Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

ODEMWINGIE Named West Brom’s RECORD SCORER - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ODEMWINGIE Named West Brom’s RECORD SCORER (647 Views)

Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ODEMWINGIE Named West Brom’s RECORD SCORER by BlackPikiN(m): 5:55am On Apr 28, 2012
PETER OSAZE ODEMWINGIE is savouring the record he set on Sunday in the 1-0 defeat of Liverpool where he became the first West Bromwich player to reach 25 Barclays Premier League goals. For a side like the Baggies, it has made the achievement more outstanding.

The Nigerian striker scored 15 goals in his first season and has followed that up with 10 this term with three matches still to play.

“It was my 25th goal in the Premier League, which is another bonus for us, and for me. I’m happy, firstly to score and then to match what Jeff Astle achieved,” Odemwingie told his club’s website.

Odemwingie said he learnt the way to score against Liverpool’s goalkeeper Pepe Reina from compatriot Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

“Experience and past mistakes helped me to make the right decision,” he said.

“I showed him with my movement that I was going for the far post, but in a split second I remembered every time I showed them that they always pick it out. This time I decided to change and shot at the near post.

“When I signed here double figures was always in my mind and people say double figures for a club like West Brom is always a great achievement,” Odemwingie said.

Added to his scoring record, Odemwingie has been named the Premier League player of the month three times in his short spell in England.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/odemwingie-named-west-broms-record-scorer/

(1) (Reply)

The Best Team For Euro 2012 / updated: Euro 2012 Betting Predictions: Croatia Vs Spain || Italy Vs Ireland / England Can’t Win 2014 World Cup – Shearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.