Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

A Kind Plea For Precious Advice Please: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Kind Plea For Precious Advice Please: (862 Views)

Concerned Air Travellers' Plea To A Farting Passenger / Forgot To Print Online Nigerian Visa Application Form! Any Advice Please? / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Kind Plea For Precious Advice Please: by adambendar: 6:36am On Nov 09, 2007
Hello everyone.

After a four-month nervous wait, I finally received my visa to study for a Commercial Pilot Licence in New Zealand.

I have a question as my father and I cannot figure this out: What does "funds waived" and "outward passage waived" mean?

I will be in New Zealand for one full year to train with one of the country's foremost flight training centres. It took ages to get the visa as the application had to be processed at the NZ High Commission in the UK.

Its finally over and I am very grateful to have been given this very special gift and opportunity. I have just my father left in my life. No siblings and few decent friends who know that a good friendship is the product of mutual support and enduring values.

God bless all here in their quest for success and in their good efforts to achieve what is best for their lives. For those contemplating academic opportunities in NZ, here is what I provided to secure the visa:

1. A truthfully and fully completed application form

2. A Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (mandatory for a career in the aviation industry)

3. Proof of previous academic qualifications (I have a Private Pilot Licence which I completed in Tanzania-- although I am not Tanzanian)

4. Funds sufficient to cover the tuition fees and living expenses. Course cost for Commercial Pilot Training (CPL) in NZ is NZ$72,000 (approximately 6.7 million Nairas) plus a minimum of NZ$1000 per month for living expenses.

5. Proof of ties to your country of origin. I had very little to show but truthfully declared that in my cover letter. The cover letter is crucial and is almost like a document in itself. I wrote about my future professional plans, my dream of becoming an aviator since childhood years, how I am convinced that NZ's training providers are foremost amongst global leaders in the aviation sector, how an NZ licence will benefit me.

6. To effectively counter the visa officer's doubts, I formulated my cover letter in a very careful manner, researched the conditions required to qualify for a CPL and came up with this: "The New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority requires all holders of a Commercial Pilot Licence, regardless of nationality, to complete a Biennial Flight Review (BFR). Although the licence itself is valid for life, it comes with the condition that pilots demonstrate currency in the advances of aviation and navigation technology on a recurring basis, i.e. every two years. Thus, a breach of any conditions attached to the visa would render my pilot licence and career prospects worthless as such a breach would prevent me from further re-entering New Zealand in the future and satisfying the BFR requirement."

7. A roundtrip ticket fully paid and confirmed.

8. Travel and health insurance from a NZ insurance company catering to international students. A one-year policy can be purchased online by credit card.

9. A valid offer of admission, confirmation of accomodation (letter provided by training provider in NZ), course description, proof of payment of tuition fees.

10. My father's bank account details. His account has been active for nearly 14 years now (with Barclays).

I will fly to Auckland NZ on 8 December this year with Emirates via Dubai. Its a long flight and i feel sad for my father who will be alone for the months to come. But I will come back with that prestigious licence only very few are privileged to hold.

God bless, my friends.

P.S. I'm sorry for digitally covering some of my sensitive information. This is after all a forum where some people maliciously take advantage of other's opportunities. Cheers!

Re: A Kind Plea For Precious Advice Please: by bowa(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2007
My dear friend,congratulation for your achievement,i so much appreciate God for your life and a big thanx to your DAD who has been ur pillar and given u the love u need.I pray the good God be with u and give u the chance to pay ur dad back in multiple.A brotherly advice,remember the child of whom you are,and i pray the good Lord keep you in good health and a safe journey.Though dad will miss you,but it's something he would be proud of.Congratulations my friend.You may ask any of ur friends,preferably the one you call ur best friend to always check on ur dad so that he won't be too bored.Take care of ur self, By goodies while coming back to naija.Lata

(1) (Reply)

33 / Nigerians In Cyprus Only. / How Do I Get A Nigerian Visa In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.