Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,313 members, 7,853,454 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10704617 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) ... (19361) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2017
Skimpledawg:

How the match take concern you? undecided

Recognize a bet9ja student when you see one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2017
My fear is that Rudiger isn't too comfortable playing as LCB.

I'm not sure if Luiz will play as the sweeper or as a DM. Either ways, Christensen is starting, it could be as a DM or as the Sweeper.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:
Honestly, I expected Conte to switch to a highly structured 3-5-2 formation this season, with Kante, Matic and Fabregas having their roles distributed evenly among a destroyer, a supporting passer, and a creator.

This configuration could have seen us address lingering issues like being at numerical disadvantage when up against a well drilled side, lacking creativity from deep and being dominate.

A shot at that with Kante, Bakayoko and Fabregas, with Hazard and Morata up front won't be bad either.

Our squad isn't good enough for 3-5-2.

You can't take away Pedro's goals just like that,we are not sure whether Morata will score 20 league goals...Will hazard score 20?
Fabregas? Kante?? How many goals can they get between them

Our wingbacks aren't good for 3-5-2 either, 3-5-2 means they are the only one on the wings and won't get much support from Hazard and Pedro like 3-4-3,you really think Alonso and Moses can do the job attacking and defending at top speed??

For me,Kante is a DM,anything else is being too defensive especially when you are playing 3 at the back..... He is our Casemiro

Kante is the destroyer
Fabregas is the passer
We need a Lampard to play 3-5-2 successfully
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:33am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

What are the club looking to achieve with all this shemozzle?

Make them sell the tout and focus on other pressing issues na.

Na that £75m from China still dey pain them. They have already sold Costa for that amount in their minds.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:
I don't know how Jese didn't work out at PSG. I once touted him for our 3rd striker/3rd winger position. I'm sure anyone coulda bought him for £20m this summer which is the same price PSG paid 12 months ago.
that jese guy is not serious..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:
Atleti ready to bid £41m plus £9m add-ons for Costa but Chelsea asking for £60m. Nna, let's not get too greedy here, that amount is enough.
mehn.. If the deal happen, we gained wella
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:
Honestly, I expected Conte to switch to a highly structured 3-5-2 formation this season, with Kante, Matic and Fabregas having their roles distributed evenly among a destroyer, a supporting passer, and a creator.

This configuration could have seen us address lingering issues like being at numerical disadvantage when up against a well drilled side, lacking creativity from deep and being dominate.

A shot at that with Kante, Bakayoko and Fabregas, with Hazard and Morata up front won't be bad either.
that will be scrapping willian and Pedro. Not good to me though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:

Na that £75m from China still dey pain them. They have already sold Costa for that amount in their minds.

Time to move on and get rid of that fool who has caused enough tension.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2017
CapitalCee:
Tomorrow's game

Chelsea 1(Alonso) Burnley 2 (Rudiger own goal, Jeff Hendrick)
you saw it here first.

Yes after last week's prediction, I only missed out on the correct scoreline but it was spot on, on who will be the victors.

Well on today's match. Although Spurs and City will be Man United's major title rivals, I would have loved for Chelsea to take points off Spurs, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. It will be an easy victory for spurs, with a Chelsea player being sent off.

Spurs 2 (Alli, Eriksson) Chelsea 0.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2017
Prodigy4rii:
My fear is that Rudiger isn't too comfortable playing as LCB.

I'm not sure if Luiz will play as the sweeper or as a DM. Either ways, Christensen is starting, it could be as a DM or as the Sweeper.

You are right about rudiger however I think he was solid against Burnley playing in Cahill's position.

He may surprise me especially tho. bcuz I vehemently criticized him after watching him play once or twice.

I hope he he takes Cahill's position or Chris takes it.

I am thinking Azpi and Chris will flank rudiger against spurs while Luiz will play beside kante.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2017
Awon N100 bet9ja ti dey o! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SetrakusRa(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Chelseafan1:

If these screenshots do not answer your questions, then your case is not ordinary. I was having a clean convo with that guy b4 u jumped in with a totally irrelevant reply. We were clearly talking about what they did for their respective new teams not their previous teams.

He was like Pogba wasn't really signed to score goals and I can remember some of pple cursing him and wondering why ur club paid 89m for him, so, I decided to ask sekratus what exactly he was signed to do since it's not really goals. Na u enter convo with his irrevancies.

you've choosen not to understand what larride's been giving you all day. I'm sure you want me to say we bought Pogba to win the EPL right? Can you list just one player that'll guarantee a team the EPL title regardless of price?

You're creating a new argument to benefit yourself. I could do that and say we bought Pogba to win the Europa league title. That means, you guys bought Rudigér and Bakayoko to retain the EPL, no?

So yes, we broke the tranfer record for a young CM that's won 4 consecutive Serie A titles, UCL Finalist, FIFA World XI (featuring the likes of Iniesta and Modric). Yes, that's what you break a transfer record for. Every player who once broke that record has done something spectacular in Europe. Little wonder Kunta Kinte cost just £30M. I mean, you don't pay £30M for one of the hottest players around that Barca, RM and PSG all want to get, you break the damn transfer record for that.

If you can't understand this or choose not to, that's not my problem.

BTW, its not Pogba vs Kante, we just outlining the "all round contribution" of two black french midfielders.

Pogba: 2goals 2assists - Kante: all round contribution; zero, zilch, nada, nothing, etc..

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2017
bigkesh:

You can't take away Pedro's goals just like that,we are not sure whether Morata will score 20 league goals...Will hazard score 20?

Our wingbacks aren't good for 3-5-2 either, 3-5-2 means they are the only one on the wings and won't get much support from Hazard and Pedro like 3-4-3,you really think Alonso and Moses can do the job attacking and defending at top speed??

For me,Kante is a DM,anything else is being too defensive especially when you are playing 3 at the back..... He is our Casemiro

Kante is the destroyer
Fabregas is the passer

Our current squad is good enough for a 3-5-2.

Pedro was scoring freely because after the wing-backs, the wingers have more important roles to play in a 3-4-3. Shift the attention to the two forwards in a 3-5-2 and watch the goals come. On the attack it can resemble a lopsided 3-3-4. That's four men coming at you, with a solid base behind them just in case things go awry.

Yeah the wing-backs are required to put in a titanic shift each game to ensure their team don't end up playing a narrow, fruitless game. I can trust Moses with that, Alonso could be our only worry though, just like he is in the current setup.

However, the beauty of this formation is having three in the middle though. If I were in charge, I will give Fabregas the regista role - to be a deep-lying playmaker, with two prototypical central midfield destroyers (Kante and Bakayoko) playing ahead of him.

Too much sauce, too much juice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2017
SetrakusRa:
Can you list just one player that'll guarantee a team the EPL title regardless of price?

N'golo Kante. Two EPL titles with two different teams in two seasons.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SetrakusRa(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

yea right, that means you'll keep winning that title so long he's still part of the team?

but your comrade said he was bought to fix your midfield, not to win the EPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2017
We should revert to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. This 3 at the back formation has lasted long enough.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:28am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

Mark Schwarzer. Two EPL titles with two different teams in two seasons (Chelsea '14/15, Leicester '15/16).

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2017
bigkesh:

You can't take away Pedro's goals just like that, we are not sure whether Morata will score 20 league goals. ..Will hazard score 20?

Kante is the destroyer
Fabregas is the passer

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2017
SetrakusRa:

Pogba: 2goals 2assists - Kante: all round contribution; zero, zilch, nada, nothing, etc..

Should we now fry plantain with this or what exactly.

About ur lengthy write up, I'm glad u know what my question was about, whichever way u chose to twist is none of my business.

You are here shouting goals and assists for a midfielder, 2moro,u will come here to tell us he was not signed to score goals and assists.

We at Chelsea didn't buy Kante for his goals and assists, if he scores, it's a plus, what we got him for, he's already doing.

Don't come here and bore us with ur senseless rants about Pogba.

Quit telling me about why he cost ur club 89m, I know all these already, atop telling me what I didn't ask you.

Pogba was so good last season Mourinho had to fork out another 40m for a midfielder, only ur Maga of a club will buy a midfielder for 89m when there are cheaper midfielders that will do better than him and cost far less.

That is my point, pay attention.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2017
So after splashing 70m on an striker, you aren't sure he will score 20 league goals but you belive you weren't magad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2017
diggz:

You are right about rudiger however I think he was solid against Burnley playing in Cahill's position.

He may surprise me especially tho. bcuz I vehemently criticized him after watching him play once or twice.

I hope he he takes Cahill's position or Chris takes it.

I am thinking Azpi and Chris will flank rudiger against spurs while Luiz will play beside kante.

you can't compare burnley and Tott. Attack-wise. Too bad we don't have a left footed CB (Alonsa bin dey play LCB for fiorentina that year)

From Conte's comments on friday, ei b like say na defence Luiz go play. Na Christensen me dey see for DM.

Conte'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2017
Dhellake:
We should revert to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. This 3 at the back formation has lasted long enough.
I support 4231

----------------Courtois-------------

Cesar - Luiz - cahill - Alonso

---------Bakayoko ----------------kante

----Willian ------------fabregas ---------- hazard

- --------------------Morata ------------

Subs
Batshuayi
Christeean
Moses
Pedro
Boga
Rudiger
Misunda
We have more subs like that which will be good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2017
Leyqute:

Mark Schwarzer. Two EPL titles with two different teams in two seasons (Chelsea '14/15, Leicester '15/16).

Humor me some more.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Prodigy4rii:

you can't compare burnley and Tott. Attack-wise. Too bad we don't have a left footed CB (Alonsa bin dey play LCB for fiorentina that year)

From Conte's comments on friday, ei b like say na defence Luiz go play. Na Christensen me dey see for DM.

Conte'

Ok...that won't be bad also. Make we dey look sha....we do stand a chance in this game. I expect us to utilize spurs right flank cuz of the young defender there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

Seriously?? You trolling yourself or what, because me I'm not understanding.

Kindly outline how Kante 'singlehandedly' won his 2 EPL with Leicester and Chelsea.

We are waiting!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2017
You call yourself a student and you dont understand what 'sure' means.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:

Humor me some more.

You're a funny guy.

Forget what I posted about Mark. No player can guarantee title success, football is a team sport.

Would Arsenal have won the EPL if Arsene Wenjah signed your Pangolo Kante last season?

Answers on a post card.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2017
larride:

Seriously?? You trolling yourself or what, because me I'm not understanding.

Kindly outline how Kante 'singlehandedly' won his 2 EPL with Leicester and Chelsea.

We are waiting!!!

There are many comedians on this thread and Griffon is the king of the clowns.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2017
PietroRico:
So after splashing 70m on an striker, you aren't sure he will score 20 league goals but you belive you weren't magad

U don join dem dey inflate Morufat price abi? We paid 58mil pounds bros. add-ons still never enter yet Bros.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2017
CapitalCee:

Yes after last week's prediction, I only missed out on the correct scoreline but it was spot on, on who will be the victors.

Well on today's match. Although Spurs and City will be Man United's major title rivals, I would have loved for Chelsea to take points off Spurs, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. It will be an easy victory for spurs, with a Chelsea player being sent off.

Spurs 2 (Alli, Eriksson) Chelsea 0.
I see Chelsea going home with atleast a point. There bench is the major concern.

But if spurs win, then it's party time here. There will be enough food to go round. Food will be served to the Skimpledawg first.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2017
Leyqute:

lol I don't remember Schwarzer playing any league game for us and I don't think he did for Leicester.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2017
Leyqute:

There are many comedians on this thread and Griffon is the king of the clowns.

Nah, I don't think so, I think he's just trying to be funny. Trust me Griffon can't possibly believe what he wrote up there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) ... (19361) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Griffon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.