Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10514841 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) ... (19152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Them people for russia are trying to implement (did actually implement) the same strategy/proposal as Dyke's and it did nothing to help their national team or league. In fact, the reverse was/is the case.

The EPL is a MASSIVE business, a package that no longer rests on the shoulders of made in England and ONLY for English people. If they pursue Dyke's proposal, I have no doubt that it will backfire.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2015
Some Hazardous skills that would have you drooling on a beautiful Thursday morning. cheesy

This dude is the best in England at the moment - no debates there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOFmC7mgz9U
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2015
FBS:
Them people for russia are trying to implement (did actually implement) the same strategy/proposal as Dyke's and it did nothing to help their national team or league. In fact, the reverse was/is the case.

The EPL is a MASSIVE business, a package that no longer rests on the shoulders of made in England and ONLY for English people. If they pursue Dyke's proposal, I have no doubt that it will backfire.

Historically, most Balon D'or winners ply their trade outside the EPL. The one and only EPL player to win it was CR7 and that was 7 years ago.

Look at English teams flopping in Europe. EPL clubs can't even attract the biggest names in football these days, and the best players in the league invariably end up at Madrid or Barca.

EPL as a business is not based on talent but hype.

It's sold as brand on the back of 4 clubs. Surely you don't think people all over the world tune in to watch the worldbeaters at Aston Villa and West Brom slug out a 0-0 draw in the Midlands Derby?

This rule is really targeted at those 4 clubs who have the finances, personnel and facilities to develop the English grassroot game to world class quality or something close

The current model sees clubs hoovering up the most talented youngsters from academies, farming them out on loan to other clubs who have no interest in long term development of the loanee and as such use them anyhow, and eventually these English players end up in the lower leagues.

By forcing the clubs to develop talent that they have to play, these youngsters may finally get the chance to develop that they simply don't have now.

We only have 1 English regular our team. Cahill dey struggle with Zouma so he doesn't count. Bertrand might have been something but he got dispatched by an 18 million pound flop. Sturridge might have been something, but a 50 million pound flop stood in his way. McEchran might have been something. Bamford could have been something.

And from an FA perspective, a stronger grassroots equals a stronger national pool to choose from.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
@nihilist u also forget dat d likes of real Madrid n Barcelona r d best because of foreign talents ,how many Spanish players r in Real Madrid? only 3! n u can't tell me dat d likes of Oezil ,Di maria ,n d others dat plied/r plying dia trade in d EPL were 2nd rated ? The fact dat PSG is considered one of d best teams in d world currently is because of d inflow of foreign talents into d team ,u think dat de can challenge with only homegrown players ,d likes of Marseille ,Lyon ,Montpellier r repeatedly kicked out of d UCL group stages n qualifiers even with d so called homegrown talents ,granted ,Greg's right to an extent ,d lack of English players in major teams in EPL is killing English talents but he should also know dat d EPL brand is selling all over d world n one reason is cos of d foreigners in d various teams ,look at d bundesliga for example ,d number of Asian supporters is increasing because of d sudden influx of Asian players into d league ,when man united got kagawa from Dortmund ,did u know dat his shirt sales was astronomical? same happened to park ni sung ,d fact is dat d EPL is now a global brand alongside d two Spanish giants ,Madrid n Barcelona ,u can see Tottenham supporters outside d EPL ,even Everton ,so his idea of reducing d foreign talents inflow might have worked during d 90s n early 2000's but certainly not now so I suggest English players start moving abroad n showcase dia talents n also d proposed "B-league" dat was proposed last 2 years should be kick started to groom d up coming talents also ,seeing dat d Spaniards r doing almost d same thing

My honest opinion
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Who dey vote tommorow?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:
Who dey vote tommorow?

I wan sell my vote, you get an APC or PDP agent contact? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:
Who dey vote tommorow?

You no go vote?grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Sell your vote,ke?undecided

Chinedu,you better come home and vote o!tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Danhumprey:
Sell your vote,ke?undecided

Chinedu,you better come home and vote o!tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I've embraced political aparty, I have no business with politics.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Me sef na contractor. I dey supply career political thugs with the tools of their trade. Oruka, lebe, machete,assorted broken bottles, and wraps of good igbo.

I suspect bimffo fits the profile of my regular clientele. I know Raumdeuter is a well known Adedibu boy, who was active in the June 12 riot, but it seems he has retired now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Me sef na contractor. I dey supply career political thugs with the tools of their trade. Oruka, lebe, machete,assorted broken bottles, and wraps of good igbo.

I suspect bimffo fits the profile of my regular clientele. I know Raumdeuter is a well known Adedibu boy, who was active in the June 12 riot, but it seems he has retired now.

grin Egbon na.. Me sef don retire..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:
Who dey vote tommorow?

I cut my parole short unto say I gats fall in to vote.

PVC ready!!! Na wetin I first go collect be that chapally.

APC noni. . .

GMB - President

Senator Babajide Omoworare - Osun East (Ife-Ijesa) Senatorial District.

Hon. Ajibola Famurewa - Atakumosa East/West and Ilesa East/West Federal Constituency.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
AirborneLacer:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I've embraced political aparty, I have no business with politics.

Being apolitical nor follow say make you nor vote na. . .

Being enmeshed in politics and performing your civic responsibilities nor combine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:

grin grin grin grin grin

TreQuartista:

Being apolitical nor follow say make you nor vote na. . .

Being enmeshed in politics and performing your civic responsibilities nor combine.

Baba my aparty cover that ground.

I no just get a thing for politics.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
Meanwhile, JT has penned down a new contract with the club.

Long live the captain. May his sailing days be long as that of Odin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Historically, most Balon D'or winners ply their trade outside the EPL. The one and only EPL player to win it was CR7 and that was 7 years ago.
Traditionally yes, but this is because in the EPL the MAIN focus is the team. You will most like talk of Chelsea, Manure and Co as team/club instead of debating about individuals cos they are rarely allowed to shine. Clubs na the koko. Bigger than any individual player. Do you get my point?

Nihilist:
Look at English teams flopping in Europe. EPL clubs can't even attract the biggest names in football these days, and the best players in the league invariably end up at Madrid or Barca.
But it wasnt so last season. Or the season before that. We were in the semis and we all know how Real demolished Banshit.
It was an all spanish final, and we've also had an ALL english final. I also remember Fulham going far in the Europa. Its cyclical to some extent.

Nihilist:
EPL as a business is not based on talent but hype.
Most business are hypes as it all depends on how you sell it. That is why it is called business. cheesy grin

Nihilist:
It's sold as brand on the back of 4 clubs. Surely you don't think people all over the world tune in to watch the worldbeaters at Aston Villa and West Brom slug out a 0-0 draw in the Midlands Derby?
So you mean millions tune in to watch Granada play Cordoba? or Metz play Evian? or Frieburg against Paderbon?

Nihilist:

This rule is really targeted at those 4 clubs who have the finances, personnel and facilities to develop the English grassroot game to world class quality or something close
The current model sees clubs hoovering up the most talented youngsters from academies, farming them out on loan to other clubs who have no interest in long term development of the loanee and as such use them anyhow, and eventually these English players end up in the lower leagues.

By forcing the clubs to develop talent that they have to play, these youngsters may finally get the chance to develop that they simply don't have now.

We only have 1 English regular our team. Cahill dey struggle with Zouma so he doesn't count. Bertrand might have been something but he got dispatched by an 18 million pound flop. Sturridge might have been something, but a 50 million pound flop stood in his way. McEchran might have been something. Bamford could have been something.

And from an FA perspective, a stronger grassroots equals a stronger national pool to choose from.
Clubs should not be forced to do develop anything as naturally it is in the club's best interest to do so. Many are praying and willing to see another JT, a Kane at every club but it ain't that easy. If it was, clubs like Stoke wont need to spend on players like Bojan? Why throw money at a problem when you have the solution right in front of you. This is business/sports and should be treated as such.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nihilist:
Who dey vote tommorow?

I dey vote

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dhellake:
I dey vote

Dhellake, where U dey??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
FBS:
But it wasnt so last season. Or the season before that. We were in the semis and we all know how Real demolished Banshit.
It was an all spanish final, and we've also had an ALL english final. I also remember Fulham going far in the Europa. Its cyclical to some extent. .

2015 No English team in CL quarters
2014 1 English team made it to the semis
2013 No English team in the quarters
2012 One English team made it to the quarters

In the last 4 seasons, 3 out of 16 English teams made it to the quarters, Actually 5 EPL teams were knocked out in the group states.

If its cyclical then the cycle doesnt favour ENgland

Then The English people, what does it benefit them having a great league and not able to win anything for the NT

When Milan dominated in the mid 2000, It traslated into a world cup win, When Barcelona dominated after that it translated into a world cup and 2 Euros

Bayern domination has brought a world cup to Germany.

When would England National team win their own?

After Wayne Rooney in 2003, the next closest thing to a world class talent was the discovery of Raheem Sterling in 2013. A full decade after. And they call themselves the home of the best league?. In this period English clubs were dominant in Europe.

How can you explain this dearth of talents ? If not for the lack of protection for local talents

Germany won the world cup with 9 Bundesliga players starting for them in the world cup finals.
Spain won the World cup with all 11 starters playing for La Liga clubs
Italy won the world cup with all 11 players in the Serie A

WHen would an EPL dominated English team make a major semi finals or even win the tournament

Chelsea would win the league and cant boast of 3 local guys who are regular, Same thing with Man City.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
WHen would an EPL dominated English team make a major semi finals or even win the tournament

when the foreign mercenaries are kicked out. the money is the problem here. there's no wide gulf between the top teams & the rest of the pack like in germany & spain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2015
coogar:

when the foreign mercenaries are kicked out. the money is the problem here. there's no wide gulf between the top teams & the rest of the pack like in germany & spain.

I agree money is the problem. Any local league is for first and foremost the improvement of the local game and development of the local talents

The Nigerian fan that supports Man Utd , ARsenal or Chelsea would only think about their own entertainment while not caring what happens to the local game.

The real English people would rather England win a world cup than Chelsea winning the Champions league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
raumdeuter:

I agree money is the problem. Any local league is for first and foremost the improvement of the local game and development of the local talents

The Nigerian fan that supports Man Utd , ARsenal or Chelsea would only think about their own entertainment while not caring what happens to the local game.

The real English people would rather England win a world cup than Chelsea winning the Champions league

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
Bimffo:

Dhellake, where U dey??
me don commot oo, I dey home o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Africa reacted angrily when English Football Association chairman Greg Dyke announced new measures intended to boost England's national team.

This is because the rules regarding the granting of work permits to players from outside the European Union were fundamentally changing.

From 1 May, footballers from countries outside Fifa's top 50-ranked sides will find it harder to play in English football - whereas the previous rule covered countries in the top 70.
At a stroke, footballers from eight African nations sitting in the 50-70 belt - Mali, Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, South Africa, Egypt, Zambia, Rwanda and Burkina Faso - found any Premier League dreams shattered.

Former Nigeria captain Sunday Oliseh called the changes
"unnecessary warfare", and legitimately asked why England can't do more to improve its coaching standards.

Meanwhile Zambia Football Association President Kalusha Bwalya said his career "would not even have started if these proposals were in place" when he was a player.

He labelled the system "unfair" and said talent should be rewarded no matter when you are from, citing George Weah - the only African to ever be crowned Fifa Footballer of the Year (in 1995) - as an example.

The striker, who made his name at Monaco and Milan before joining Chelsea, hails from Liberia, who are currently 117th in the world and who have never been higher than 66th.

The good news though is that the rules have been misunderstood to a certain degree and that if a player from an African nation outside Fifa's top 50 is good enough - and that is the key, being good enough - he is still likely to make it to England.

The new proposals are planned to increase the chances for quality players to come in, and both the size of the transfer fee and wage will be factored in when considering whether to import a player who fails the new work permit rules.

In short, the higher the price, the better chance for a non-EU player to gain entry, especially if he is already proven in Europe.

The key difference is that routine players who have contributed little to the game, perhaps even having fallen through the divisions, are being targeted for exclusion, with the obvious hope that English players can make the most of the places that will have been freed up for them.

So Emmanuel Mayuka may not have made it to Southampton, for example, while a host of Africans would never have made it to the championship.

In fact, the English FA says 33% of players who earned work permits under the old system in the last five years would not have been granted a visa under the new rules.

It all means countless African footballers will try their luck elsewhere - with perhaps more finding their way to Spain's La Liga or German's thundering Bundesliga or the riches on offer in Russia.

Many pathways are still open - it is just that the quality of players from the continent arriving in the Premier League is set to be the creme de la creme - adding to the riches already provided by Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Michael Essien among others.

Given the pride Africans take in seeing their own light up the Premier League, this should not be too damaging - unless you are an agent of course.

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32078919
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
lol see the people wey dey complain...Zambian FA chairman grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dhebor258: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2015
these english won't just accept that they do not just have the right players.almost all the players that started for them against Lithuania are starters for teams in the first seven of the league.what kind of player do they need in there national team then?. imagine after winning Lithuania Rooney came out to say "teams will fear us now"..they really really hype themselves too much.if this new rule does not work they should get ready to start playing second fiddle to bundeliga.there is something going on in that league I c d league coming tops in years to come
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nihilist:
lol see the people wey dey complain...Zambian FA chairman grin

Kalusha Bwalya ain't just Zambian FA Chairman, he's an African legend, a former APOTY, a ninja with 100 International goals and Captain of the doomed 1993 team that died in Gabon, yet rallied the new players to reach the final of Tunisia 94 with a brand new team.

When you talk of Rabah Majer, Abedi Pele, Roger Milla, Rashidi Yekini, Japhet N'doram and George Weah. . . . you talk of Kalusha Bwalya.

Put it this way. . . Eden Hazard has never finished as high as Kalusha Bwalya in voting for the Ballon D'or.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
Chelsea reportedly linked with a bid for Spurs outcast,Emmanuel Adebayor!shockedgrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ibime:

Kalusha Bwalya ain't just Zambian FA Chairman, he's an African legend, a former APOTY, a ninja with 100 International goals and Captain of the doomed 1993 team that died in Gabon, yet rallied the new players to reach the final of Tunisia 94 with a brand new team.

When you talk of Rabah Majer, Abedi Pele, Roger Milla, Rashidi Yekini, Japhet N'doram and George Weah. . . . you talk of Kalusha Bwalya.

Put it this way. . . Eden Hazard has never finished as high as Kalusha Bwalya in voting for the Ballon D'or.

Ibime I'm not exactly sure why you're giving me this biography.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) ... (19152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tobiboss(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.