Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:47 AM

Who Loves Sidney Sheldon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Loves Sidney Sheldon (4693 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2006
Who loves sidney sheldon?
i feel he is good writer and is very diverse. his ability to bring you in touch with the character is sonething i admire.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Super(m): 1:25am On Mar 29, 2006
i think he's one of the best
i read most of his books
my favourite is 'IF TOMORROW COMES'
i loved the crafty way he told the story cheesy
that was a classic!
sadly sadi don't do novels anymore.*who asked you?all we want is an opinion,not your whole life story*
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2006
why? what happend?a novel broke your heart?
u don't know what u are missing
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by karemy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2006
I love this guy's books.I think he is the best there is (a personal opinion).

My personal favourites are : the sky is falling,master of the game and are u afraid of the dark.

He is just brilliant.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Rolly: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2006
sidney sheldon is the best! i mean i love him. his books are awesome!!! Oh my God!!!! once i pick them up, i dont cant drop it till i read the last page.my eyes and hands are like glued to the book. its like that. he is too good. yup. very good!
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Super(m): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2006
Omachile:

why? what happend?a novel broke your heart?
u don't know what u are missing

i just believe novels do you more harm than good.*don't hate me,just speaking my mind*
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2006
no it when u allow them do harm that they do it.
i have learnt a lot even from sidney sheldon. like in stars shine down i understood a lot about real estate
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by freddie1(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2006
I do ooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 3:35am On Mar 31, 2006
He's limited to some theatrics. When you read him, then try Tom Clancy or Frederick Forsyth, you'll know there's a clear difference. He focuses more on emotions than on tension -- and places lots of attention on falling in love. I know he was a journalist, but then, so was Forsyth.

I think his best books were written when he was young. Try Ken Follett for a change.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2006
yeah my main problem wit sindey sheldon is that he usually uses only women in his stories except in doomsday conspiracy. his worst book to me was stranger in the mirror and the best was master of the game. he is skilled and not as technical as tom clancy. i feel tom clancy should ease up on the technical names of helicopters and guns. they discourage me, i don't want to be reading a novel with some encyclopedia by my side.
I've read about 3 Jeffry Archer and he is very good but his books are like soap operas. I mean they are long and move through generations or long time spans but they are real captivating. U all should read how the crow flies.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2006
Sidney Sheldon has this pre-occupation with sex that I find annoying. Speaking of being technical, I don't know but I like technical stuff -- that's why I prefer Clancy.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2006
i feel you. i guess i a not reall into the technical stuff. i want to read and read simple. when u are throug wit a clancy book u'll be feeling like some secret agent or something.
that thrills i get from some sheldons are ok. he doesn't really get my blood pumping like Archer but i still feel him. right now he is ma favourite author.
I heard he is dead. is that true? men i need some info. checked his website but couldn't get any real thing.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2006
No -- he aint dead. He's 90-something now anyway. Since you don't like technical stuff why don't you try Ken Follett?
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Rolly: 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2006
the book that really shook me was the one where there were about 2 or 3 people in a woman's body. i think it was tell me ur dreams or something. sidney sheldons books are good but i agree with whoever said he has a thing for sex and females. i wonder why. but his books are good tho.

i've read some of archer's books and i must sat, they are pretty interesting.

who has read "total control" by david baladacci?. that book got me hooked up but that was his only book i ever read.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 8:53am On Apr 03, 2006
please who has read "Pleading guilty"? i would loveto know who wrote it. the storywas real wild.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by gentleaura(m): 6:25am On Apr 11, 2006
The thing is, dont start any sidney sheldon's books cos if u do, you wont stop u aint never letting go, wow! good author
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by HUSH2(m): 6:28am On Apr 11, 2006
My first novel was thunder point by jack higgins over 10yrs ago, i've neva looked back since
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by slybase(m): 2:24am On Apr 19, 2006
I must confess that Sheldon is really a wonderful author, but he build up a crescendo and fails woefully in trying yo decrescendolise. He does not understand the tactics of bringing down a climax. let him learn from grisham
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 3:14am On Apr 19, 2006
Tell them oh.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by slybase(m): 3:52am On Apr 19, 2006
they suppose don hear now, abi
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Rolly: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2006
All na Yarns abeg! nothing like that! as far as i am concerned, sidney sheldon is a good author and keeps me hooked till the end, climax or no climax, crescendo, or decrescendo. sidney sheldon is good. end. tongue
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by yemstar(f): 4:15am On Apr 23, 2006
I love Sidney sheldo books, they are one of my favorites.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 3:03am On Apr 24, 2006
Hmmm. Lotsa Sideny Sheldon lovers rolleyes rolleyes

Obviously you haven't tried much else.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by yemstar(f): 5:21am On Apr 24, 2006
Ok Mr.

Like what else, give me another author u think is better and the name of the book, and i will make sure i read it this summer. cool
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2006
Depends on your preferences. If you like it laced with romance, read Ken Follett's Lie Down With Lions. If you're technical try Robert Ludlum's The Icarus Agenda or Tom Clancy's [exreme technicality] Rainbow Six.

I think you should take [b]Ken Follett [/b]however -- he's way cool.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by slybase(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2006
Like i always say; Don't promote Tom Clancy here, and you know why
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Rolly: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2006
why?
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 11:53pm On Apr 24, 2006
slybase:

Like i always say; Don't promote Tom Clancy here, and you know why

Where did I promote Tom Clancy? If you hate him so badly then pretend not to see his name.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by yemstar(f): 2:37am On Apr 25, 2006
Aight i will read the ken Follett book hopefully this summer and you will get my judgement so stay tuned. wink
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Z4M4eva(f): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2006
Oh My !! I'm currently reading --- The Sky Is Falling by Sidney Sheldon. And it's soo Kool.

It's the first of his books I would be reading, will be reading more.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2006
Yeah. The Sky is Falling is one of his good books -- in fact it's my best.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Amakah(f): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2006
Sidney Sheldon is my best author too. I crave his books, and about him using women characters- i think women 've more depth and feelings than men. Am open to critics? Everyone have there own opinions anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First Night With A Unilag Babe Part 2 / IMPAIRABLE (when Fate Strikes ) / My Virgin Story Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.