Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10511831 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
fredoooooo:

somebody shout Hallelujah !!! ; it's part of the gospel grin

Not me and u biko. I don repent and turn Bishop. U no fit make me backslide lai lai
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
nateevs:

And we better be. This Ramires issue, I no understand. We will never have a midfield the type of Ballack, Lampard, Maka/Essien like we had if we keep this Ramires thing on.

Even a Koke, Fab, Matic, Ruben midfield is light in numbers and strength. We still need one dude in the middle with technique and strength. James McCarthy if we don't want to spend money.

and we also have options in the forgotten ones, the likes of Josh McEchran and Lukas Piazon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ibime:

Well said. We're on the same page. James McCarthy is a good player. I doubt he'll be cheap though. If Everton signed him for 12.5m, they will want at least 22m.

I will pitch my tent with Christian Eriksen, me thinks the £22m is enough to price him away from Tottenham.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
"Torres has hit Chelsea for just over £18m-a-year in FFP costs and this summer is the first in which the Blues can budget for not having the Spaniard on the books.

The permanent move to AC Milan that allowed Torres to join Atletico Madrid on loan saw Chelsea accept an £18.72m Financial Fair Play hit on the striker this season in order for him to be wiped off next season's books.

Financial Fair Play accounting dictates that players are valued annually, which is calculated bu adding the amortised transfer fee to the annual wage.

Chelsea paid Liverpool £51.5m for Torres in January 2011 and handed him a five-and-a-half-year contract worth £175,000-a-week. That means, in terms of FFP his fee was amortised to £9.36m a year, plus £9.1m a year in wages - making his annual cost £18.46m.

Once a player is sold, even if there is no fee involved, his entire 'book value' is calculated within FFP accounting. When Milan made the Torres move permanent, the £9.36m that would have been applied to the 2015/16 books reverted to this season's accounts - meaning his total cost this year was £18.72m as Chelsea were no longer paying his wages.

Chelsea have also saved themselves money on FFP by handing Eden Hazard a new contract, even though they have increased his wages to £200,000-a-week.

Hazard’s annual FFP cost after joining Chelsea from Lille was £16.02m, but that figure will go down to £13.31m from this summer due to the fact his remaining book value is now spread over the next five-and-a-half-years.

It is not widely known outside football accounting that clubs can actually save themselves money in terms of FFP costs by giving their players new contracts, even if they are earning more,” said
Cohen.

“Although Hazard's wages have increased from approximately £9.62m a year to £10.4m annually, his FFP 'book' value has gone down.

That’s because his £32m fee was amortised at £6.4m a year over an initial five-year contract.

"That deal had two-and-a-half years left to run, so the remaining £16m in 'book' value was spread out over the new five-and-a-half-year contract Hazard signed in February, decreasing his annual FFP cost from £6.4m to £2.91m.

"So even with the increase in wages, Hazard will cost Chelsea £2.71m less a year in FFP money from this summer.”

The Yokohama shirt sponsorship that was signed at the end of last month is worth around £40m-a-year, which is £22m-a-year more than Chelsea have been receiving from Samsung.

Even without factoring in any further player sales, new contracts, commercial revenue or the increase in television money for Premier League and Champions League clubs, Chelsea have already freed up more than £40m in FFP cash through Torres, Yohohama and Hazard's new contract.

Mourinho has operated with smaller group of senior players to pick from than his Premier League and European rivals over the past two seasons to meet FFP regulations, but can now boost Chelsea's first-team squad without having to make major sales.

- Telegraph

It's an interesting perspective, one I'm pretty sure we never knew about.

I just can't wait for summer. Fellas who would you like to see at the Bridge?

Koke and Bale for me cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:12am On Mar 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:

It's an interesting perspective, one I'm pretty sure we never knew about.

I just can't wait for summer. Fellas who would you like to see at the Bridge?

Koke and Bale for me cheesy

^^^ It's not a perspective. It's a standard accounting treatment under IAS38 - Amortisation of intangible assets. . . in other words, depreciation over the lifetime of intangible assets. Whilst depreciation applies to tangible assets şuch as Property, Plant and Equipment, amortisation applies to intangibles like Goodwill, intellectual property, brand value etc. Players contracts are intangible assets because they arise from contractual or legal rights.

If Hazard cost £20m and signs a 4 year deal, you credit the balance sheet £20m initially, then debit £5m to the Income Statement yearly for 4 years whilst crediting (reducing) the asset account by the same value. The yearly cost is therefore £5m plus his yearly salary.

After 3 years, his Balance Sheet value drops to £5m. If you sell him for £50m at the start of the 4th season, you recognise £45m as Income to the P&L as this is the difference between his book value and the consideration received.

The reason his book value or carrying value was not remeasured yearly to reflect his transfer value is because contractual obligations have a useful life which ends the moment his contract expires and because his Fair value cannot be determined by an active market - the main stipulations being homogeneous products and prices available to the public. So next time the fans sing "There's only one Eden Hazard", that's one of the reasons why his value is not remeasured yearly - because footballers are not homogeneous products!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:15am On Mar 22, 2015
Ibime dey show ACCA F1 skills
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:16am On Mar 22, 2015
raumdeuter:
Ibime dey show ACCA F1 skills

Na CIMA I do. . . which is superior to ACCA IMHO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2015
Ibime:

Na CIMA I do. . . which is superior to ACCA IMHO.

More than superior sef.. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:50am On Mar 22, 2015
[size=30pt] MATCH DAY [/size]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2015
Imagine Kane winning the POTY...That says a lot about Epl.....

Me think it should be Hazard or De Gea...
But Kane got the YPOTY of course, Poty? He is english anyway
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:21am On Mar 22, 2015
bigkesh:
Imagine Kane winning the POTY...That says a lot about Epl.....

Me think it should be Hazard or De Gea...
But Kane got the YPOTY of course, Poty? He is english anyway

If he does win it at the end of the season, he indeed merits it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ibime:

^^^ It's not a perspective. It's a standard accounting treatment under IAS38 - Amortisation of intangible assets. . . in other words, depreciation over the lifetime of intangible assets. Whilst depreciation applies to tangible assets şuch as Property, Plant and Equipment, amortisation applies to intangibles like Goodwill, intellectual property, brand value etc. Players contracts are intangible assets because they arise from contractual or legal rights.

If Hazard cost £20m and signs a 4 year deal, you credit the balance sheet £20m initially, then debit £5m to the Income Statement yearly for 4 years whilst crediting (reducing) the asset account by the same value. The yearly cost is therefore £5m plus his yearly salary.

After 3 years, his Balance Sheet value drops to £5m. If you sell him for £50m at the start of the 4th season, you recognise £45m as Income to the P&L as this is the difference between his book value and the consideration received.

The reason his book value or carrying value was not remeasured yearly to reflect his transfer value is because contractual obligations have a useful life which ends the moment his contract expires and because his Fair value cannot be determined by an active market - the main stipulations being homogeneous products and prices available to the public. So next time the fans sing "There's only one Eden Hazard", that's one of the reasons why his value is not remeasured yearly - because footballers are not homogeneous products!

Well, you're on this field and I'm not surprised.

Nice stuff.

IB our village shrine needs a competent accountant to dey balance the books for them, are you game?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
amodu:

If he does win it at the end of the season, he indeed merits it.
sure.... Few others also worth it too..... At least u can make a reasonable case for fabregas, sanchez, costa, de gea, hazard, matic, sterling.......

Writing this made me wonder, a lot of players didnt turn up this season..... Especially United and City
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:

IB our village shrine needs a competent accountant to dey balance the books for them, are you game?

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
bigkesh:
sure.... Few others also worth it too..... At least u can make a reasonable case for fabregas, sanchez, costa, de gea, hazard, matic, sterling.......

Writing this made me wonder, a lot of players didnt turn up this season..... Especially United and City

United own might be understandable but that of city is weird.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
match day. loving it cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hahahaha. Gerrard is a clown. That's the fastest red card I've ever seen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Gerard is a Foöl..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Super Mata with a superb goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ramirez starting today grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
If FA doesn't punish Skrtel, may thunder fire them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
I hope FA will punish Skrtel for that stamp.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ramires and mourinho sha undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
fredoooooo:

Why can't you guys laud his energy ?? Ramirez can't pass , Ramirez runs like headless chicken , Ramirez can't hold the ball well.. Bla bla bla ..

Ramirez starts ! ! ! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
fredoooooo:

Why can't you guys laud his energy ?? Ramirez can't pass , Ramirez runs like headless chicken , Ramirez can't hold the ball well.. Bla bla bla ..

Ramirez starts ! ! ! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hazard !!! Goal !!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Omo oro hazard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Courtois to the rescue , ope oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
Diego costa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
Costa !! The governor !! 19 goals !!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
another week another goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
Courtois again ! Good save. !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.