Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,870 members, 7,848,535 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10681411 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18832) (18833) (18834) (18835) (18836) (18837) (18838) ... (19343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:29pm On Mar 03
Chiesa with a brilliant equalizer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:29pm On Mar 03
BlueMann:
Chiesa with a brilliant equalizer

Osimhen wins a penalty for Napoli...

He misses but Napoli score the rebound!

I have to admit that was a really poor penalty. No harm done at the end

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 10:33pm On Mar 03
BlueMann:

Osimhen wins a penalty for Napoli...

He misses but Napoli score the rebound!

I have to admit that was a really poor penalty. No harm done at the end
Osimhen is poor at penalties
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:55pm On Mar 03
Unlimited22:

He's been injured and Doku has flattered to deceive at best

Android17:
No. Grealish has been injured most of the season especially after Doku's initial gra gra.

Even the games Grealish was not injured Doku has been preferred in most top games e.g the Chelsea 4-4, Spurs 3-3
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:33am On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Rice CM
Bellingham
Saka Kane Foden

Kane needs speedy runners in behind

This is not to Fodens favour.

Kane plays to feet, Foden plays to feet, Saka mostly to feet.

This is where someone like Gordon may give more balance, depending on the opponent

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:16am On Mar 04
BlueMann:
Did y'all see the injury suffered by Valencia's Diakhaby? That's one of the worst I've ever seen. Tchouameni fell on his leg and completely changed the orientation of his knee.

The guy is probably done at the top level. He likely has torn all the ligaments and cartilage in that knee plus, maybe a fracture.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:26am On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Rice CM
Bellingham
Saka Kane Foden

Bellingham is a hyena that will be running into the same spaces as Kane and will not be as helpful as Foden when it comes to possession/chance creation against top teams . He is the one that should chop bench for Foden in the 10 position, Saka on the right and another pacy winger like Gordon or in-form Rashes on the left.

Against weaker teams they can play Bellingham behind Kane to start hyenaing his normal goals.

Throwing all the best players on the pitch without thinking of team structure is why the Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes/Becks/Carrick generation consistently underperformed.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:29am On Mar 04
afrodoc2:

Bellingham is a hyena that will be running into the same spaces as Kane and will not be as helpful as Foden when it comes to possession/chance creation against top teams . He is the one that should chop bench for Foden in the 10 position, Saka on the right and another pacy winger like Gordon or in-form Rashes on the left.

Against weaker teams they can play Bellingham behind Kane to start hyenaing his normal goals.

Throwing all the best players on the pitch without thinking of team structure is why the Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes/Becks/Carrick generation consistently underperformed.

There is no way Bellingham is getting benched. The CM can be a very defensive workhorse that will allow Rice and CM to carry defensive workloads
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:39am On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

There is no way Bellingham is getting benched. The CM can be a very defensive workhorse that will allow Rice and CM to carry defensive workloads

Who is the defensive workhorse that is available? Even with that, if Bellingham leaves them to go and be hyenaing Kane's space, 2 will usually succumb to 3.

That is why they will flop when they meet a tough team again. In that CAM position I believe Foden works FOR THE TEAM better than Bellingham.
If not teams with proper CMs will use them to do rondo again like Modric and his brothers did the other time.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:04am On Mar 04
Sportsweb:
With Cole Palmer with 13 Goals and 10 assist waiting on the sideline too
But they don’t have a possessor in midfield that’s why teams like Italy, France and Spain will likely win them once they meet. England’s lack of technical and tactical acumen always come to play in tournaments.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 6:59am On Mar 04
hensben:
But they don’t have a possessor in midfield that’s why teams like Italy, France and Spain will likely win them once they meet. England’s lack of technical and tactical acumen always come to play in tournaments.
Which possessor does Italy and France have in midfield grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 7:00am On Mar 04
Harassment vs flirting grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:31am On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Who will be the third man in midfield I hope it's not Henderson
Moreover Bellingham in Dortmund/Madrid is different from the one in England
He hardly have eyes for goals in England, rice is the key man here
Either as a lone ranger or double pivot, either way Bellingham is free to roam
I will still play Rice (DM), Bellingham (CM) Foden (AM)
Rashford is still best at left for England, I don't trust that Gordon lad
Sterling should be sent to Jamaica to partner Michael Antonio
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:02am On Mar 04
🚨Chelsea have identified Brentford's 'tactical statistician' Bernardo Cueva as one of their targets to work in the club’s new set-piece department.

[via @Matt_Law_DT]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:21am On Mar 04
Ballzproblem2:
🚨Chelsea have identified Brentford's 'tactical statistician' Bernardo Cueva as one of their targets to work in the club’s new set-piece department.

[via @Matt_Law_DT]

Tears in your eyes?

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 11:24am On Mar 04
WhoDeyHause:

So you're trying to tell me raumde.uter A.40 and pkasso will also end up trophy less this season. cheesy
Niicee one, my guy. You just had to rub it in. No wahala. This season's dusted already. Na to just suffer through the last few months of this Tuchel torture.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:29am On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Rice CM
Bellingham
Saka Kane Foden

I think this is the formation too

Trent get CM shirt for England these days.

England's problem is a lack of dynamic fullbacks - kyle walker being the only one at moment, so that might force Southgates hand a little bit, but I think he really wants Trent in midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:44am On Mar 04
afrodoc2:

Who is the defensive workhorse that is available? Even with that, if Bellingham leaves them to go and be hyenaing Kane's space, 2 will usually succumb to 3.

That is why they will flop when they meet a tough team again. In that CAM position I believe Foden works FOR THE TEAM better than Bellingham.
If not teams with proper CMs will use them to do rondo again like Modric and his brothers did the other time.

Bellingham usually tracks back to defend at madrid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:45am On Mar 04
hensben:
England have almost everything to succeed. It's southgate that is the biggest problem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:07pm On Mar 04
WhoDeyHause:

Bellingham usually tracks back to defend at madrid.

I am talking more about retaining possession, recycling the ball, creativity within the flow of the game. I think Foden serves the team best in that 10 position.

The team needs Foden centrally and 2 pacy wingers (Saka and someone else) to flank Kane.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:15pm On Mar 04
afrodoc2:

I am talking more about retaining possession, recycling the ball, creativity within the flow of the game. I think Foden serves the team best in that 10 position.

The team needs Foden centrally and 2 pacy wingers (Saka and someone else) to flank Kane.

Ok I thought you were hitting more on the team's defensive shape when bellingham and foden go forward. It's true bellingham goes to occupy the holes in the opposition box 18 left by Kane and the wingers but I am sure him playing with those kroos, modric and valverde should teach him something about dictating the game I think one dead barka fan was saying something like that sometime here. This is where a good coach is needed. Everybody's role should be stated and followed for the good of the team. If you don't then you risk benching.
Foden might also be better coming from the left so rice, bellingham and a workhorse cm who wouldn't go forward too much but be deadly from there with passes and tackles will be ok. Foden in that central position will be a liability defensively.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Since airmark has started to fraudulently claim Haaland...

I claimed him long before he joined Man city and won Ucl for Fraudiola, without Messi.

If by May, he wins Ucl again or achieve another great feat, you will tell us the story of how you knew he would be great as he carried small football out of his mother's womb when he was born.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 1:06pm On Mar 04
iamoyindamola:

Who will be the third man in midfield I hope it's not Henderson
Moreover Bellingham in Dortmund/Madrid is different from the one in England
He hardly have eyes for goals in England, rice is the key man here
Either as a lone ranger or double pivot, either way Bellingham is free to roam
I will still play Rice (DM), Bellingham (CM) Foden (AM)
Rashford is still best at left for England, I don't trust that Gordon lad
Sterling should be sent to Jamaica to partner Michael Antonio

That midfield isn't winning Euros or world cup...yes, top quality but no midfield work!

Almost zero balance!

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:30pm On Mar 04
WhoDeyHause:

Ok I thought you were hitting more on the team's defensive shape when bellingham and foden go forward. It's true bellingham goes to occupy the holes in the opposition box 18 left by Kane and the wingers but I am sure him playing with those kroos, modric and valverde should teach him something about dictating the game I think one dead barka fan was saying something like that sometime here. This is where a good coach is needed. Everybody's role should be stated and followed for the good of the team. If you don't then you risk benching.
Foden might also be better coming from the left so rice, bellingham and a workhorse cm who wouldn't go forward too much but be deadly from there with passes and tackles will be ok. Foden in that central position will be a liability defensively.

You might be right that he might not be as defensively solid, but in many tournaments England’s problem has been their inability to retain the ball in good areas when facing strong opponents.

I suspect the manager will go with your suggestion of Foden from the LW and Jude playing CAM with Rice and another CM. Not even pace for me.

A good coach would make either formation work but England have decided to stick with a dunderhead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Mar 04
nihilistjnr:

I think this is the formation too

Trent get CM shirt for England these days.

England's problem is a lack of dynamic fullbacks - kyle walker being the only one at moment, so that might force Southgates hand a little bit, but I think he really wants Trent in midfield.

That 2nd CM has to be a workhorse and very defensive because the front 4 don't do much of defending and control, they are not patient ball holders. So a lot of the games will be very chaotic back and forth with England hoping their attacking firepower overwhelm the opposition

Defense especially Central Defense is not so solid so hoping Stones and Maguire saves you without a proper concrete cover in Rice and CM will be a disaster

For Kanes sake I am a little sympathetic to England
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:58pm On Mar 04
airmark:

I claimed him long before he joined Man city and won Ucl for Fraudiola, without Messi.

If by May, he wins Ucl again or achieve another great feat, you will tell us the story of how you knew he would be great as he carried small football out of his mother's womb when he was born.

Everyone knew Haaland was the real deal from Salzburg unless you can show working of how you claimed him before his Salzburg days before your claim has any leg to stand on
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On Mar 04
oliverano:

That midfield isn't winning Euros or world cup...yes, top quality but no midfield work!

Almost zero balance!

The ideal Rice partner will be a workaholic CM someone like prime Kante or Wijnaldum someone in that mould to cover and mop up

Jude Foden Saka and Kane their best attributes are going forward
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

The ideal Rice partner will be a workaholic CM someone like prime Kante or Wijnaldum someone in that mould to cover and mop up

Jude Foden Saka and Kane their best attributes are going forward

Rice partner should be Ward-Prowse or Sean Longstaff with Bellingham ahead of them.

Foden or Gordon on the left and Saka on the right
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04
WhoDeyHause:

England have almost everything to succeed. It's southgate that is the biggest problem.
Rice, Bellingham are runners. There is a reason Arteta started using Jorginho in that role even if he doesn’t have the leg but brain. Spain have Rodri, France Tchouameni. I repeat they always lose to teams with technical midfielders in tournament, in possession too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:34pm On Mar 04
Katcall:
bia, has jurrien timber quitted football? The guy just dey collect salary doing nothing and you are here shouting up gooners
Him dey injury.
No worries, him go soon come back grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:37pm On Mar 04
Ibime:

Rice partner should be Ward-Prowse or Sean Longstaff with Bellingham ahead of them.

Foden or Gordon on the left and Saka on the right
Why not Make use of Rice—Stones especially since Stones sometimes play Midfield in Man city and he's a technically good player.

Personally I don't fancy Ward-Prowse as the only good thing he seems to have is set piece delivery
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04
Jodera:
Why not Make use of Rice—Stones especially since Stones sometimes play Midfield in Man city and he's a technically good player.

Personally I don't fancy Ward-Prowse as the only good thing he seems to have is set piece delivery
Exactly Stone can do the job for them if they have a proper cover for him in CB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18832) (18833) (18834) (18835) (18836) (18837) (18838) ... (19343) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: reccy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.