Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10697441 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18584) (18585) (18586) (18587) (18588) (18589) (18590) ... (19355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:47pm On Jan 14
afrodoc2:
See empty stadium for CAF Cup of Nations. cry

Ivory Coast is not a rich country baba ; I guess most of the citizens will rather use their money to feed than watch the matches Iive in the stadium
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 3:48pm On Jan 14
Good play there but Simon na ode.

Cut it back fool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:50pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

Ivory Coast is not a rich country baba ; I guess most of the citizens will rather use their money to feed than watch the matches Iive in the stadium

Despite the economy situation in naija ,our stadiums can never be empty like this if we are hosting the afcon

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

They might have the 2nd half free entry system.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:51pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

True. That is why i was asking for ticket prices.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14
andrewbaba44:

Despite the economy situation in naija ,our stadiums can never be empty like this if we are hosting the afcon

it's quite common for games not involving the host nation to have quite empty stadia.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14
andrewbaba44:

That’s because majority of those who will enter will be free except the vip session
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14
afrodoc2:

I wonder how much the tickets are going for. They should make some of the tickets easily affordable because fans improve the atmosphere.

Yes. Price of tickets will help in match attendance.

But generally, I don't see that hunger from fans to go watch live matches in Africa, especially in central and West africa. The Northern Africans fill stadiums more both club football and national teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:55pm On Jan 14
Leyqute:

The money even plenty pass $3. Minus transportation o. The average Joe can’t afford it.

I no sure say I fit spend transport money to go watch some of these games

Even when it's on my TV for free, I will rather do something else

Games wey recognized star no dey nor do I have personal affiliation to the teams go hard for me to watch on TV never mind pay transport and gate fee to watch
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAzubuike(f): 3:57pm On Jan 14
iamoyindamola:

As in
All these you know you know
How many years as he retired and he can’t improve himself if they no give them job they will complain
Ikpeba with his accent better pass am
You're complaining about amokachi, have you heard okochas punditry? He go first start with "I mean ehn , you know ehn, yes ehn" before he starts talking nonsense. Another one na Victor ikpeba with that him yeye grammar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:58pm On Jan 14
Leyqute:

Probably a bit too pricey for the average CIV citizen.

Ah...

These prices are quite expensive for an average Ivorien nah.. Na wao.

It's like making ticket 5k popular stand here for Naija. Stadium go empty o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:00pm On Jan 14
This defence against CIV will not be pretty.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

I no sure say I fit spend transport money to go watch some of these games

Even when it's on my TV for free, I will rather do something else

Games wey recognized star no dey nor do I have personal affiliation to the teams go hard for me to watch on TV never mind pay transport and gate fee to watch

Some CIV citizens fit no know say dem de host AfCon sef. And a huge chunk of those who are aware would rather spend that money on food and other necessities than to go to stadium.

The solution is to lower the price of the lowest ticket class to almost nothing and build a pricing structure based on that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:00pm On Jan 14
timbros:

Yes. Price of tickets will help in match attendance.

But generally, I don't see that hunger from fans to go watch live matches in Africa, especially in central and West africa. The Northern Africans fill stadiums more both club football and national teams.

Another good point. Ticket price is an issue, but another problem is the decline in fan support for African football due to the globalisation of European football.

People just don't care as much for African football when they can sit in their homes and watch Haaland, Mbappe, Salah et al.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:01pm On Jan 14
andrewbaba44:

If it’s not in Lagos and the gate fee is above 1k, I can tell u categorically that the stadium will be empty . Stop looking at things from pre-COVID era .

The kind reduction in people’s disposable income that has happened after that period ehn…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:01pm On Jan 14
olabode89:

They might have the 2nd half free entry system.

That will surely improve the attendance .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:03pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Baba economic realities is different in Africa from other continent

I remember Nigeria 99 dem dey beg people to come watch games, I think after a while some venues made it free without gate takings just to get crowd in it

Let me ask you on Tuesday afternoon or evening Equatorial Guinea vs Zambia pay N5k to watch that's the equivalent of $3. How many people will show for stadium in Nigeria that's even richer than many African countries

I have not seen this your post when I made an example of 5k above.

You are very correct. No one will carry 5k and pay for a non Naija match here.

But you know that even that Nigeria 99, the stadiums never got filled up even with the free gate. That's the point I was making to Afrodoc. Central and West Africans no dey watch ball like that compared to North Africa...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:04pm On Jan 14
timbros:

Ah...

If you convert those prices to naira, e dey pass 10k.Something wey be 1week salary for some people. Spend one week salary to stand for 2 hours and watch Zambezi vs Kuvukiland borefest. Mba.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:06pm On Jan 14
timbros:

Ah...

Aswear ! If u call 5k ticket for national stadium Surulere Lagos for example, u have “disenfranchised “ people who intend to come from Ikotun, Ajah, Badagry etc .

This is because aside from the N5k they will pay as gate fee, they will need at least extra N5k to cover their transport and refreshment . How many regular people can afford to spend that even on Nigeria’s match ?

That means u will have just few people who can afford the cost and who live not too far coming to watch the match

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

If it’s not in Lagos and the gate fee is above 1k, I can tell u categorically that the stadium will be empty . Stop looking at things from pre-COVID era .

The kind reduction in people’s disposable income that has happened after that period ehn…

Anything above 5h here in Naija, stadium no fit full.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:08pm On Jan 14
Lookman dense o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 4:10pm On Jan 14
timbros:

Anything above 5h here in Naija, stadium no fit full.
Depends on the team playing. Ghana, Ivory coast, Senegal, Algeria, Egypt etc and at least 50% of the stadium will be filled even with gate fee of 1k and above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Henry140(m): 4:10pm On Jan 14
BlueMann:
This defence against CIV will not be pretty.
Bros, you talk true especially that guy wey dey play LB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:11pm On Jan 14
I am sure they did IQ test for these players.

Anybody with IQ above 100 was decamped.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14
Leyqute:

If you convert those prices to naira, e dey pass 10k.Something wey be 1week salary for some people. Spend one week salary to stand for 2 hours and watch Zambezi vs Kuvukiland borefest. Mba.

grin grin grin

This your post don summarise everything.

I'm just imagining Naija hosting AFCON. And here in PH, Namibia is playing against Kenya.... I no fit even pay 2k to watch the match live. Even if it's free ticket, I will still find it hard to start going to the stadium to sit for 2 hours and watch some 22 unknown players play...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14
Godx:

Depends on the team playing. Ghana, Ivory coast, Senegal, Algeria, Egypt etc and at least 50% of the stadium will be filled even with gate fee of 1k and above.

True.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:14pm On Jan 14
timbros:

grin grin grin

This your post don summarise everything.

I'm just imagining Naija hosting AFCON. And here in PH, Namibia is playing against Kenya.... I no fit even pay 2k to watch the match live. Even if it's free ticket, I will still find it hard to start going to the stadium to sit for 2 hours and watch some 22 unknown players play...

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:14pm On Jan 14
What is wrong with this Lookman sef ? angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14
KingAzubuike:

You're complaining about amokachi, have you heard okochas punditry? He go first start with "I mean ehn , you know ehn, yes ehn" before he starts talking nonsense. Another one na Victor ikpeba with that him yeye grammar
okocha is better off advertising for bet companies
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:16pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

Any match that doesn't involve the home nation na zero

For Nigeria 99 state govt for Oyo made it free for students with ID card to get crowd even at that stadium no full

Lemme ask you if you get 30k will you spend 10k to watch Guinea vs Angola?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14
Osimhen is the only quality attacker we have walahi. You see all these Simon and What’s his face? Babanla rubbish player ni won
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 4:18pm On Jan 14
raumdeuter:

Any match that doesn't involve the home nation na zero

For Nigeria 99 state govt for Oyo made it free for students with ID card to get crowd even at that stadium no full

Lemme ask you if you get 30k will you spend 10k to watch Guinea vs Angola?

I won’t even spend 2k on them sef .

I would rather sit at Ojez dey drink pepper soup and stout.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18584) (18585) (18586) (18587) (18588) (18589) (18590) ... (19355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy, Roland17(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.