Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Who Loves Sidney Sheldon - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Loves Sidney Sheldon (4712 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by freddie1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2006
Yeah, sheldon is cool. but i've since moved on to more intriguing writers, like dean, clancy, ludlum, jackie collins, james patterson etc.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2006
That's my man!
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2006
Men free that tom Clancy guy. i don't dig him but, thats his part. ted Dekker is another cool Guy. that man has the spirit.
to me the best sidney sheldom is MAster Of the Game.

and yeah Sidney sheldon aint a female, He is is a Guy, in flesh believe it or not.
Holla
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Z4M4eva(f): 1:12pm On May 14, 2006
Sidney Sheldon is a very good Author !! kiss kiss
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by molluma(f): 5:01pm On May 26, 2006
i love sid hv read all his books.doomsday conspiracy is my favorite.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by mamaput(f): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2006
Was it him that wrote vally of the dolls.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by cammax7(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2006
Sidney is a terrific Writer
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2006
mamaput:

Was it him that wrote vally of the dolls.

Valley of the Dolls was written by Jacqueline Susann
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by yemstar(f): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hey Zahy

I read the ken Follet's Lie down with Lions, i would say it was okay and i also read the third twin that was wayy better, maybe its cuz i don't like war books.

But i still stick to my sheldon books. Neways i need names of more good books to read.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by molluma(f): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2006
doomsday conspiracy is my best sid.but sky is falling aint bad. you all should read best laid plans.it introduced dana the main character in sky is fallin

Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by molluma(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2006
yemstar:

Hey Zahy

I read the ken Follet's Lie down with Lions, i would say it was okay and i also read the third twin that was wayy better, maybe its because i don't like war books.

But i still stick to my sheldon books. Neways i need names of more good books to read.
you should try door to december,intensity,velocity by dean koontnz. mirror image by tom clancy is also a great book,windmills of the Gods by sidney sheldon,etc
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zahymaka(m): 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2006
I read The Best Laid Plans last year -- it was a cool read.

yemstar:

Hey Zahy

I read the ken Follet's Lie down with Lions, i would say it was okay and i also read the third twin that was wayy better, maybe its because i don't like war books.

I'd suggest you read Hornet Flight [also by Follett] -- it's so nice. . .

Another author to look up is Jeffery Deaver -- he's very good.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Consultant(f): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2006
Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" is one of the best books i've ever read. 900+ pages and still i couldn't put it down until i reached the end. Sheldon is not as good as he used to be. His books are more predictable now; i can tell where he's going from miles away, and yes he does have a preoccupation with sex - and kinky sex at that.

Jeffery Archer is still my best author though. "As the Crow Flies" is an Excellent book, so are "First Among Equals" and "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less".
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by molluma(f): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2006
Consultant:

Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" is one of the best books i've ever read. 900+ pages and still i couldn't put it down until i reached the end. Sheldon is not as good as he used to be. His books are more predictable now; i can tell where he's going from miles away, and yes he does have a preoccupation with sex - and kinky sex at that.

Jeffery Archer is still my best author though. "As the Crow Flies" is an Excellent book, so are "First Among Equals" and "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less".
oh my God i loved pillars of the earth its one of my best books in the world.i could not drop it.william was so wicked.the book comes highly recommended.did not really enjoy first among equals but loved as the crow flies.you should try ten commandments by jeff archer
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by jgirl3: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2006
I LOVE SIDNEY SHELDON
Master of the game,
Sands of time and all kinds - he is too good
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by molluma(f): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2006
freddie!:

Yeah, sheldon is cool. but i've since moved on to more intriguing writers, like dean, clancy, ludlum, jackie collins, james patterson etc.
patterson is a good author very good but if the man aint bloody my name aint molly.he kills without remorse and is so graphic.so im on a break from him.try cat and mouse
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by jgirl3: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2006
Patterson has a very very good imagination. He is intriguing like no other.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Gamine(f): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2007
Who dosent!

ive read like all his books!!
the guy is Good
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by angelempy(f): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2010
i love this guy because he tells his story with lots of twists and turns (which by the way marks a good writer).
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Omachile(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2010
Men . . I just finished one Ted DeKker called Sinner. . . . in english. . . . AWESOME
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by basamta: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sidney Sheldon is not one of the best, HE IS THE BEST, after Apostle Paul, Shakespeare and Agatha Christie grin shocked cool grin grin grin
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by basamta: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
@ angel i love this guy because he tells his story with lots of twists and turns (which by the way marks a good writer).

like i rightly said, he is simply the best. am reading 'A Stranger in the Mirror' right now, and im wondering, whats it about this guy that makes every line a best seller cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i have like 10 of his books and i read them every year. the only author that i repeat his book, considering i have like 200novels, he is without doubt the greatest
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by basamta: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2010

Hey, Archer is tyt, Forsythe is ok, Lundlum is even worthy of mention, but the BEST of the rest, Sheldon without doubt!

and i have like like 70% to 80% of all their books. humbly so
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by basamta: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2010
I LOVE SIDNEY SHELDON
Master of the game,
Sands of time and all kinds - he is too good

Jay-girl, i feel jare!
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Ifez: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
freddie!:

Yeah, sheldon is cool. but i've since moved on to more intriguing writers, like dean, clancy, ludlum, jackie collins, [b]james patterson [/b]etc.

You call James Patterson intriguing? Hah! undecided
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by semid4lyfe(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
basamta:

True! Pillars of the Earth is a good book but I've read better and more interesting books.
basamta:

You don f!u.!< up. Where you come put 'The 11th Commandement'?

basamta:

Hey, Archer is tyt, Forsythe is ok, Lundlum is even worthy of mention, but the BEST of the rest, Sheldon without doubt!
Hmmmm, well you're entitled to your opinion, sha.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by simioney: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
i also love d dude, but its true, he's actually dead, read it in a newspaper sometime ago!
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by queenesthr(f): 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sidney Sheldon is very good. Read his Sands Of Time. It is one of the best novels ever written.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by ravenzord(m): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
basamta:

Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" is one of the best books i've ever read. 900+ pages and still i couldn't put it down until i reached the end. Sheldon is not as good as he used to be. His books are more predictable now; i can tell where he's going from miles away, and yes [b]he does have a preoccupation with sex - and kinky sex at that.[/b]Jeffery Archer is still my best author though. "As the Crow Flies" is an Excellent book, so are "First Among Equals" and "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less".

Only Sheldon book where I saw graphic sex scenes was "Stranger in the Mirror", and they weren't even as graphic as the average Jackie Collins sex scene.

@ OP: Love the guy, my personal favourite is "If Tomorrow Comes", read it about 7 years ago, nd I love it to this day. Too bad he had to go and die sad.
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by fellabrims: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2010
Please, Sheldon is really good. I've got about 20 of his works on ma system though. I think i really dig Memories of Midnight and The Otherside of Midnight. . . another prolific writer is Mary Higgins Clark
Re: Who Loves Sidney Sheldon by Zimex: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2010
I am an addict. I have all his novels in my library. I have read some of them more than 10 times. I think he was one of the very best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cartoons and Pictures That Make You Think / Steps Of Love - A Story By Ngozi Lovelyn / The Big Mummy (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.