Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10448672 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) ... (19123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
So apart from Arsenal, no other team can beat Chelsea?
SMH sad

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

How would you have any understanding when your tongue is stuck firmly in Hazard's aszs

Mr. Which-team-will-stop-Pep in the EPL.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chelseafan1:
Mr. Which-team-will-stop-Pep in the EPL.

When will Hidden show up in CL crucial stages?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

When will Hidden show up in CL crucial stages?

Please why not allow us enjoy the win?

Why will you choose today of all days to yarn okpas?

Please, we love hidden! Kindly leave him for us!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Spy360:

SMH sad

Fvck u!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
Danhumprey:
calm down. have you played Liverpool and maybe Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur away?

it's not over yet. trust me, you guys will start dropping points. but AS OF NOW, the title is Chelsea's to lose.
and u forget how Leicester won d league with an average team?;?? wats most important is determination... Chelsea have an outstanding determination to win ds league, nothing will stop dem
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Spy360:

SMH sad
pls wait for a return leg b4 sticking ur neck out

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
Spy360:

SMH sad

We switched to a 3-4-3 in the second half of the game against Arsenal. Since that moment in the dressing room, we've won 10 games in a row and conceded only 2 goals. You have not beaten us in a 3-4-3. If I were you, I will be mindful of that confidence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
hensben:
we should be playing matic against small team and fab against big team. grin

I don't even understand this assertion. Matic brings a lot of steel to our game, so why should that be reserved for the smaller folks?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Spy360:

SMH sad
Liverpool! Olodo! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Griffon:

I don't even understand this assertion. Matic brings a lot of steel to our game, so why should that be reserved for the smaller folks?
wetin you say make I talk. grin

Still prefer matic to start though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
This game could have been lost as easily as it was won and with a more intimidating scoreline. I think there is a hasty overcelebration on this thread perhaps because Chelsea were a goal down and didn't expect the win. They deserve their win. However, this was not about 3-4-3 but about converting chances and Chelsea did so very well. Let us give it a rest, in the last 8 games Chelsea conceded more chances today than they had in the previous 7 others put together.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Counter-attacking masterclass. I was in a restaurant when Willian scored and almost smashed the table. na so I happy reach. cheesy

Fabrepass - the pass master.

MOTM - Diego Costa. An absolute beast.

West Brom next?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
nateevs:
Of course FBS. I agree. Why not a win? Let's go there with a positive mentality. What's the worst that could happen?
By the way, even though they are a top team, we are the toughest team they are yet to meet on this side of the PL season and we all know how they have fared with organised sides. So indeed, there is a chance.

bros, yes so. positive mentality is THE way, especially when you have the chance. I personally prefer to operate in that mode.

congratulations on the win plus your boy scored a good goal today. aa we o. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nihilist:

Imo Fabregas made a very good case for himself today. His ability to move the ball and see the whole pitch is something we've been missing from Matic(Who isnt really that great defensively anyway)

Can he win his place back in the side? I don't know...but I would like him to have a run in the side.

Willian also did very very well today.

At thr very least, both Pedro and Matic will know that they have to be on their toes with Fab and Willian staking their claims

Conte is a very smart man. He knows that Xmas fixtures are upon us. And I think this has more to do with the injection of Fab than Matic's injury. I also believe the is the reason behinds the recalling of Kennedy.

I agree Matic doesn't bring what Fabregas can do but truth be told, have we really been missing that? The numbers don't suggest so. We mustn't forget that game was walking past Fab until it opened up. What I believe we need 'eventually' is a player right in the middle of both.

Willian gave City a few problems because of his ability to retain possession better than Pedro. However again, eventually, what we need is a player right in between both players.

Before then, I say we are in a good place and we have a new but solid core in Costa, Hazard, Kante, Luiz (believe it or not), Courtois and solid players in Matic, Moses and Pili as extensions of that core.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
Eruditor:
This game could have been lost as easily as it was won and with a more intimidating scoreline. I think there is a hasty overcelebration on this thread perhaps because Chelsea were a goal down and didn't expect the win. They deserve their win. However, this was not about 3-4-3 but about converting chances and Chelsea did so very well. Let us give it a rest, in the last 8 games Chelsea conceded more chances today than they had in the previous 7 others put together.

This was to be expected.

1. Because we were playing a side that creates arguably the highest number of chances in the league and
2. We didn't have Matic, so we lost a considerable amount of defensive solidity.

This first occurrence will not happen again until we play perhaps, Liverpool and we have set-up built to withstand the amount of chances created by City and everything below that.

Don't forget also that we have money and we are yet to splash. We could very well be in the market in January purchasing upgrades for the positions Cahill, Alonso and Pedro/Willian.

This is why I am now feeling very upbeat.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
nateevs:

Conte is a very smart man. He knows that Xmas fixtures are upon us. And I think this has more to do with the injection of Fab than Matic's injury. I also believe the is the reason behinds the recalling of Kennedy.

I agree Matic doesn't bring what Fabregas can do but truth be told, have we really been missing that? The numbers don't suggest so. We mustn't forget that game was walking past Fab until it opened up. What I believe we need 'eventually' is a player right in the middle of both.

Willian gave City a few problems because of his ability to retain possession better than Pedro. However again, eventually, what we need is a player right in between both players.

Before then, I say we are in a good place and we have a new but solid core in Costa, Hazard, Kante, Luiz (believe it or not), Courtois and solid players in Matic, Moses and Pili as extensions of that core.

PERFECT!!!
your analysis is just perfect, couldn't be said better than this.
Once again, big thanks to Conte for coming up with a perfect solution to our problems.
He seems to be setting a trend in the epl.

Peace bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
Marcos Alonso Guys! Watching him the past few games, Safe to say we need a new Left(Wing)Back . Harry Redknapp right imo, he's easily our biggest flaw. Interested to hear what you guys think.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Brestar:
Marcos Alonso Guys! Watching him the past few games, Safe to say we need a new Left(Wing)Back . Harry Redknapp right imo, he's easily our biggest flaw. Interested to hear what you guys think.
His position and ball control are top notch but weak every other aspect of the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
hensben:
His position and ball control are top notch but weak every other aspect of the game.

Lacked Composure when under pressure! Jesus Navas had a field day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
diggz:

Fvck u!
Meeeee!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Brestar:
It's very obvious to every one here. I have been among the first people lamenting over Alonso's defensive weakness etc. But then, we've been winning ever since he started featuring in our first 11.

Hopefully, we'll get a better LWB by January.. kennedy is coming back though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Just watched the highlights, and I must say the defending from City was comical; Bravo was.... grin

Chelsea are now one match away from equaling the feat of the 06/07 season where the team won 9 league games in a row.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
CFCman:
Just watched the highlights, and I must say the defending from City was comical; Bravo was.... grin

Chelsea are now one match away from equaling the feat of the 06/07 season where the team won 9 league games in a row.
In 05/06 season, we had just one draw in our first 10matches. I think we won the first 9 on the trot and drew the tenth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Emaprince:
It's very obvious to every one here. I have been among the first people lamenting over Alonso's defensive weakness etc. But then, we've been winning ever since he started featuring in our first 11.

Hopefully, we'll get a better LWB by January.. kennedy is coming back though.

Ake/Kenedy/Baba Great options we have.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
Brestar:

Baba is an option; not a great one. I for one will play Alonso every day of the week before I consider Baba. And Baba is certainly not better than Kennedy or Ake.

Even though I want one of Ake/Kennedy playing that position, the ideal fella for this role eventually is a young man named Jay DaSilva.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
nateevs:

Baba is an option; not a great one. I for one will play Alonso every day of the week before I consider Baba. And Baba is certainly not better than Kennedy or Ake.

Even though I want one of Ake/Kennedy playing that position, the ideal fella for this role eventually is a young man named Jay DaSilva.

For the future? Yes. Now? Don't think so. Still has a lot to learn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
I promised to kick-off the "Chelsea for the title" campaign if we turn-up against Spuds and Citeh. And here you have it, we are winning the league.

It is pretty obvious EPL managers and teams are still flummoxed with Conte's approach. They are having hard times deciphering how to stop us and that can only be to our own advantage b'cos the longer it takes to understand how to stop us, the quicker we close on the title.

I am really impressed with the work-rate of this team and above all the character they put up today. That is simply champions' stuff. Luiz to me has improved by many miles and this isn't even about the hackneyed 'the tactics is helping him' claim. Dude looks way serious than he has ever been in his playing career. For some reasons he has my man-of-the-match award. Another positive to take home is the fact that Costa seems to be a changed man. He is scoring for fun and as well is making peace amid brawls. If you ask me, I'll say he is firing us to the title.

There is just a problem - our left-wing back. I clearly identified him as our weakest link weeks ago and that was proven correct today. He seems to be too sloppy retreating and his response is quite suspect. Navas and KDB were whipping in all manner of crosses from his end and if not for good defending and City's profligacy we could have conceded more. Cahill might be getting an understandable level of flak for that own-goal but it must not be forgotten that it was Alonso who was particularly at fault for being far too central when that cross was delivered.

That said, this team is simply good for the title. What I can only dread at the moment is an injury to Costa.

Our next five games this festive month would see us entertain; West Brom (h), Sunderland (A), Crystal Palace (A), Bournemouth (H), Stoke (H). I don't see any reason why we shouldn't move into 2017 on top of the table. It would only be a question of, how wide is the margin?

Let's KTBFFH!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its still a long season and no one seemed to have found a solution to Conte yet. If no one finds a solution till January ending it might be too late

Chelsea have a perfect core that they have to cross fingers and hope nothing happens to them, Not playing in Europe helps them with this
Also you cannot rule out the effect of not playing in Europe as the 2 top teams are without European games to worry about.

Building a winning team for Pep in City is seen as a long term project winning the league this season will be an outstanding success

I don't know why you used the most of this post to talk about Chelsea when I asked you a question about Pep and Man City.

The claim that Liverpool n Chelsea are doing well because they have no Europe worries and Man City does is totally unfounded and has no backbone. Several managers have won the league while participating in the UCL, and they did well in the UCL too. Ferguson did it. The last time Mourinho won the EPL he participated in Europe and got past the group stages.

Building a winning team for Pep in City is seen as a long term project winning the league this season will be an outstanding success

City were the favorites before. Pep started the season well but like we told you earlier, when you guys were chanting his oriki, you don't win the EPL by starting well. It's a tough competitive league.

At the moment things are not look good for Pep. City is only 3 points above Tottenham and is going to have a tough December, with 2 key players suspended.

If he's as good as you guys touted him to be he'll survive December and still be up there with other teams.

Pep's appointment was announced several months before the last season ended and he had time to tinker with the squad during the whole summer. He even spent about 130m GBP.

I know it takes time to build good teams but if he fails to qualify for the UCL this season doesn't do well next season, he's nothing but a sophisticated charlatan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Brestar:

Baba rahman na complete over the bar. They should sell him if possible.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Brestar:

For the future? Yes. Now? Don't think so. Still has a lot to learn.

The key word being eventually. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Leyqute:

[s]I know it takes time to build good teams but if he fails to qualify for the UCL this season doesn't do well next season, he's nothing but a sophisticated charlatan. [/s]

Just as you are waiting for Pep at the end of next season We are also waiting for Mourinho at the end of next season

Mourinho has always given excuses why Pep is perceived to be a better coach Whether he coached in an easy league or coached a team that was superstar filled now all excuses in the trash both are starting from the bottom and I am saying I am expecting Pep to win and I expect Mourinho to win too no excuse for either

ANyone who fails to win has failed

angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) ... (19123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Scharck(m), andrewbaba44, Yustash001(m), Amigoss and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.