Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century (1357 Views)

10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / What Must They Have Done To Deserve This In This 21st Century?where In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by ConcernMan: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
I was walking in trafalgar square yesterday with some of my school friends(whites). A man walked by and asked me of direction. After showing him the way, he thanked me and left. This man had a very very thick tribal mark on his face and judging from him accent I presume he must be a yoruba man. My friends asked me why he had a 'Cat' mark on his face. I replied that it was one of the cultural traits we have in my country(Nigeria). I told them that it is used to beautify new born babies(correct me if I'm wrong). They asked me whether this custom still persist in this era? To the best of my knowledge I don't know I told them that I'm not too sure. Guy what do you think? Children born in this contemporary world are they still being given tribal marks?
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
I have tribal marks and i gave them to my children too, so there. angry
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ninilowo(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2012
noooooooooo!!!! Marks aare not for beautification buh as a means of identification especially durin yoruba inter tribal wars.
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by valenlabella(f): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2012
Any one who gives their children tribal marks in this day and age is committing child abuse in my opinion.
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:51am On Apr 26, 2012
^shhut up. your opinion is that of a petty slave and you need to be beaten up and sent to the dark corner on a diet of bread and water.
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ptolomeus(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
Christians do not make their babies?
Did not mark them for life when without the consent of the baby (future rational being) is baptized in this ridiculous act of wetting the head of an innocent?
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ptolomeus(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2012
Jews mutilate boys cutting a piece of his pen.is ...
Nobody criticizes that?
He criticizes the traditional religions of animal sacrifices, the Jews do it too, but nobody criticizes the Jews.

Doublespeak! blindness! stupid!
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by valenlabella(f): 8:53pm On May 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^shhut up. your opinion is that of a petty slave and you need to be beaten up and sent to the dark corner on a diet of bread and water.

It's obvious you need professional help...I'm entitled to my own opinion just like everyone else is and if you don't like it: PISS OFF AND SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ptolomeus(m): 9:25pm On May 02, 2012
valen la bella:

It's obvious you need professional help...I'm entitled to my own opinion just like everyone else is and if you don't like it: PISS OFF AND SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is possible
But what I have not the slightest doubt that you, besides being a rude and an ordinary, has a mental problem.
Were you born of a cabbage? You did not have parents to teach education?
Your nick is beautiful ... mostly for a man ...
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Fulaman198(m): 5:34pm On May 03, 2012
I don't see a problem with ethnic marks, why do people still use this word tribal?
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ptolomeus(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2012
I can not understand what is being criticized in this thread?
Jews circumcise their children.
The Islamists do cover the faces of women.
Christians wet their heads of their children and thus mark them for life.
A few of these religions consider them "more civilized" than the Africans.
Why not also criticize those things?
Will it be that the Islamic and European invasions to Africa have generated a sense of submission to these cultures?
The African is still a slave to his fears and his past?
This is due to contempt for all that is tradition in Africa?
Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Ptolomeus(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2012
Fulaman198: I don't see a problem with ethnic marks, why do people still use this word tribal?
Excellent appreciation dear friend.
I guess that "tribal" is somewhat derogatory to say "ethnic"

1 Like

Re: Will You Give Your Child Tribal Mark In This 21st Century by Fulaman198(m): 6:19am On May 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Excellent appreciation dear friend.
I guess that "tribal" is somewhat derogatory to say "ethnic"

Thank you my brother

(1) (Reply)

Dreadlocks, Good Or Bad? / Signs That Your Childhood Was Lame. / 7 Common Words Used By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.