Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10537798 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
diggz:
Hate him or love him,mou remains a genius!
Pogba tho.....

A genius for doing what exactly?

Do you know the this might be one of the most expensive sides ever assembled in football? and without any form of imagination?

He is currently 7th in the league

Only DDG saved them from a loss

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Grundig: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
This was a rubbish game. All shades of mourinho.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mehn there was one frame where United look like they were playing a back 8.

Jose the blocker.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Mehn there was one frame where United look like they were playing a back 8.

Jose the blocker.

As in Fellaini is the 10, Ashley Young the Left winger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

A genius for doing what exactly?

Do you know the this might be one of the most expensive sides ever assembled in football? and without any form of imagination?

He is currently 7th in the league

Only DDG saved them from a loss

Only Ibrahimovic saved them from a loss, so?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:
Only Ibrahimovic saved them from a loss, so?

At least a shot would need to be on target first

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/788125250760347648

OptaJoeVerified account
‏@OptaJoe
35% - Man Utd recorded just 35% possession against Liverpool; their lowest figure in a PL game in Opta's records (2003-present). Passive.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GBR1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
nateevs:

How? This dross is what you are calling genius? I dash anybody who wants. This is disgraceful football for a top side. What's the difference between this and Tony Pullis' Stoke?

If this is genius, what would you call Ferguson's United?
Before he retired Fergie last games at Anfield were far from a joy to watch and even with our best teams(2006-2009) at their peak it was always a very difficult game and we got steamrolled sometimes.

Regardless, i didn't enjoy today's game but it wasn't due only to the poor football, but because we dropped points.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

At least a shot would need to be on target first

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/788125250760347648

OptaJoeVerified account
‏@OptaJoe
35% - Man Utd recorded just 35% possession against Liverpool; their lowest figure in a PL game in Opta's records (2003-present). Passive.

I did not ask you for opata stats, David saved us from a loss, Ibrahimovic saved them from a loss

C'est fini

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
A draw was just what i wanted, after the game on sun whatever the result is when i get to say Game on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:
I did not ask you for opata stats, David saved us from a loss, Ibrahimovic saved them from a loss

C'est fini

How did Ibra save them from a loss? Did he even shoot on target?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

How did Ibra save them from a loss? Did he even shoot on target?

One on one with the goalkeeper and he headed wide, 9 times outta 10 he would have scored that

Bye
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kenekene1(m): 10:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
Here are six conclusions from the Chelsea versus Leicester City match.

http://eneprom..com.ng/2016/10/premier-league-six-takeaways-from.html?m=1

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AbuMikey(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:

You lack basic education, your illiteracy oozes all over the place and your ignorance reigns supreme

Act like you've got some sense when next you talk to me because I won't be this polite next time , now shift

You are already so impolite to the poor boy na gringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AbuMikey(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:

United fans and trash that we dump on your bin heads as trash cans

Why will a push and stop player bench a player who is very direct without his backside being an obstruction?

gringringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:48am On Oct 18, 2016
dopeJemi:

Oga, when it comes to what matters most in football which is goals and assists, mkhitaryan sh.its on hazard, whether he copped that stat in Kenya is nobody's business, hazard also played in a shi.t league in France and his output still no near

If I want drimbling, i'll call hazard, if I want goals i'll call mkhitaryan and de bruyne

Bye
And if you want a player to carry your team to the league title,who would you call?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 12:58am On Oct 18, 2016
bigkesh:

And if you want a player to carry your team to the league title,who would you call?

RVP! !! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:29am On Oct 18, 2016
pamcode:
I agree with Nihilist. The problem is his mentality jare two days ago or so i watched our goals in that 2013/2014 season the way he Dribbles, cuts in and shoot, he seemed to have quite a hunger to fire in shots f goals but now he rarely does that the few times he tries it either it is agonisingly wide or hit against a defender or he just opts to pass. Though he seems to be returning to his old habits but i believe he has work to do in terms of fitness, shooting accuracy(goals) and setpieces(freekicks especially) that If he wants to at least go down as Chelsea legend.

Timing of runs is the main difference between those who score goals and those who don't. Most professional footballers can hit a shot on target and many have similar conversion stats. The difference between the supreme goalscorers and the others is they get more volume of shots due to the fact they arrive in the box frequently and at the right time. Hazard would need to learn to score tapins just by making the right runs to be able to compete with the likes of Muller, Griezmann and Neymar for goal output. Ororo and Messi is another story.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:55am On Oct 18, 2016
nateevs:

How? This dross is what you are calling genius? I dash anybody who wants. This is disgraceful football for a top side. What's the difference between this and Tony Pullis' Stoke?

If this is genius, what would you call Ferguson's United?

Well , we obviously have different perspective on this. I completely understand your yarns of dross and tony pullis stoke however,not all games/fights are won beautifully. Even the fergie you mentioned had some stomach arching games too.

Please,do not make it seem like they camped on their half of pitch while launching long balls into the order half of it. Anyways, all man with their opinion and I definitely saw something different on the night.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:52am On Oct 18, 2016
Ibime:

Timing of runs is the main difference between those who score goals and those who don't. Most professional footballers can hit a shot on target and many have similar conversion stats. The difference between the supreme goalscorers and the others is they get more volume of shots due to the fact they arrive in the box frequently and at the right time. Hazard would need to learn to score tapins just by making the right runs to be able to compete with the likes of Muller, Griezmann and Neymar for goal output. Ororo and Messi is another story.

Have a look at the stats below.

The likes of Griezman and Muller arent necessarily taking that many more shots than Hazard. Griezmann in particular took exactly the same number of shots as Hazard that year....and even had a lower shot accuracy...yet he scored more goals.

I posted earlier how 8 la liga teams in 2014/15 conceded 60+ goals that year, unlike England where only 1 team had such a shockingly bad defence, so perhaps this positively affected Griezmann's scoring rate.

But it's the number of keypasses I want to bring to your attention. Muller and Griezmann made significantly fewer key passes than Hazard - this is a function of players who are exclusively focused on scoring - Yet are unable to post significantly better raw numbers when it comes to shooting and goal scoring.

Ronaldo and Messi on the other hand have fantastic shooting AND passing numbers...and to me this is a clearest indicator of the skill bracket Hazard belongs to.

Griezmann is exclusively focused on scoring and yet cannot actually outshoot Hazard...

Hazard's problem is a mental problem, he has what it takes to at least be close to Ronaldo and Messi if not stay on par with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2016
dopeJemi:

You lack basic education, your illiteracy oozes all over the place and your ignorance reigns supreme

Act like you've got some sense when next you talk to me because I won't be this polite next time, now shift
But still didn't change the fact that you lack common sense and as we all know it's not always common.

M U G U.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:11am On Oct 18, 2016
I don't want to be arguing with football fan that rate players solely on stats.

Erm btw, Only a fo.ol and a sentimental crack head compare mikhitaran stats while playing in Ukraine and Bayern Liga to that of hazard's who play in a competitive league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 18, 2016
hensben:
I don't want to be arguing with football fan that rate players solely on stats.

Erm btw, Only a fo.ol and a sentimental crack head compare mikhitaran stats while playing in Ukraine and Bayern Liga to that of hazard's who play in a competitive league.

The guy fall hand but

Your Hazard is indeed mediocre.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2016
Nihilist:

Hazard's problem is a mental problem, he has what it takes to at least be close to Ronaldo and Messi if not stay on par with them.

Hazard can be close- at his best he can be so close but not at par with Ronaldo and Messi.

Hazard play is good, but he is mentally poor (yes you mentioned that but its part of the yardstick for selecting best players), and his accuracy is low.

One can keep Hazard quiet 5/10 times, but can only achieve that with Ronaldo and Messi 1/10.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2016
Mou a genius? In a game that he should be winning, 1 minute left into extra time, he brings in a LB, to do what? That is what some people call a genius? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:17am On Oct 18, 2016
Pataki:
Mou a genius? In a game that he should be winning, 1 minute left into extra time, he brings in a LB, to do what? That is what some people call a genius? grin

When I saw that move, laugh wan kill me. Only 3 things are constant in this life - Death, Taxes, and Jose parking the bus against a rival.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2016
Pataki:

At that point, wetin you want make him do? grin Make an attacking sub? grin

His starting line up should have told you he came for a draw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2016
bigkesh:

Costa and Fabregas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2016
AbuMikey:

You are already so impolite to the poor boy na gringrin

Nah, that was me being very nice cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:58am On Oct 18, 2016
dopeJemi:

Costa and Fabregas

What is ya p?
From Martial you jumped to Mkhi and KDB,now its Costa and Fabregas

Your arguments keep changing shape and colour like Pogba's hairstyle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:59am On Oct 18, 2016
I thought it was Hazard vs Martial,KdB and Neymar

Now its Hazard vs Martial,Ronaldo,Messi,Kdb, Neymar,Rvp,Costa,Fabregas and maybe De Gea

If you don't rate him,you won't compare him

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2016
bigkesh:

What is ya p?
From Martial you jumped to Mkhi and KDB,now its Costa and Fabregas

Your arguments keep changing shape and colour like Pogba's hairstyle

We are talking about players in your team, but let's dance to your tune

If I want league titles, I won't call on hazard or martial, goals and assists win titles not skills and fat asses, so if I want a player to carry my team to a league title i'll call neymar(brazil and barca) mkhitaryan(Shaktar)

Hazard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 10:31am On Oct 18, 2016
bigkesh:
I thought it was Hazard vs Martial,KdB and Neymar

Now its Hazard vs Martial,Ronaldo,Messi,Kdb, Neymar,Rvp,Costa,Fabregas and maybe De Gea

If you don't rate him,you won't compare him

Nope, it was hazard's output vs mkhitaryan's output, and hazard's directness vs martial's

(1) (2) (3) ... (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nateevs(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.