Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting (16171 Views)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / Ramsey Nouah To Remake "Living In Bondage" / Many Nigerian Actors Live On Past Glory—ramsey Nouah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by mamagee3(f): 4:49am On Apr 28, 2012
[size=18pt]It's high time he retired. . .

As he isn't getting anymore roles anymore while the likes of mercy johnson and Oge Okoye are all over the screen. grin
[/size]
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by PeroRemzy(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2012
lagcity: ha ha. Papa Ramsey don old. Those young guns from Ghana don chop him lunch. Malik abi wetin be him name ;Dha ha.
lagcity: ha ha. Papa Ramsey don old. Those young guns from Ghana don chop him lunch. Malik abi wetin be him name ;Dha ha.
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by blackboi(m): 11:14am On Apr 28, 2012
I've learnt something new.
@op i say Thank U cool
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by Ignatio(m): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
safarigirl: Why should he quit acting? Why are people celebrating this? Whatever happened to continuity, it doesn't matter how old one gets, acting is a lifetime career. Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Sylvester Stallone, LL Cool J, these men started acting before Ramsey knew people did this for a living, have they retired? Last I checked, Denzel just premiered a new movie with one of the 'young bloods' Ryan Reynolds, Bruce Willis just started shooting a new movie, Will Smith remains the most popular movie star in the world and the others aren't doing bad either. Even Olu Jacobs and Pete Edochie who have been acting longer than Ramsey are yet to retire. If everyone starts retiring at 40 or less who will replace these men to play the elderly roles? Or do we think they'll be there forever? Sam Loco is gone, no replacement. The only actor that has his eye on continuity is Mike Ezeuronye, at least he's training his speech to sound mature

Nollywood has nothing more to offer unlike Hollywood where there is limitless room for creativity, growth and development
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by Ignatio(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2012
safarigirl: Why should he quit acting? Why are people celebrating this? Whatever happened to continuity, it doesn't matter how old one gets, acting is a lifetime career. Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Sylvester Stallone, LL Cool J, these men started acting before Ramsey knew people did this for a living, have they retired? Last I checked, Denzel just premiered a new movie with one of the 'young bloods' Ryan Reynolds, Bruce Willis just started shooting a new movie, Will Smith remains the most popular movie star in the world and the others aren't doing bad either. Even Olu Jacobs and Pete Edochie who have been acting longer than Ramsey are yet to retire. If everyone starts retiring at 40 or less who will replace these men to play the elderly roles? Or do we think they'll be there forever? Sam Loco is gone, no replacement. The only actor that has his eye on continuity is Mike Ezeuronye, at least he's training his speech to sound mature

Nollywood has nothing more to offer unlike Hollywood where there is limitless room for creativity, growth and development
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by Ignatio(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2012

Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by safarigirl(f): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ignatio:

please! Words of a pessimist, why haven't Olu Jacobs and Pete Edochie retired? Even Chiwetalu Agu, or did you skip those names on my list? As long as people are still producing, there'll always be something to offer, if he says he would like to divert into other stuff, fine, cos Pete is doing that, but to retire totally? I'm sure he doesn't even have a good back-up plan, in 5 years, he'll be known as the 'hasbeen' , probably end up being a contestant on 'who deserves to be a millionaire' in 20 years
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by Rossikk(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ignatio:

Some of you just open your mouth to talk arrant rubbish. ''Nollywood hasn't got anything to offer'' EVEN WHEN NOAUH HIMSELF SAID the industry is in a transition process and currently ''moving to the next level''. What about the recent rash of high quality efforts being churned out, that he referred to? Is that not progress? Or you expect them to turn to Hollywood in the blink of an eye?

1 Like

Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by cashfulme: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
Ramsey, u've made too much money in the movie industry. As an ibo man u r now looking for anoda line of biz...I feel u man
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by safarigirl(f): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
cashfulme: Ramsey, u've made too much money in the movie industry. As an ibo man u r now looking for anoda line of biz...I feel u man
He's not an Ibo man, his dad is Egyptian and his mum Cross Riverian, why must you guys always assume every light-skinned, good-looking, successful person is Ibo, he's even more Yoruba than Ibo cos he speaks fluent Yoruba. P.s I'm Ibo, before someone starts yelling 'tribalist' my way
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by McDoe(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2012
He is a nice guy. He has tried his best. Let us wish him the best in all his endeavours.
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by agiboma(f): 11:55pm On Apr 29, 2012
hes a good actor very handsome man smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by shilling(f): 6:57am On May 01, 2012
Funny that people consider him snobbish, he always seems down to earth in interviews. Anyways, all the best to him. He's one of my favorite Nigerian actors.
Re: Ramsey Nouah Set To Quit Acting by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 01, 2012
Good luck to him.

OmawumiMegbele: [size=20pt]Goodluck Ramsey. U've had ur fair share[/size]
lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Season Film You Have Watched / Air Peace To Sponsor The 12th Edition Of Gulder Ultimate Search / Justin Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.