Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? (36714 Views)

Moving Objects In The Body / Itching After Bath (solution) / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Body Itching After Bath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Havilah93(m): 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Doctors in the house, help is urgently needed for one of my friends. Anytime he has a bath, his body itches BADLY. He told me about two weeks ago, i just told him to change his bathing soap. He said he had done this several times, but no show, my friend is now always afraid to have a bath, i spent the night @ his place and this morning after his bath,see itching shocked. It was so severe, and lasted about 15 to 20 mins. i really pitied him. What can he do?
I also told him i thought it was genetical, but he said none of his family members had ever complained before. PLEASE HELP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by NAJALYN: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Poster ask your friend to go to the hospital for proper check up and treatment.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Sissy3(f): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
how hot is his bathing water
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by chyket(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2012
Has he changed his towel?because when towels are not spread in the sun after bath,they remain damp and thereby cause itching.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Havilah93(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
@sissy, he uses cold water, the itching gets worse when he uses hot water.
@chyket, i forgot to add dat he has changed towels more than ten times, still same story.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by PA1982(f): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
I join the 'see a doctor' chorus.
Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get that water analised!
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
If the problem does not come from dirty water or towel or any other physical irritant, then your friend probably has a condition known as 'Aquagenic Pruritis'.
This is simply a genetic and inherited condition that causes him to be 'allergic' to moisture on his skin.
It is indeed a pitiful condition as even sweating can lead to skin irritation.
Tell your friend to get to a doctor that would prescribe appropriate drugs for him, maybe an antihistamine like Loratidine. That should drastically reduce the itching.
Best of luck.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 07, 2012
I suffer same thing b4! tell your friend to Stop using water that has been stored for too long. I noticed that it occurs to me most times when i bathed with water that has been stored for too long in Drums.
does he or she stored water in metal drums or is there dirt at the bottom of the drum. those also causes the itching.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by beblessed(f): 8:33am On May 08, 2012
Tell ur friend not to bathe with sponge. I used to have d same problem but it stopped when i stopped using sponge almost fifteen years ago

5 Likes

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Chitos(f): 3:55pm On May 08, 2012
U can also add dettol or savlon to the water. It works!
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Havilah93(m): 8:55pm On May 10, 2012
tanx for ur replies guys, i appreciate all comments.
I think i'll advice him not to use sponge, see if that works. it seems dats the only available option left, and also c a doctor
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 11, 2012
@poster..... it happens to me too. tell you friend to swap his sponge for a soft towel for bathing, use mild soap and disinfect his water.. spread his towel and d face towel he uses on a daily basis.it works.... if symptoms persists then he shld see a dermatologist not just any doctor

4 Likes

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Havilah93(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2012
^^^ nice idea. I neva really thought of using a soft towel
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Johndoe100(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2012
Havilah93: tanx for ur replies guys, i appreciate all comments.
I think i'll advice him not to use sponge, see if that works. it seems dats the only available option left, and also c a doctor

Stoping the sponge for a few months will help reduce it greatly. It will still flare up, but it shoud not be an everyday thing anymore.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by jaytime(m): 3:33am On May 14, 2012
When last did he treat malaria? It use to happen to me once in a long while when I prove stuborn to malaria especially during rainy season when I hardly sweat. One more advice, when the itching starts he should not scratch his skin; he should endure itching 4 some 2nds or minutes without touching his skin. He would be surprised, the itching will fade off. It would be hard to endure but it works like magic. Above all he should test for typhoid fever, jaundice or herpatitis.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Havilah93(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2012
@ all, thanks for every comment.
jaytime: When last did he treat malaria? It use to happen to me once in a long while when I prove stuborn to malaria especially during rainy season when I hardly sweat. One more advice, when the itching starts he should not scratch his skin; he should endure itching 4 some 2nds or minutes without touching his skin. He would be surprised, the itching will fade off. It would be hard to endure but it works like magic. Above all he should test for typhoid fever, jaundice or herpatitis.
the malaria itching is kind of diffrent, sometimes i even have itches when i have malaria and i use chloroquine, but my friend's itching is not malaria -induced. About him not scratching his skin, mehn, dat will be a tough one. I dont think he can hold it for up to 10 secs when it starts, cos its really bad
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by agbanagba(m): 1:27am On May 18, 2012
NAJALYN: @Poster ask your friend to go to the hospital for proper check up and treatment.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by iroza(f): 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ur friend has syphilis infection and it was hereditary, let him go to the doctor to treat him, he should repeat the treatment every six months until he gets better.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by john11769(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
Does he bath with the sponge, if so, how often? Tell your from not to use his sponge for bathing and see what is going to happen. cheers.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by victorfriday(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Wow thanks so much 4 ur advice cus intching is driving me crazy right now that's y I long on to get help as I can't get envoronmental help around me tnx let me stop using sponge
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by calaharry: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2013
Hello friends,itching after bath is very uncomfortable experience as millions of people suffer it in silence, not knowing there is now a permanent solution to it. It is bacterial infection dt runs in d blood,thus med soap or drugs is not d way out. There is now a pharmaceutically manufactured special product that specifically clears out this bacterial causing d itching in your blood and you will have a brand new life enjoying your bath during and after. The product is imported us and works like miracle. Just order for d product(not local) and take it for 2months and your itching after bath is gone. Interested fellows should book their via our email airfield474@yahoo.com for full supply/info or text there request to 07062425417 or 08029791708 . Pls our lines are usually busy,text us and u will get immediate feedback on first come first serve basis.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by sotum2: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
I had this same issue before...stop using sponge, bath with warm water nd stick to good soap...always make sure yourr towel is dry and clean..

1 Like

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by efe2luv: 4:43am On Aug 19, 2013
I ised to suffer the same issue while i was a teenager. The itching gets so intense that sometimes i felt like killing myself then. There is little or nothing the doctors could do when i complained to them. They just prescribe a drug for u to ake but none works. First i observed that when i skip my evening bath time or morning bath time in a day then i take my bath i felt severe itching. I then stopped skipping my bath time and also stopped bathing with sponge. It just stopped magically on ots own. Thats how i became free from that plight.
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
it is neither the water nor soap nor germs, it is a kind of condition and it is also hereditary(iit got passed down to me from my mother). i also suffer severely from it too. it is so bad that it lasts for up to 30mins after bath. the solution is to stop using sponge, use only soap and water to bath. . also avoid change of soap or change of type of water(like from bore hole to tap water). use of disinfectant is absolutely a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by calaharry: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2013
Why suffer in silence while there is now a real solution?
Re: Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? by periodic: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hi, guys,this case is best experience than read somewhere. I believe if there are those who should profer solution to itching after bath are those who have experienced it.I started noticing itching after bath when I relocated to a new house where the water is bole hole.
I used Izal, and change of the water it worked like magic.So the cause could be dirty water. I advice change of water and application of original dis-fectants.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dog Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Anambra Forest (Video) / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / Notable Deaths Caused By Pharmaceutical Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.