Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Are U Willing To Lay Down Ur Life 4 D Lord In Religious, Married Or Single Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are U Willing To Lay Down Ur Life 4 D Lord In Religious, Married Or Single Life (498 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / Who Was Abraham Refering To As Lord In Genesis 18 / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are U Willing To Lay Down Ur Life 4 D Lord In Religious, Married Or Single Life by naslinks(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(Scripture:  John 10:11-18)
THEME:Are you willing to lay down your life for the Lord in religious, married or single life?

Today the Church celebrates Good Shepherd Sunday. The readings refer to the Good Shepherd, a popular and well-loved image. It is also celebrated as Vocation Sunday where we are encouraged to pray for vocations to priesthood and religious life. The sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd and follow him. Let us pray this day for followers of the Good Shepherd who imitate Him by giving their lives for the sake of the Gospel.
The Father loves Jesus since He lays down His life for His sheep. The Father loves us all, but He is especially drawn to the man and woman who seek a life of loving service. Jesus tells us that He lays His life down freely. His will is completely surrendered to the will of the Father. He knows the Father gives Him power to lay it down and take it up. This is the power of the Resurrection.
By virtue of our baptism, we are called to lay down our life for service in the Kingdom of God. Many are called but few are chosen to the religious life and the call to priesthood. We live in a world that is very egocentric — all about me. The one who follows the Lord as priest or religious is swimming against the tide of the world. So many things claim the attention of the youth today to distract them and turn them away from serving God. So, when we witness and hear a call to the religious life, we are amazed at what the Lord, the Good Shepherd, can achieve in weak human beings whose hearts are open to Him. His is the power at work in them, offering their lives to the glory of His name. Countless men and women have served the Lord in this way. Still the Lord calls His people.
Let us pray for vocations. Let us especially call to mind those whom we know or whom we should approach to discover the call of God in their lives. Perhaps they are waiting to be asked. Sometimes, all it takes is an invitation to consider a call to religious life.It could happen to you. Be open.

PRAYER:"Lord Jesus, you are the Good Shepherd who keeps watch over our lives. May I be ever attentive to your voice and submit fully to your wise rule for my life.  Draw me near to you that I may always find peace and joy in your presence.”
Re: Are U Willing To Lay Down Ur Life 4 D Lord In Religious, Married Or Single Life by italo: 7:10am On Apr 30, 2012
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

The Power In Us / Why Do Nigerians Love Residing In The Valley Of The Dry Bones / To All Church Universities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.