with the same opportunities to go 2-0 up, he fluffed it, Nordsjaelland came back into the game, we drew and then Juve lost.

I'm an honest critic. I don't criticize him just for the fun of it.
If by a miracle the dud improves and becomes prolific, i would be his greatest fan.

If his 2 goals were the only goals and we won 2-1 and still got knocked out nobody would call his goals unimportant.
Where was he when we drew with Juve or QPR or Fulham? We want him to be our hero, scoring winners.

50 million pounds isn't 5,000 pounds.Let him justify it!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:16am On Dec 07, 2012
BlueDiva:
Which midfielders? Even Iniesta, Xavi and co can't make it happen.

scored the only goal from xavi's pass in 2008 euros final
scored a goal in euro 2012 final winning the the golden boot!

Check your account balance. . .I doubled it. wink

cool beans!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:28am On Dec 07, 2012
BlueDiva:
50 million pounds isn't 5,000 pounds.Let him justify it!

One of the things that riles me up.
So Roman has a blood rush to the brain and buys Darren Bent for £60m, you would expect Darren Bent to justify £60m right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 07, 2012
nateevs:

One of the things that riles me up.
So Roman has a blood rush to the brain and buys Darren Bent for £60m, you would expect Darren Bent to justify £60m right?

Is that the new excuse?
How about justifying his pay.

I earn far less yet i justify my pay everyday at work.
What a pathetic man.

coogar:

scored the only goal from xavi's pass in 2008 euros final
scored a goal in euro 2012 final winning the the golden boot!
cool beans!

Stop referring to ancient times.
As for Euro final, another unimportant goal.

Without his goals Spain would still win comfortably.
When will Torres be a hero? tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Europa league contenders >>

Liverpool, Anzhi Makhachkala, Dynamo Kiev, Viktoria Plzen, Atletico Madrid, Olympiakos, Fenerbahce, Borussia Monchengladbach, Zenit St Petersburg, Bordeaux, Newcastle United, Ajax, Steaua Bucharest, Stuttgart, Chelsea, Dnipro, Napoli, BATE, Genk, Basel, Benfica, Rubin Kazan, Inter, Cluj, Lyon, Sparta Prague, Lazio, Tottenham, Metalist Kharkiv, Bayer Leverkusen Hannover, Levante.

Cheers!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2012
interesting to know if we are still playing tiki-taka footie? grin
Tiki-taka ko, ijakadi ni.

Me guess it's time for some "intelligent" football. A win against Sunderland and we should be back in business!

Let's go there!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:45am On Dec 07, 2012
nateevs:

erm, are u still really in control of your thoughts?

what type of question is this? u think Roman just woke up and decided to pay 50 million, or there was some negotiations and Torres representatives/club calculated his value to be 50 mill which roman agreed to pay?

if you are not expected to justify your price tag, then why do some players cost more than others?
Clearly the only place on earth you would not be expected to justify your price tag/salary is at stamford bridge.

annoyingly, you would join the bandwagon to criticize coaches like wenger who don't splash the cash.

When Madrid bought ronaldo for 80 million, wenger's view was that if he bought a player for 80 mill at that time (when the world record was 35 mill thereabouts), then that player had better be able to play every position on the pitch, singlehandedly pick the ball from the defence and score upfront.

why would THE WORLDS MOST EXPENSIVE STRIKER NOT HAVE TO JUSTIFY HIS PRICE TAG? Santa-Claus-movitch tinzz abi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2012
4llerbuntu:

erm, are u still really in control of your thoughts?

what type of question is this? u think Roman just woke up and decided to pay 50 million, or there was some negotiations and Torres representatives/club calculated his value to be 50 mill which roman agreed to pay?

if you are not expected to justify your price tag, then why do some players cost more than others?
Clearly the only place on earth you would not be expected to justify your price tag/salary is at stamford bridge.

annoyingly, you would join the bandwagon to criticize coaches like wenger who don't splash the cash.

When Madrid bought ronaldo for 80 million, wenger's view was that if he bought a player for 80 mill at that time (when the world record was 35 mill thereabouts), then that player had better be able to play every position on the pitch, singlehandedly pick the ball from the defence and score upfront.

why would THE WORLDS MOST EXPENSIVE STRIKER NOT HAVE TO JUSTIFY HIS PRICE TAG? Santa-Claus-movitch tinzz abi?
Don't always agree with you mate, but there's nothing else to say on the above.
You killed it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
The upcoming game against Sunderland will provide a big opportunity for Torres to build on his confidence following his good showing earlier this week...

If Torres doesn't net against the black cats, then it's over for him...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
app_lord:

^^^ An Important summary of a £ 50 mila center forward achievements, in CL glory.

*clapping*

Why did'nt he replicate such great form ? Since his outstanding contribution was responsible for cfc european glory.

mtcheew! coogar a CFC football ignoramus ...

PLS KEEP WATCHING THOSE THAT CAME TO WATCH FOOTBALL IN A VIEWING CENTER. Pundit ma ass!!!

"common chelsea" correction noted AND taken.

Come on chelsea!!! CFC 4 LIFE

Bro U know Oflately i've found Coogar's Insolence and Stupidity Oddly refreshing. . .an Ediot that kips parading that he knows Chelsea much berra than an astute Scholar of my Kind that paid £100 to get Gravin's Voluminous Chelsea Biography, Sat and Studied it like am Goin' for the Grammy!

He Claims Torres scored a double yet We're Complaining, then i'l ask and answer for the Clown these 3 Questions :

A) Against Which team did he Score the double? Ans -> By Stats, the Worst team In this Season's Champions League.

B) Which CBs did he Come Up against? Ans -> Nords had their first choice CBs Okore and Runje injured, so it was an Inexperienced Chap and a makeshift CM the Captain who were partnered at the CenterBack.

C) Of What Utmost Need where the Goals? Ans -> Arguably, a Safe introit to Europa, that mif cant score Important Goals!

Seriously Some Posters Irrespective of their longtime Patronage to Seun, should be banned frm Visiting the forum for a While
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
^^^ Bro u nialed it. @ End of discussion.

gbam !!!

What pains me is that these torres facts are so glaring. And it makes me wonder if he listens to a live match over the radio (brilla fm & bbc) or watches the back of his tv.

We all know last season

* Ramires nd drog saw off valencia in style.
* Ramires, drog, ivan ... demolished napoli
* Mireles sent benfica packing with a wonder strike
* Drog scored a sleek goal from an impossible angle against barca
* the list goes on ..... Lets not even talk about this season

What is the significant contribution from torres to cfc?? His price tag (value for money) has earned cfc, FA & Media witch-hunting & critisism, that is affecting the players both on and off the pitch.

If torres contribution was so fantastic as claimed, then why wasn't he happy when the seazn ended

Even lukaku refused to touch the FA cup, because he knew quite well he didn't work 4 it.

I still maintain my stance, only history can judge torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
El Guapo:
1)Bro U know Oflately i've found Coogar's Insolence and Stupidity Oddly refreshing. . .an Ediot that kips parading that he knows Chelsea much berra than an astute Scholar of my Kind that paid £100 to get Gravin's Voluminous Chelsea Biography, Sat and Studied it like am Goin' for the Grammy!

2)He Claims Torres scored a double yet We're Complaining, then i'l ask and answer for the Clown these 3 Questions :

A) Against Which team did he Score the double? Ans -> By Stats, the Worst team In this Season's Champions League.

B) Which CBs did he Come Up against? Ans -> Nords had their first choice CBs Okore and Runje injured, so it was an Inexperienced Chap and a makeshift CM the Captain who were partnered at the CenterBack.

C) Of What Utmost Need where the Goals? Ans -> Arguably, a Safe introit to Europa, that mif cant score Important Goals!

3)Seriously Some Posters Irrespective of their longtime Patronage to Seun, should be banned frm Visiting the forum for a While
cool

1) you are a miserable sod......
this poof paid £100 to read a book, stamford bridge is 2 blocks away from my house. i wine and dine with season ticket holders of chelsea fc. i know much more about chelsea than 99% of the agberos like yourself who only started supporting chelsea after terry slept with wayne bridge's mistress....without daily mail, you wouldn't know nada about the club you support so kindly tape it shut!

2) it does not matter against which team torres scored his brace - fact remains he can only score against what is put in front of him. 80% of the goals messi has scored this year were against bottom clubs/mid-table clubs.

• once again, it does not matter the kinda CBs that was pitted against torres. he still had to score against what was ahead of him. every striker in the world has scored against low quality teams. matter of factly, world class strikers score more goals against weaker defences than stronger defences - you are hardly making any point here.

• this social reprobate must possess a cancerous brain. how is it torres' fault that shakhtar couldn't beat juventus on their home soil? torres did the job asked of him @ stamford bridge. he scored 2 goals on the night - those goals should have taken chelsea to the next stage and as at the time torres scored those goals, no one knew shakhtar would lose at home.

3) you have to accept you are intellectually inferior when it comes to english football. no amount of chelsea history perusal can compensate for a man who lives next to chelsea fc. you are only reading the life i live to see everyday. there's a universe of difference between us. so go back to your chelsea biography and keep studying - one day in the year 2098, you would have reached the level i am currently at, you impish gorilla!

jackbauersballs: The upcoming game against Sunderland will provide a big opportunity for Torres to build on his confidence following his good showing earlier this week..
If Torres doesn't net against the black cats, then it's over for him...

yet more brainfarts from chelsea fans....
i think ibime went to his ijaw village to introduce nairaland to the halfwitted crew out there. so torres must score against black cats otherwise he's finished? nothing to do with the service he gets? nothing to do with a striker is as good as his supporting cast?

nateevs, how do you cope with this bunch of intellectually-sterile gibbons?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
without trying to overflog this torres issue - i want chelsea fans with reasonable IQs to tell me which of these chances torres would have missed if his team-mates create as many clear-cut chances as man utd......

and please, this has nothing to do about movement as the goalscorers made little or no movement at all - they only waited for the ball and the rest was history......it also had nothing to do with strength like ibime always rants.

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-9wgxp6.gif[/img]

there you go......

rooney and van persie are not supermen - they are nothing without their supporting cast! evra's only intention was to put that ball across cos he knows rooney or van persie were there with the simple task of tapping into the net. rooney's only intention was to flick the pass to van persie - a chance my half blind great great grandmother would have scored......

i would be damned if chelsea create glaring chances as such as these uns for torres....and yet they want him to justify his £50m price-tag. why not build him 2 extra legs or stick a ferrarri engine in his guts so he can dribble and outrun his markers. bunch of gooks!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
I still wonder how D drog, managed to weave all those magic (scoring intelligent goals, oh! I miss those glorious hours). Since cfc midfielders, dnt knw how to create cut-clear chances.

Even in a time, when mazacar was inexistent.

First-timer oscar already has 5 tantalizing goals in europe's elite competion. Pls keep waitin 4 glaring chances, big-boss !!!

Any other excuse? I'm getting bored with this torres ish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
Mata has already outscored Torres in the league despite playing lesser games. How does Mata get his chances? Does he bring those chances from home?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by applord: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
dayokanu: Mata has already outscored Torres in the league despite playing lesser games. How does Mata get his chances? Does he bring those chances from home?

i wonder o!

Maybe he stole 'mr chance' from cfc center forwards @ gun point.

Bt how did he manage such feet? Lets just say he was whiling away his time waiting 4 'mr glaring chances' ( one on one with the goalie)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
dayokanu: Mata has already outscored Torres in the league despite playing lesser games. How does Mata get his chances? Does he bring those chances from home?

that's exactly what we are talking about.....
mata has no business outscoring his only striker - he should be providing for him. mata and rooney play the same role for their respective clubs....why has rooney not outscored van persie?

in chelsea, there are too many selfish players......i wish torres gets the kind of service he renders to his teammates from his teammates....in united, players work for each other! the only goal separating mata and torres on the scorer's chart was made by who?

[img]http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1354366788041.gif[/img]

i have thrown down the gauntlet - which of the goals scored by man utd above would torres have missed? this is not the time to eulogise drogba or hasselbaink - this is the time to search youtube and show us torres missing chances identical as these ones.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
without trying to overflog this torres issue - i want chelsea fans with reasonable IQs to tell me which of these chances torres would have missed if his team-mates create as many clear-cut chances as man utd......

Hehehe. . .he missed a far easier one against United last season.
United can have him for free since the Chelsea midfielders ain't good enough.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
BlueDiva:

Hehehe. . .he missed a far easier one against United last season.
United can have him for free since the Chelsea midfielders ain't good enough.

van persie missed a great chance on saturday, far worse than torres' chance last season. should united sell him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mufasa(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
There we go again, more gifs. grin

@coogar perhaps it's emotional bias, fundamental attributional bias or the fact that we Chelsea fans (irrespective of length of fanship) are frustrated with our frustrating striker.

But you have to agree that Chelsea fc and supporters have been super patient with him.
Hell even the English media took it easy with him during his first year (of limp performance) at Chelsea. They blamed everything else from the alignment of the moon and stars, the unrest in the middle east, hamas, Mugabe etc

Each time I come here and see how many pages his "non performance" has generated it shows that it ain't working.

At this point if he goes to another club and scores a gazillion goals i don't care. Some things are not meant to be and I'm afraid Torres in Chelsea is one of it.

Even if we change the whole system to get him to fire, it doesn't mean it will work all the time. Even Barcelona's "superior" style of play doesn't work against every team. Glasgow Celtic and Chelsea comes to mind.

A system with FT firing on all cylinders won't win us nothing except a few cups so why are we even bothering.

In this age and time a Footballer who only knows one way to play is a liability.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timbros(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.