Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10484526 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:
Of Course Lukaku has a higher profile now than Zouma...are you kidding?

Lukaku wan't blocked by talent...he was blocked by Jose.

Don't trivialise the debate by suggesting that the mistake made with Lukaku was made with everyone else.

I thought Lukaku was blocked by Drogba and Torres the 50M striker who has to play
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

Carvajal had to go to Leverkusen, Casemiro had to go to Porto, Pique went to Man Utd, Alba went to Valencia but all came back because the team has a solid plan in place.

Barcelona just sold Halilovic to Hamburg with a firm buy back, Madrid sold Morata with a buyback

Point exactly.

Go and get the experience, then come back. Pique and Alba were actually released by Barca sef. They had to go and make their name elsewhere first.

Dazall I'm saying.

Why are these top clubs having more success with their youth players than Chelsea? Either there is a big problem with the team planning or with the recruitment in the first place that thought previous first teamers at other clubs like Salah, Victor Moses, Marko Marin, Cuadrado, Christian Atsu should just be sent on loans all over the globe

If Moses is struggling to get games at West Ham and Liverpool....logic dictates that hes probably not what we want. Same goes for them lot up there. It's not like those are academy products anyway
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:
Point exactly.
Go and get the experience, then come back. Pique and Alba were actually released by Barca sef. They had to go and make their name elsewhere first.
Dazall I'm saying.

Its working for other clubs, How many of these cases have worked for Chelsea in the past 15yrs? So its either the recruitment was wrong or the club wasnt even looking in their direction and gave up on them

Bayern have had Lahm, ALaba, Kroos also go out on loan and come back stronger into the first team. Chelsea cant point to any like that either grew into the first team or went on loan and came back

If Moses is struggling to get games at West Ham and Liverpool....logic dictates that hes probably not what we want. Same goes for them lot up there. It's not like those are academy products anyway

Then what was the scouting report and sense behind buying them then? All of them were bought in the past 4yrs o. Teams have transfer flops. Like Remy, Rahman, Djiboloji, Mikel, some consider Oscar too but Some of these above didnt even get up to 1 season in Chelsea squad before they were shipped out on loan. So what was the plan when they were shipped out almost immediately they were bought

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

PvA and Bertrand are completely unremarkable footballers so I'm not fussed that they were kicked out of the club. The road to football glory is littrered with broken dreams and substandard talent. They have found their levels in midtable and the relegation zone. Let them lie there.

Wes Brown and Oshea at their peak are still better than PvA. Heck, up until May, they were actually even playing with PvA in the same team!

Leicester has/had significant talent. We just signed on of their players for 30m. Arsenal went in for Vardy. Mahrez reportedly has a 45m price tag.

To narrow it down to specific positions, Christian Fuchs is one of the most capped players from Austria and is a Champions league regular. He is better than both PvA and Bertrand

Nobody is writing them off(PvA or Bertrand), but we must also hold realistic expectations for some of these players. The club invests so much time and money into raising these players, and want them to succeed far more than you and I do..but sometimes the players are just not good enough.

The left backs at Barca Madrid and Bayern are all better than Bertrand or PvA. Alaba is younger than them. Alba is around the same age. Marcelo is older. They are all better than Bertrand or PVA.

I have zero regret that those two were kicked out. They are simply not good enough.

Are you deliberately typing the way you are on purpose?

So according to you, you knew kante and mahrez were going to be top players before the season started,right? You must be nastradamus then bruv!

Please, PVA and Bertrand were just names I mentioned and they do not justify why the club have done a terrible job at handling the younger players! By the way you exaggerate badly calling Bertrand mediocre. He may not be a world class talent however he is definitely not mediocre. And, stop using the shitty England selection of national team players to justify your point bros.

What is actually happening here Nihilist? Why do you want to compare like for likes when I clearly stated, each of barca, Madrid and Bayern must have or have had their fair share of PVA and bertrand kind of players?

The point here is not if Bertrand or PVA are world class or great talents rather its about giving youths a chance and not steeewpidly spending cash to buy worse players than them, when we can make do with what we have.

You can be happy all you want about PVA and Bertrand getting kicked out however, the discourse has always been about the way the younger players have being handled so far. Not about PVA and Bertrand bros. Meanwhile, you can take a vote btw pva/bertrand and baba to see who most CFC fans will rather have in this presently squad.

Anyways, what is obvious here is that, you won't try to see things differently. So I see were you coming from but, I do not support it.

I rest my case bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHy you nokuku go Afghanistan and pick IED with bare hand? So na only nihilist and diggz go dey fit to marry young wife in their 70's

Lol...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Of Course Lukaku has a higher profile now than Zouma...are you kidding?

Lukaku wan't blocked by talent...he was blocked by Jose.

Don't trivialise the debate by suggesting that the mistake made with Lukaku was made with everyone else.

Blocked by José when he had Lord fernandud,drogba and co. to contend with!

Ok...issorite...!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its working for other clubs, How many of these cases have worked for Chelsea in the past 15yrs? So its either the recruitment was wrong or the club wasnt even looking in their direction and gave up on them

Bayern have had Lahm, ALaba, Kroos also go out on loan and come back stronger into the first team. Chelsea cant point to any like that either grew into the first team or went on loan and came back

Then what was the scouting report and sense behind buying them then? All of them were bought in the past 4yrs o. Teams have transfer flops. Like Remy, Rahman, Djiboloji, Mikel, some consider Oscar too but Some of these above didnt even get up to 1 season in Chelsea squad before they were shipped out on loan. So what was the plan when they were shipped out almost immediately they were bought

Thanks for this post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
diggz:

Are you deliberately typing the way you are on purpose?
So according to you, you knew kante and mahrez were going to be top players before the season started,right? You must be nastradamus then bruv!
Please, PVA and Bertrand were just names I mentioned and they do not justify why the club have done a terrible job at handling the younger players! By the way you exaggerate badly calling Bertrand mediocre. He may not be a world class talent however he is definitely not mediocre. And, stop using the shitty England selection of national team players to justify your point bros.
What is actually happening here Nihilist? Why do you want to compare like for likes when I clearly stated, each of barca, Madrid and Bayern must have or have had their fair share of PVA and bertrand kind of players?
The point here is not if Bertrand or PVA are world class or great talents rather its about giving youths a chance and not steeewpidly spending cash to buy worse players than them, when we can make do with what we have.
You can be happy all you want about PVA and Bertrand getting kicked out however, the discourse has always been about the way the younger players have being handled so far. Not about PVA and Bertrand bros. Meanwhile, you can take a vote btw pva/bertrand and baba to see who most CFC fans will rather have in this presently squad.
Anyways, what is obvious here is that, you won't try to see things differently. So I see were you coming from but, I do not support it.
I rest my case bro.

PvA and Bertrand are super mediocre. I don't believe that they are good examples.

The Southampton model is simple. They buy largely untested entities, train them up and sell them for a profit. That includes mangerial staff sef. If you're still at Southampton, you're probably not good enough.

I never said Kante and Mahrez would be superstars. I never knew. So they went to Leicester to prove what they could do.

I think that you have a point regarding spending. Lukaku's departure for Costa was a big mistake. KDB arguably also has a case...

Who else?

Baba is 22 years old and still has plenty of scope for growth and improvement . PvA and Bertrand are both 26 and have never shown the potential to upstage Azpi who is the same age as them.

So we should have kept those guys to play understudy to their age mate? cheesy

Which other youngsters have we treated badly? I've quoted two youth team members who said that they were training with the 1st team. So why are managers seeing these youth in training sessions and not picking them? Can you answer that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
diggz:

Blocked by José when he had Lord fernandud,drogba and co. to contend with!

Ok...issorite...!

Lukaku cost more than Eto'o and Drogba combined. On price tag value alone, he had grounds to demand to start. Jose clearly didn't rate Etoo sef given his old age comments.

When a club signs a player for up to 17m and put him on the bench, you know that the manager is making a statement.

When you go out on loan twice scoring almost 40 league goals in 2 seasons, yet your manager goes to sign Costa, then you know that your manager is making a statement.

Jose was the one that deliberately blocked Lukaku especially after that SuperCup game.That's just the fact of the matter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nihilist:

Lukaku cost more than Eto'o and Drogba combined. On price tag value alone, he had grounds to demand to start. Jose clearly didn't rate Etoo sef given his old age comments.

When a club signs a player for up to 17m and put him on the bench, you know that the manager is making a statement.

When you go out on loan twice scoring almost 40 league goals in 2 seasons, yet your manager goes to sign Costa, then you know that your manager is making a statement.

Jose was the one that deliberately blocked Lukaku especially after that SuperCup game.That's just the fact of the matter.

How is lukaku worth more than eto and drogba combined at 17mil? Bros you can do better than this,haba..!

Anyways, na fresh argument wan start so bros, and my batt dey almost flat. Will come back to trash this out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chelseafan1:
Hi guys, let's help one of us win this....Vote Eden Hazard if you are yet to, voting closes tomorrow.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/cover-vote/athlete-detail/eden-hazard

How far. Hidden Pius Ikedia Hazard cant even win on FIFA 17

https://www.easports.com/fifa/cover-vote-winner

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn56L8JXgAAWFLi.jpg:large[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chelsea played a friendly today against a local side in austria... We won 8-0 grin..... Michy scored 2 goals cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chestar5:
Chelsea played a friendly today against a local side in austria... We won 8-0 grin..... Michy scored 2 goals cheesy
undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 12:23am On Jul 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
What was I saying yesterday about RLC? That he aint no DM but a fast sonabitaaach up top. Well, Conte, agrees with me on this as he intends playing him as a striker (or behind one) in the future.

#Let players express themselves.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:
What was I saying yesterday about RLC? That he aint no DM but a fast sonabitaaach up top. Well, Conte, agrees with me on this as he intends playing him as a striker (or behind one) in the future.

#Let players express themselves.

Brilliant observation FBS. I had been thinking this, seeing I saw RLC play up front a few times when he much very much younger. Now I agree that is a brilliant move. Play him up top with a clinical dude and that could be something to look forward to. It will be interesting to see how he uses his height and large frame to create chances.

Bat & RLC in a forward two? Conte is tickling me with new ideas. I am beginning to think this is one fella who is extremely multi-dimensional.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
nateevs:

Brilliant observation FBS. I had been thinking this, seeing I saw RLC play up front a few times when he much very much younger. Now I agree that is a brilliant move. Play him up top with a clinical dude and that could be something to look forward to. It will be interesting to see how he uses his height and large frame to create chances.

Bat & RLC in a forward two? Conte is tickling me with new ideas. I am beginning to think this is one fella who is extremely multi-dimensional.
Thanks boss. cheesy

It just feels right to see your "babies" grow. Na to dey bully opposition in the box + yafun yafun penarities cheesy grin

As for Conte, he is yet to "buy" me over but one thing is certain, we move the ball way quicker and definitely playing via the wings.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
Everything about Conte is Fight!!!
I dey feel that man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
I maybe wrong, but I kinda remember RLC playing in exactly that #10 position a few times under Guus last season and was completely underwhelming.

Consider me unimpressed that RLC looked good against a club that doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Mikel scored against them too. I'm not optimistic about his chances either.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:
I maybe wrong, but I kinda remember RLC playing in exactly that #10 position a few times under Guus last season and was completely underwhelming.

Consider me unimpressed that RLC looked good against a club that doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Mikel scored against them too. I'm not optimistic about his chances either.

Good you are not Conte and never will be cheesy

PS; take an hour of your time to watch some of his game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:

Good you are not Conte and never will be cheesy

PS; take an hour of your time to watch some of his game.

I watched him in the league...not against an austrian team with no stadium.

Would you like me to bring out comments on this thread from some of those days? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I watched him in the league...not against an austrian team with no stadium.

Would you like me to bring out comments on this thread from some of those days? cheesy

How many times? 3/5 times? cheesy

Oh Please do. I thought he was one slow and lazy ee.diot especially as a DM and I remember clearly saying "To whom much is given...."

Thereafter I watched his matches with the Youth Team and I tell you he seems a completely different player.

Anything else?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
Meanwhile...Castro dey pepe Manure. What a strike.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:

How many times? 3/5 times? cheesy

Oh Please do. I thought he was one slow and lazy ee.diot especially as a DM and I remember clearly saying "To whom much is given...."

Thereafter I watched his matches with the Youth Team and I tell you he seems a completely different player.

Anything else?

Here we go again.

I wish we had a eye rolling emoji on this board.

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Here we go again.

I wish we had a eye rolling emoji on this board.

cheesy

Internet is your friend. You can find one.

Na you talk am say Chelsea backroom staff must know the supertalents in the squad, abi beko?

Now RLC is in the first team and Conte says he sees him as a striker or as a support striker. Do you mean to say you know more than the backroom staff and Conte combined together ni?

How do you judge a player from the Youth setup? By asking Mr Nihilist or Baba Suwe? cheesy

PS; I still dey wait for the posts wey you say you wan bring out oo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:

Internet is your friend. You can find one.

Na you talk am say Chelsea backroom staff must know the supertalents in the squad, abi beko?

Now RLC is in the first team and Conte says he sees him as a striker or as a support striker. Do you mean to say you know more than the backroom staff and Conte combined together ni?

How do you judge a player from the Youth setup? By asking Mr Nihilist or Baba Suwe? cheesy

PS; I still dey wait for the posts wey you say you wan bring out oo.
I'm sure what you believe you've written a very witty response.

All I am saying is that is one thing to shine in youth sides and against div 4 austrian teams with no stadium.

It's another thing to shine at EPL level. And if you use that nairaland search bar at the top of you screen to search for 'RLC', you will see what we all thought when he played at the business end.

You came here to crow in vindication that RLC shined against some wack austrian side. Allow me to remind you that Mikel Obi scored against them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm sure what you believe you've written a very witty response.

All I am saying is that is one thing to shine in youth sides and against div 4 austrian teams with no stadium.

It's another thing to shine at EPL level. And if you use that nairaland search bar at the top of you screen to search for 'RLC', you will see what we all thought when he played at the business end.

You came here to crow in vindication that RLC shined against some wack austrian side. Allow me to remind you that Mikel Obi scored against them.
I assume that the 'we' na you and Baba Suwe? cheesy

Anyways as I said earlier, you are not Conte and never will be. EOD.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:

I'm not particularly sure where I suggested that I was Conte.

Isn't it a bit to early to be drunk?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
FBS:

I'm not particularly sure where I suggested that I was Conte.

Isn't it a bit to early to be drunk? cheesy

Because you are quoting me but seem to be responding to someone else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
Rlc as a DM is a total waste of time and space however, the few times I saw him play upfront for the senior team he never did badly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Chestar5:
A LOCAL SIDE FROM AUSTRIA?

Una don't start again o,

preseason kings, relegation lords

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
diggz:
Rlc as a DM is a total waste of time and space however, the few times I saw him play upfront for the senior team he never did badly.

I didn't think he played too badly myself but I wasn't really impressed either. I think he scored against a relegated villa side though.

I think that my chairman FBS is misunderstanding me. All I'm saying is that I'm not impressed if he scores 10 goals against a team who play on a field in the bush (Google it). If even Mikel can score against them, then kini big deal?

I don't really see how that line of thinking clashes with Contes statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, ouzo1(m), Joezinho and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.