Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why People Don't Understand Prophets - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Don't Understand Prophets (2762 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by mabell: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
newmi:
With no malicious intent whatsoever to discredit your stance but permit me to say that you don't seem to be reckoning with my perspective, l am not advocating that they were "violent" can't remember ever even mentioning that perhaps you might need to review my most recent post again. They were IRREVERENT AND PROFANE and it is also important that you understand that they were in a "THEOCRATIC GOVERNING SYSTEM" so the logic of HUMANE MORAL RATIONALITY does not appeal to the justice of the time. God is Merciful and Kind otherwise if we were in such a dispensation who can tell those who would still be alive where it was JUSTIFICATION BY WORKS AND SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS but thank God for His Grace.

Very merciful remember lots wife.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
A lot of people do not understand the functionality of the office of a prophet
@ op
Can you throw more light.?
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by buzugee(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
logicboy:

You just lied. What did the bible tell you about lying, Mr Ckkris, the real christian?

I was a catholic for 22 years. I was a christian. I read the bible, fasted and prayed.
no wonder you are angry. you spent 22 years being a harlot to some bald headed pedo-phile from poland called the pope. thats enough to get any sane man angry. now i understand your anger at the lord. come here let me console you my former papal harlot cry
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
logicboy:

You just lied. What did the bible tell you about lying, Mr Ckkris, the real christian?

I was a catholic for 22 years. I was a christian. I read the bible, fasted and prayed.
That's the problem. OlaDaegbu asked me the same question on another thread. This people fail to realise that in most cases, atheists/agnostics had studied the BIBLE and done their best to follow its rules and regulations before giving up on them. That's why I'm not shocked when some 'christians' here repeat verbatim statements made by the pastors without verifying from the Scriptures. And when the atheist/agnostic with their 'WORD', they resort to insults and 'divine' threats...

buzugee: no wonder you are angry. you spent 22 years being a harlot to some bald headed pedo-phile from poland called the pope. thats enough to get any sane man angry. now i understand your anger at the lord. come here let me console you my former papal harlot cry
Lol.. buzugee, the enlightened one.. what's up man?
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by buzugee(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2012
musKeeto:
That's the problem. OlaDaegbu asked me the same question on another thread. This people fail to realise that in most cases, atheists/agnostics had studied the BIBLE and done their best to follow its rules and regulations before giving up on them. That's why I'm not shocked when some 'christians' here repeat verbatim statements made by the pastors without verifying from the Scriptures. And when the atheist/agnostic with their 'WORD', they resort to insults and 'divine' threats...

Lol.. buzugee, the enlightened one.. what's up man?
chilling. chilling. whats good with you my Brethren musKeeto. trust all is well.
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by newmi(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
logicboy:
2) The youth mocked a human being for being bald. The death penalty does not apply. Did you see that in anywhere in the 10 commandments or the other laws in Exodus?
Sure the youth mocked a "human being" no doubt but not just any human being except you are suggesting that the prophet in question was not a prophet of God and a representative of God so if they mock the sent one who in actual fact is being mocked?

logicboy:
3) The youth were not in a theocracy, they were in a monarchy. Ahab was king.

Well what mattered was the system the prophet functioned in and by the way almost every "nation" then had practiced some form of theocracy regardless of the "deity"

logicboy:
4) As for the bold part, was it not Peter that denied Jesus? Is that not denying God/a prophet of God? Hypocrisy?
So whats your point sorry you didn't communicate
logicboy:
5) Also for the bold part, just because something is in the bible, it doesnt mean that it is true. If I insult a prophet, the prophet is not God, I am insulting the prophet. The pope is not God and neither is pastor Chris who are men like me. Should I be senteced to death for insulting pastor Chris or the pope?
Please are you planning to "INSULT" the pope? You see my friend its not a question of the sentence of a "death penalty" but trust me its perhaps one of decency and the novelty of being noble or what do you think, would a noble man "INSULT" the Pope?
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
nuella2: Great thread.

Can't we pray and change prophecies especially danger. Why do some prophets dwell more on confirmation, I thought prophecies are warnings, meaning even the prophets should not just wait for them to happen but pray and fast if possible to avert it. Is the office of the prophet just declaring what must happen?

There is preaching part of prophecy , there's warning part of prophecy . There's judgement part of prophecy actually the last two go together.

Jeremiah 1:10
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant

Some people can prophesy to individuals , some can prophesy upon a city. Some other are prophets over nation , nations and the entire world.

If a prophet gives a warning. He is to be consulted on what to do to avert it .except of course if the solution is already common knowledge. There' are things that can be changed , and there' are things that cant be changed due to to certain spiritual laws.
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Azibalua(f): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
mabell:

@ op

How do we know one who is functioning in the office of a prophet and not just exercising the gift of prophecy?
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by PastorAIO: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
newmi:
Calm down this is suppose to be a discussion not a thug fight. Perhaps the use of the word "Hooligans" was an insolvent analogous proximate and an aberration from the thought that was intended to be communicated because the bible didn't really call them Hooligans but the bible didn't also qualify the action of the prophet as an act of murder like you tried to portray. So where did you get your verdict from.

Hmmm, an insolvent analogous proximate. O ku se! You may carry on.

1 Like

Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
Lmao...
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
mabell:

@ op

The point is that the parameters used by many christians to judge true prophets are wrong. The know nothing about who a prophet is.
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2012
So what are the right parameters?
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2012
Azibalua:

How do we know one who is functioning in the office of a prophet and not just exercising the gift of prophecy?

All may be called prophets in generic terms but The man that has gift of prophecy does not have authority that a Prophet has. A prophet is a face to face man with God. Some ignorant folks use words like . We are all thesame . They lack knowledge of spiritual things .

The gift operates in to ways . By desire and by grace. We can desire a gift to operate in. And we start practicing by faith. The grace part is that you may just see this gift manifest even without a desire for it. An influence comes upon you and you operate under it. But the office of the prophet just like the apostle . I will call it the duo highest office. Actually the bible make reference to apostles and prophets as highest positions in the body. A prophet is an embodiment of gifts. He has authority . It's not what you just stroll into. He is a seer. A watchman , an intercessor. Several gifts work with the prophet. Word of knowledge ,word of wisdom , discerning of spirit, healing , miracles . He walks in this graces . He is a friend of God and a partner with God in world affair. He is not a man to be grieved . Even though a prophet has to manage his emotion . By being very humble because the words of a prophet carry power. Even in the flesh. Why did Jesus curse a tree? Was it by revelation or by emotion? . If a prophet say certain things jokingly ,it may come to pass. So he has to tame his tongue. That's why most prophet are humble and forgiving.

My point is it grieves me when I see people abuse prophets of God ignorantly . Without knowing the consequences. People don't really know the who a prophet is.
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And you didn't answer the question
Azibalua:

You can ignore mine.
Re: Why People Don't Understand Prophets by asam7(f): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
We have liars as prophets today, they all want money

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A True Bible Living Church I Can Recommend For Sinners That Repent Newly / Pastor Chris’ Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Her Mum On Divorce / Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.