Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512763 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

E fit be CAF champions league cos shey no be that year Eyimba win?

Me I remember Anelka well cos na him goals eliminate Bayern for the CL semi that year but final? The final Morientes McManaman and Raul scored?

See this apari. You bolted yesterday when called to defend your line, now you are in agbada waiting for ibime. Mr. Aguero like you cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

cheesy

Thats what most of us remember him for. I dont think he played more than 20 matches for us. You must remember del horno too.

Guy I dey tell you. I dey suspect say Boulahrouz had some steroids shots and few tramadol pills before stepping into the pitch that day. After the highness clear that night, Dinho reminded him how much he missed home in the return fixture.

Del Horno? Just a season and he was gone. The Lionel Messi's incident is the only memorable thing i remember about him, oh and his goal against spurs that year.

But you don't blame these lot for their lack of longevity at Chelsea. They were unfortunate enough to be here when we had a manager who identified his 'untouchables'.

If you weren't part of the 'untouchables', then you can leave after two games. No one gives a flying fucck cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:03pm On May 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

E fit be CAF champions league cos shey no be that year Eyimba win?

Me I remember Anelka well cos na him goals eliminate Bayern for the CL semi that year but final? The final Morientes McManaman and Raul scored?

I remember that year well too, they beat us in the quarter finals. Redondo played out of his socks that year, possibly the best CM performance in UCL in the last 20years by a player not named Xavi.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

Where did the bold happen and what was the scores of that game you are referring to?

Off the top of the dome. It done tey.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:17pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

Anelka at 19 in his first season at arsenal played 26 league matches and scored just 6 goals. They are worlds apart at 18 years bro.

Anelka turned 19 in late March so safe to say he scored most of his 19 goals at 19. In other words, they are in similar age bracket give or take.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2017
Ibime:

Anelka turned 19 in late March so safe to say he scored most of his 19 goals at 19. In other words, they are in similar age bracket give or take.

Dont muddle things up bro. Anelka clocked 18 years in march 1997, while Mbappe hit 18 in december 2016. If we want to compare these guys at 18, it will be anelka of 1997/1998 season vs Mbappe of 2016/2017 (we even conceded 2 months to anelka i.e april/may 1998 he was 19, while from september 2016 to december 2016, mbappe was 17 years) .

We will have Anelka ( 6 goals in 26 matches in 1997/1998 season) vs Mbappe (14 goals in 26 matches in 2016/2017).

Without even touching his numbers against man city, dortmund and juve. Anelka was not better than kelechi at 18.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

Dont muddle things up bro. Anelka clocked 18 years in march 1997, while Mbappe hit 18 in december 2016. If we want to compare these guys at 18, it will be anelka of 1997/1998 season vs Mbappe of 2016/2017 (we even conceded 2 months to anelka i.e april/may 1998 he was 19, while from september 2016 to december 2016, mbappe was 17 years) .

We will have Anelka ( 6 goals in 26 matches in 1997/1998 season) vs Mbappe (14 goals in 26 matches in 2016/2017).

Without even touching his numbers against man city, dortmund and juve. Anelka was not better than kelechi at 18.

No need getting too pedantic. I am not stuck on the number 18.

Why I called Anelka is because it is in my memory that he was burning down EPL as a teenager. So in 1998/99 season, Anelka was 19 and burning up EPL. He only turned 20 toward the end of the season.

Mbappe was 17 at start of this season but only scored 3 league goals before his 18th birthday.

So in essence, we are comparing Mbappe burning up Ligue1 at 18 to Anelka burning up EPL at 19. It's a valid comparison, no? I could have picked Michael Owen at 17, it doesn't matter.

In essence, what I am saying is I don't feel comfortable breaking transfer record for a teenager in his first season. He could be as good as Anelka, or might be as good as Ronaldo Lima or maybe a Michael Owen. Even Ronaldo Lima was given time to show working at PSV before he started breaking transfer records. One more season would provide more comfort.

And who said Kelechi is 18 sef? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2017
Goals scored:

Chelsea 75
Tottenham 71
Liverpool 71
Man City 70
Man Utd 51
Arsenal 66

I love our defensive approach..

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2017
*THESE ARE THE TEAMS THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TOWARDS CHELSEA MARCH TO THE PROMISED LAND*

1. M'boro - 6 pnts
2. Soton - 6 pnts
3. Everton - 6 pnts
4. Man City - 6 pnts
5. Hull city - 6 pnts
6. Westham - 6 pnts
7. Bournemouth - 6 pnts
8. Stoke city - 6 pnts
9. Leicester city - 6 pnts
10. Burnley - 4 pnts
11. Swansea city - 4 pnts
12. Manchester utd - 3 pnts
13. Arsenal - 3 pnts
14. Totenham hotspurs - 3pnts
15. West Brom 3 pnts
16. Watford - 3 pnts
17. Crystal Palace - 3 pnts
18. Sunderland - 3 pnts
19. Liverpool - 1 point

*Still Owing Us*
Westbrom - 3 pnts
Watford - 3 pnts
Sunderland - 3 pnts

To all those who contributed, all of us @ Chelsea we say thank you.
grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:30pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

See this apari. You bolted yesterday when called to defend your line, now you are in agbada waiting for ibime. Mr. Aguero like you cheesy

Defend which line?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

Anelka joined arsenal 1 month to his 18th birthday, with just 1 league goal and no european goal in his boots. That 500k was even too much for him. Taye taiwo was bought 100k by marseille in 2005. grin I dont know how anelka at 18 was of same quality with mbappe who has 14 league and 6 ucl goals now. Anelka at 19 in his first season at arsenal played 26 league matches and scored just 6 goals. They are worlds apart at 18 years bro. Everything in life is a risk, we bought an epl-tested torres for 50m and most of us are not satisfied with what he delivered. Shevy is also another flop, a ucl winner, best striker then. Most of us have forgotten kezman, belharouz, zhirkhov, cos they all flopped despite not showing anything close to what this youngie is showing before they were bought. Eduardo was bought by arsenal and got crippled. So Mbappe's will not be the first and the last risk. When barca was bombarding messi with artificial growth hormones, they had the foresight. Thats why i will even prefer he develops under a frenchman, zidane, who can communicate and nurture him well. Marcelo who replaced carlos 10 years ago, has grown to serve madrid like no other foreign defender did. Mbappe, under a good ex-footballer/coach will blossom.
Risks are always calculated before being taken in business. In this case, for £80m, the risk is not worth taking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2017
Morata reportedly turns down China offer because he wants to play for Conte

I really like the guy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2017
Branzy:
Goals scored:

Chelsea 75
Tottenham 71
Liverpool 71
Man City 70
Man Utd 51
Arsenal 66

I love our defensive approach..
Lol.. .Wenger and Mourinho for two very different reasons don't believe you can play very good football and still be great defensively

They have been left behind.. ..It's no coincidence they are 6th and 5th

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2017
Ibime:

No need getting too pedantic. I am not stuck on the number 18.

Why I called Anelka is because it is in my memory that he was burning down EPL as a teenager. So in 1998/99 season, Anelka was 19 and burning up EPL. He only turned 20 toward the end of the season.

Mbappe was 17 at start of this season but only scored 3 league goals before his 18th birthday.

So in essence, we are comparing Mbappe burning up Ligue1 at 18 to Anelka burning up EPL at 19. It's a valid comparison, no? I could have picked Michael Owen at 17, it doesn't matter.

In essence, what I am saying is I don't feel comfortable breaking transfer record for a teenager in his first season. He could be as good as Anelka, or might be as good as Ronaldo Lima or maybe a Michael Owen. Even Ronaldo Lima was given time to show working at PSV before he started breaking transfer records. One more season would provide more comfort.

I took you on because you specifically mentioned 18 years, and Anelka was a nobody at that age compared to mbappe. Anelka joined madrid with just 1 ucl goal in 5 matches, against a greek team. If mbappe could justify himself against juve, dortmund and pep fraudiola's city , its a risk worth taking. Just like almost every of madrid's heavy signings, it must be criticised. Kelechi by law is 18, every other info must be jettisoned. grin

Greatihex:
Risks are always calculated before being taken in business. In this case, for £80m, the risk is not worth taking.

Like we left an eredivise suarez and bought an epl-tested torres, calculated risk indeed. Any reliable striker now with solid ucl performance, will not cost less than 50m. How much did we waste on batshuayi that never had ucl experience? In two years time great strikers will be bought with 150m.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2017
Ibime:

Hehehe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2017
bigkesh:
Morata reportedly turns down China offer because he wants to play for Conte

I really like the guy

I learnt chelsea's board is not convinced, but conte is pressing for 65m to be splashed on him. If it happens, zidane will happily buy mbappe even if it's 100m. Conte needs to watch 90 minutes of all morata's matches this season and not goal highlights. Next season is a long hike, everyone wants to beat the champions, morata wont be spared.

raumdeuter:

Defend which line?

Aguero playing less than 10 matches as a lone striker for city.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2017
Branzy:
*THESE ARE THE TEAMS THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TOWARDS CHELSEA MARCH TO THE PROMISED LAND*

1. M'boro - 6 pnts
2. Soton - 6 pnts
3. Everton - 6 pnts
4. Man City - 6 pnts
5. Hull city - 6 pnts
6. Westham - 6 pnts
7. Bournemouth - 6 pnts
8. Stoke city - 6 pnts
10. Burnley - 4 pnts
13. Arsenal - 3 pnts
15. West Brom 3 pnts
16. Watford - 3 pnts
18. Sunderland - 3 pnts
19. Liverpool - 1 point

*Still Owing Us*
Westbrom - 3 pnts
Watford - 3 pnts
Sunderland - 3 pnts

grin

Stingy Liverpool, they are just that way, even in the modafvking transfer market angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

I learnt chelsea's board is not convinced, but conte is pressing for 65m to be splashed on him. If it happens, zidane will happily buy mbappe even if it's 100m. Conte needs to watch 90 minutes of all morata's matches this season and not goal highlights. Next season is a long hike, everyone wants to beat the champions, morata wont be spared.

I trust Conte's wits more. He also has a pedigree for bringing out the best in seemingly average players.
From what I read from Morata, he is ready to run through a brick wall for Conte and it seems Conte loves him back. You cannot buy this.

Although he is not first my choice, Mbappe is. What is most important is that Conte doesn't want Lukaku.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

I remember that year well too, they beat us in the quarter finals. Redondo played out of his socks that year, possibly the best CM performance in UCL in the last 20years by a player not named Xavi.
You forget Guti?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 5:51pm On May 10, 2017
airmark:

If Mbape had been playing in the EPL would he still make it?

As far as I am concerned, he is not better than Rashford. It all has to do with the league demands + the manager's confidence.

Jardim allowed Mbappe to flourish even when Falcao became fit.

Anelka with the standard of 97/98 was as good as Mbappe is today.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:30pm On May 10, 2017
Spy360:

You forget Guti?

Guti was good and quite versatile but not Redondo's class. El Principe at his best was special.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:03pm On May 10, 2017
nateevs:

I trust Conte's wits more. He also has a pedigree for bringing out the best in seemingly average players.
From what I read from Morata, he is ready to run through a brick wall for Conte and it seems Conte loves him back. You cannot buy this.

Although he is not first my choice, Mbappe is. What is most important is that Conte doesn't want Lukaku.

Winning ucl is what appeals to me. When hazard and co are out of form, marked out or injured, we need a striker who can carry the burden and deliver. This drogba did, costa did before his recent madness. I just hope conte wont make himself a laughing stock in europe again, with his buys.

Spy360:

If Mbape had been playing in the EPL would he still make it?

As far as I am concerned, he is not better than Rashford. It all has to do with the league demands + the manager's confidence.

Jardim allowed Mbappe to flourish even when Falcao became fit.

Anelka with the standard of 97/98 was as good as Mbappe is today.

Rashford for life. A player that is more of a super sub than a full time player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:29pm On May 10, 2017
That is why Madrid plays Benzema
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:30pm On May 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

Innit?

That move though...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:30pm On May 10, 2017
^^^^

Biaaa.... Egbon Raumdeuter wetin happen?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2017
raumdeuter:

Morata doesn't have that heart yet. He can be easily bullied. Benzema is still a fool sha . grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On May 10, 2017
diggz:
^^^^

Biaaa.... Egbon Ramdeuter wetin happen?

Happen to who?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2017
afrodoc2:

Guti was good and quite versatile but not Redondo's class. El Principe at his best was special.
Redondo?

Hahaha.

I think Guti was better, especially after Redondo left. Guti was inborn galatico.

Redondo sha, that nutmeg for Raul's goal vs Man Utd was classic.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:45pm On May 10, 2017
Spy360:

Redondo?

Hahaha.

I think Guti was better, especially after Redondo left. Guti was inborn galatico.

Redondo sha, that nutmeg for Raul's goal vs Man Utd was classic.

You are wrong. You have a right to be wrong though.

If we are talking about great and dominant CM performances in a UCL season and we mention Xavi, Redondo, Effenberg e.t.c nobody will mention Guti.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2017
Guti greater than Redondo...Not in this lifetime or the next.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 10, 2017
Branzy:

1. M'boro - 6 pnts
2. Soton - 6 pnts
3. Everton - 6 pnts
4. Man City - 6 pnts
5. Hull city - 6 pnts
6. Westham - 6 pnts
7. Bournemouth - 6 pnts
8. Stoke city - 6 pnts
10. Burnley - 4 pnts
13. Arsenal - 3 pnts
15. West Brom 3 pnts
16. Watford - 3 pnts
18. Sunderland - 3 pnts
19. Liverpool - 1 point

*Still Owing Us*
Westbrom - 3 pnts
Watford - 3 pnts
Sunderland - 3 pnts

grin
liverpool, stingy reds.

They donated only 1 point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:05pm On May 10, 2017
chic2pimp:
Guti greater than Redondo...Not in this lifetime or the next.

Lol. I just weak for the guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yustash001(m), Ibime(m), Elnino4ladies and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.