Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10515284 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19075) (19076) (19077) (19078) (19079) (19080) (19081) ... (19152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:22pm On Apr 20
BlueMann:
Why did sterling pause there

He was waiting for Timbros to blame defenders.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:25pm On Apr 20
timbros:

Sterling and Jackson have been giving us 2 goals or more consistently.. Why don't we see zero in opponents side of the score?

I don't know why this guy loves wasteful attackers that ruin our team. I am finding it hard to believe you are a real Chelsea fan. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:30pm On Apr 20
AdisaOwala:

@ Raumdeuter, Airmark tá nî ó lúlé gbí lénî? grin

At the end of the season we will compile all the big misses by our useless attackers and I will tag you to watch. Only an idiot won't see attack as our major problem that we should have addressed temporarily in January window.

I said it at the beginning of the season, we were stupid going into the season with Jackson as our top 9. I don't know what they smoked at Cobham.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 20
drisham:

We already have Nico Jackson

You wan add another one 🥲

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:33pm On Apr 20
Sportsweb:
Attack needs to be fixed urgently

Timbros unerstands football more than Mikel and everyone. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:44pm On Apr 20
hensben:
We need a striker, CDM and a CB if we want to compete next season. I will watch the remainder of the game with a relax mind.

No need for any CDM pls, we haven't gained from Caceido and Lavia yet.

Get 2 top quality strikers, a potent winger that can score and a CB.

In Drogba's era we had quality strikers entering each season, that none of Jackson and Broja could bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 20
If Nicholas Jackson was a truck driver

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:47pm On Apr 20
While Silva was crying, Mmadueke was laughing with Grealish 30 seconds after full time whistle.

We are doomed.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:53pm On Apr 20
swiz123:
While Silva was crying, Mmadueke was laughing with Grealish 30 seconds after full time whistle.

We are doomed.
madueke needs to up for sale,not only is he inconsistent but we have talents that are better than him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 10:11pm On Apr 20
swiz123:

We are doomed.
Those guys don't play for passion
They just want the money
Nothing else bothers them

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:45pm On Apr 20
BlueMann:
Jackson's case is a really curious one. So, so good in the buildup, but so below average in the box. Hold up play excellent, exceptional ability to turn defenders from the hold up position, has got a enviable combination of pace and power, and is more fleet footed than most strikers. But as soon as it's time to score, he often looks like he's in the wrong profession.

Something has to be done this off-season. I hope he recognizes that.

Jackson is an SS at best,nothing about him shows No 9 at least not from what i have seen so far from.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:46pm On Apr 20
Vischy:
I would love Chelsea to sign Jeremie Frimpong and play him as a winger(11) just like saka.

Man would make more impact.

Hope is not the one that plays for Bayer Leverkusen?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:00pm On Apr 20
swiz123:

Wouldn't have conceded if he didn't cowardly instruct us to sit deep after Disasi sub.

Did you at any point of this game see City sit deep to defend? I hate cowards with passion.

Do you have any other football term other than sit-deep?

You just so in love with that word "sit deep".

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:06pm On Apr 20
popizaino:

Do you have any other football term other than sit-deep?

You just so in love with that word "sit deep".

You also have issues with "parking the bus".

When you don't press high up the pitch, then obviously you are sitting deep. Simple!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:11pm On Apr 20
airmark:

No need for any CDM pls, we haven't gained from Caceido and Lavia yet.

Get 2 top quality strikers, a potent winger that can score and a CB.

In Drogba's era we had quality strikers entering each season, that none of Jackson and Broja could bench.
A striker, a LW, a CB and a left back. At least you've seen Chilwell.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:14pm On Apr 20
swiz123:

You also have issues with "parking the bus".

When you don't press high up the pitch, then obviously you are sitting deep. Simple!

I have issues with people who misuse football terms.

Teams are usually judge by what they do when they are in possession of the ball,not what they do without it.

You cannot begin to call any team who decides to conserve his energy without the ball as coward or negative or sitting deep.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20
Unlimited22:

A striker, a LW, a CB and a left back. At least you've seen Chilwell.

Chilwell is battling with fitness obviously. We can call back Maatsen and Cucurella is not looking bad recently.

As it stands I can't stand Jackson as our backup striker. He should be loaned out and we get 2 upgrades in his place. We need at least 3 fresh legs upfront, while we chase out Timbros' Sterling to Saudi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:23pm On Apr 20
popizaino:

I have issues with people who misuse football terms.

Things are usually judge by what they do when they are in possession of the ball,not what they do without it.

You cannot begin to call any team who decides to conserve his energy without the ball as coward or negative or sitting deep.

Sitting deep is apparent and it is what it is -- factual. Everyone here knows that we sat deep immediately Gusto was subbed except you.

I am not surprised, I observed that you weren't present on the thread during the game which means, you didn't watch the game. But here you are, forming opinion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:24pm On Apr 20
popizaino:

I am yet to see were league is won by 38points.

Score and lock up shop. Is that a big deal?

What’s the essence of scoring all those goals we missed today and still be drawing levels with City?

Why are you guys thinking attack is more of our issue sef?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:31pm On Apr 20
WhoDeyHause:

No matter how strong your defence is once they meet a superior attack the pressure they'll come under will make them likely concede once like today showed, sometimes even your goalkeeper can keep bailing you out but when your attack is almost or completely dead that an auxiliary winger keeps saving you time and time again sometimes with penalities you are in deep trouble.
Both our attack and defence are problematic but if you give me the keys to holy boehly's chequebook in June I know where I'm spending the bulk of my budget on.

Palmer created about 3 big chances for Jackson alone today and he missed them. But some people are expecting our defenders to stop City from burying their chances or not see any in 90 minutes. angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:33pm On Apr 20
A Chelsea side has conceded 52 goals in 31 PL games but somehow the attack is the reason we’re having a horrendous season.

Fallen standards!

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20
airmark:

Palmer created about 3 big chances for Jackson alone today and he missed them. But some people are expecting our defenders to stop City from burying their chances or not see any in 90 minutes. angry

Numbers don’t lie.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:42pm On Apr 20
Griffon:

Numbers don’t lie.

What of the number of big chances missed and expected goals?

We have defenders out injured and just the return of Silva alone, we have seen a sharp departure from what Disasi and Badiashile served us. When Colwill, Reece, Fofana return we will have improvement in defence. We should not bark the wrong tree by wasting funds senselessly. We should only add 1 CB while we concentrate more on our major problem - attack.

We once had Anelka. kalou and Drogba in our squad. I don't even know the name of the backup striker in this team now. Our main striker, Jackson can't even bench Alvarez, Hojlund and Nunez in their teams. That's how bad our standard is, at present. Silva's wife was right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:54pm On Apr 20
airmark:

What of the number of big chances missed and expected goals?

We have defenders out injured and just the return of Silva alone, we have seen a sharp departure from what Disasi and Badiashile served us. When Colwill, Reece, Fofana return we will have improvement in defence. We should not bark the wrong tree by wasting funds senselessly. We should only add 1 CB while we concentrate more on our major problem - attack.

We once had Anelka. kalou and Drogba in our squad. I don't even know the name of the backup striker in this team now. Our main striker, Jackson can't even bench Alvarez, Hojlund and Nunez in their teams. That's how bad our standard is, at present. Silva's wife was right.

In all these we’ve scored 61 goals in the PL. Only the six placed teams have scored more.

If we’ve had a decent defense, we should be on the top 4. Facts only.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:05am On Apr 21
swiz123:

We are doomed.

Gen Z no send. It is all for the gram.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:21am On Apr 21
Griffon:

In all these we’ve scored 61 goals in the PL. Only the six placed teams have scored more.

If we’ve had a decent defense, we should be on the top 4. Facts only.

Injuries to our key defenders caused that but yet, if we had buried most of our big chances we would have been in top 4. One can list matches that our attackers missed barrage of chances and we conceded 1 or 2 goals to lose the 3 pts. The 3 pts we should have secured with effective attackers.

No ambitious team would put Jackson as top 9 and Sterling as the leader in their attack. After many heartbreaks from his big misses in Ucl, Fraudiola chased him away and he won Ucl immediately.

For the umpteenth time, without Palmer, our attack is not better than Sheffield's.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:22am On Apr 21
swiz123:

Sitting deep is apparent and it is what it is -- factual. Everyone here knows that we sat deep immediately Gusto was subbed except you.

I am not surprised, I observed that you weren't present on the thread during the game which means, you didn't watch the game. But here you are, forming opinion.

Yes you are right, i did not see the full game and neither am i trying to form opinion. I only said i noticed your favorite football term is called "sit deep".

Don't worry when i watch the entire replay,i will be here to correct your wrongs because i no you are always not right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:25am On Apr 21
Griffon:

Score and lock up shop. Is that a big deal?

What’s the essence of scoring all those goals we missed today and still be drawing levels with City?

Why are you guys thinking attack is more of our issue sef?

Because attack was surely our issue when we suggested that we need to improve on it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:35am On Apr 21
popizaino:

Because attack was surely our issue when we suggested that we need to improve on it.

You see Chelsea leading others in number of through passes in Epl. But we don't have great finishers at the end of most of them, that's why we failed to win matches.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ukobi: 12:46am On Apr 21
swiz123:

We are doomed.
These new generation footballers are not passionate anymore unlike before, you dare not smile while you’re losing such important games or go about exchanging shirts. These ones are just after the pay. Crazy bunch of clowns

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:01am On Apr 21
popizaino:

Attached to this post are the words of your gaffer yesterday.

Key words “clinical and to not concede”. The theory to outscore your opponent is more of a fantasy football approach.

You only need one goal to win. Of which we’ve been returning more than that per game (1.83) - literally two goals scored per game, despite our profligacy. Prior to the City’s game, we’ve been doing a regular Over 1.5 goals per game, so how is the attack the MAJOR problem?

It can’t possibly be yet only six teams have outscored us in the league.

What I don’t understand about una camp is how you all fail to see that conceding 1.73 goals per game for a top side is a disaster. Like, you’re certain these guys are going to concede two or more goals in a game. Have we done up to six clean sheets this season sef?

How that useless defense keeps undoing the little work done on the final third is beyond me. Our defense is the first of the myriad of issues to address at the Club even before that ‘useless’ attack.

If we’re handed a transfer embargo right now, I’ll be very concerned, not because of the attack but because, I’ll be losing a 39-year-old Thiago Silva whilst entering the next season with Disasi and Badiashile. That is high BP loading and waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:22am On Apr 21
Caicedobets:
Those guys don't play for passion
They just want the money
Nothing else bothers them

Heard he is on 20k per week wages and on 8 years contract. I doubt he will have anything meaningful to himself after paying taxes and bills.

He is simply a foolish boy with no ambition, just wants to be in the spotlight, hence his selfish plays.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19075) (19076) (19077) (19078) (19079) (19080) (19081) ... (19152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, zeusis(m), Leyqute(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.