Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

Life Without A Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Without A Mum (4854 Views)

Photo: A Mum Breastfeeding Her Child While Using The Toilet / 24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!! / Becoming A Mum B4 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2006
Life has definitely been misreable for me without a mum for the past 6 years. I just want to know how you all manage to live without a mum. I mean you all that have no mum.

cry cry cry cry
Re: Life Without A Mum by Hotstepper(f): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
sorry sweetie
Re: Life Without A Mum by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2006
I know how u feel. sometimes u just want to see her again. You wish u werent so disobedient, so silly, so rebellious. , you just want to see her again. I lost my mum 5 yrs ago.
Re: Life Without A Mum by Zahymaka(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2006
One thing about not having a mum is that no one can ever take the place of one's mum. I feel you sweetie.
Re: Life Without A Mum by hotangel2(f): 12:20am On Mar 29, 2006
Life without a mom could be the best if life with one is hell.

Life without a mom but with a caring dad has deffinitely being a sweet one. Life with an aunt who is just like a mom and better in every way is also good.

Im sorry you miss your mom.
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rosby(m): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2006
'Life without a mom' from tender age is a life with a vacumn that cannot be filled. 'Mother' has a special place in every man's life that cannot be occupied by any other. A life without a father is preferable. There is 90% - 100% possibility of a woman occupying fully the place of a father in a child but the reverse is not the case.

The duties and responsibilities assigned to women to their child naturally from the inception of the world is more personal compared to that of men. That is why a child who has no mother or has an irresponsible mother, no matter how caring his uncles, aunt, sisters or father are to him at that tender age, he will still feel the absence of 'motherly love'.

MOTHERS are specially made by God and no being on earth can take their place in the life of their children.
Re: Life Without A Mum by julietnice(f): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2006
honey sorry, i know how u feel ok.
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2006
Thanks
smiley
Re: Life Without A Mum by hotangel2(f): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2006
Rosby:

The duties and responsibilities assigned to women to their child naturally from the inception of the world is more personal compared to that of men. That is why a child who has no mother or has an irresponsible mother, no matter how caring his uncles, aunt, sisters or father are to him at that tender age, he will still feel the absence of 'motherly love'.

MOTHERS are specially made by God and no being on earth can take their place in the life of their children.

I'm surprised at your generalization.

The duties and responsibilities assigned to a woman, are well naturally blah blah blah, But in the case where the woman doesnt seem to be more on the supportive side. And the father takes it all to be his job to take care of the child. Yes there are few of those men arround, (glad i live with one of them).
I am really going to go against the part of your post that says 'a child who has no mother or irresponsible mother misses motherly love". If you've never experienced motherly love, i actually don't think there's a way in which you'll feel the absence or "miss it".

You have to have to experience something, leave it and then Miss it's absensce. If a child has people arround him or her, who act as the mother in his/her life, those people will become the people he'll miss if s/he leaves them Not a mother whom s/he never had.

please spare me the mothers are made by God and no one can take their place sermon. Come on now, fathers arent that bad if you've got a good one, Yet another reason why i thank God for my dad. I love him more than i'll ever love any pther person in this world. (maybe my husband tho). But yeah, Mothers are good if u have one in your life, but fathers aren't suckers like people put em to be. Again, there r few good fathers arround (i agree). But where there's a good father, i'll have to disagree that no one can take the place of a mother in a child's life.
Re: Life Without A Mum by idiotboop(f): 4:14am On Mar 30, 2006
@beyunce

Hi , sorry about your problem, can i ask how old you are? and is it that your mum is no longer with us?or is just absent? either way i know how you feel, i think its been great people encouraging you here, whether its a death or an absence , a child definitely feels the void. I lost my mum when i was 9yrs and if you ever want to chat , i am here.

@hot-angel  smiley
i know your heart is in the right place and see your point about some parts of Rosby's reply , i also disagree with most of yours speaking from personal experience, but i wont get into it ,lets not nit pick. I dont know if you have any personal experience here. I feel the analysis is irrelevant and what beyunce is looking for is encouragement and useful discussion on her problem, lets all share experiences and beyunce can take from each what she wants.  

Beyunce i miss my mum terribly and when people say time is a healer, i disagree and say the ache remains , and its been 20yrs, and time just helps you to manage the loss. Just keep strong, let the pain overwhelm you sometimes dont be scared, instead of bottling it up, have a good cry, its ok, but one thing you must do is talk , i hope you have someone you talk to. So often people remember the sad things, things that make them sad about the loss, its also good to have a good memory day, chat to someone about happy experiences and you will feel positive and you would be able to gain some level of control you feel you loose when you having a dark day.

Take care don't want to make this too long you might not read it  wink   smiley
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2006
Thanks I reall appreciate this.
I really Do.
Take care.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Life Without A Mum by Softee(f): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
beyunce:

LIFE AS DIFFINATELY BEEN MISREABLE FOR ME WITHOUT A MUM FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS,
I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU ALL MANAGE TO LIVE WITHOUT A MUM
I MEAN U ALL THAT HAVE NO MUM.
cry cry cry cry

I'm sorry about your situation. I understand you a bit because i am without my father since i was born. Although my situation differs from yours i guess its still the same kind of emotions. What you gotta do is tell yourself you have a friend in Jesus and he is your Daddy/Mummy. I'm not saying you will stop feeling a bit down at times but this is just a boost of encouragement for one to go on in life.
Re: Life Without A Mum by IAH(f): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2006
My cousin does not even know her Mum. She has never seen her before, her Mum died while giving birth to her. What did she miss? Nothing because like hot-angel said, she has a good Daddy and a good husband too! kiss And by the way, she is now a wonderful Mum herself. She gave birth in January. cheesy cheesy So Rosby, please spare us the Momma gist. tongue
Re: Life Without A Mum by IAH(f): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2006
Hmm, on second thoughts, I didn't mean that as an offence to Rosby. Apologies.
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2006
its not a jist.
angry angry angry
Re: Life Without A Mum by IAH(f): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2006
But I apologised now. abi what more do you want? angry angry angry
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2006
JUST DONT DO THAT AGAIN TO ANYONE.
ONE LOVE
Re: Life Without A Mum by Dupsybaby(f): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2006
I feel you, moms love is different from all but u have to be strong for urself, wink
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2006
thanks girl.
Re: Life Without A Mum by eveseh(f): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2006
without mom life is nothing cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rhodalyn(f): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2006
awwwwwwwwww poor U gal sad sad sad kiss kiss kiss
Re: Life Without A Mum by eveseh(f): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2006
Rhodalyn:

awwwwwwwwww poor U girl sad sad sad kiss kiss kiss

tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2006
tanks to u all dat care.
Re: Life Without A Mum by Dupsybaby(f): 9:09pm On May 01, 2006
Goodluck in life hon,
Re: Life Without A Mum by babymine(f): 1:38pm On May 02, 2006
Life without a mum? I dunno?
I guess it won't be so sweet. grin grin grin
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rhodalyn(f): 1:41pm On May 02, 2006
eveseh:

tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Life Without A Mum by babymine(f): 1:42pm On May 02, 2006
Rhod, stop shaking that thing!!!  The guyz are talkin tongue  tongue  tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Without A Mum by beyunce(f): 1:43pm On May 02, 2006
pls keep shaking it. i love it.
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rhodalyn(f): 1:45pm On May 02, 2006
Shake that thing miss kana kana
Shake that thing miss annabella
Shake that thing yan donna donna
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Life Without A Mum by babymine(f): 1:46pm On May 02, 2006
Well I don't it's a good idea. You neva know who you might be tempting.  
grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rhodalyn(f): 1:47pm On May 02, 2006
l.o.l cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Life Without A Mum by Rosby(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2006
;d

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Is Not Pooping / How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? / Emotional Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.