Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully (60625 Views)

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments / The Role Of Land Surveyors In Nigerian Real Estate / Fraudulent Land Sale, What Do I Do To Get My Money Back From The Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by honmusa(m): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2012
@werepeLeri,Is there any know device other than GPS that is take co-ordinate?Enlighten us the layman instead of rubbishing another man attempt

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
@weleriperi grin a raw nerve was brushed was it not?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by bomega4u(m): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
werepeLeri: I am a Surveyor and I must tell you all you have written above is gibberish. Most of the atrocities you have tried to highlight above are actually carried out by fake lawyers who have turned from court room lawyers to charge and bail lawyers and land speculators. Most of your insinuations are false. - Example - using GPS to get coordinates, this is totally wrong, not allowed and untrue. If you say people should use GPS to get coordinates, then you are indirectly promoting fake practice.

You also mentioned about people having software to read coordinates from - while you are not totally right there, there is nothing wrong in accurately getting coordinates of plots or boundary points off satellite Imagery which I think is what you are referring to.

As per putting free from government acquisition stamps - please note that this is not mandatory on all surveys - do your research very well, and because a land is not free from government acquisition does not mean you are buying a fake property or that your surveyor is fake - please research into what happens to you when your property is under government acquisition.

A beacon is not a stone - please this is hilarious - you need more research. You dont produce the survey before the beacons and numbers are placed, it is the other way round. LOL

Back dating - there is a legal reason for back dating survey plans - dont make it seem like all back dated plans are rubbish. You too get mouth.

It is a shame that you speak so deceitfully about a profession that is one of the oldest in Nigeria - every profession has bad people - if I research into you properly, I am sure I will find out you are a rubbish lawyer as well.

We will also do an expose on lawyers - including the hungry, charge and bail lawyers, the ones who will ask for money before they hear your brief, the ones whose white collar shirts are as dirty as my butt, the ones who fake documents and many more.

Very interesting!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
LOL.

So many funny people in here.

@Lightheart - you are right - I am still in Year 1 studying Surveying. Effing Rookie - whats your own? Effing eediot? What do you know? My parents are already proud of me- worry about yourself. People like you are so daft to use words that only describe yourself.

Poster. - There is no battle to fight. Your use of words in the article says it all - you have a grouse with Surveyors, Quack, Fake or Registered. You portrayed Surveyors - Fake, Quack or Registered - you portrayed them all as scammers.

So if a Surveyor comes to you - or you go to one- you will be asking him for his credentials? That's what you want your readers to do - is that how people ask for your credentials before they engage you in your legal practice? Yes, there are Quack Surveyors, the profession knows about them, but then, how do you define a quack? Because he hasnt stepped a University? So he is a scammer because he is not registered? Or because he is an OND/HND graduate who is not registered yet - automatically, by your "expose" - you should not deal with him? LOL

If a Surveyor is resides in Lagos and has an office in Ogun - it is allowed, if "quacks" do the work in Ogun and take to him to sign - there is nothing wrong with that.

What is the meaning of the statement below?

""""most of them have the software of Coordinates of the whole Lagos on their computers and they do the mapping there, they will just compare the coordinates with the ones on their system and forget that since it’s a software, its being upgraded everyday. """" I never know Softwares get upgraded "daily"

For those who has the brain enough to think - NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU. NOT EVERY SO CALLED QUACK SURVEYOR HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS AS DESCRIBED.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hmm, this sends shivers down my spine. What kind of country is this. Lawyer, well done for the unsolicited expose'. What are your details, perhaps we can talk at an opportuned time. I need some serious armour.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
uNDER NUMBER 10-

You have posted two survey plans signed by Fellows of the Nigeria Institution of Surveyors - Respected Surveyors in Nigeria - Surveyor Akinola and Surveyor Adeniji. You have written on the plans saying they are incorrect plans. I have copied these write up and the plans and sent them to the respected surveyors - FNIS - maybe they will have some words with you on this write up.

Your write up also makes it seem like Surveyors are there when you buy your property. No - you buy your property by yourself, then you call in a Surveyor to do the document for you. Simple as ABCD. Surveyors dont sell land, they are not in the business of selling, you buy your own lot and they come in to work for you. Not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by occam(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL.

So many funny people in here.

@Lightheart - you are right - I am still in Year 1 studying Surveying. Effing Rookie - whats your own? Effing eediot? What do you know? My parents are already proud of me- worry about yourself. People like you are so daft to use words that only describe yourself.

Poster. - There is no battle to fight. Your use of words in the article says it all - you have a grouse with Surveyors, Quack, Fake or Registered. You portrayed Surveyors - Fake, Quack or Registered - you portrayed them all as scammers.

So if a Surveyor comes to you - or you go to one- you will be asking him for his credentials? That's what you want your readers to do - is that how people ask for your credentials before they engage you in your legal practice? Yes, there are Quack Surveyors, the profession knows about them, but then, how do you define a quack? Because he hasnt stepped a University? So he is a scammer because he is not registered? Or because he is an OND/HND graduate who is not registered yet - automatically, by your "expose" - you should not deal with him? LOL

If a Surveyor is resides in Lagos and has an office in Ogun - it is allowed, if "quacks" do the work in Ogun and take to him to sign - there is nothing wrong with that.

""""most of them have the software of Coordinates of the whole Lagos on their computers and they do the mapping there, they will just compare the coordinates with the ones on their system and forget that since it’s a software, its being upgraded everyday. """" I never know Softwares get upgraded "daily"

For those who has the brain enough to think - NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU. NOT EVERY SO CALLED QUACK SURVEYOR HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS AS DESCRIBED.

Oh you're still in University and can tell us that the write up is inaccurate? Why don't you graduate first, work for 2 - 3 yrs and give us your own tips.

The OP is making us aware of potential pitfalls in the land buying process. Nothing wrong with that. Also he clearly stated it's fraudulent surveyors not all surveyors.

Abeg we're all here to learn. Buying land in Lagos is like crossing a shark infested water. One of the most stressful exercise. You have to watch out for Omoniles, fraudulent lawyers, surveyors and even sellers. So we want to learn

You can enrich this discussion by clarifying these:
- you said a Beacon is not a stone' so what's it?
- Why should I accept a backdated plan?
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by princeonx: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
This is one simple thing (property deeds) I did by myself in less than 2 hours when I bought my house! But in naija it's a whole different story! Na only God go help and save us for that Country!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by cooldudeng(m): 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
I usually don't do this and I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way. Lawyer's post is explanatory, he wasn't attacking any profession. I wonder why the poster took it personal? Poster, please re-read the post, but try and be objective this time.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by joinnow: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
The Barrister,
Please ignore that Comment from Wei..............
You should recall that even our lord Jesus has enemy despite all his good work and miracle.
As far as I know I have learn a lot from your previous and recent post keep doing your good work for Us.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by IykeD(m): 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
I see...interesting, I will reserve my comment for now!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 12:37am On Apr 25, 2012
Gentlemen,
I wan to implore YOU ALL to please guard your tongues!

Be "eager to listen but slow to speak", in any 'engagement' between two people!

It is only "fanatics" (be it religious or social) that fight on behalf of others.

I would have loved it if you guys try to create "an understanding" between the two parties (Lawyer and Werepeleri) instead of "fueling the fire" like primary school kids!
shocked

What Lawyer wrote is very informative especially to those who are completely unaware (as in the general public here) of this scams but at the same time, l guess as professionals, we all develop a kind of "negative feeling" when our profession is being taken to the cleaners (am not blaming Lawyer for this, l blame those who bring the profession into disrepute)

There is a Yoruba adage which l will give a literal translation, just for brevity: "If they accuse you (in the market place), of defecating and not cleaning your butt, how many people would you be able and willing to open and expose your butt to, to prove that the accusation is false?"

Read the "you", as "Surveyors", in this context! This is where l think 'Werepeleri' got ticked-off grin grin
But l am sure Lawyer means no harm.
I want to use this opportunity to appeal to both "Lawyer and Werepeleri", PLEASE, lets bury the hatchet, let us be gentlemen on this forum.

Particularly, l want Lawyer to be "large-hearted" and understand where the gentleman is coming from!
I am sure if l did an article on the "scams of Medical Doctors", not all Doctors will welcome me with a handshake simply because most of them so cherish and worked hard to be wherever they are, in that profession today; they would "easily" get offended!
Ditto other professionals as well.

Finally, let all of us who are the beneficiary of such exposee not be too eager to pick sides just because we love freebies!
It simply makes us appear as ignorant opportunists.

@Lawyer: Thank you for your efforts, no-how-no-how, it has enlightened a lot of people. Be calm.
@Werepeleri: Please, calm down and see this in the light of "public interest and no harm intended".

Cheers.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by calculusx(m): 12:51am On Apr 25, 2012
@ OP. Thanks so much for this write-up. I read through it with my survey plans right in front of me and im sure someone will be locked up this week grin cos only ONE out of all my surveys checks out except for "Land is free from govt. acquisition stamp". NO SUCH STAMP ON ALL OF THEM.

Lawyer,please can you expatiate further on whether all survey plan must have the stamp "Land is free from govt. acquisition" or "Land is NOT free from govt. acquisition" or NO STAMP AT ALL.

@ werepeleri, no man is an iota of knowledge and you can impact positively on this thread too. Pls can you tell NLs reason why survey plans are always been back dated and what are the consequences cos from the OP's write up, Mr. A bought a Land in 2005, receipt and deed of agreement shows 2005,why would survey plan show 1999. Pls your contribution will be appreciated cos i cant sleep oooo grin grin grin. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lawyer(m): 1:04am On Apr 25, 2012
@WerepeLeri

Please grow up And change your contact Lens. The title says it all. Fraudulent Land surveyors! Emphasis on 'Fraudulent'. My best friend is a land surveyor. My closest Land Adviser is a Land surveyor and they all read these article before i posted it. How come none of them are complaining or the thousands of surveyors on nairaland reading this article silently. So if you write an article on Fraudulent Lawyers i should be angry that you have abused all lawyers When i know am not fraudulent? undecided smh*

Simple answer. YES! Any time i get a call from a Nairalander the first time, the first question i am asked is' ( Are you a real Lawyer? and i answer yes and next question, do you have an office? and where is it? i tell them the address and they ask, can they book a meeting with me? i say yes they are free). Some ask me when i graduated from law school, i tell them and some ask for my certificates i send it to them and its hanging in my office or my wallet so that they can cross check at the Supreme court book of rolls or the local NBA branch. There is nothing to hide.

So i ask you the same question. You claim to be a surveyor! Can you state your credentials and why we should take you serious as one or why we should even remotely listen or read any advise you give us here?

Also what makes a Surveyor a Land scammer is when he does something fraudulent to deprive a property owner from enjoying his property properly due to certain errors and omissions that he should be quite aware would cause distress to a client and not do anything to rectify it and most of the top ten reasons i put there are done by QUACK surveyors and i can point to a few i know personally.I pointed out to Nairalanders that they should deal more with Registered Surveyors who are members of SURCON Because they are more experienced and they have a regulatory body that can sanction erring members.

What liability does a OND/HND Surveyor have when he has committed a blunder that has cost the buyer over a 1Million naira? Please once again grow up with your criticisms and read the article properly before you make assumptions.

If i was taking you seriously before, i think after this statement you must be on a very wonderful quality of Crack and you have proven to be A PROMOTER OF QUACKS IN THE SURVEYING PROFESSION AND SURCON SHOULD TRACE YOU OUT AND DEAL WITH YOU ETHICALLY angry

The number 1 scam by these quack surveyors is running around doing sketches and taking it to registered Surveyors who would not do any search on the property they have just surveyed and sign on it.A proper responsible Registered surveyor will do due diligence, investigate the coordinates properly before appendixing his signature or stamp to that Survey plan brought by either his colleague or a Quack. Do you know the number of surveyors that i have fought with over this nonsense?

Why would a registered surveyor just collect a Survey plan and appendix his signature to something he doesnt know about. Does that sound right to you? Do you think another lawyer can just bring over a document that i should attest to without me knowing the content? Isnt that grossly irresponsible and ethically wrong? I have scores of survey plans signed by 2 Registered surveyors named witheld in the Ajah environs and all these lands fall under the proposed coastal road that they signed and stamped as 'FREE FROM GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION' and town planning have been marking their houses for demolition.

When the yawa gassed were they not begging that it would lead to their suspension, financial ruin and legal problems. Only if they had checked the coordinates properly before they signed these survey plans brought to them by these Quacks. Instead of you to condemn this rubbish, your here encouraging it. Please dont even say any thing anymore to further dent your image and annoying Nairalanders. How can you come here to endorse such rubbish? I dont suffer fools gladly or fraudsters and for you to endorse that, maybe your the Quack i am telling the whole world to avoid. Do you know how much i lost personally because of that and how the lands became a big problem on my neck because i couldnt get a consent or approved building plan? *smh*

FYI Everyday new excisions are granted to communities every day and Gazettes published and such excisions must be reflected in the master plan and when Surveyors chart the coordinates in their office, they also have to double check at the Surveyor General's office to make sure they are in tandem. So the softwares am talking about is the ones Surveyors have on their computer where they can chart it directly.

I dont know why am arguing with this ****. I have promised not to engage in any online battle with any one no matter how hard am pushed but For that silly statement you made i have lost any iota of respect i have for you and you can continue encouraging such malfeasance until SURCON and or the law catches up with you! Finally if you had any brains at all and you check the coordinates of the survey plans if truely your a surveyor that i said are defective you will find out that those lands are either under Government acquisition or committed.

And for you to say NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU Shows your a confirmed Quack! angry Is a Quack not a scammer trying to pretend what he is not to con people to think he or she is an expert in that chosen field? How can you come to Nairaland to endorse such rubbish when we are fighting to get raid of such people or denounce such statements? In fact i would advise every Nairalander to take your statements with a pinch of salt and beware of you because of your endorsement of quacks and your probably one because only a quack will recognize another quack!

Please your advised to govern yourself accordingly or disappear into the night quietly unless with the permission of the administrator of Nairaland you will be sanctioned because we dont want your type here. Constructive criticisms are allowed but Scammers, Quacks and their endorsers are not encouraged on Nairaland property Forums! angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 1:24am On Apr 25, 2012
"Sometimes, being UNDERSTANDING is more important than being RIGHT....

Sometimes, we need not a BRILLIANT MIND that SPEAKS but a PATIENT HEART that LISTENS....

Not KEEN EYES that sees FAULTS but OPEN ARMS that ACCEPTS.....

Not a FINGER that POINTS OUT MISTAKES but GENTLE HANDS that LEADS...."

Even in victory, let us be magnanimous!

Am l speaking to someone here?
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by dnative(m): 2:25am On Apr 25, 2012
This is not a long thing. The original post is obviously educative and helpful information (don't take my word for it, feedbacks from other posters speak), another wants to counter what has been posted without himself posting any meaningful insight into the topic at hand.

No begging anyone on this matter - oro ebe o sele. If you have anything good to post to help anyone understand land survey matters, better post, if not, make room for those who have time to post. At the end of the day, it is still up to individual readers to take on board any posted information and use to your advantage or disadvantage. No be rocket science ke.

If the other poster has as much informative facts, let him post in details or forever hold peace. 'Bo le ya ko ya'
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by DAVIDAREMITA: 5:59am On Apr 25, 2012
Where can i verify the survey of my property in Oke -Aro area of Ifo local govt. Ogun state. I didnt have this knowledge when i bought the land and i didnt do any of this check when the survey was provided.

Where can i verify the survey in my hand pls? its a property in OKE ARO AREA OF IFO LOCAL GOVT. OGUN STATE
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lightheart(m): 6:20am On Apr 25, 2012
werepeLeri:

For those who has the brain enough to think - NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU. .

Catchy phrase of the year. An ad campaign person looking to brew a storm would fall in love with this.

No plenti mata for the levels. OGAJUST GIVE US POINTERS TO HOW WE CAN AVOID FRAUDULENT ACTS. SIMPLES
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by oluwabamis(m): 6:49am On Apr 25, 2012
this is a very good one, lawyer.God will continue to give you wisdom and strenght.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2012
LOL.

Not bragging at all. With a First Class degree from the University of Lagos in Surveying, I probably dont know what I am talking about. And if it pains you more that I said I have a First Class degree and sound in my profession - then, go jump in a lake, because I know some witches will leave the subject matter and dwell on that. All said, I dont know the lawyer - and he himself can not in any way say he knows absolutely everything about surveying and surveyors. My point is- he made some submissions which were too generalising about surveyors and surveying. Take it or leave it, thats my issue with the write up.

Anyone who wants any follow up can go to Alausa Ikeja- armed with the points and get correct briefs from government officials, can also contact private surveyors and get correct briefs from private surveyors on the points raised.

The issue remains - Surveyors do not sell lands - you call them in to come and work for you after you have decided to purchase your property - do not mix activities of omo oniles and fraudulent land speculators with the noble surveying profession.

You are a lawyer - please within the law - define for us who a Quack Surveyor is. This question is usually asked year one students of surveying in the University - so- please, for us to take you more seriously - Define who a quack surveyor is. LOL I bet you will say all un registered surveyors are quacks? LOL. Please also tell us which part of the Nigerian constitution deals with survey and surveying matters in Nigeria - send readers there if you know, because it addresses all the issues you attempted to talk about. If you know it.

Call me any name - land scammer - fool, eediot, lowlife, quack - Na you get your mouth. Those names goes back straight to you.

Point.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Caliente(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2012
[size=13pt]This is a masterpiece for novice like me. The timing is just too perfect for me. I appreciate your effort completely.

Dat surveyor dude sounds like a disgruntled land scam artiste.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by dnative(m): 8:54am On Apr 25, 2012
typical 'do you know who i am' mentality. first-class idiocy that hasn't really benefited anyone in the property section in nairaland.
ka ka keku ma je sese, o fe fi s'awa danu. shior!
me - a first class rocket scientist in NASA. hell yeah grin
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 25, 2012
DAVIDAREMITA: Where can i verify the survey of my property in Oke -Aro area of Ifo local govt. Ogun state. I didnt have this knowledge when i bought the land and i didnt do any of this check when the survey was provided.

Where can i verify the survey in my hand pls? its a property in OKE ARO AREA OF IFO LOCAL GOVT. OGUN STATE

...me too ooo, I just called the person doing my own Survey to ask him these 10 questions, he was practically blabbing.
I so wasn't interested but reminded him that KiriKiri is very close to where I live.
and to think that "Not all 'Quacks' are out to scam...?"
May God help us all,

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 9:40am On Apr 25, 2012
dnative: typical 'do you know who i am' mentality. first-class idiocy that hasn't really benefited anyone in the property section in nairaland.
ka ka keku ma je sese, o fe fi s'awa danu. shior!
me - a first class rocket scientist in NASA. hell yeah grin

LOL - Like i said- it will pain you to your bone marrows, but you know what? There is nothing you can do about it but to moan to yourself. Mu hehehehe. Goat.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2012
Anyone who wants to verify their Survey plan can go to the Ministry of Lands - Survey section of each state - In Lagos it is in Alausa. You can get better enlightenment than from a one sided source.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL.

Not bragging at all. With a First Class degree from the University of Lagos in Surveying, I probably dont know what I am talking about. And if it pains you more that I said I have a First Class degree and sound in my profession - then, go jump in a lake, because I know some witches will leave the subject matter and dwell on that. All said, I dont know the lawyer - and he himself can not in any way say he knows absolutely everything about surveying and surveyors. My point is- he made some submissions which were too generalising about surveyors and surveying. Take it or leave it, thats my issue with the write up.

Anyone who wants any follow up can go to Alausa Ikeja- armed with the points and get correct briefs from government officials, can also contact private surveyors and get correct briefs from private surveyors on the points raised.

The issue remains - Surveyors do not sell lands - you call them in to come and work for you after you have decided to purchase your property - do not mix activities of omo oniles and fraudulent land speculators with the noble surveying profession.

You are a lawyer - please within the law - define for us who a Quack Surveyor is. This question is usually asked year one students of surveying in the University - so- please, for us to take you more seriously - Define who a quack surveyor is. LOL I bet you will say all un registered surveyors are quacks? LOL. Please also tell us which part of the Nigerian constitution deals with survey and surveying matters in Nigeria - send readers there if you know, because it addresses all the issues you attempted to talk about. If you know it.

Call me any name - land scammer - fool, eediot, lowlife, quack - Na you get your mouth. Those names goes back straight to you.

Point.

[size=8pt]
Not bragging at all. With a First Class degree from the University of Lagos in Surveying, I probably dont know what I am talking about.
[/size]
[size=8pt] Na you get your mouth. Those names goes back straight to you.[/size] take time o my guy, no insult Akokites... lol

Now back to the topic of discussion, which of the following 10 points as raised by the Lawyer do you think I should delete from my Survey:

1. Name of the Owner of the Land
2. Registered Seal of the Surveyor with address on it
3. Name of the Street and the Name of the Area and LGA
4. The size of the Land
5. The Survey Plan Number of the Land
6. The 'Current' Date the Survey Plan was made
7. Registered Stamp and Signature of the Surveyor
8. Survey showing shape of the Land and Existing Road
9. Beacon Numbers (More like GPS positioning right?)
10. Stamp of "Free from Government Acquisition".

Please, I am not for or against anyone, I just don't want to be duped PERIOD!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by bomega4u(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2012
lastpage: Gentlemen,
I wan to implore YOU ALL to please guard your tongues!

Be "eager to listen but slow to speak", in any 'engagement' between two people!

It is only "fanatics" (be it religious or social) that fight on behalf of others.

I would have loved it if you guys try to create "an understanding" between the two parties (Lawyer and Werepeleri) instead of "fueling the fire" like primary school kids!
shocked

What Lawyer wrote is very informative especially to those who are completely unaware (as in the general public here) of this scams but at the same time, l guess as professionals, we all develop a kind of "negative feeling" when our profession is being taken to the cleaners (am not blaming Lawyer for this, l blame those who bring the profession into disrepute)

There is a Yoruba adage which l will give a literal translation, just for brevity: "If they accuse you (in the market place), of defecating and not cleaning your butt, how many people would you be able and willing to open and expose your butt to, to prove that the accusation is false?"

Read the "you", as "Surveyors", in this context! This is where l think 'Werepeleri' got ticked-off grin grin
But l am sure Lawyer means no harm.
I want to use this opportunity to appeal to both "Lawyer and Werepeleri", PLEASE, lets bury the hatchet, let us be gentlemen on this forum.

Particularly, l want Lawyer to be "large-hearted" and understand where the gentleman is coming from!
I am sure if l did an article on the "scams of Medical Doctors", not all Doctors will welcome me with a handshake simply because most of them so cherish and worked hard to be wherever they are, in that profession today; they would "easily" get offended!
Ditto other professionals as well.

Finally, let all of us who are the beneficiary of such exposee not be too eager to pick sides just because we love freebies!
It simply makes us appear as ignorant opportunists.

@Lawyer: Thank you for your efforts, no-how-no-how, it has enlightened a lot of people. Be calm.
@Werepeleri: Please, calm down and see this in the light of "public interest and no harm intended".

Cheers.

Lastpage!
Thank you ELDER lastpage I just hope they listen.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by bomega4u(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2012
lastpage: "Sometimes, being UNDERSTANDING is more important than being RIGHT....

Sometimes, we need not a BRILLIANT MIND that SPEAKS but a PATIENT HEART that LISTENS....

Not KEEN EYES that sees FAULTS but OPEN ARMS that ACCEPTS.....

Not a FINGER that POINTS OUT MISTAKES but GENTLE HANDS that LEADS...."

Even in victory, let us be magnanimous!

Am l speaking to someone here?
Loaded words! I just hope he will reason along.your points are clear enough.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by blank(f): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2012
@ Lawyer, i have a question. Is it the fault of the surveyor if it is not free from govt acquisition? I am a bit confused. Are they meant to check if it is unencumbered before doing the survey plan or after?

Thanks.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin I have changed my sig to "NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU. . " grin Precious
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lawyer(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
blank: @ Lawyer, i have a question. Is it the fault of the surveyor if it is not free from govt acquisition? I am a bit confused. Are they meant to check if it is unencumbered before doing the survey plan or after?

Thanks.

@ blank

Thanks for your question. Naturally the first step before you buy a land is to get a surveyor to go to the site to take the coordinates of the land and revert back to the surveyor general's office to check whether it is free from Government acquisition. It is based on that advice that the lawyer investigates further before he advices the buyer to purchase the land.

Once the surveyor from the beginning checks the coordinates and confirms the land is not free and its under Govt acquisition, immediately it becomes advisable to forget that land and look for another one that is free for the buyer to purchase because of the attendant implications.

But the problem is that the quack surveyor knowing is not free, still endorses the land as free and ends up doing the survey plan and stamping it as free whereas the end is not free. It becomes a big problem to rectify the error in future both financially and mentally. Thats why a good surveyor is the key to buying a good property from the onset to aid the lawyer/ buyer in making the right decision to buy the land.

So to answer your question, if the land is not free and the surveyor says its free, its his fault 100% for misleading the buyer and should be held accountable. Although i have to confess that sometimes due to mechanical error such as wrong positioning of the gps or wrong setting on the gps could give conflicting reports or when there are 2 or more master plans and each one giving its own separate coordinates, then you dont blame the Surveyor. It just happened especially if he is one with a track record of due diligence. We are all humans so it can happen once in a while and he must attempt to rectify it within his capacity to do so!

Cheers
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
alot is being said. alot noted but it important that points shouldnt be over bloated or understated. Alot of misinformation does go on in various profession and indeed its not just surveying. i have been in surveying most of my life from my primary sch days i used to go out and survey with my dad, but i later read accounting.A true surveyor has to be registered with a SURCON number to be confirmed as one, alot of young bois called survey technicians now run around front for their bosses n making money doing plans behind the surveyor back or sometimes he is charmed.
If u wanna do a survey i advise u find a register SURCON surveyor and pay good money for your job, all you looking for cheap survey jobs will mostly get quacks, I can quote all the minimum fees or MDS a surveyor should charge per sqm in lagos state.
I work with all the registered surveyors in Lagos State, they are my bosses and i can tell you when u dealing with a fake or a real surveyor. the land rates for survey has gone up so dont be shocked when u hear higher fees for survey. it started on the 1st of april 2012.
if you have issues, want to get to meet real surveyors or enquire just call or mail me i will attend to ur survey needs. 08025140064, niiadenii@gmail.com
I am no phony or fake person and like i said i work with all registered surveyors in lagos state at the institution's branch.
lawyer you have tried on the issue, all questions u have to ask me do ask be willing to oblige u.
thank you folks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos / Future Architectural Designs (check it out what do u think nairalander ) / How I Pay My Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.