Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,731 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10432440 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (19108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
The sad thing about this whole Sterling situation is that some people here cannot see that Suarez and to a lesser extent Sturridge were the ones creating the space for Sterling by occupying defenders.

Why did Sterling look so average at the World Cup? Why does he look so average now?

There's no Suarez to open space for him.

Abi Na leg over dey constitute playmaker ability these days.

We keep saying that Oscar is not a Kagawa or Gotze. He's more in the mold of Rooney, Tevez, Muller.

He's a supporting striker who can cover ground tirelessly and has an eye for goal. He might not be a 'game changer', but he keeps going.

And you very rarely find a 10 that does that. Mata will give you the passing...but won't track back.

You claim you want to eliminate the 10 all together...but how many top teams successfully play a 4-3-3? I can only think of Barca and maybe Bayern and us Jose's first time round.

You can't play a successful 4-3-3 unless your front 3 are completely badass...because it's more difficult to link the midfield to attack.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by incredibleone: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:
The sad thing about this whole Sterling situation is that some people here cannot see that Suarez and to a lesser extent Sturridge were the ones creating the space for Sterling by occupying defenders.

Why did Sterling look so average at the World Cup? Why does he look so average now?

There's no Suarez to open space for him.

Abi Na leg over dey constitute playmaker ability these days.

We keep saying that Oscar is not a Kagawa or Gotze. He's more in the mold of Rooney, Tevez, Muller.

He's a supporting striker who can cover ground tirelessly and has an eye for goal. He might not be a 'game changer', but he keeps going.

And you very rarely find a 10 that does that. Mata will give you the passing...but won't track back.

You claim you want to eliminate the 10 all together...but how many top teams successfully play a 4-3-3? I can only think of Barca and maybe Bayern and us Jose's first time round.

You can't play a successful 4-3-3 unless your front 3 are completely badass...because it's more difficult to link the midfield to attack.

very right,very very right
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by incredibleone: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibime:

Nobody in their right-mind would accuse Sterling and Draxler of being unable to pass a ball, an allegation you have levelled against Oscar:

"The top player still" comment is based on his shooting technique which for a nigga who has never registered 12 goals in a season don't mean shyt!!!

In other words, Oscar is a rubbish passer who scores the occassional worldie.

Oscar's dire passing is unforgivable in his position and can never place him above any midfielder who can pass a ball, workrate being equal. Sterling and Draxler are miles ahead of Oscar.

The other two are instigators ie game changers. Oscar is a boat lifted by a rising tide. He cannot control or prompt anything, and would never lift a struggling team. He does not add anything to the attacking play. If he does not score 20 goals this season, he should be crucified. The last ninja playing AM in a Chelsea team this dominant scored 27 goals and 20 assists. Even Malouda scored nearly 20 goals. Oscar is just there plodding along.

The lesson has just started. Keep watching. If within 3 weeks, you can admit that the great Brazilian no10 can't pass for shyte, na only stronghead dey make you still dey yarn.

We would soon see if it is English hype that is lifting Sterling . . . . or Brazilian hype lifting a no10 who can't pass the ball to save his life.

One thing I know about Sterling when I started watching his game is that this is one of the only young wingers in Europe who is also a playmaker in thought and intelligence - the same kind of intelligence that Ribery exhibits from the wing.

Oscar on the other hand is a goat. Any ninja that compares them should be slapped and beaten.
sterling z a playmaker?? Jesus,infact jesus navas is very creative

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
AirborneLacer:

How has Sterling and Draxler lifted Liverpool and Schalke respectively?

Sterling stats this season in a crap team with no striker is the same or better than Oscar's. 3 goals and 2 assists each in the league.

Oscar in a great team scoring goals for fun, Raheem in a team that can't even find the back of the net.

Sterling and Draxler are the best players in their struggling teams - the only ones making anything happen.

And where was Oscar when Chelsea were struggling last season? On the bench!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:
Last season Sterling posted 81.7% pass completion in the league

Oscar posted 83.3

But Sterling is a much better passer

Yes, because from the wing, most of your passes are crosses which don't hit your man. Wingers have much lower percentage success than central midfielders, that's fact, nothing new. Raheem is a much better passer.

Check which of Oscar's passes are successful, it's those 10 yard passes with no pressure. Ramires also plays those passes and gets 85% regularly and no one calls him a decent passer.

As soon as Oscar has to release a man, everything overhit or underhit.

You discussing old news that Nateevs has already covered months ago - he was one of the first to tell us Oscar is a goat at passing, and one of the first to highlight Raheem's brilliance.

Oscar ko, Oscar ni.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
@Nitlad

Thanks for the tutorial. Appreciated.

@Ibime

I know you have sound knowledge of the game, but you are letting your dislike of Oscar get the better of you. And I don't even need stats to see Oscar is a far far better than Sterling and Draxler, especially Sterling. But Nihilist already presented stats that show that, even for Oscar's relatively poor passing, he is better in that department than Sterling.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibime:

Yes, because from the wing, most of your passes are crosses which don't hit your man. Wingers have much lower percentage success than central midfielders, that's fact, nothing new. Raheem is a much better passer.

Check which of Oscar's passes are successful, it's those 10 yard passes with no pressure. Ramires also plays those passes and gets 85% regularly and no one calls him a decent passer.

You discussing old news that Nateevs has already covered months ago - he was one of the first to tell us Oscar is a goat at passing, and one of the first to highlight Raheem's brilliance.

Oscar ko, Oscar ni.

Oga boss, in about 90 Mins, we'll see Sterling lift his team against Madrid. grin

We can all agree that Oscar is one of our better performers in Europe, no?

Sidenote: I'm obviously trolling.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
dawhizkid1:
@Nitlad
But Nihilist already presented stats that show that, even for Oscar's relatively poor passing, he is better in that department than Sterling.

And I responded thus:

Ibime:

All those cutbacks that Raheem regularly cuts back into the box after dribbling his man is what you are counting - nonsense stats.

Also Liverpool is a counterattacking team who break at fast pace. They don't pass easy passes in their half, they break quickly and release passes at speed. Last season, Coutinho only made 80% of his passes (lower than Raheem's 82%) - and every man and his dog knows Coutinho would pass Oscar to death.

Can you see Raheem through on goal with two men either side and overhit a pass as we've seen Oscar do 5 times in the last 3 weeks?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibime:

Oscar ko, Oscar ni.

Which wing?

Sterling played as a 10 behind Sturridge and Suarez most of last season.

Why else was there a cry to play Sterrling at 10 at the World Cup and Rooney on the left by the media.

Ibime stop lying.

SAS scored over 50 goals last season and Sterling only assisted 6 of them....a few of those assists are Penalties won sef...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibime:

And I responded thus:

All those cutbacks that Raheem regularly cuts back into the box after dribbling his man is what you are counting - nonsense stats.

Also Liverpool is a counterattacking team who break at fast pace. They don't pass easy passes in their half, they break quickly and release passes at speed. Last season, Coutinho only made 80% of his passes (lower than Raheem's 82%) - and every man and his dog knows Coutinho would pass Oscar to death.

Can you see Raheem through on goal with two men either side and overhit a pass as we've seen Oscar do 5 times in the last 3 weeks?

You and I know say all those 'he plays from the wing' excuse no count. I don't need Opta to know that Hazard has better passing stats that Oscar, for example. Doesn't he play from the wing too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:

Which wing?

Sterling played as a 10 behind Sturridge and Suarez most of last season.

Why else was there a cry to play Sterrling at 10 at the World Cup and Rooney on the left by the media.

Ibime stop lying.

And where did Coutinho play? Right back?

We know who is watching football and who is not.

Because Rodgers put Sterling at the tip of the diamond for the first time against United 3/4's way through the season and subsequently in a handful of big games, those who watch footie with one eye will claim Sterling played in the hole.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
dawhizkid1:

You and I know say all those 'he plays from the wing' excuse no count. I don't need Opta to know that Hazard has better passing stats that Oscar, for example. Doesn't he play from the wing too?

Give me another winger bar Hazard. You know Hazard is a precise mudafucka who doesn't even do crosses or cutbacks. He will dribble inside and lay the ball on your feet.

Go and fetch Jesus Navas stats for example.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibime:

Give me another winger bar Hazard. You know Hazard is a precise mudafucka who doesn't even do crosses or cutbacks. He will dribble inside and lay the ball on your feet.

Go and fetch Jesus Navas stats for example.

Why should I fetch Navas' stats? If you claim Sterling passes better than Oscar, then you're putting him in the same bracket as the Hazards and Robbens and Iniestas and the Neymars of the game.

He clearly falls waaaaaaay short.

To each his opinion, but Sterling is no where near Oscar's quality.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:
Nitlad why be say na anaconda clip you dey use for your example?

In fact, first question wey come my mind.
The hearts of men. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
dawhizkid1:

Why should I fetch Navas' stats? If you claim Sterling passes better than Oscar, then you're putting him in the same bracket as the Hazards and Robbens and Iniestas and the Neymars of the game.

He clearly falls waaaaaaay short.

To each his opinion, but Sterling is no where near Oscar's quality.

The joke of this post is that you think Oscar is only one step behind those names mentioned. Comparing ninjas who get shortlisted for Ballo D'or with a nigga who can't even make shortlist for Young player of the year in his local league.

Actually the comparison was on style of play - I'm saying Hazard is a more precise kind of winger. The same Robben you mentioned is on 82% in the Bundesliga, same numbers as Sterling.

I said Coutinho is on 80% in the same Liverpool team as Sterling and every dog knows he passes way better than Oscar. The question should be why Oscar is consistently posting the lowest numbers in the Chelsea team, a team that plays measured possession game. Do you think Sterling playing no10 for Chelsea would be having less accuracy than Schurrle and co?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:

This is the most sense you've made today. I've never considered Oscar a midfielder. I put him in the same mould of player as Muller. The difference is he is a "supporting striker". . . . who scores 10 goals a season. . . . with 3 assists.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Una dey watch this match?

Ronaldo seems to be a dressing room bully. Twice now, the guy has chanced Benzema and James Rodriguez on thier own ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Apart from the selling him part, which I cannot decide upon (because I still see potential and usefulness), Ibime is right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Liverpool resting players for Chelsea.

Who's the big boy here? grin grin grin

Them don forget UCL ni?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nihilist:
Nitlad why be say na anaconda clip you dey use for your example?
Bad Guy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Wey Bluediva and Torres2?

I just view the kain girls wey dey compete for Miss Nairaland, I'm sure our girls will put them to shame.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2014
Ibime:

I just view the kain girls wey dey compete for Miss Nairaland, I'm sure our girls will put them to shame.

Bluediva don become Mama na.. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bimfo:

Bluediva don become Mama na.. tongue

I don check out the ladies wey dey there na, most of 'em na mama dem be grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
The Way Courtois was looking for who to blame here. . .

https://vine.co/v/OOL3rwezOYE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ibime:

Odikwa Serious o. Even u sef go put all of them to shame if u decide to enter. All we go do is rub small pancake on your puff puff cheeks and wham bam your transformation is complete
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
Cech; Ivanovic, Terry, Zouma, Luís; Fàbregas, Matic, Schürrle, Willian, Hazard; Drogba..

Lets wrap Up this qualification!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chelsea subs v Maribor: Courtois, Cahill, Azpilicueta,
Ramires, Oscar, Salah, Diego Costa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
Specsavers Ref. . . Specsavers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
Drogba's 100th appearance in the Champions League
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funjosh(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
He Is the king

CFCfan:
Drogba's 100th appearance in the Champions League
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
I think Schurrle should have been the one off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (19108) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chidekings(m), andrewbaba44, nihilistjnr, raumdeuter, timbros(m), Itsrm(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.