Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10563092 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (19194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:

they don't....the highest they have posted is 400 million. the manchester derby(title race match in 11/12) posted 650 million viewers.

el-clasico is not prime time in far east asia. they usually start around 6-8pm GMT which is like 2-4am in asia. no TV station would pay for such. it's bad market.
the match that I said had 1.2 billion views started by 3pm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
coogar:
they don't....the highest they have posted is 400 million. the manchester derby(title race match in 11/12) posted 650 million viewers.
el-clasico is not prime time in far east asia. they usually start around 6-8pm GMT which is like 2-4am in asia. no TV station would pay for such. it's bad market.

I thought the highest was 1 billion?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
homesteady:
the match that I said had 1.2 billion views started by 3pm

it didn't have 1.2 billion views, it said there's a potential & it was a drunk commentator that said so, it's not official.

even if it started by 3pm, it's an anomaly. la liga games don't usually start by then & tv broadcasters buy these games in bulk on 3-year contract.

they just don't buy the games in retail like tom-tom. grin

homesteady:
I thought the highest was 1 billion?

yes, the highest was one billion. just telling you unknown teams like man city have garnered more views than el-clasico. grin

Sir Alex Ferguson labelled his side's clash against the Reds as the biggest club game in the world. And it's easy to see why.

Here are some global statistics compiled by The Daily Mail newspaper.

211 - The number of countries that the Barclays Premier League is broadcast to around the world. Which means only 27 countries in the world don't get the television feeds - Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Ukraine among them. However, places like Cambodia, Fiji and Madagascar get to watch the live games.

500 million - The number of people around the world who managed to catch Manchester United's 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Saturday. The record audience for a Premier League match stands at one billion for the clash between Arsenal and United in 2007.

70% - The percentage of the 2.08 billion football fans that actively follow the Barclays Premier League, translating to a total of 1.46 billion people.

4.7 billion - The total global audience for last year's Barclays Premier League, with 3.9billion people watching from their own homes.

643 million - The total number of homes that receive broadcasts of the Barclays Premier League, accounting for 3.9 billion viewers. A further 777,000 fans watch from outside their homes. (Asia - 1.3b; South & Central America - 879m; Europe - 761m; UK - 629m; North America - 140m)

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item691758/

Around £100m of that was spent by NowTV to secure the rights for Hong Kong, Showtime Arabia stumped up around £60m for the Middle East and North African market and WinTV spent £50m to show games in China.

The continued growth and huge appetite of the Premier League's worldwide audience is the reason foreign broadcasters are prepared to spend such huge amounts to show English football.

The potential is vast - an estimated audience of one billion watched Manchester United's match with Arsenal in November 2007.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7232378.stm

as you can see, 1 billion watched a premier league game in 2007. it didn't say the potential to watch, it quoted in past tense "watched".

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Facts:

- Sporting’s 19 previous games against English sides have ended W9 D3 L7 The 2013/14 Portuguese Liga runners-up are unbeaten in 16 European home games - 13 wins, three draws - since a 2-0 loss to Brøndby IF in the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League play-offs.

- Chelsea’s record in nine games against Portuguese clubs - three against SL Benfica, six versus FC Porto - in European competition is W7 D1 L1. Their last six wins against Liga sides were by single-goal margins.

- José Mourinho worked at Sporting as an assistant to coach Sir Bobby Robson for one and a half seasons between 1992 and 1993.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2014
Warning Signs!

Men To Watch Out For:

Rui Patricio
William Carvalho
Nani
Slimani
Diego Capel - Sporting's rendition of Diego C cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:36am On Sep 30, 2014
AirborneLacer: Warning Signs!

Men To Watch Out For:

Rui Patricio
William Carvalho
Nani
Slimani
Diego Capel - Sporting's rendition of Diego C cheesy

Used to be a deadly winger in those days at Seville!

I don't know what his current form is like now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2014
timbros:

Used to be a deadly winger in those days at Seville!

I don't know what his current form is like now.

Form been fickle as the English climate cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
Sharrap FBS... If i catch you!

Its Brashy
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! grin grin grin
dude!!!! na when dem release you oh? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2014
welcome home mourinho ...

hmmm our only Portuguese player would be schwazer right?

Tough game...I can't say its an easy ride. cant
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2014
tonididdy: welcome home mourinho ...

hmmm our only Portuguese player would be schwazer right?

Tough game...I can't say its an easy ride. cant
Schwazer is not Portuguese, He's Australian
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dhelake: Schwazer is not Portuguese, He's Australian
aw yeah u're right...lol I shuould have known
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Form been fickle as the English climate cheesy

I hope he wont be a torn in our flesh today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
tonididdy: aw yeah u're right...lol I shuould have known

Maybe you meant Hilario...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
timbros:

Maybe you meant Hilario...
1 like

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
wonlasewonimi: How many times are you glad to be back? You've back since last year iirc...are you an ashewo like coogar,debosky and pataki? cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ahswerigod, na wetin ah wan talk be that, I don even quote am before I see your post begin laff. grin

Abi nor be im be that irritant - Polio - wen dey cuss up and down like say dem take curse pursue am comot for village? grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Team to face Sporting: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC
Sub: Cech, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Mikel, Salah, Willian, Remy. #CFC

Strong line up, ktbffh.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
This would be Terry's 100th. Champions League appearance. Congrats to him cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
nitlad:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ahswerigod, na wetin ah wan talk be that, I don even quote am before I see your post begin laff. grin

Abi nor be im be that irritant - Polio - wen dey cuss up and down like say dem take curse pursue am comot for village? grin cheesy grin

He should be glad to be back. If you know wetin dem take him eye see for jail. those adofuro scatter all the alignment for him sphincter
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
raumdeuter: He should be glad to be back. If you know wetin dem take him eye see for jail. those adofuro scatter all the alignment for him sphincter

So the weyrey na t'ewonde? grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
Patricio to the rescue!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Bran looks to be in pain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Andre Schurrle is a biatch!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Kai Diego Omo Mr Costa supposed score.

Suleeeeeeeeeeeee What's the problem with this guy?

It's official, henceforth he should be off the bench. Rubbish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
You cant beat that header!

Matic got us in front.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gooooooaaaallll.

I'm listening to the game on radio.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
FBS: Kai Diego Omo Mr Costa supposed score.

Suleeeeeeeeeeeee What's the problem with this guy?

It's official, henceforth he should be off the bench. Rubbish.

If there's one dude you should be shooting now it has to be Andre Schurrle.

Had he buried his chance, we shoulda been two goals up by now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nihilist: Gooooooaaaallll.

I'm listening to the game on radio.

Why the radio man? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
Matic Magic. Goal.

Sule is a donkey. Why not allow Eden do his thing?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
AirborneLacer:

If there's one dude you should be shooting now it has to be Andre Schurrle.

Had he buried his chance, we shoulda been two goals up by now.
Agreed but Costa had his chance too.

Andre Suleiman is just pissing everybody off right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Why the radio man? cheesy

I'm on the late train home bros.

I'll probably catch 2nd half
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
FBS:
Agreed but Costa had his chance too.

Andre Suleiman is just pissing everybody off right now.

Half-time it is.

I'd glady sub Costa for Remy at this stage.

The monster needs some rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (19194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.