Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10491142 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) ... (19139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Conte na madman
I don't want to see oscar near that team.
We need to sign koulibaly,I don't want to know his transfer fee.
Fabregas na godpass
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
bigkesh:
Ogun will make Conte bald if he ever goes back to 4-1-4-1

4-4-2 has always been my best but if we must use 3 MFs then it should be Chalobah,Kante and Fabregas.....Kante is wasting as a DM

Moses is way better than Pedro,that one isn't better than anyone anyway
Ycee is 10x> lukaku,Bobo na striker....He just reminds me of Drogba
Costa is an Idiot, I want him out.....

i tell you say bat na the real incarnate of drogba. He has technique, skills, strength and pace. He just have to work more on his finishing. Remember that's how drogba started before he became scoring machine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Wetin matic nd oscar dey give conte sef..... Why did he even bench fabrepass... I dont like all dis late minute changes, no b every time ihn go work....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
To me ,Conte is better than mourinho tactically

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
Can Oscar just get injured, say for about 6 months.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
I am beginning to think there is a rift between both of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Naijasports: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Watford 1 – 2 Chelsea (Highlights)

http://www.kwallon.com/watford-1-2-chelsea-highlights/

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
THAT pass was similar to Chalobahs during pre-season yet they say he ain't good enough. The bigger question though, is why does Oscar start ahead of Fabrepass?

So it's either Conte is a genius or a c.un.t. - 2 matches, 2 magic subs, 2 wins. You decide.

IMHO, Chelsea will either struggle this season or simply run away with the title cheesy

But ffs, me can't stand all these last minute goals. Person fit break something abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
@nateevs, was watching Manciene play for Notts Forest and almost fell off the chair. shocked Do you remember him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=FBS post=48657041]THAT pass was similar to Chalobahs during pre-season yet they say he ain't good enough. The bigger question though, is why does Oscar start ahead of Fabrepass?

So it's either Conte is a genius or a c.un.t. - 2 matches, 2 magic subs, 2 wins. You decide.

IMHO, Chelsea will either struggle this season or simply run away with the title cheesy

But ffs, me can't stand all these last minute goals. Person fit break something abeg. [/quot] because Oscar offers more strength and aggression in mildfiield more than Fab. Chalobah is not ready for any First team shirt. The one we call loftus we re even yet to see him play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
lordfalcao:

Tactics no be by super subs......Mourinho kills games 24 hours before kick off,he has watched the opponents,analyzed them and boom

You think subs will safe us in UCL,imagine getting it wrong against Barca,by the 50th minute you are out of the game and subs can do nothing

He has to start getting it right before the team enter the bus

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Just 13 players with a care-taker manager. 6 points out of 6. Hull City Magic. You gotta love the PL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
agrovick:
Can Oscar just get injured, say for about 6 months.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when ninjas were hyping Oscar after Werder Bremen match, it's the same shyt with Oscar every season. Niggas who should know better will get carried away with one performance, and by Christmas, Oscar would be useless. The next summer they will say "he has had a rest over summer and will shine this season". . . yet few games in, his uselessness will become apparent again.

If Oscar was in Fabregas shoes for that second goal, he would have spun around, tapped the ball twice and played a useless pass to Azpilicueta at left back. You can't give vision to a visionless mothaphucka.

As one Chelsea fan put it:

"One day Signor Conte will realize that whatever football conundrum is he faced with, Oscar is not the answer. That day he shall achieve enlightenment."

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
lordfalcao:
Niqqa please. just because Conte did the right thing he shoulda done does not make him to be mentioned in the same sentence with Mourinho.

#btw, wat is with the subs? Fabregas for Oscar? who doesn't know Fabregas should start ahead of that mothafucka?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by aventura: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
You guys forgot that conte as an italian will be susceptible to match fixing. Me think these last minutes wins are not accidental.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ibime:

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when ninjas were hyping Oscar after Werder Bremen match, it's the same shyt with Oscar every season. Niggas who should know better will get carried away with one performance, and by Christmas, Oscar would be useless. The next summer they will say "he has had a rest over summer and will shine this season". . . yet few games in, his uselessness will become apparent again.

If Oscar was in Fabregas shoes for that second goal, he would have spun around, tapped the ball twice and played a useless pass to Azpilicueta at left back. You can't give vision to a visionless mothaphucka.

As one Chelsea fan put it:

"One day Signor Conte will realize that whatever football conundrum is he faced with, Oscar is not the answer. That day he shall achieve enlightenment."
I gotta admit I got carried away with the Oscar preseason show, dude had enough rest and I expected him to string together a couple of memorable performances till at least December. Waste of space today, I wonder why his performance today still surprises me considering I'm used to seeing his mediocre displays.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
FBS:
Just 13 players with a care-taker manager. 6 points out of 6. Hull City Magic. You gotta love the PL.

bpl is the best league, take it or leave it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
Chelseafan1 Did you just see Neymar?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItGeek(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
raumdeuter:
Chelseafan1 Did you just see Neymar?

Fantastic Freekick, about to lead brazil to a first Olympic gold medal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
So Thiago Maia has lost his place in Brazils Olympic team?

I saw that ninjas highlight reel and he was not half the player Chalobah is. He just gives slow ponderous passes in the DM position, yet Kia Joorabchian would convince some eediot at Chelsea to spend £15m on him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Just last season Stoke beat Chelsea 1-0, beat City 2-0, beat Man Utd 2-0 all at Britannia

So when did "these days" start? or thats the new excuse

Sure there is a lot of work to be done, from the City that played last season to now. He has taken the challenge and lets see how far he goes
Now you sound reasonable

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Chestar5:

bpl is the best league, take it or leave it cheesy
A tough and entertaining league. Loving it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
While I am not outrightly in support of Oscar starting ahead of Fabregas, I don't understand how everyone seems to be acting like it isn't obvious why.

Conte is trying to make us defensively solid and hard to beat. So he is building from the back. For this reason, we must be careful not to be masking an argument in favor Fabregas, when the exact argument applies to him on the defensive side of the game.

So Fab came in and made a perfect pass, then he should start ahead of Oscar. It's the same argument as saying Oscar had a good pre season so should start ahead of Fab. There are potential disastrous consequences of fielding Fab from the start and our defensive frailties from last season still exist, regardless of the consecutive wins.

Conte however is looking at the stats of last season, looking at the most dribbled player in the team and thinking, how many goals might we have conceded by Fab's inability to defend before he is able to find that perfect one pass for that one goal?

The solution actually lies right in between both players, a solution that Conte things he does not currently have.

In my opinion, it is easy to align thoughts with Conte on the grounds of sacrificing a bit of attacking creativity for defensive solidity.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:31am On Aug 21, 2016
nateevs:
While I am not outrightly in support of Oscar starting ahead of Fabregas, I don't understand how everyone seems to be acting like it isn't obvious why.

Conte is trying to make us defensively solid and hard to beat. So he is building from the back. For this reason, we must be careful not to be masking an argument in favor Fabregas, when the exact argument applies to him on the defensive side of the game.

So Fab came in and made a perfect pass, then he should start ahead of Oscar. It's the same argument as saying Oscar had a good pre season so should start ahead of Fab. There are potential disastrous consequences of fielding Fab from the start and our defensive frailties from last season still exist, regardless of the consecutive wins.

Conte however is looking at the stats of last season, looking at the most dribbled player in the team and thinking, how many goals might we have conceded by Fab's inability to defend before he is able to find that perfect one pass for that one goal?

The solution actually lies right in between both players, a solution that Conte things he does not currently have.

In my opinion, it is easy to align thoughts with Conte on the grounds of sacrificing a bit of attacking creativity for defensive solidity.

Defence first, I agree.

But a midfield of Kante, Matic and Oscar has zero creativity.

It just highlights how visionless and utterly blind Oscar is.

One possible solution is Kante, Chalobah and Fab with Chalobah and Kante shuttling forward and back to create a platform for Fabregas.

Make we dey look sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:01am On Aug 21, 2016
bigkesh:

Tactics no be by super subs......Mourinho kills games 24 hours before kick off,he has watched the opponents,analyzed them and boom

You think subs will safe us in UCL,imagine getting it wrong against Barca,by the 50th minute you are out of the game and subs can do nothing

He has to start getting it right before the team enter the bus
the truth is Conte is getting everything he is doing right with the playerz we have?

only mourinho watch games and analyse??. well conte has played 30matches since 2015 winning 28.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:03am On Aug 21, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Niqqa please. just because Conte did the right thing he shoulda done does not make him to be mentioned in the same sentence with Mourinho.

#btw, wat is with the subs? Fabregas for Oscar? who doesn't know Fabregas should start ahead of that mothafucka?
that is my opinion and what I think about the game, I don't know about yours
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 1:04am On Aug 21, 2016
I'm still of the opinion Fabregas should be a sub in most games. He's undoubtably worthy of starting any game but when he does start he's targeted by the opposition, he has to work harder just to get into a position he can look up and make a pass, and defensively quicker midfielders know they can outrun him.

When he comes on (hopefully sooner than today) in the second half teams don't have the legs so it evens the playing field a little bit, he is able to get space and look up and I genuinely can't think of a single midfielder in the league that could make that pass to costa today, at least not consistently, he'd have found costa 9 times out of 10
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Ibime:

Defence first, I agree.

But a midfield of Kante, Matic and Oscar has zero creativity.

It just highlights how visionless and utterly blind Oscar is.

One possible solution is Kante, Chalobah and Fab with Chalobah and Kante shuttling forward and back to create a platform for Fabregas.

Make we dey look sha.
forget chalobah abeg, how many player he bench for mildfiield for napoli? a player that only made 5 appearance in a napoli shirt. that ninja is not ready Biko.

e better we buy another CM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Conte should tweak this team to his idea of football Jaree. even if it will cost benching anyone that is not ready for his idea of football like Fab.

The only thing i pray the board will do is to listen to him, allow him identify and sign his targets, he shouldn't sign out of pressure because of lack of transfers going in and out of the club. he should sign because the players suits what he wants. if we stop all this panic signings we wont be having people like Pedro, Hector miazga in our teams.

Omo see as this man's idea of football dy sweet my belle.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:17am On Aug 21, 2016
int.soccerway.com/news/2016/August/20/conte-eyes-defensive-reinforcements/n835663/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2016
lordfalcao:
forget chalobah abeg, how many player he bench for mildfiield for napoli? a player that only made 5 appearance in a napoli shirt. that ninja is not ready Biko.

Na this kind talk dey put us in trouble..... Do you know the circumstances surrounding the loan?
How many times have you seen the guy play?
Trust what you see nigga

The Matic that's experienced and ready what is he offering?
You wanna buy another CM when you have Kante,Fab and Oscar without mid week footy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:59am On Aug 21, 2016
lordfalcao:

What do you know?

Are you not the one that has been screaming in support of Oscar all summer? You couldn't know football if it hit you in the blockos.

Napoli has no reason to bench any of their players for Chalobah. All that one na politics. Even Napoli manager was unaware that Napoli had loaned Chalobah and didn't know who he was, so it was to be expected he would not give Chalobah minutes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) ... (19139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, MeMiTi, cephasdultimate and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.