Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10459737 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (19127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
I predict Chelsea vs ath Madrid OR PSG....are we ready?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
tonididdy:
I predict Chelsea vs ath Madrid OR PSG....are we ready?

A . Madrid topped their group!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Loic Remy's dad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Guapo, what sayeth thou now re: JM and youth integration? Dead rubber game and kids don't get minutes.
Dead rubber game and we were playing Matic and Fabregas.

I know he (JM) has his reasons but it was very very disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
nateevs:
Guapo, what sayeth thou now re: JM and youth integration? Dead rubber game and kids don't get minutes.
Dead rubber game and we were playing Matic and Fabregas.

I know he (JM) has his reasons but it was very very disappointing.

TBH it was quite disappointing.

I dunno what his reasons are.

Maybe to finish strongly, maybe to record a vital win that'd lift the morale of the players after the Magpies' loss. I really dunno.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2014
AirborneLacer:

TBH it was quite disappointing.

I dunno what his reasons are.

Maybe to finish strongly, maybe to record a vital win that'd lift the morale of the players after the Magpies' lost. I really dunno.

To be honest, I thought of a number of reasons including the need to lift morale after the loss. I still didn't think we would have lost to Sporting if we played RLC behind the strikers and Christensen at RB.

Unfortunately, we are now only 3 pts ahead of a City that now seem to have found winning ways with or without Aguero. Youth integration this season is now a pipe dream.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
nateevs:

To be honest, I thought of a number of reasons including the need to lift morale after the loss. I still didn't think we would have lost to Sporting if we played RLC behind the strikers and Christensen at RB.

Unfortunately, we are now only 3 pts ahead of a City that now seem to have found winning ways with or without Aguero. Youth integration this season is now a pipe dream.

Zouma showing the defensive behemoth he is and Ake exuding great sheer of confidence and maturity any time he is on the pitch, has got to be the positives.

I guess we cant have it all.

BTW, what's your FPL team's name? You must be one of those vets languishing in hell grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thibaut Courtois ruled out of Chelsea's clash with Hull due to muscle problem
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Chelsea have surely made some extravagant signings over the years, but as some children would have it, the latest Blues' star is Jesus Christ.

According to independent.co.uk, a survey done by Brent Cross Shopping Centre - London saw 20 percent out of a 1,000 children vote that the Son of God played for the current Premier League leaders.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has pumped in a mini-fortune into the club and bought some of the world's best to Stamford Bridge but this signing could be out of reach for even the Russian billionaire.

A total of 1,000 children were asked: Who is Jesus Christ? a) A footballer for Chelsea, b) Son of God, c) TV presenter, d) X Factor contestant or e) An astronaut

Reportedly, 20 percent of the children went with option 'a)' grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
Jose Mourinho's 10 best quotes:

On Newcastle's time-wasting tactics

'You may as well put a cow in the middle of the pitch, walking. And then stop the game because there was a cow.'

Describing his Chelsea side last season

‘They are eggs that need a mum or, in this case, a dad to take care of them, to keep them warm during the winter, to bring the blanket and work and improve them. One day the moment will arrive when the weather changes, the sun rises, you break the eggs and the eggs are ready to go for life at the top level.’

After his terrier was ordered into quarantine in his first spell at Chelsea

'The dog is fine in Portugal - that big threat is away - you don't have to worry about crime anymore.'

After drawing 0-0 against Mallorca in his first Real Madrid game

'Look, I’m a coach. I’m not Harry Potter. He is magical, but in reality there is no magic. Magic is fiction and football is real.'

After fellow former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri criticised the then-Inter manager's methods

'I studied Italian five hours a day for many months to ensure I could communicate with the players, media and fans. Ranieri had been in England for five years and still struggled to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good afternoon.'

On his relationship with the Chelsea owner

'If Roman Abramovich helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt!'

On Chelsea's injury crisis in 2007

'It is like having a blanket that is too small for the bed. You pull the blanket up to keep your chest warm and your feet stick out. I cannot buy a bigger blanket becuase the supermarket is closed. But I am content because the blanket is cashmere. It is no ordinary blanket.'

On youth development

'Young players are a little bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100 per cent sure that the melon is good.

'Sometimes you have beautiful melons but they don’t taste very good and some other melons are a bit ugly and when you open them, the taste is fantastic… One thing is youth football, one thing is professional football.

'The bridge is a difficult one to cross and they have to play with us and train with us for us to taste the melon.'

Ironically coining the phrase 'Park the bus'

'As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede – it’s not fair for the football we played.'

On the wine on offer at Stamford Bridge

'This is nothing against Sir Alex whatsoever. After the game on Wednesday we were together in my office and we spoke and drank wine. Unfortunately it was a very bad bottle of wine and he was complaining, so when we go to Old Trafford for the second leg, on my birthday, I will take a beautiful bottle of Portuguese wine.'

There's only ONE Jose.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Thibaut Courtois ruled out of Chelsea's clash with Hull due to muscle problem

That kind of feeling you have when Petr Cech is your backup goalie

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
So it has come to this for Torres - really sad cry

Oh well, i will always be greatful to him as a Chelsea fan.
He was key to our European success, so i can confident say he justified his price tag.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]“To have a chance to get something against a team like Chelsea, first you need to defend, and you need to defend properly,” added the Uruguayan.

“You need to make it very difficult for them and you need to defend as a team, be organised, keep your shape and throw bodies in front of the ball.

“Everthing you need to do to play football against one of the best teams.

“Not too many people like to defend these days, but it is pleasing that this team today went out there with the attitude that we are going to stop you from scoring for the first time this season.

“You couldn’t really see an easy chance for Chelsea. They would have needed to do something very, very special to score today."........Gus Poyet (Manager Of Sunderland FC)

I think many Coaches will have their notebooks out and will be taking notes. I think things will get interesting for Chelsea in the coming games.

Also, it took a star performer in the midfield of Sunderland to win the midfield battle against Chelsea. The star performer today was Lee Cattermole. The draw between Chelsea and Manchester United also required Fellaini to put up a star performance. So it is just not the system. A star performer in the midfield is required.

Below is a comment the coach (Gus Poyet) made about Lee Cattermole's star performance.
Sunderland boss Poyet said: “What he did, Lee, today is an example of how you need to play in the middle of the park against a top team.

“When you need to go for a tackle, when you need to cover and when you need to follow someone, when to go deep, when to go higher – even when you need to make a foul!"
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/gus-poyet-sunderlands-coach-drops.html
[/b]

Y did he not employ his tactics against Citey...Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ronaldo no dey shame sef undecided

I saw him dive in HD for the first time.

Madridiots and their yeye world best - Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
I remember messi diving twice to earn his argentine side an undeserved trophy.....people be doing like the guy na angel...mschew

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
afrodoc:
I am sure the Torres supporters will blame the pasta in Italy or the tower of Pisa for his travails in that country.....blame everybody but Torres.
There is a conspiracy by all Torres' club mates to prevent him from succeeding.
Someone that has been finished for 4 years
If a certified wasteman like Gervinho can still shine in the Serie A it shows just how badly Torres sucks

They should offload him to Guangzhou Evergrande or Portland Timber. He has no business playing in elite Europe anymore

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by shooowthem: 6:08am On Dec 13, 2014
A40:

If a certified wasteman like Gervinho can still shine in the Serie A it shows just how badly Torres sucks
They should offload him to Guangzhou Evergrande or Portland Timber. He has no business playing in elite Europe anymore

Lol......Just wait mk Coogar come tell you how even weather dey affect d guys career

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2014
mithel:
I remember messi diving twice to earn his argentine side an undeserved trophy.....people be doing like the guy na angel...mschew
The first was a clear penalty. The second penalty was not even won by him, so i do not know the trophy you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKhaK42Vhko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2014
can courtois please feign injury till the end of january ....atleast make cech stay till the end of the season...

tval....i refuse to answer you lipsrsealed

I no like both ronaldo and messi though...and i wont take any of the two in my chelsea angry .....CHELSEA HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD...And that is my opinion and i am sticking to it cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2014
mithel:
can courtois please feign injury till the end of january ....atleast make cech stay till the end of the season...

tval....i refuse to answer you lipsrsealed

I no like both ronaldo and messi though...and i wont take any of the two in my chelsea angry .....CHELSEA HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD...And that is my opinion and i am sticking to it cool
Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Zouma showing the defensive behemoth he is and Ake exuding great sheer of confidence and maturity any time he is on the pitch, has got to be the positives.

I guess we cant have it all.

BTW, what's your FPL team's name? You must be one of those vets languishing in hell grin grin grin

Bros abeg don't make me tell you jare. Make I manage my dignity. grin grin
I cannot keep up. I am so busy I never always remember to change my team before match day. Never.
I just dey enjoy with the boys for bottom. But I check points mid-week.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
nateevs:

Bros abeg don't make me tell you jare. Make I manage my dignity. grin grin
I cannot keep up. I am so busy I never always remember to change my team before match day. Never.

I just dey enjoy with the boys for bottom. But I check points mid-week.

Kpele grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
''No. He (Torres) is on loan for two seasons at Milan. He's our player but he's on loan for two seasons at Milan. We have no space.

We have no space for players in our list, either in the Champions League or the Premier League. That's an impossible picture.

Nobody from Milan has made contact with us about that possibilty, so probably nothing is true. He's happy at Milan and Milan are happy to have him.

- Jose Mourinho

And I had to embolden Mou's wicked lines.

Raumdeuter, what did you really pray to? Cos from the look of things, it's obvious your prayer no even cross the roof of your house cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
^^^ grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
[size=50pt] MATCH DAY 16 [/size]

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Subs: Schwarzer , Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
AirborneLacer:
''No. He (Torres) is on loan for two seasons at Milan. He's our player but he's on loan for two seasons at Milan. We have no space.

We have no space for players in our list, either in the Champions League or the Premier League. That's an impossible picture.

Nobody from Milan has made contact with us about that possibilty, so probably nothing is true. He's happy at Milan and Milan are happy to have him.

- Jose Mourinho

And I had to embolden Mou's wicked lines.

Raumdeuter, what did you really pray to? Cos from the look of things, it's obvious your prayer no even cross the roof of your house cheesy grin

Watch as Costa would catch Staphylococcus from Remy forcing Mourinho to recall the greatest Fernandud Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
Dzeko injured
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hazardous....He can drimble and he can score

World Best!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Why is Matic doing the whole work that is to be done in the midfield?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
We're not looking too comfortable today.

We're giving out possession too easily,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hull though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (19127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Geld(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.