Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,660 members, 7,958,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1212501 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by chusks(m): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
usbcable:

see another article I saw from one of them on managing madrid; I was like can it get any worse from a stupid point of view.

Why Ballon D'or for Ronaldo?

Why is Ronaldo considered the overwhelming favorite to pick up the Balln D'or? What has he done quite so spectacular that he deserves such a claim?

His stats are decent but nothing extraordinary. He has 51 goals and 16 assists in 2014 which is good but nothing spectacular. Afterall, Messi also has 45 goals and 21 assists so he has identical numbers in terms of total output.

Yes, he won trophies and lifted La Decima but was he extremely decisive in any of them? He had a night to forget in the CL final which was saved because he scored a penalty in a game that was already long over. It was a poor performance from him. In the semi finals, he only scored when the game was all over and Bayern had just put everyone out on attack without any hopes left. Against Dortmund, he scored when it was already 2-0. Against schalke, they won 10-2 so you can obviously see Ronaldo wasn't decisive. His league season was average and with 31 goals, it was in fact a poor one by his standards. In copa del rey, he wasn't there for the final, had a decent game in semi finals but not anything special since all he did was score 2 penalties.

Honestly, Neuer deserves to win it this year. There is no goalkeeper who comes close to matching what Neuer does. He has revolutionized the role of sweeper-keeper and he did it on the biggest stages of all. His game against Algeria was the most dominant game a player has had in 2014. He has been consistent throughout the whole year and there aren't many games where you could say he played badly. Its safe to say, without him Germany could very easily have lost the world cup. He kept both Messi and Ronaldo quiet for 200+ minutes. HE WON THE WORLD CUP.

Neuer is hands down the best keeper in the world. With Ronaldo, you could argue..since his stats aren't that better from Messi. He wasn't as decisive as Ramos and Di Maria in the crucial games of the season so there you have it.

Its now or never to save Ballon D'or's credibility. Goalkeepers deserve as much attention as forwards. Or otherwise, they might as well name it the Top scorer award because as a player, Neuer is the best one in 2014.

I ask you to please not bring up the past like 2010, 2012, etc because I dont care what happened in the past. FIFA is always flawed so idgaf. Im just here to present a good argument for goalkeepers and especially players like Neuer to win a Ballon D'or. If you have a reasonable argument to present why ronaldo deserves it then go ahead.

Obviously, dont bring up his goalscoring stats because theyre almost like Messi's and dont bring up his CL win because he wasnt that decisive and it was Madrid as a team too good that they won
na dem sabi ... wat I'm sure of is dat c.baba owns dis balloon d'or.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
Check out dis debate..via goal.com
By Falko Bloding

Right after Germany won the World Cup final at the Maracana, there was a famous picture circulating on social media. It showed Manuel Neuer and Lionel Messi receiving their awards for best goalkeeper and best player of the tournament. At the bottom it read: "Here you can see the best keeper and the best player at the World Cup. Next to him: Lionel Messi." The image went viral - not because it was a joke, or an exaggeration - it was the truth.

Neuer shone on the biggest stage of all in Brazil. He had memorable matches against Algeria and France in the knockouts - saving his team at crucial moments and proving he is the best in his position. He also helped transform the way goalkeepers play and is now the archetypal 'Sweeper Keeper'.

The former Schalke man makes the defenders ahead of him better. They know they can rely on him. His two head coaches, Pep Guardiola and Joachim Low, deploy an extremely high backline and Neuer's style is perfectly suited to it. You cannot underestimate how difficult his task is; he only ever faces a few shots on goal each game, but his concentration levels are fantastic. He is a leader for club and country.

In 2014, Neuer did not only win the World Cup but also the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal. He reached the Champions League semi-finals and was named Germany's Footballer of the Year for the second time. He also placed second in the Uefa Best Player award, behind only current Ballon d'Or holder Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is about time Fifa recognises this brilliant goalkeeper when the Ballon d'Or trophy is handed out.
And check out the reply
By Joe Wright

"After some games this season I haven't needed to have a shower," Manuel Neuer confessed in 2013. "Yes, I guess sometimes it is boring being in goal."

The comment was light-hearted, but it sums up why there are more deserving candidates for the Ballon d'Or final three. Neuer simply isn't tested enough. He is protected by football's two finest teams from the past 18 months in Bayern Munich and Germany. Both sides dominate play to such an extent that Neuer is frequently seen wandering close to the halfway line in an effort to become more involved in the action. Even in the World Cup final in July, he did not have a single save to make.

Neuer is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in the world, but he is not a God-like figure. He does make high-profile mistakes. He misjudged Gareth Bale's cross for Karim Benzema's first-leg goal in the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid and allowed a Sergio Ramos header and Cristiano Ronaldo shot to pass right through him in the return leg. He has also conceded seven goals playing for Germany since the World Cup as Joachim Low's side struggle to cure their Brazil hangover.

Some of Neuer's team-mates have done more to join favourite Ronaldo on the podium. Philipp Lahm, reinvented as a midfielder, has captained club and country to astounding success. Thomas Muller has proved he is the ultimate big-game player and was directly involved in eight of Germany's goals at the World Cup. Meanwhile, Arjen Robben has consistently been Bayern's finest player for the past year and was inspirational in dragging an average Netherlands side to third place in Brazil.

"I'm not some guy who poses in his underpants," joked Neuer recently when explaining why his public 'image' could penalise him with the Ballon d'Or voters. But the reason Ronaldo, Lahm, Muller and Robben have hogged the limelight more than Neuer in 2014 is because they are more deserving of it.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Baddestguyp(m): 12:01am On Nov 26, 2014
ronaldo fans, how market

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:53am On Nov 26, 2014
Baddestguyp:
ronaldo fans, how market
We dey ooo...but Na Madrid fans we be.... cool
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2014
The whites have landed in Swiss-LAND.
hOPING FOR ANOTHER COMFORTABLE VICTORY.

Since thats the pre-occupation of eyebrow. sad not blaming him though.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FBS: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2014
^^^ you boys are on a roll. shouldn't be difficult.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iceskidd(m): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2014
Usbcable it seems our thread has never hit fp? Oya mukina2, mynd44, boss seun
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iaz93: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2014
Toh! Basel go hear am...

I just dey pity dem fans... grin

I need Benzema to add to his tally.

Ronaldo should better improve on his goal scoring form. angry
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 10:13am On Nov 26, 2014
Iceskidd:
Usbcable it seems our thread has never hit fp? Oya mukina2, mynd44, boss seun

It actually did the season Mou won the Liga. Specifically on the match day where we beat Granada to clinch the titulo.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Iaz93:
Toh! Basel go hear am...

@bolded,

Improve ke? you wan kill the guy.
The painfull thing be say na that midget first am reach El-Capitans record and he seems to be tearing away (4 goals lead) angry

Next thing now Barker fans are all over the net shouting La Midget for BDO grin silly people
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iceskidd(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2014
usbcable:

It actually did the season Mou won the Liga. Specifically on the match day where we beat Granada to clinch the titulo.
oh ok
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Baddestguyp(m): 10:55am On Nov 26, 2014
Iaz93:
Toh! Basel go hear am...

and I thought I was d only one who thought cr7 dropped recently
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2014
Baddestguyp:

whats the definition of dropped.

Scoring 2 goals and and an assist this weekend?

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Baddestguyp(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2014
usbcable:

whats the definition of dropped.

Scoring 1 goal, 1 penalty and an assist this weekend?
did u see d rate at which ronaldo was scoring about a month ago? if u did, you would understand
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
Baddestguyp:
did u see d rate at which ronaldo was scoring about a month ago? if u did, you would understand

You cant do that for months except you are on meth.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iaz93: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Baddestguyp:
CR7 needs to score more. He's been scoring just 1 or 2 goals per match, lately. That's poor, to me.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iaz93: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
usbcable:

@bolded,

Improve ke? you wan kill the guy.
The painfull thing be say na that midget first am reach El-Capitans record and he seems to be tearing away (4 goals lead) angry

Next thing now Barker fans are all over the net shouting La Midget for BDO grin silly people
Lol. Ronaldo is up to the task. Ronnie has two straight UCL matches, so I think he'll score more. cool
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
Iaz93:
Lol. Ronaldo is up to the task. Ronnie has two straight UCL matches, so I think he'll score more. cool

Right now.

I am more concerned he tops Messi to the title by end of the season.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Baddestguyp(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
usbcable:

You cant do that for months except you are on meth.
yeah true
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by barackohandso(m): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hehehe. Haba!
So now cr7 has dropped form all of a sudden huh?
Person wey dey score like say tomorrow no dey. Human beings sha grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iceskidd(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ribery just hating on cr7god. Smh saying shiits like, he won it with politics that sepp blatter was hugging c.ron and his family anyhow that if c.ron didn't know he would win he wouldn't bring whole family. And i'm like gf and son na whole family? I smell jealousy
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by mcfarlin(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
Iceskidd:
Ribery just hating on cr7god. Smh saying shiits like, he won it with politics that sepp blatter was hugging c.ron and his family anyhow that if c.ron didn't know he would win he wouldn't bring whole family. And i'm like gf and son na whole family? I smell jealousy

Ribery is a f'ucktard!

Anyways he's inconsequential to the situation at hand.

Its good messi had the opportunity of playing 2 consecutive matches 1st.

Now cr7 has the chance to silence the haters for now.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iceskidd(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Ribery is a person!

Anyways he's inconsequential to the situation at hand.

Its good messi had the opportunity of playing 2 consecutive matches 1st.

Now cr7 has the chance to silence the haters for now.
correct
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by barackohandso(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Iceskidd:

If na you nko you no go talk the same thing? Anyway e don pass make he forget am and move on already
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iceskidd(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
barackohandso:

If na you nko you no go talk the same thing? Anyway e don pass make he forget am and move on already
na lie jhur. So him been dey expect to win ahead of cr7 and Lm10
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iaz93: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
usbcable:

Right now.

I am more concerned he tops Messi to the title by end of the season.
There's no way Barca will beat Madrid to the title.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Iaz93: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
...Lol! Leave Ribery alone oh. What do y'all expect from a paedophile. grin grin

He's so pained. Lol.

He, too, should win it with politics na.... the ugly biitch didn't even come second. grin grin

It shows how he wasn't even good enough to come second. grin

Ribery is finished! He's already scared Reus will misplace him. grin

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
barackohandso:

If we must say the truth, I feel for the guy.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Dhellake: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ribery lost just once and he's sulking this much, what if he loses 4 times, this paedophile will surely spend the rest of his life sulking.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by chusks(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
c.baba 1-Basel 0. 4 goals to...
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Baddestguyp(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
Madrid playing woefully
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
grin..up Ronaldo

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1857) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.