Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10450773 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
lordfalcao:
tongue chai.. You are really a chameleon

Pep saves English football against my wish
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nothing spoil.. ..We will beat City 3-1 in france
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
PietroRico:
by doing what?
Avoiding defeat at home to Monaco with a team that reached the stage semis last year? grin grin

Oponu ni Dayo raumdeuter cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Just about ANYTHING can happen in the return leg, from city trashing them to them being trashed and a wide range of possibilities in between.
That's how eccentric this apari and his team are

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
PietroRico:
by doing what?
Avoiding defeat at home to Monaco with a team that reached the stage semis last year? grin grin

The other EPL team that played got demolished 5-1

Pep and City have your only win this game week thus far
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
airmark:

Oponu ni Dayo raumdeuter cheesy
he has to be doing it for the lols grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sane already has more big UCL game performances than Hazard.

LOL. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
bykebyke:
Sane already has more big UCL game performances than Hazard.

LOL. grin
so, he is a better player than hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Greatihex:
so, he is a better player than hazard.
If that is what you wanna take from that post.

Be my guest. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
bykebyke:

If that is what you wanna take from that post.

Be my guest. grin
I am not taking anything from it. I just want to know what you are all about
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Greatihex:
I am not taking anything from it. I just want to know what you are all about
Sane at 21 has more big game performances than Hazard in the UCL. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
bykebyke:

Sane at 21 has more big game performances than Hazard in the UCL. grin
does it make him better than hazard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Greatihex:
does it make him better than hazard?
I don't know o. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ibime:

So does Nottingham Forest

Yes Nottingham forest who haven't played European Cup in your entire lifetime is the closest comparison to the most successful cl team

Kill obesity before obesity kills you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2017
Nihilist:
Aguero MOTM

Oh well, we were told by a seasoned German pundit on this forum that he's finished and his style of play, outdated.

How is he still scoring? Something isn't right somewhere, Kun Agu must have upgraded his style of play to a newer version cheesy

Nigggas with hindsight keep typing crap to sound knowledgeable.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Batshuayi has 5 starts for Chelsea this season. £33M.. The minutes he's come on the pitch - 87, 90, 87, 84, 85, 90, 89, 90, 80, 89, 78, 71

Michy looking at Conte like:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Griffon:

Oh well, we were told by a seasoned German pundit on this forum that he's finished and his style of play, outdated.

How is he still scoring? Something isn't right somewhere, Kun Agu must have upgraded his style of play to a newer version cheesy

Nigggas with hindsight keep typing crap to sound knowledgeable.

Haven't you answered your question already? Is a player adapting to the Coach requirements a new phenomenon? Is Yaya Toure the same player he was under Pellegrini and Mancini?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
Aguero: "Guardiola and I get on very well. What he wants, above everything, from all the players is that we push a little more."

Aguero: "He's always asking me for more, more, more, obviously it's a sacrifice I have to make, that we all have to make."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
homesteady:

Haven't you answered your question already? Is a player adapting to the Coach requirements a new phenomenon? Is Yaya Toure the same player he was under Pellegrini and Mancini?

So if a player is scoring means what? Is scoring the only thing required of a striker

Mourinho couldn't work with Mata 2 time chelsea player of the year because his play pattern didn't suit Mourinho

Mourinho couldn't work with Shevchenko yet he was scoring in other places

Several coaches couldn't work with Torres, is he not scoring?

Some people just reduce the level of intellectual input into everything

Lukaku is scoring yet many people are wary of his style of play and hesitant to buy him otherwise with all his goals he won't be in Everton now

Maybe Barcelona should buy Lukaku because he's scoring
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lol. Ain't that a normal thing? Managers demanding more from their players? cheesy

Yeah right, Aguero just got rediscovered. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
homesteady:

Don't be so dumb like our seasoned German pundit my friend. Aguero is still scoring goals because he is a proven striker not b'cos he has started running around the pitch.

Certain requirements aren't 'necessary'. No be today I begin dey see managers and their irrepresible urge to push players to the wall.

I don't know about you and most 'seasoned' pundits here, but I've played under many managers albeit on an amateur level and I know what a good manager want most in a player.

Every player has what you can easily put as 'current ability' and that, in simple terms, reflect how good he supposedly is now. It's that ability that indicates to a large extent how well he will perform. The player's current ability doesn't take into account all the factors that may affect his performance, good managers know this for a fact.

An improvement in an attribute considered less pivotal for a player's position will cost a player more of his current ability than an improvement in an attribute considered more pivotal.

Unless a forward developed with a boundless workrate, demanding that he gets to chase down defenders, is you inadvertently limiting his chances of scoring goals. This is possible because visible attributes and factors like aggression, energy, time and determination he channeled towards winning the ball diminishes before he finds himself in a shooting position.

Why haven't any manager complained about Messi's workrate or lack of aerial prowess? Those aren't necessary requirements because his current abilities outweighs those requirements.

Pep should direct his attention towards those attributes effectively weighted in favour of Aguero's position, that is what good managers do. Jose never discarded Drogba in 2004 when it turned out that the Ivorian can't even trap the ball well. He focused on his strengths and made him the most feared forward in England.

No be to dey come here dey yarn craps like Aguero's style is outdated and he needs to adapt to Pep's style and blah blah.

Only a foolish manager who is obsessed with a useless philosophy deems it right to bench a proven forward 'cos he can't maraude the whole pitch.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
^^LOL. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Griffon:

Only a foolish manager who is obsessed with a useless philosophy deems it right to bench a proven forward 'cos he can't maraude the whole pitch.
coupled with favoring a goalkeeper who 'passes better' over the one DAT is more assured of stopping d goals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
bykebyke:
^^LOL. grin

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Yet Mourinho chased away Chelsea 2 time player of the year away because he cant run and maraud the entire pitch

Maybe Mr Mourinho is pursuing some philosophy too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
FBS:
Lol. Ain't that a normal thing? Managers demanding more from their players? cheesy

Yeah right, Aguero just got rediscovered. undecided

Rediscovered mehn! cheesy

lekkie073:
coupled with favoring a goalkeeper who 'passes better' over the one DAT is more assured of stopping d goals

That is how useless one can become when he's drunk in a certain philosophy.

Sweet Jesus! What happened to pragmatism?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:
Yet Mourinho chased away Chelsea 2 time player of the year away because he cant run and maraud the entire pitch

Maybe Mr Mourinho is pursuing some philosophy too

Jose had to make that call, it was the only way to address the structural defect in our team then. He never wanted to sell Mata.

In the absence of a trusted defensive midfielder who would have provided our Ams with the freedom to play their game, every player on the pitch had to work hard for the team. We had to play to reject space, play to cover eachother's asss.

Mata was a victim of that decision and the more hardworking Oscar, the beneficiary, it had nothing to do with philosophy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
We mean Mourinho cannot tweak the team to accomodate a very productive midfielder who was Chelsea player of the season for 2yrs running.
He couldnt buy players to support a Proven performer (Are those not the same words used for Pep) but we expect Pep to tweak the team to accomodate a player who doesnt fit even if he is a proven performer

So Mourinho was right to pick a more hardworking and less productive midfielder

But when Guardiola tries to do the same, pick a more hardworking and possibly less productive striker

All hell is let lose

"Space rejection by Mourinho" is not a philosophy, "Offensive press by Pep" is the only philosophy

Some jokes write themselves

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Wetin person no go read on NL.

Anyways, a win for Leicester tonight. Thai Magic you say. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:
We mean Mourinho cannot tweak the team to accomodate a very productive midfielder who was Chelsea player of the season for 2yrs running.
He couldnt buy players to support a Proven performer (Are those not the same words used for Pep) but we expect Pep to tweak the team to accomodate a player who doesnt fit even if he is a proven performer

So Mourinho was right to pick a more hardworking and less productive midfielder

But when Guardiola tries to do the same, pick a more hardworking and possibly less productive striker

All hell is let lose

"Space rejection by Mourinho" is not a philosophy, "Offensive press by Pep" is the only philosophy

Some jokes write themselves

Let me gladly take the L on this one and accept that Jose is an idiot for treating a good player like Mata badly.

Let me not build more excuses for his decision, excuses that only go further to contradict what I believe in.

To the crux of the debate, were you high on skunk when you asserted that Aguero is finished?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, AlphaNugget(m), tshabalala and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.