Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,675 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? (2032 Views)

Environmental Impact Assessment Agent(e.i.a) $g.i.s Consultant / Environmental Impact Assessment Agent(e.i.a) $g.i.s Consultant / Got Any Construction Work To Do? Please Check This! (S.E.I.C) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by ASHLAND(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2012
Please does anybody knows if the tiles (floor or wall) that people sell in Nigeria carry "P.E.I. WEARING RATINGS"? I am asking this question because I did not see anyone mentioning the ratings in all the tile information topics that I came across on this forum. The ratings ranges from class 1 to class 5. Each class is dedicated to its application; however, the ratings has no effect on the price of the product according to my research.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by Sprumbaba: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
No rating at all. If you saw rating on them, it is not genuine. Most of the tiles here fades with time. Also, there is no classification for you to know which is slippery or not.
You are better off importing if you care about rating. I will never buy mine locally though. I have close to seven pallets to move to Naija for a project. I buy 20% more than I need incase a design changes and wastage.

2 Likes

Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by ASHLAND(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
@ Cinco, Caseymoney, Spyder880. Please your response will be highly appreciated. The tiles here in the U.S actually carry the "P.E.I. WEARING RATING", and it is not all of them that are made in the U.S; some of them are from China and Brazil. I am trying to avoid buying it here to avoid shipping cost and related problems provided I could get something similar to my choice in Nigeria. However, I love many of the tiles posted on this forum by you guys.
Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by ASHLAND(m): 1:26am On May 01, 2012
shocked
Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by ASHLAND(m): 12:37am On May 15, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by caseymoney(m): 2:01am On May 15, 2012
The Porcelain Enamel Institute ( PEI ) is a testing system to rate the strength of the glaze that is applied to the tile against scratching and wearing. I believe there are good tiles in Nigeria but you may pay more to get the good stuff. 80% of tiles here in the US are either made in Mexico or China. The good news is, there is quality control on stuff that are shipped/imported to the United States.

As you rightly said, the PEI ratings doesn't affect the price or quality of any tiles. However, It help you determine which tiles should be used in a particular section of the house you are flooring. PEI is not applicable to all type tiles. It's for glazed tiles only.
Re: Does Tiles Sell In Nigeria Carries " P.E.I WEARING RATINGS" ? by ASHLAND(m): 3:40am On May 16, 2012
Caseymoney thanks for the response.

(1) (Reply)

2 Plts Of Land (fenced) With 2 Bedroom Flat @ Majek For Sale / Roof Top Ventilator / 10 Reasons why You Should Move To Ibeju Lekki Now ..Your Agent won't tell u this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.