Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? (12638 Views)

Tourist Guide Within Dalian Of Liaoning Province,china. / Help : In The Canada Permanent Resident,hw Can Sum1 Go About Province Nominee Form? / How Can I Study And Work In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
naijanelly...i did take delf,i hold first degree in french
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
i didnt i mean naijanelly
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
calebo101...u can go for french classes in naija to have basic knownledge later apply for further study in france.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Dfizie(m): 1:16am On May 01, 2012
@naijanelly, where re u learnin french nd au much does it cost?...
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Dfizie(m): 1:18am On May 01, 2012
@ dem76,where can one learn french in naija, so as to pass dis xams?
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 2:32am On May 01, 2012
naijanelly: @mrbrownjay do you live in Paris?

not living in Paris at the moment, but knows my city like the back of my hand.....je suis Francais, Parisien!

dem76: mrbrownjay...it is not that easy to study in paris and live outside.are u in paris?

i dont understand what you mean. what is so hard for you exactly? is it THAT difficult to spend 30/40mins on the RER every morning, in order to get cheaper accommodation?

when people speak of Paris they only look at the 20 arrondissements of Paris, while you have LA BANLIEUE PARISIENNE (aka Paris suburbs) which are very easily accessible by public transport.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 10:23am On May 01, 2012
mrbrownjay...Kindly tell us who u be...do not give naija people wrong...Have us study in France? where do u live in Paris...I worked in Paris for several month b4 i left to UK, There is no part of Paris that is new to me...My Job then has to do with with distriution of Magazine to people in their home outside Paris...It is not easy been a study and live their..I know whatam saying...stop given wrong info here pls...So that you wouldnt them in Trouble....ReR can not take any student directly to their University and if you think so Tell us the University Name and show the travel journey within Paris...I live in RCCG Headquater in Paris Very close to Drancy train stop
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 10:27am On May 01, 2012
Dfizie...where u can learn French depends on where u live in naija...i tink French Village is the best place to Learn French in Naija or u can go to Cotonou.
Regards
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 10:32am On May 01, 2012
All NL who is interested in goin to France to study...Do not listen to people who live illegal or Asylum Seekers advice in France...I nearly fall into their hand in France...Thank God for Pastor Afolayan advice and guildiance, The RCCG Mission Pastor to France.....Pls Becareful

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 10:33am On May 01, 2012
Mrbrownjay....u said u are a French nationality....This is a naija forum...could u tell us how do u get u French Nationality pls?
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2012
@dem76 pls gimme your contact, we need to talk.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 02, 2012
dem76: mrbrownjay...Kindly tell us who u be...do not give naija people wrong...Have us study in France? where do u live in Paris...I worked in Paris for several month b4 i left to UK, There is no part of Paris that is new to me...My Job then has to do with with distriution of Magazine to people in their home outside Paris...It is not easy been a study and live their..I know whatam saying...stop given wrong info here pls...So that you wouldnt them in Trouble....ReR can not take any student directly to their University and if you think so Tell us the University Name and show the travel journey within Paris...I live in RCCG Headquater in Paris Very close to Drancy train stop

i can see that some people are AGAIN talking nonsense on NL.......ok, so let me help you Dem76.
I was born in Paris suburbs (from 9ja parents), bred and educated in Paris, and there is NO REASON why i would give my 9ja brothas and sistas bad information about the place i call home. i have been on NL since 2009, and if you check ALL my past posts, you will realize that i am a strong advocate against scammers and all their cheap ways to defraud people. also, i am not selling anyone anything on here, i am just telling people that Paris is a great city to live in, when you actually know where to go (and stay away from the tourist trap areas).

it doesnt matter WHERE someone studies in Paris, they will always be an hour (at best) away from any suburbs of the city. you only take the RER because its faster to the center, if the school is not close to the RER station then change and take a metro connection, duh!!!!

btw as for where you lived, Drancy (RER B), it is about 15mins (or less) to Gare du Nord/Chatelet les halles.......from there, you can connect to ANY PLACE in Paris EASILY and fast!!!!!!!!!
public transport in Paris is SECOND TO NONE in the world, so educate yourself instead of telling people that living away from the city center is a scam. i come from such place!

as for you telling people that it is not easy to study there, simply because YOU failed............ if you were studying LEGALLY then you would not need to spend time delivering newspapers! i am sorry you had it rough in Paris, but if you've paid tuition to a proper UNI/school, have money to take care of yourself, then WHY would you even need the help of others that could take advantage of you?! you make no damn sense! you dont have to pay ANYBODY, just get your student visa and pay the school/uni DIRECTLY, et voila!

now my question to you would be: if you have a student visa then you should spend most of your time STUDYING. if you spend most of your time delivering newspaper then you are OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong, as this is the type of job broke illegal immigrants are known to do (as well as selling fake goods around Barbes). my advice is NOT for illegal immigrant, it is for people who have proper study visa or carte de séjour, who GENUINELY want to study.

la prochaine fois que tu viens en France, procure toi un titre de sejour VALABLE, et tu n'auras aucun soucis a te faire!!!!!
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 2:12am On May 02, 2012
mrbrownkay...i tink u are too far to the truth...Where is d job 4 foreigners in France? Mind u i stay in Paris 4 some months after my studies in Nantes later move Uk on HMSP Program.Tell us what type of job a student can do in France if distribution is wrong

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 3:35am On May 02, 2012
^^ legal students should NOT focus on work, and instead focus on STUDYING. i couldnt care less about how to find jobs because even French people cant get good jobs, let alone immigrants.....and if you just went to France to learn French, then no wonder you wont find any jobs. do you know how many people in France speak French?! if thats the only qualification you can bring to the table then you shouldnt be surprized if the only job you can find is delivering newspapers.....anyway, lets not derail this thread, which is about STUDYING in Paris or Province.

also the BEST way to learn French is to immerse yourself in the country, and SPEAK FRENCH all day everyday. if you need to be surrounded with English speaking people then you will not learn as quick as when everyone around you speaks French ONLY. Paris is the best city to learn French, its bigger, more things to do, more things to discover, more opportunities to meet others like you who want to learn French, more support for tourist/students etc, better structures, more choices of school, better schools. the difference between Paris and tiny Nantes is like comparing Lagos and Ibadan, lol!
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2012
@dem76 pls gimme your contact !
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 6:04am On May 03, 2012
mrbrownkay...do i argue that Nantes is bigger that Paris? Meanwhile u are wrong if u tink the best place to study French is Paris where u have alot Foreigners and naija that speaks English,ur option of French in Paris is wrong.U said i dont need to work..lol..y? I worked with Total in Nantes,do u know how much my parents spent on my study in France? I study French in naija,i thank God French Embassy in naija recognise me.tell us who recognise u...U dont have best advise u simply because u said u are aFrench man...i know one of ur parents must have use French to get French paper...or tell us how come u are a French.I am highly recommended in French Embassy and RCCG France...Tell us who recognise u...lol...check 4 me face Ademola Kasali,i live in Manchester,UK

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 6:15am On May 03, 2012
naijanelly...send me ur email or facebook account or u can add me on facebook.my name is ADEMOLA KASALI,live in Manchester,Uk..but send a msg as a U know me in nairaland because i dont just accept straight people on my FB.Thank God that u are at FRANCE CAMMPUS 4 now
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 03, 2012
dem76: mrbrownkay...do i argue that Nantes is bigger that Paris? Meanwhile u are wrong if u tink the best place to study French is Paris where u have alot Foreigners and naija that speaks English,ur option of French in Paris is wrong.U said i dont need to work..lol..y? I worked with Total in Nantes,do u know how much my parents spent on my study in France? I study French in naija,i thank God French Embassy in naija recognise me.tell us who recognise u...U dont have best advise u simply because u said u are aFrench man...i know one of ur parents must have use French to get French paper...or tell us how come u are a French.I am highly recommended in French Embassy and RCCG France...Tell us who recognise u...lol...check 4 me face Ademola Kasali,i live in Manchester,UK

man, a bigger city bring better opportunities, if you could only find a newspaper delivery job in a MEGA city like Paris,then what kind of job do you really expect anyone to get in tiny bitty Nantes?! use what you have between your ears pls. the fact that there are a lot of foreigners in Paris is irrelevant because we all know that most French people DONT like to speak English.......and will answer you in French, even if they understand what you are saying. as for meeting Nigerians, why would anyone want to do that? thats the last person any Nigerian should hope to meet in France. go meet locals, go out with them, let them show you around etc. meeting Nigerians will only be a set back as you will probably do what THEY do, speak English all day and never discover anything.

also, dont misquote me pls, i said a student should concentrate on STUDYING, not delivering newspapers. you are going on about doing menial work, while i am trying to make you understand that the whole issue is about PARIS being a great city to live in and study. if your advices to prospective students from Nigeria is to stay away from Paris because YOU could only get a newspaper job, then i am sorry to say YOU ARE WRONG.

as for who recognized you, lol, you had me in tears. NO EMBASSy staff would ever send you to do such nasty job, NONE. you were "recognized" yet you couldnt even get a decent job in France from the people who "recognized" you?! bwaaaah, pls dont make a fool of yourself!!! YOU failed, stop trying to use YOUR failure to get a decent job, to stop genuine people from moving to Paris.
my views are NOT from ONE failed experience (like yours), its about the FACT that i know my city, and anyone can find cheap accommodation in Paris suburbs, so long as they have the money.

.......and why would you want me to have ANY contacts with the French Embassy?! i only deal with the Consulate, duh!
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 11:23am On May 03, 2012
mrbrownkay...what is ur problem about what i do as a student in France? Do u mean is wrong to be frank?I have a right to work part-time...ok tell us what u do in France and where u work? How do u or ur parents get their French Nationality? Which consular do u know?I will understand u better if u can answer those questions perfectly.I dont know any Embassy staff point of correction, mind i am not a failure in France,i successfully complete my study later relocate to UK ...i got my UK HSMP Visa From Paris after my studies...Check me out on Facebook,i know u can never declare urself online
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 03, 2012
^^^ what you did as a student in Paris, is what you are using to discourage people from moving to the city.....and i am just telling you that your inabilities to get a good job is NOT a reason to claim that its a bad idea to move to study in Paris.

again, where i live NOW or what i do NOW is irrelevant when talking about studying and finding cheap accommodation in Paris......... i only mentioned that i was French so that you understood where my extensive knowledge of Paris came from, but i can clearly understand that my nationality is a problem to you....why do you keep asking me questions about my nationality or that of my parent (while i've already stated it), instead of focusing on the subject at hand?!

bro, you are the one who brought embassy and rccg (or whatever) as references to what you were saying. does it have any weight on the issue at hand? nope! so i simply made you understand that I or any French citizen has absolutely NO need to go into any French embassy, unless he works there.

you went to Paris and due to your experiences there, you come on NL and claim that life in Paris is not easy for students.....so i am safe to say that your stay in Paris was NOT a successful one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

man, a bigger city bring better opportunities, if you could only find a newspaper delivery job in a MEGA city like Paris,then what kind of job do you really expect anyone to get in tiny bitty Nantes?! use what you have between your ears pls. the fact that there are a lot of foreigners in Paris is irrelevant because we all know that most French people DONT like to speak English[b].......and will answer you in French, even if they understand what you are saying. as for meeting Nigerians, why would anyone want to do that? thats the last person any Nigerian should hope to meet in France. go meet locals, go out with them, let them show you around etc. meeting Nigerians will only be a set back as you will probably do what THEY do, speak English all day and never discover anything[/b].

also, dont misquote me pls, i said a student should concentrate on STUDYING, not delivering newspapers. you are going on about doing menial work, while i am trying to make you understand that the whole issue is about PARIS being a great city to live in and study. if your advices to prospective students from Nigeria is to stay away from Paris because YOU could only get a newspaper job, then i am sorry to say YOU ARE WRONG.

as for who recognized you, lol, you had me in tears. NO EMBASSy staff would ever send you to do such nasty job, NONE. you were "recognized" yet you couldnt even get a decent job in France from the people who "recognized" you?! bwaaaah, pls dont make a fool of yourself!!! YOU failed, stop trying to use YOUR failure to get a decent job, to stop genuine people from moving to Paris.
my views are NOT from ONE failed experience (like yours), its about the FACT that i know my city, and anyone can find cheap accommodation in Paris suburbs, so long as they have the money.

.......and why would you want me to have ANY contacts with the French Embassy?! i only deal with the Consulate, duh!

OP, Don't start looking to make friends with Nigerians, You might regret it. Go with the locals, just like the poster suggested..and make use of your internet to find things out yourself..Naija's there might put you in trouble, bad influence i tell you. Only start making friends (if you want) with them(Naija, camerron, senegal) when you must have learnt the system.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2012
@dem76 I've added you on facebook, my email is nelly2brad@gmail.com

@brown so you mean a student shouldn't do odd jobs to support himself? Or you think its everyone that wants to depend on their parents forever? Sorry to say dem76 sounds more realistic than you. Like you said you were born in Paris, we are immigrants we can't be the same. And you said even french people can't get jobs, that's because they aren't willing to do some jobs we Africans can do.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:29pm On May 04, 2012
I know thousand of people People are followig this topic...Nigerians are always far far from saying the truth..that is major challenging the country is facing....My Question to Mrbrownkay are : Where is the good job in France? And who are they given the Good Job to? Do u know how Nigerians are suffering in That Country? Mrbrownkay opinion is hidin...Stop deceiving people...who is he? How does he got French Nationality? who is he gangan? are u Lagbaja or what?

I thank God
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:33pm On May 04, 2012
Vikin:

OP, Don't start looking to make friends with Nigerians, You might regret it. Go with the locals, just like the poster suggested..and make use of your internet to find things out yourself..Naija's there might put you in trouble, bad influence i tell you. Only start making friends (if you want) with them(Naija, camerron, senegal) when you must have learnt the system.

Vikin...it is true and when they are aware that you have what they are struggling for ....Thanks
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 04, 2012
naijanelly:
@brown so you mean a student shouldn't do odd jobs to support himself? Or you think its everyone that wants to depend on their parents forever? Sorry to say dem76 sounds more realistic than you. Like you said you were born in Paris, we are immigrants we can't be the same. And you said even french people can't get jobs, that's because they aren't willing to do some jobs we Africans can do.

sista, use your brain, what has finding a job IN PARIS got to do with LIVING there? the guy was "supposedly" living in Nantes and he is praising that city, yet he couldnt find a decent job there and had to go to Paris to do some illegal job in order to raise some funds (if Nantes is/was so much "better" as he claims, then why didnt he stay there and find a decent job there then?! duh!)

you gotta FOCUS on what exactly you NEED, and then tell us exactly that, and maybe someone with the right knowledge will be able to assist you. you asked for best study location, and i gave you that. you now want JOB, ok let me help you with that also: you see, with the opening of the European frontiers, many people from the countries such as Poland/Czech republic etc are flooding Western Europe. so if you think that you will easily find a GOOD job simply because you are an African then you best wake up FAST. there is a huge difference between a GOOD job, a DECENT job and an ILLEGAL/BLACK job. most able bodied people can get a DECENT job, but finding a GOOD job might be quite different.....as for ILLEGAL jobs, well, if you want to work twice as much for half the salary (like Dem) then so be it. newspaper delivery is just that, work at the dead of night/dawn, carrying heavy loads of newspaper, going up and down stairs while getting paid peanuts, because there will always be a desperate illegal immigrant to replace you.

if you have legal student status then you can work for a few hrs LEGALLY in France, so i suggest you go and register at ANPE (employment agency) or at an Interim agency (part time work agencies) and ONLY accept DECENT jobs from them, like waitress/Kitchen help/store assistant/manutention/hotellerie etc, that pays €9/hr minimum (under the law, no one can pay you any less than that). if you dont speak French then it will be harder for you to find any employment and you will be at the mercy of the illegal employers (aka newspaper delivery, construction work, ashewoism etc)

now remember, the smaller the town, the less available jobs there will be, so being in a city like Nantes, automatically means that your chances of finding a decent job are next to IMPOSSIBLE. so again, Paris is the best city whether you want to study, or you want to study and possibly find a job.

here is one of the 1000s of website that offers part time work in France: http://www.pole-emploi.fr/accueil/

@Dem
we can clearly see from your last post that your only problem is that i am French. i am sorry that this issue is hurting you that much. dot let that get in the way of progress..... and take my advices on this thread as a helping hand for Nigerians. if my nationality automatically dismisses my claims then so be it. lol

****MBJ bows out of this discussion******

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by VOfficialR(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2012
@MRbrownJAY 'm a fan.... I've intentionally searched you out and read almost every single one of your post... from your journey across 'almost' across every neighbourhood in the universe to your vast knowledge and contributions to different topics. I actually dunno know how u doin it bt tz "super"- If you were to be a colleague in movie script writing, i might havent wantd u as a friend coz u definitely gonna cart' away bosses...
hmm.... wat in God's name 'm i saying.... dunno mind me tories, jes dat me feel ur expertise 'l really b appreciated in a decision 'm bout making... i'm about going for a trinational, trilanguage (Duetsche, Francosize und Englische). Ich Spreche gut Duetsche aber ich konnen sie lernen Francosize. Dunno mind me joor, 'm working on getting high"" in meine Duetsche and i really need French. Although, i was initially thinking of going to Montpellier or Bordeaux for total immersion but imma rethink after reading ur post. I will really appreciate ur contact (email). i was never a member here on NL till few minutes ago when i saw the need to contact. I hope my decision of subscribing isnt a bad idea :S.
Oh... n' should i address u as a sir? ur exposure is more or less other people's infatuation... u should start a church or som'n tongue
n... sowiee buh i think u shouldnt try to prove ur point to everyone, not many people see it in ur dimension
**meine Englische ist kaputt. lol.

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 8:03pm On May 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

sista, use your brain, what has finding a job IN PARIS got to do with LIVING there? the guy was "supposedly" living in Nantes and he is praising that city, yet he couldnt find a decent job there and had to go to Paris to do some illegal job in order to raise some funds (if Nantes is/was so much "better" as he claims, then why didnt he stay there and find a decent job there then?! duh!)

you gotta FOCUS on what exactly you NEED, and then tell us exactly that, and maybe someone with the right knowledge will be able to assist you. you asked for best study location, and i gave you that. you now want JOB, ok let me help you with that also: you see, with the opening of the European frontiers, many people from the countries such as Poland/Czech republic etc are flooding Western Europe. so if you think that you will easily find a GOOD job simply because you are an African then you best wake up FAST. there is a huge difference between a GOOD job, a DECENT job and an ILLEGAL/BLACK job. most able bodied people can get a DECENT job, but finding a GOOD job might be quite different.....as for ILLEGAL jobs, well, if you want to work twice as much for half the salary (like Dem) then so be it. newspaper delivery is just that, work at the dead of night/dawn, carrying heavy loads of newspaper, going up and down stairs while getting paid peanuts, because there will always be a desperate illegal immigrant to replace you.

if you have legal student status then you can work for a few hrs LEGALLY in France, so i suggest you go and register at ANPE (employment agency) or at an Interim agency (part time work agencies) and ONLY accept DECENT jobs from them, like waitress/Kitchen help/store assistant/manutention/hotellerie etc, that pays €9/hr minimum (under the law, no one can pay you any less than that). if you dont speak French then it will be harder for you to find any employment and you will be at the mercy of the illegal employers (aka newspaper delivery, construction work, ashewoism etc)

now remember, the smaller the town, the less available jobs there will be, so being in a city like Nantes, automatically means that your chances of finding a decent job are next to IMPOSSIBLE. so again, Paris is the best city whether you want to study, or you want to study and possibly find a job.

here is one of the 1000s of website that offers part time work in France: http://www.pole-emploi.fr/accueil/

@Dem
we can clearly see from your last post that your only problem is that i am French. i am sorry that this issue is hurting you that much. dot let that get in the way of progress..... and take my advices on this thread as a helping hand for Nigerians. if my nationality automatically dismisses my claims then so be it. lol

****MBJ bows out of this discussion******
we can see? I got no problem with wheither u hold German passport or French...but a true French man will never say someone is a failure.Do u know me? That pose a question to ur French Nationality...All fake info u are given on Job France is not true...meanwhile u are unable to declare ur true identity here.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Jalal(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2012
@mrbrownjay and dem, arrete vous conneries! U guys are derailing d thread already! Both of u raised good points and gave sound advice. I don't see why u have to spoil it all by mudslinging!
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 9:14pm On May 05, 2012
Jalal: @mrbrownjay and dem, arrete vous conneries! U guys are derailing d thread already! Both of u raised good points and gave sound advice. I don't see why u have to spoil it all by mudslinging!
Jalal...i appreciate ur comment and observation...it is wrong and unacceptable to say ur fellow nigeria is a failure as Mrbrown believe...a true French man i know we never say such a statement...My opinion for MrBROWNKAY is to give info that is realistic.

1 Like

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by VOfficialR(m): 9:24pm On May 05, 2012
well... apart from obsession for perfection, i think he said a Nigerian- holding a French passport coz he was born in France...

2.0. i think ur argument is cute- at least we get loads of info... --i stand to be corrected or even scolded... hmmm undecided
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by bezimo(m): 10:28pm On May 05, 2012
@Ademola Kasali, I have sent you a message on facebook.I plan to study in france, Nantes for a masters programme.How do you advice i prepare myself.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 3:37pm On May 11, 2012
bezimo: @Ademola Kasali, I have sent you a message on facebook.I plan to study in france, Nantes for a masters programme.How do you advice i prepare myself.

Kindly send a msg that you are friend fron NL...i will accept it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Luxembourg Enquiries. / NRC to test run Lagos-Abeokuta rail line early February / Tragedy As Ambulance Kills Three In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.