Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10522296 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) ... (19157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

forget that thing. Dier and Henderson are first choice midfielders for England

I don't think Smalling is going to make it to first team. That 3 at the back is most likely Stones, Jones and Walker.

Maybe Smalling sneaks on the plane as a squad player. Trippier is definitely going. Young too is going. So TAA probably has to compete with Bertrand for a seat.

Southgate would be making the same old English mistakes if he continues the same old English traits of na me dey here first.

Why should Stones go when England don't have that passing ethos and Stones has not played regularly sinve November. Stones putting the whole defence at risk just to play a fancy pass to players who are not comfortable receiving those risky balls is an exercise in stupidity.

I would take Jones, Maguire, Smalling and Dier for CB

Walker and Arnold for RB

Bertrand and Rose for LB

Klopp has handed him a midfield, already coached and already have a relationship. This is where England usually falter because England don't have a style and their players don't gel with each other easily in the midfield. The 3 Liverpool midfielders will start. Dier to step out of defence and deputise for Hendo as DM if he's injured. Wilshere plus one of Lewis Cook/Harry Winks or RLC will make the plane.

Alli, Lingard, Sterling plus 1 more for the wings. I would throw in a wildcard here and go with a really pacy dribbler as only Sterling fits that mould and you would need another one if Sterling gets injured. Maybe Demarai Gray.

Then Kane, Vardy and Rashford as strikers.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Hazard made the biggest mistake of his life by joining Chelsea.

Salah and Kdb were not better than he was when they came, they had to leave Chelsea to go do greater things.
Egbon, I disagree undecided

I usually do not like arguing about Hazard and all that, but, this one, I no gree.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilstjnr: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ibime:

Southgate would be making the same old English mistakes if he continues the same old English traits of na me dey here first.

Why should Stones go when England don't have that passing ethos. Stones putting the whole defence at risk just to play a fancy pass to players who are not comfortable receiving those risky balls is an exercise in stupidity.

Walker and Arnold for RB

Bertrand and Rose for LB

Klopp has handed him a midfield, already coached and already have a relationship. The 3 Liverpool midfielders will start. Dier to deputise for Hendo as DM if he's injured. Wilshere plus one of Lewis Cook/Harry Winks or RLC will make the plane.

Alli, Lingard, Sterling plus 1 more for the wings. I would throw in a wildcard here and go with a really pacy dribbler as only Sterling fits that mould and you would need another one if Sterling gets injured. Maybe Demarai Gray.

This is actually a very sensible line up
Let's see how they arrange in the next friendlies.

Winks is injured for the rest of the season and won't make it. Wilshire too is a big doubt.

Other than That, I can't argue with your selection really.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by alexie4real(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Salah and Kdb were not better than he was when they came, they had to leave Chelsea to go do greater things.
so when chelsea came for him he should have rejected?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
alexie4real:
so when chelsea came for him he should have rejected?
he should have stayed in France and be dancing one corner, maybe sunderland would have noticed him if Chelsea didn't

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ibime:

Why should Stones go when England don't have that passing ethos and Stones has not played regularly sinve November. Stones putting the whole defence at risk just to play a fancy pass to players who are not comfortable receiving those risky balls is an exercise in stupidity.

Walker and Arnold for RB

Bertrand and Rose for LB

Klopp has handed him a midfield, already coached and already have a relationship. This is where England usually falter because England don't have a style and their players don't gel with each other easily in the midfield. The 3 Liverpool midfielders will start. Dier to step out of defence and deputise for Hendo as DM if he's injured. Wilshere plus one of Lewis Cook/Harry Winks or RLC will make the plane.

Spot on, however, Young has been more consistent and fit compared to Rose...I think Bertrand starts and Young sits on the bench...
Maguirre has to make the cut along with Smalling (average? Yes but he is currently on a rich vein of form), Jones (if fit) and Stones.
In midfield, Dier should deputise for Hendo, Milner, OX, Wilshere, Winks...
Attack is pretty much straight forward as is the AM and wingers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Greatihex:
Chelsea fans. Our prayer should be that liverpool should reach final, but don't get the cup. If not, Our ucl hope go die final.

Your UCL hope that has been shared as nsalaka meat!!! ? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chelseafan1:

is man city and Liverpool a bigger club to Chelsea? Did Salah and kdb go to Madrid before they would do bigger things?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Mgbo??

Nihilstjnr
Ibime
Airmark
Cruxified Diggz
Cruxifizio
TalabiAudu

Raumdeuter cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
lordfalcao:
is man city and Liverpool a bigger club to Chelsea? Did Salah and kdb go to Madrid before they would do bigger things?

Shame no dey catch Chelseafan1 cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
So England get loyal fans like this?

Anyways, make una keep up the support. I really want England to do well in the world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by alexie4real(m): 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
obainojazz:
he should have stayed in France and be dancing one corner, maybe sunderland would have noticed him if Chelsea didn't
no chills at all man grin grin...but honestly speaking eden don win a lot with chelsea in terms of trophies even individual awards salah no reach am

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Lingard already appears to be ahead of Alli.

Dier must play in midfield too
Lingard ahead of Alli? It's like England want to jabo in group stage again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Skimpledawg:

Egbon, I disagree undecided

I usually do not like arguing about Hazard and all that, but, this one, I no gree.

Which Chelsea winger in the last 10 years has been able to do what Salah is doing for Liverpool?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
lordfalcao:

I don't expect you to spot the difference between Liverpool, Man city and Chelsea team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ibime:

Walker and Arnold for RB

Bertrand and Rose for LB

What type of Imbecìle picks Bertrand over Young
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
lordfalcao:
Salah scoring and assisting to take Liverpool to the quarters, semis and finals. Hazard waiting to play under the 100th manager that will play attacking football

Nonsense..
And you think you are making sense?

Ask yourself y salah didn't do in roma then?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
raumdeuter:
And people still dey follow me argue say this guy isnt the best African in the EPL history
your hypocrisy knows no bound.

Is liverpool vs roma match in epl?
When I talked of drogba dominating finals and important games didn't you asked if there were finals in the epl?Now you had to show your double standard in everything by claiming salah is epl african best ever after watching tonight's match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obafemee80(m): 11:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
6 years ago today(24/4/2012), Chelsea booked their place in the Champions League Final with a 3-2 aggregate victory over Barcelona.

Watch Fernando Torres Champions League goal v Barcelona in 2012 grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpX_FyUdVo0

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2018
Chelseafan1:

I don't expect you to soot the difference between Liverpool, Man city and Chelsea team.
what is the difference? In the last 5 years how many trophies has Liverpool, man city won compared to Chelsea?

How is Salah and kdb doing greater things there while hazard should be regretting joining Chelsea? Are you trying to tell us hazard should join Liverpool or city to achieve his potentials??

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:17am On Apr 25, 2018
popizaino:
And you think you are making sense?

Ask yourself y salah didn't do in roma then?
you that made sense, have you asked why hazard didn't do it in Lille?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:18am On Apr 25, 2018
elrony:

Shame no dey catch Chelseafan1 cheesy grin grin
shame catch me honestly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:18am On Apr 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
what is the difference? In the last 5 years how many trophies has Liverpool, man city won compared to Chelsea?

How is Salah and kdb doing greater things there while hazard should be regretting joining Chelsea? Are you trying to tell us hazard should join Liverpool or city to achieve his potentials??

How was their attack, especially Liverpool in the last 5 years they didn't win anything, their team then, and now. Which one is better?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 12:20am On Apr 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
shame catch me honestly

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:44am On Apr 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
shame catch me honestly

Shame no catch you that Van dijk that you supported Chelsea not to buy at 60m, was bought at 75m and he has made a huge difference for Liverpool so far. Shame never dey with you.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:55am On Apr 25, 2018
TalabiAudu:
So England get loyal fans like this?

Anyways, make una keep up the support. I really want England to do well in the world cup

When England fails at the world cup we go begin hear story that "I don't support England, I only support EPL"

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:57am On Apr 25, 2018
popizaino:
your hypocrisy knows no bound.

Is liverpool vs roma match in epl?
When I talked of drogba dominating finals and important games didn't you asked if there were finals in the epl?Now you had to show your double standard in everything by claiming salah is epl african best ever after watching tonight's match.

And na tonight be the only time I don talk am? Were you blind when I said the same thing last weekend
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:01am On Apr 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

And na tonight be the only time I don talk am? Were you blind when I said the same thing last weekend

One may support an epl team and England national team, but it's not a must that once you are supporting an epl team, you must support English national team. You disgraced yourself that time you made that statement then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Creatrixity(m): 1:22am On Apr 25, 2018
Unlimited22:

How Gareth worked this one out still beats me.
Lingard is an average player who hit a purple patch that has slowly reverted to its normal Brown.

That's strange. I really don't get the Lingard slander. Anyone with half a brain watching the three lions will notice very distinct clear patterns in attacking midfield play to justify the switch from Alli to Lingard as first choice AM.

First of all, England has three strike choices upfront: Kane, Vardy and Rashford. Alli only seems to have a connection with Kane and attempts to exploit that connection to the max. Basically, in other words, a blocked Kane - Alli channel results in stunted attacking play for the whole team. Anyone that watched the earlier matches in the World Cup qualifying campaign should be able to ratify this observation with veracity.

Lingard however seems to have a broader picture of link up play. He also seems to function in a Rashford - Vardy setup better than anyone in that position and he is also comfortable with one touch attacking football further boosting fluidity and also helping the team leverage the strengths of other cogs in the machinery like Sterling, for example.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 1:28am On Apr 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

When England fails at the world cup we go begin hear story that "I don't support England, I only support EPL"

See as you just said it authoritatively.

I don't know wetin England do you.

England is not going to fail this time around. They will overcome the curse so people like you can shet up for a while

I will be here when England goes farther than Germany.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:14am On Apr 25, 2018
Wow! This UCL semifinals 1st leg na real collector's item. Glad I recorded it. Fast, direct, intense and some very good goals. Heck, Henderson was all Kante-cious.

Second leg should be interesting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:22am On Apr 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
And they told us the club were not sporting good talents when emenalo was around
If referring to Salah, I believe scouts did zero until we all saw his display against us for Basel.
Personally, I think the club no get appetite to nurture or develop any player. You should come already firing on all cylinders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) ... (19157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: adexeli(m), a4turitoroman, afrodoc2, SimpleGuy001, limcar, nateevs(m), Shegzdave, WhoDeyHause, ucsquare(m), AirBay, NinjaMetahuman, Leyqute(m), raumdeuter, BlueMann, Segedinho(m), PendragonVII, kad199, Unlimited22, sunnychibs(m), Ballzproblem2, Englishisamust, Sportsweb, Bluelines69 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.