Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out (595 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Pe2000: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2012
Have you ever found yourself in a state where, for some time running, you can't seem to pray with zeal and conviction; a state where previous disappointments tears your spiritual enthusiasm into shreds? You probably thought you had faith that could take you through anything, but when a major setback or disappointment comes, you realise that your faith is smaller than a mustard seed. This is where I find myself today. How can I re-jig and put back the spark in my faith?
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Snowwy: 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
Pe2000: Have you ever found yourself in a state where, for some time running, you can't seem to pray with zeal and conviction; a state where previous disappointments tears your spiritual enthusiasm into shreds? You probably thought you had faith that could take you through anything, but when a major setback or disappointment comes, you realise that your faith is smaller than a mustard seed. This is where I find myself today. How can I re-jig and put back the spark in my faith?

I have experienced such and I see it as a period of weariness which occurs whenever we look away from Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

You should note that you are not alone. So many people grew weary in the bible, great men for that matter. Moses, Job, David, John the baptist, Paul etc.

All you need is to come again to the saviour and rest a while (Matthew 11:28-30).

Share your burdens with another trusted person as hearing what other people might have gone through and excelled would lift up your faith and even make you thank God that your adversity was not worse than you thought when compared to others.

You need to encourage yourself in the Lord, meditate on scriptures where God tells you He knows whatever you might have gone through and is there with you and pray.
Accept that all things work together for your good for those hwo are called according to God's purpose. Romans 8:28.

Set your face as a flint and know that God can never put you to shame. (Isaiah 50:7)
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by LogicMind: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Pe2000: Have you ever found yourself in a state where, for some time running, you can't seem to pray with zeal and conviction; a state where previous disappointments tears your spiritual enthusiasm into shreds? You probably thought you had faith that could take you through anything, but when a major setback or disappointment comes, you realise that your faith is smaller than a mustard seed. This is where I find myself today. How can I re-jig and put back the spark in my faith?

reality check is good. you are in charge of your life. praying never solved any problems. humans do no matter what the tithe preachers might say.
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Pe2000: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2012
Thanks a million, snowwy. You may never know how high those lines of yours lifted me. Indeed, I have set my face like a flint
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Mowire: 4:24am On Apr 26, 2012
@OP, please don't just set your face like flint: Prayerfully Do a thorough & objective appraisal of every situation of disappointments to be sure all physical & natural conditions/requirements for the breakthru you seek had been fulfilled. Otherwise you may just be hitting against a flint. God has no gain in your disappointment &He will always help when. human abilities fail
May the LORD keep your soul &strengthen you IJN.
Re: When Spiritual Enthusiasm Peters Out by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2012
Solution is prayer and the word. Listen to messages on prayer. You I'll naturally bust into prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Defend The Gospel - Jude 3; Use Your Ignore Button Appropriately. / I Am Just An Ordinary Manager / Igbos Are Non-compatible With Islam... Simple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.