Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan (1047 Views)

Police Nab ‘ghost’ Lagos Gang Leader As Residents Celebrate (photo) / Agbara Robbery: Police Nab Leader Of Gang In Delta / Gov Al-makura’s Aide Daughter's Head Beheaded By Suspected Ritualists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan by omongbatic: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2012
Police nab 2 suspected ritualists in Ibadan
… Head, hands recovered from suspects
From GBENGA ADESUYI, Ibadan
Tuesday, April 24 , 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested two suspected ritualists, Asimiyu and Femi. The suspects were arrested on Sunday at Oke-Aremo, Ibadan, after they allegedly killed a mother of four, Mrs Sekinat Emiola (42).

The state Commissioner of Police (CP), Tambari Yabo Muhammed, while addressing journalists at the Eleyele headquarters of the command, said the suspects had confessed to the crime and would soon be charged to court.

According him, Asimiyu was having affair with the deceased and after having sex with her last Thursday night, Asimiyu allegedly killed her by chopping off her head and hands, and used a container to collect her blood.
Asimiyu was said to have cut the head and the hands of his victim, put them inside a sack, while he hired Femi to assist him in burying Emiola in a shallow grave at Oke Aremo cemetary, Yemetu, Ibadan.

The residents of Oke Aremo later found the lifeless body of the woman and reported to the police at Yemetu Police Station.
They were said to have taken the lifeless body to a mortuary but it was rejected by the hospital.
Police were said to have opened the sack and discovered the lifeless body of the woman.
According to the police boss, it was after this discovery that investigation into the matter began on Sunday, leading to the arrest of the suspects.

The suspects later took policemen to the cemetery where the head and the hands were recovered from the shallow grave.
On investigation, Muhammed said Asimiyu opened up that he killed the woman because her husband had laced her with traditional medicine (Magun) and since the medicine did not affect him, somebody had to die.
Asimiyu confessed that he used cutlass to cut the woman’s head and hands before taking them to the cemetery where they were buried.

Muhammed therefore called on residents of the state to be wary of those they called friends and report every suspicious person to the police before any harm could be done.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/24/national-24-04-2012-0010.html
Re: Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan by omongbatic: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2012
Omo Ibadan kini show?
Re: Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan by omongbatic: 4:34am On Apr 24, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/man-beheads-lover-in-ibadan/

Man beheads lover in Ibadan
On April 23, 2012 · In News
4:43 pm
Email13

By OLA AJAYI, IBADAN
The Oyo State Police Command, Eleyele in Ibadan have paraded two suspects who allegedly killed a 42-year old woman, Mrs. Sekinat Emiola.

One of the suspects, Asimiyu Ayantayo the lover of the deceased allegedly beheaded her and cut off her two hands after making love with her.

PARADE: Asimiyu Ayantayo, who allegedly beheaded his lover, Mrs. Sekinatu Eniola, (right) and his alleged accomplice, Isiaka Akalei, at the Eleyele Police Headquarters, Ibadan,

But the suspect claimed that the deceased died as a result of the killer charm(magun)that was placed on her by another man.

According to him, after love-making with the deceased, she, possibly, under the spell of magun, somersaulted and died.

But, when asked why he beheaded her after killing her, he said he never wanted to use her for rituals but to make it impossible for residents in the area to identify her.

He said: “She was my mistress. I contacted magun on her during love-making. She wanted to summersault but I helped her. Then she started vomiting after the act and she fell down from the chair and died. It was then I beheaded her and cut off her two hands. I don’t need the body parts for anything and I did nothing with it.”

His accomplice, Mr. Isiaka Akanbi, also denied involvement in the act, saying his friend only sent him to buy a sack for him but did not know the purpose for which he needed it.

The parade of the suspects attracted many sympathisers at Eleyele area who thronged the State Police headquarters to catch the glimpse of the suspect and the gory picture of head and the hands that were severed by the suspects.

Speaking with newsmen on the incident, the Oyo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Tambari Mohammed the neighbor of the deceased alerted the police about a headless body dumped in the area.
Re: Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan by Ndata(m): 11:09am On Apr 24, 2012
My people why now? I thought na only Biafrans dey do rituals.
Re: Police Nab 2 Suspected Ritualists In Ibadan by omongbatic: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ndata: My people why now? I thought na only Biafrans dey do rituals.

Biafrans are babies in diapers when it comes to rituals. Oduduwans are the kings in that respect. Gbomogbomo has been there since eon.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Snatch Vouchers, Instead Of Cash In Akure / 19-year-old Descendant Of Oduduwa Arrested For Sleeping With Dog / Why I Killed My Lover – Kelechi Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.