Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10515048 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (19152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CONTEDDICTED: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

LMAO. So its now between 2ns to 6th not 1st to 2nd again

There are different kinds of competition

There are Title rivals, UCL ticket rivals, Europa ticket rivals and Relegation rivals

Gap between 15-20th(Relegation rivals)

EPL-5
LA liga-14
French -6
Bundesliga(13th-18th) - 12

Oya talk

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:13am On Feb 25, 2017
Lol cheesy When are we all just going to accept that the quality of gameplay in EPL is shite grin I mean, even the French teams are now performing much better than the EPL teams lipsrsealed Germany currently has 4 representatives in Bayern, Dortmund, schalke and moncheglabach with evidence of dominant and outstanding displays, likewise the Spanish teams via Madrid, Seville, celta vigo and ATM, the French has Lyon, PSG and Monaco, The Italians still 3 teams.

It's worth noting that all these teams put in very good performances and scored a lot of goals and those that were eliminated were edged slightly by teams from the very top leagues also. Now compare that to an acclaimed best league in the world, where a 'supposed' top team (arsenal) is constantly being raped year in year out. West Ham losing the qualification playoff to a much lower team, Southampton losing to hapeol beer sheva of Israel, the less said about Leicester, the better. Where another top team(tottenham) is being eliminated by a much lower ranked league team.

In as much as the EPL is the most popular and arguably the most competitive league, it must be said that the quality of play is poor as is reflected in Europe. Look at the head to head between English teams and Spanish teams in Europe and you see the utter dominance by the Spaniards. In truth, apart from 2004 --2010, the English teams have never dominated Europe the way the Spanish and Italians used to. Let's be honest with ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Dayo having a field day on this thread. Please we are not in Europe oh. Carry your sermon to Arsenal and Spurs thread. We are the choir. When Chelsea go to Europe, we represent 8 times out of 10. All 4 European cups are in our possession.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:57am On Feb 25, 2017
donjazet:
In truth, apart from 2004 --2010, the English teams have never dominated Europe the way the Spanish and Italians used to.

English teams dominated the 70s, 80s and 2000s. You are just a child of the 90s, that's all. English league has 5 different UCL winners. No other country has more than 3. In the last 11 years, England has 3 seperate winners. That is diversity and strength in depth.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Ibime:

English teams dominated the 70s, 80s and 2000s. You are just a child of the 90s, that's all. English league has 5 different UCL winners. No other country has more than 3. In the last 11 years, England has 3 seperate winners. That is diversity and strength in depth.

If you wanted to be objective, you would know that what you just replied didn't really counter my point but rather pointed my omission which has no bearing on the facts. I may have started watching football in the early 2000s but that doesn't impugn my ability or knowledge of football tongue.

Now unto the facts, I stated earlier that English teams have never really dominated Europe the way the Italians and Spanish have. Of which you pointed out that the English also had a little period of dominance but which can't be measured up to that of the earlier stated leagues.

The metric I am using as my measurement or standard of dominance is a UCL final appearance.
From its inception in 1955 to 1967, there was always a Spanish or Italian team in the final consecutively. Ajax then went on to dominate the next 5 years, although the final was against 3 Italian teams.

England would then go on to dominate for 10 years from 1975 --1985 with Celtic, Liverpool, Nottingham forest, Aston Villa,leeds and Manchester United all winning it on the first time of asking. The subsequent years will be overrun with the Italians and Spanish again dominating till mid 2000s and then the last 5 years.

In all, since the inception of the European cup, the Italians have made 26 finals, the Spanish 23 finals and then English teams have made 16 finals. You can see that this invalidates your claim that the English league is more diverse and has better strength in depth because you didn't take into account the other finalists.

England has produced 7 finalists(clubs) with 5 winning on the first time of asking. Of their 16 final appearances, the English teams have won 12 of them, the highest conversion rate of any league. Compare that with the Italians who have only 3 winners out of 8 finalists with juventus losing 6 finals and both Milan teams losing 9 finals coupled with sampodoria, Roma (2), fiorentina all losing theirs.

In Spain, ATM has lost 4 finals, Valencia 2 finals, Barça and Madrid losing a combined 5 although they have won a combined 16 finals.
Since the year 2000, the Spanish teams have won 25 European trophies to England's 7, this includes super cup.
Head to head between Spanish and English teams stands at 17 wins for the Spanish and 5 for English in that time frame . . That's dominance right there.
I have invested my time in a bid to prove my point. Peace bro

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2017
Ibime:

Yes sir! I can confirm that donjazets nappies were duly and forcefully changed by mr chelsea! The evidence is right in front of me!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Yes sir! I can confirm that donjazets nappies were duly and forcefully changed by mr chelsea! The evidence is right in front of me!

grin cheesy the thunder wey go fire you still dey do press up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:31am On Feb 25, 2017
donjazet:

grin cheesy the thunder wey go fire you still dey do press up.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12am On Feb 25, 2017
donjazet:

England would then go on to dominate for 10 years from 1975 --1985 with Celtic, Liverpool, Nottingham forest, Aston Villa,leeds and Manchester United all winning it on the first time of asking. The subsequent years will be overrun with the Italians and Spanish again dominating till mid 2000s and then the last 5 years.

Remember that English teams were banned from Europe for 5 years from the late 1980s to early 1990s due to the Heysel disaster. After the English teams returned, they had been left behind and it took till 1999 to win it again. In effect, England spent 13 years in the wilderness before getting back to their previous status - due to the expulsion. The Italian period of dominance in the 1990s should have belonged to the English if not for that expulsion.

If you take away first mover advantage of the 1950s and early 1960s when English FA refused their teams to join UCL (this is the period Real Madrid swept up 5 trophies) and take away 1986 to 1998 when England was serving suspension and then recovering from the suspension, then it is fair to say that England has beasted every other country in UCL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Twizzy30(m): 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
Make I play Chelsea for my Ticket today? Advice plss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
All dis one na just history lesson and a way of u guys trying to digress from the matter at hand while looking for consolation in the fact that the level of English football has dropped. The quality is just no longer there.

Make i no even use the big teams or UCL sef.....

It wasn't too long ago, Fulham and Middlesbrough were making Europa final vs Atletico and Sevilla respectively. And even Bolton was reaching the knockout stages.
In recent years, all three English teams ve gotten relegated, while only one is currently playing in the EPL languishing very close to the relegation zone.
Meanwhile, Atletico ve transformed into one of Spain and the UCL's top teams. With Sevilla currently looking to do the same.

Simple fact is English football is no longer what it used to be

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
Twizzy30:
see question......grin

you no trust Chelsea to come up top? tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
It won't cost anybody anything to admit that the EPL currently is shiiit! Simple!

it's not rocket science. it's the simple fact.

If we admit that the EPL is currently shiiit,so? what happens? Heaven won't fall......

Yes, Raumdeuter will laugh, up Barka fans will laugh, rivals from other leagues will laugh... so? will it remove anything from us to admit the clear, obvious truth? No!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Twizzy30(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
Danhumprey:
see question......grin

you no trust Chelsea to come up top? tongue
lol bruh I dey fear mk Blues no go Draw again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
This is me raumdeuter.

I have hijacked the account of donjazet, lana1 and danhumprey.

I don enter their mind like evil spirit dem dey confess
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
raumdeuter:
This is me raumdeuter.

Loooool.... it's not about confessing per se...... it's the simple truth that most of us EPL fans just won't admit for fear of being laughed at......grin

but no qualms. the EPL is shiiit right now, anybody that disagrees is simply denying the obvious truth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
Twizzy30:
lol bruh I dey fear mk Blues no go Draw again
O ye of little faith..... tongue

trust Hazard to put up a masterclass.....wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
raumdeuter:
This is me raumdeuter.

you forgot to add reporting live from...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
Twizzy30:

Chelsea is a useless team, don't do it .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
Danhumprey:
Loooool.... it's not about confessing per se...... it's the simple truth that most of us EPL fans just won't admit for fear of being laughed at......grin

but no qualms. the EPL is shiiit right now, anybody that disagrees is simply denying the obvious truth.

No worry, Next game week

Arsenal 90% certain to be thrown out

Leicester 70% chance, they might have had like a 50% chance if they didnt sack Ranieiri

Man City 45% chance.

So by quarter final there is a chance only one EPL team will be left
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
Football generally has suffered, that's why calamitous defenders like boathand, sule and co get rated elsewhere. Players like boathand in the era of nesta, staam, maldini and co will not be making the bench of any big team. Messi, ronaldo and few others have saved the sport. That's why when some people call busquets greatest dm ever, i feel like vomiting. The level generally has gone down. There's a reason Ancelotti was so confident of winning burnthisleaguedown easily. So it is not only epl thingy. This is me airmark, reporting live from munich. cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
Danhumprey:

Best League in the World...EPL

Most Competitive League in the World...EPL.

Most Deep Talent Pool in the World...EPL.

Fvck outta here with that gay shìt go and join up Barka.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
lordfalcao:
you forgot to add reporting live from...

No lacazette update today ni? You are even doing a better job at marketing him than his agent.... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
Blame Manyoo for EPL's recent poor showings in Europe.

The 2 constant ks when it comes to EPL participation in Europe have always been Chelsea and Manyoo. Arsenal were always there to sign register. Liverpool used to be the dark horse team but now city have stolen their slot.

Blame Manyoo. When the Ferguson era ended, the useless feckless nothern wänkers reverted to type and dropped out of top 4 to chase benefits.

Blame Manyoo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
Danhumprey:
It won't cost anybody anything to admit that the EPL currently is shiiit! Simple!

Follow the thread of the conversation please.

Donjazet said English league has always been shyte except 2004-2010.

Au contraire, normalising for the late 1950s and early 1960s when English clubs refused to join UCL and for 1986 to 1998 when English clubs were expelled from Europe for hooliganism and took their time to recover, English clubs have been the dominant force in UCL.

In other words, for the period that England have been actively competing in UCL, they have been the top dogs.

In the mid 1970s to 1980s before England was expelled, whoever they send to UCL wins it. If Liverpool couldn't qualify, Aston Villa would go and win it. Nottingham Forest twice won it when Liverpool couldn't qualify. Basically any team the English league puts forward will be champions before their expulsion from Europe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
Wingback:

Best League in the World...EPL

Most Competitive League in the World...EPL.

Most Deep Talent Pool in the World...EPL.

Fvck outta here with that gay shìt go and join up Barka.

I rarely respond to your comments, but let me just humor you and grant you some attention.....

alright kiddo, you been heard. and if that makes you sleep well at night, that's fine with me....... cool

now, run along.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
airmark:
Football generally has suffered, that's why calamitous defenders like boathand, sule and co get rated elsewhere. Players like boathand in the era of nesta, staam, maldini and co will not be making the bench of any big team. Messi, ronaldo and few others have saved the sport. That's why when some people call busquets greatest dm ever, i feel like vomiting. The level generally has gone down. There's a reason Ancelotti was so confident of winning burnthisleaguedown easily. So it is not only epl thingy. This is me airmark, reporting live from munich. cheesy
Lol..... you and Boateng/Busquet ehn......grin

Wetin them do you?

anyway, you and raumdeuter and your usual arguments are a match made in Heaven..... tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nihilist:
Blame Manyoo for EPL's recent poor showings in Europe.

The 2 constant ks when it comes to EPL participation in Europe have always been Chelsea and Manyoo. Arsenal were always there to sign register. Liverpool used to be the dark horse team but now city have stolen their slot.

Blame Manyoo. When the Ferguson era ended, the useless feckless nothern wänkers reverted to type and dropped out of top 4 to chase benefits.

Blame Manyoo.
Loooool...... you ehn! Your comments always have a way of making me to laugh....grin

But constantly blaming Man United for EPL's poor performances in Europe won't hold water for long....... are you telling me that without Man United in Europe, the other teams that don't fail to show their strength when playing Man United in the league, can't step up and really representing the EPL?

Haba!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ibime:

Au contraire, normalising for the late 1950s and early 1960s when English clubs refused to join UCL

Let me burst one lie quick quick

Ibime or anyone can you tell us what is called the Munich air disaster?
Which year did it occur?
Which team did it involve
Where were they coming from?

Nihilist, Afrodoc2, Any Manure fan pls, Anyone in the house
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ibime:

Au contraire, normalising for the late 1950s and early 1960s when English clubs refused to join UCL and for 1986 to 1998 when English clubs were expelled from Europe for hooliganism and took their time to recover, English clubs have been the dominant force in UCL.

In other words, for the period that England have been actively competing in UCL, they have been the top dogs.

In the mid 1970s to 1980s before England was expelled, whoever they send to UCL wins it. If Liverpool couldn't qualify, Aston Villa would go and win it. Nottingham Forest twice won it when Liverpool couldn't qualify. Basically any team the English league puts forward will be champions before their expulsion from Europe.
Ibime my nigga, I get your point.....

yes English teams have been dominant at some point in the past when playing in Europe..... you are always assured that an English team will win the Champions League or atleast make the final... no doubt about that. no argument........ Hell, even raumdeuter no matter how mad he may be, won't argue this truth.

the main thing is CURRENT form. let's leave the past aside and face the present ..... the reality is that the English league is currently shiiit......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
EPL teams are a big disgrace for real....it's annoying jare, how would Arsenal FC get raped brutally like that,(Bayern has been playing under 2.5 goals recently until they met those iddiots) imagine Spurs that will be doing gra gra against Chelsea, City and co losing to that useless unknown team.

EPL teams are too useless in Europe, bar maybe Chelsea. (this isn't because I am a Chelsea fan.)

I just hope Citee, Man utd and Chelsea can all qualify for the UCL next season, I still trust these teams.

ARSENAL, SPURS, POOL are all useless.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
Danhumprey:
Ibime my nigga, I get your point.....

yes English teams have been dominant at some point in the past when playing in Europe..... you are always assured that an English team will win the Champions League or atleast make the final... no doubt about that. no argument........ Hell, even raumdeuter no matter how mad he may be, won't argue this truth.

the main thing is CURRENT form. let's leave the past aside and face the present ..... the reality is that the English league is currently shiiit......

Before you get ibimes point can you answer my short questions above you.

Ibime said EPL teams refused to join UCL in late to early 60's

We are trying to test the validity of that statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (19152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, timbros(m), GiftOfLyf, SirAce and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.