Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? (9381 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by NEWBIN: 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
reggae is a spiritual music by rasta people who though believe in the bible n yahweh and jesus yet revere haile sellasie as God almighty.
funny as it may sound, most reggae songs talk about righteousness even though they uphold haile sellasie.now i love reggae than any music.can i go to heaven?

wouf!
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by ProPastorChris(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
Your passport to heaven is to believe and confess Jesus as saviour and lord of your life and love him above everything and anything in this world.
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by logicboy: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
NEW BIN: reggae is a spiritual music by rasta people who though believe in the bible n yahweh and jesus yet revere haile sellasie as God almighty.
funny as it may sound, most reggae songs talk about righteousness even though they uphold haile sellasie.now i love reggae than any music.can i go to heaven?

wouf!

Jah bless. I am an atheist but I dont think that you will be judged by the music you listen to. Raggae is not only made by rastafarians there are millions of christians in the Caribbean and some of them make reggae music.

Mavado, one of my favourite dancehall artistes from Jamaica is a christian;

Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by cyrexx: 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
seriously, where did we get the idea that the music you listen to will get you condemned to spend eternity in hell fire. then are you to force yourself to listen to music you dont enjoy just that you will make heaven. i love hiphop music and i used to force myself to listen to poorly produced gospel music till i realized i dont have to. music is a form of art just like any other art. i guess christians are not forced watch only gospel films or read only gospel magazines and books or watch gospel football or own only gospel pieces of art or enjoy only gospel this or that. pls liberate yourself from bondage of men. At the end of one's life you regret what you want to do but didnt do more than regretting the things you do that you shouldn't do. i hope you wont regret not enjoying the beautiful form of music that God created and that he wants you to appreciate and enjoy.
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2012
Nope. With any genre of music, there's always good. It all depends on what, who you listen to and the message being given. Categorizing one genre of music as bad is like saying every pear on a pear tree is bad, when you have taken the time to pick and sort through them. You will always find the good ones. You just have to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlrGKgdQH8

1 Like

Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by Callotti: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
I don't think so.
Since MOST Christians I have met also smoke GANJA and snort Cocaine!
Praise da LORD! grin
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by NEWBIN: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Callotti: I don't think so.
Since MOST Christians I have met also smoke GANJA and snort Cocaine!
Praise da LORD! grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by AtheistD(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2012
You might as well lock yourself in a cave and await the second coming. That might guarantee you a chance.
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by MRAKPORS(m): 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Atheist:-D:
You might as well lock yourself in a cave and await the second coming. That might guarantee you a chance.

shocked shocked
Re: Is It À Sin For A Christian To Love Reggae Music? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
NEW BIN: reggae is a spiritual music by rasta people who though believe in the bible n yahweh and jesus yet revere haile sellasie as God almighty.

wouf!

Why not kill yourself and go meet your imaginary God

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.