Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,358 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10637547 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) ... (19287) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Twizzy30(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Exactly. Chelsea should ve gone 2 goals up.
hardeycute:
denied Morata a goal there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mentions:
They were setting canopy
We decide when the party happens, and today is not the day.
This your signature sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
d problem I see with morata is DAT he is not a team player..... he can't hustle for balls.....I think conte needs to work on moratas team support....he needs to work more in d midfield......overall when hazard comes back I think morata will be a 'god'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Webley curse;
Wembly is a curse for totteham. They will really struggle there this season.

First home game at wembley = loss

It's now eight defeats, one draw and one win for Tottenham in their last 10 games at
Wembley.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
Anyone noticed alonso freekicks always same pattern?

And it either scores or hit the bar?

He is like a devil or something.
he has only ballooned it once against arsenal in the fa Cup final. He is a wonderful free kick taker. I have been observing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mentions: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
macjireh:
d problem I see with morata is DAT he is not a team player..... he can't hustle for balls.....I think conte needs to work on moratas team support......overall when hazard comes back I think morata will be a 'god'
Trust hazard to make the way.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
CapitalCee:

It won't , 2-0 Spurs. Alli and Eriksson to be on the score sheet

Idiot.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
eph12:

Yeah Wanyama was already tired and should have been subbed.

Something Jose did very often last season.

What is your point?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Bimffo:

Idiot.
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
chelseabmw:

Buh the fools here wouldn't understand.... They are always quick to criticize....

Oga if you want to send a mail.... please do.! stop hiding behind the word phools while throwing subtle shades everywhere. Please name names and shame the devil.
Cobham express service will help you deliver your mails to the right address so far there is a name on the mail. Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Greatihex:
he has only ballooned it once against arsenal in the fa Cup final. He is a wonderful free kick taker. I have been observing.
must have missed that game.

Is it the friendly?

I don't know why no one is hyping those freekicks yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
They said Batman was better than Martial smh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Bimffo:

Idiot.

N100 to win N1mil on bet9ja ti Jo... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Leyqute:

What is your point?
My point is that we used that tactic to our advantage last season too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
diggz:

Oga if you want to send a mail.... please do.! stop hiding behind the word phools while throwing subtle shades everywhere. Please name names and shame the devil.
Cobham express service will help you deliver your mails to the right address so far there is a name on the mail. Thank you sir.
Oga chelseabmw just dey rake upandan... grin

Me self dey wait for names so that the mail go reach the rightful owner. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chelsea players scored three goals, though one at the wrong end, and so it ends 2-1, good guys at Wembley.

Things were looking good for most of the game, then Batshuayi’s unfortunate header from a cheap free kick leveled proceedings — given the fouls that were let go or were only punished by yellow, that was a ridiculous decision by Anthony Taylor — but Marcos Alonso did his best Wayne Bridge v. Arsenal impression and won the game for Chelsea.

Back in a suit, back on the winning track.

First time in his Chelsea career, Conte does not use all three of his subs.

Gary Cahill would’ve been sent off for challenges by Dier, Vertonghen.

1-1 on posts, with Willian’s strike matching Kane’s.

How good is Harry Kane? Scary.

Imagine how an early Morata goal changes the game. Another good chance went begging on the counter when he tried to work it onto his right instead of just smashing it with his left. Worked hard all game however, and at least twice he was ignored when in glorious space behind the line.

Marcos Alonso deadly from that spot. His seventh league goal since signing a year ago. Not bad for a defender. And then to get the winner, too! Eight league goals!

Trial by fire for Christensen. Bakayoko goes the full 90 after just a week of training. Great effort.

Excellent defending on Spurs’ seemingly endless corners.

Welcome back, David Luiz, midfielder.

Chelsea still haven’t lost to Spurs at Wembley since the 2008 League Cup final.

Next up: Everton at home, then the international break

Carefree.

KTBFFH!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by imarrpopson: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
Alonso already putting those who told us Kennedy is 3x the left back he is to shame.

Bakayoko didn't do poorly in this game, make Una shove down Una criticism..

Christensen and rudiger looking very solid like they have been playing in the EPL for long..

Lastly rudiger is looking like he will be putting his critics to shame...
Why do I feel like you watched a different game.
Bakayoko didn't perform well but can be excused due to fitness level.

Rudiger and Christensen did perform well but were ran over by Kane and co a number of times.

Alonso's performance was excellent. He just needs to work on his defensive prowess.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
macjireh:
d problem I see with morata is DAT he is not a team player..... he can't hustle for balls.....I think conte needs to work on moratas team support....he needs to work more in d midfield......overall when hazard comes back I think morata will be a 'god'
He should work more in the midfield? Mehn you guys are funny

Morata - ran channels, defended, made a nuisance of himself, ran at defenders, but idiots will say he is shit because he didn't score

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mr Airmark, I am still waiting for you to bend the knees for Rudiger.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Skimpledawg:

That Niqqa na agric fowl o. Wished I can get that gif where he was jogging close to a Tottham defender instead of putting pressure on him..

Na fvck mehn undecided

Zidane was not a fool. He played football at top level for over 20 years and got the experience you can't buy on nairaland technology market. He had his reasons for using him sparingly. Against tougher teams in epl, use morata in 2nd half ffs, if we want to benefit from him.

Most guys here didnt follow his games in madrid, they thought i was just hating on him. I want the best for chelsea, sometimes i wonder if they are not even chelsea fans, when they can't see things showing brightly before them.

What would have happened if alonso didn't score those two goals and batshuayi did what he did? Enough pressure on the team. Conte had already told the world how we ended up signing a fantastic striker for future. I hope we get another striker asap.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dumininu01(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mehn we dey defend grin grin... If we had hazard, pedro and fabregas in d game... We go don finish Tottenham since... Bakayoko will improve,he was decent... Kante always impressive, rudiger and Christensen impressed me.. Luiz did well, Morata was decent buh he can do better, Alonso my man of d match was really superb even defensively...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dumininu01(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Buh would love to c dembele play for Chelsea.. . Dah guy is a beast grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
airmark:

Zidane was not a fool. He played football at top level for over 20 years and got the experience you can't buy on nairaland technology market. He had his reasons for using him sparingly. Against tougher teams in epl, use morata in 2nd half ffs, if we want to benefit from him.

Most guys here didnt follow his games in madrid, they thought i was just hating on him. I want the best for chelsea, sometimes i wonder if they are not even chelsea fans, when they can't see things showing brightly before them.

What would have happened if alonso didn't score those two goals and batshuayi did what he did? Enough pressure on the team. Conte had already told the world how we ended up signing a fantastic striker for future. I hope we get another striker asap.

Just take an L.

Your squad quality is low,do you expect him to bench Benzema or Ronaldo?

James sef dey chop bench

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
eph12:

My point is that we used that tactic to our advantage last season too

No arguments there. It's always a good tactic to defend heavily if you have a few players who can hurt the opponent when they get the ball. It could backfire at times though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
airmark:

Yes he was good in nodding the ball out of danger. He nodded the ball out of goal in spurs' box and our box. Chelsea is blessed with good defenders, great addition to our backline.
What do you expect If you should add Cr7 or messi to your squad nothing would manifest.Take a look at the midfielders

Goal poacher not a playmaker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
imarrpopson:

Why do I feel like you watched a different game.
Bakayoko didn't perform well but can be excused due to fitness level.

Rudiger and Christensen did perform well but were ran over by Kane and co a number of times.

Alonso's performance was excellent. He just needs to work on his defensive prowess.
you just ended up complimenting what I said in your own level of understanding...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Even Thibaut Courtois completed more passes than Bakayoko, and some are telling us not to worry. I am worried oh. Even if na Danny Drinkbleach sef, make dem go buy am.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Griffon:
Mr Airmark, I am still waiting for you to bend the knees for Rudiger.
grin grin better one o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
chelseabmw:
Hope some of you Mr know it all realize that bakayoko is playing out of his natural position & this is his first game

You all should relax n give this dude a break

First competitive game
Nor mind my people, na so dem take finish matic here, wen we sell d guy, dem begin hala, send bakayoko now on loan and see how dey will start analyzing his play as d best
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
hardeycute:
Just take an L.

Your squad quality is low,do you expect him to bench Benzema or Ronaldo?

James sef dey chop bench
As in I tire... The sooner we blame Morata the better for him..
So I will buy player for 75m and make him enter for second half?
Who will play first half
Batshuayi?

He should have given us a lead with that Cesar cross, how he missed it is still unknown to me
The point is he can do more than what he is doing and I feel like he is being lazy

Bakayoko played well today he was decent...
Luiz was fantastic
No word for kante
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ibime:
Even Thibaut Courtois completed more passes than Bakayoko, and some are telling us not to worry. I am worried oh. Even if na Danny Drinkbleach sef, make dem go buy am.
10 passes out of 16 is not criminal. I will only shout when it is 6 out of 16.. I don't even know when number of completed passes became the first rudiments to judge a DM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
I no wan hear anything, Luiz is a 4.

Whether he likes it or not,He is a DM.

What is a Matic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) ... (19287) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Taguchi, Yustash001(m), Colson(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.