Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request (1186 Views)

New Nairaland Feature / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 1:44am On Apr 27, 2012
So the previous version of NL had this, but it actually didn't work.

Any chance we can get it on this version? Shouldn't be too hard to implement..
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by CyberG: 2:03am On Apr 27, 2012
^ Kai, this will render SOME PEOPLE totally irrelevant on Nairaland! LOL. This is even a better idea than Seun blocking IPs as it will surely PAIN the government dogs, bootlickers and apologists grin grin to hear people tell them they never knew of their existence or posts! LWKMD!

But in another vein, this idea is the more reason why IP addresses should be blocked otherwise, as soon as some losers realize that it's only their fellow "team members" that are reading or responding to their posts, they will bombard Nairaland with new ID / user names defeating the original purpose. This will in turn artificially swell the number of users, create more headaches for admins managing the site, etc! But yes, I subscribe to this idea! grin grin
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by aljharem(m): 2:08am On Apr 27, 2012
ekt_bear: So the previous version of NL had this, but it actually didn't work.

Any chance we can get it on this version? Shouldn't be too hard to implement..

We really need it, there are some threads that Beaf and co need to be ignored
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ezotik: 2:16am On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem:

We really need it, there are some threads that Beaf and co need to be ignored

well, the id "beaf" is the mover and shaker of this politics section, without him this place is as good as dead. ur oga seun would not want that, would he? who nor like money?
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by aljharem(m): 2:33am On Apr 27, 2012
ezotik:

well, the id "beaf" is the mover and shaker of this politics section, without him this place is as good as dead. ur oga seun would not want that, would he? who nor like money?

Seun is not my Oga !

BTW I think Seun is enjoying Beaf's display in this section grin grin grin
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ezotik: 2:48am On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem:

Seun is not my Oga !

BTW I think Seun is enjoying Beaf's display in this section grin grin grin

grin abi na u enjoy am pass? without him on here, who is going to play with u? u will be bored to death on here, including the others who claim not to like him. and whether it is a good thing or not, dude sure knows how to go-in. grin grin and at least he has the time to indulge you all.

seun on the other hand, is looking for "facebook" money. so im sure he doesnt mind the traffic.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by aljharem(m): 2:50am On Apr 27, 2012
ezotik:

grin abi na u enjoy am pass? without him on here, who is going to play with u? u will be bored to death on here, including the others who claim not to like him. and whether it is a good thing or not, dude sure knows how to go-in. grin grin and at least he has the time to indulge you all.

seun on the other hand, is looking for "facebook" money, so im sure he doesnt mind the traffic.

LOL, I do enjoy Beaf comments at times because to shows good propaganda and even amazing is the way people accept it. That I find fascinating not to lie.

Seun just they enjoy e business
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 3:25am On Apr 27, 2012
It is just annoying sometimes when you are reading a thread and then it suddenly gets spammed.

In other forums I visit, not only are there ignore lists, but spammy, off-topic posts get deleted. Doesn't look like they have enough moderators here to do that...so give me ignore list so I can take care of the issue myself

1 Like

Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 3:29am On Apr 27, 2012
Unfortunately, I suspect that this easy-to-implement feature might not be so appealing to management, for traffic/revenue reasons...
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Beaf: 3:30am On Apr 27, 2012
I think we need a doctor on NL to check for blood pressure malfunctions and treat some of the revolutionery cases of madness that regularly pop up here. grin

Comedy!
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by aljharem(m): 3:32am On Apr 27, 2012
Beaf: I think we need a doctor on NL to check for blood pressure malfunctions and treat some of the revolutionery cases of madness that regularly pop up here. grin

Comedy!

But dude to tell you the truth, you are a troll. undecided
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by EkoIle1: 4:05am On Apr 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Unfortunately, I suspect that this easy-to-implement feature might not be so appealing to management, for traffic/revenue reasons...

But I don't see any long time gain in all that. Why dumb down your own Forum with spams and trollish posts 24/7? I don't think it's all about seun, it's about people enabling and giving him attention even after seeing his baits coming.

I ignore any thread with beaf in it. It's called self censorship and it's a perfect solution for me.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 4:29am On Apr 27, 2012
Unfortunately, spam and trollish posts = more clicks, more posts = more revenue
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 27, 2012
Why would anyone let Beaf annoy them? Just see him how I see him : Paid Clown on Rampage!

Read his comments, laugh, and if you feel like, curse his aszzz out and keep it moving. Getting mad at Beaf's paid opinions is like complaining that GEJ is a dunce; nothing is changing anytime soon. So, just do as I say and you'll be fine.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 5:21am On Apr 27, 2012
I don't think anyone is getting angry/mad. I just don't want to see them...

Like i said, annoying to be reading a thread and then just have endless amounts of picture spam.

It is a waste of time..
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 27, 2012
To be honest, I choose who to annoy and when to annoy people just for the hell/ fun of it.
I also get annoyed, i just simply ignore. And I prefer it when I'm ignored during one of those boring periods on NL cheesy

TBH, If you're talking about Beaf, the best way to get under his skin is to post something about his master, GEJ.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 27, 2012
ekt_bear: I don't think anyone is getting angry/mad. I just don't want to see them...

Like i said, annoying to be reading a thread and then just have endless amounts of picture spam.

It is a waste of time..

OAM4J needs to take his job serious and delete the endless craps of irrelevant pictures and large fonts.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 5:31am On Apr 27, 2012
Well there is no logical reason for us to have to rely on him alone.

Plus we all have different tastes. Easiest way to deal with this is to just have ignore lists...
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2012
smh, if possible this thread should first be moved to the ignore list or whatever
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by DisGuy: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2012
Brilliant suggestion

tribalist and trolls will surely be restricted in this section
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Seun(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
If spam increases traffic, why do we have an anti-spam bot? People should try to use their cranial organs.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
If you come accross a troll, you can report his posts using the "report to moderator" link.
That's preferable to the selfish ignore list suggestion because it will benefit everyone. Geez.
Re: Ignore Lists: New Nairaland Feature Request by ektbear: 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ignore list = selfish? Lol.

So I take it no ignore lists?

Do you understand the point that people have different tastes, and that what others might consider spam/trolling, others find entertaining?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hi / How Much Is Your Monthly PHCN Bill? / Five (5) Moral Lessons Learnt From Brazil Vs Germany World Cup Match [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.