Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? (4858 Views)

How Can We Stop Him From Joining The Military? / Why We Stop Over At Beer Parlours – Abuja Men / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2012
God blessed us wit a baby Girl in Dec. But am worried about her hiccups after eating
How do we stop/reduce it?
Thank You
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by zayhal(f): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
Babies usually have hiccups. It's not a problem at all. If you're on exclusive breastfeeding, just feed her whenever she has hiccups. As the baby grows older, the hiccup reduces till it gradually stops.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by mutter(f): 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2012
congratulations.
Zayhal is right it does stop on it`s own, breastfeeding is effective if the milk comes out fast enough. A little crying also works.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by ng4am(f): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2012
Its normal, dont let it bother u. It will reduce gradually as time goes. Congrats
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by blank(f): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2012
Pls make sure u burp her after every feeding.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by MissyB3(f): 12:06am On Jan 14, 2012
*Put a short string of thread on the head* cheesy
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by babsjnr(m): 1:14am On Jan 14, 2012
@op there's no medication to stop hiccups it's normal for new born baby after 3-4 months it will reduce.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by elelem(m): 7:40am On Jan 14, 2012
Pls always burp your baby after feeding him to break the much air he gulped while feeding.also make sure ur baby's mouth is well positioned while sucking to avoid sucking in much air
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by ifyalways(f): 10:15am On Jan 14, 2012
Missy_B:

*Put a short string of thread on the head* cheesy
Hahaha
Proper home babe!

You know i still do that to myself even as an adult.and it works.Rofl
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by zayhal(f): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2012
Ify, U really think it works? I've tried it several times and I don't see it working. What works for me is breastfeeding and water. I don't believe in that wool stuff at all.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by ifyalways(f): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2012
Zayhal,Salams.
For a child,I believe water,breastmilk and burping works.But our mothers used pieces of thread.

For me as an adult,when i can't get water instantly i use thread and it works for me.or maybe its just my mindset,dunno.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by zayhal(f): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2012
My mum used to put wool on my babies' head when they get d hiccup and I don't know why, it usually pisses me off, especially if the hiccup doesn't stop on time. After few seconds of putting it, I'd ask her why is d hiccup still there now, lol. And I'd just carry my baby and feed him/her.like you said, mindset/belief are what works in these things. BTW what's d correlation between hiccup and a piece of wool. Lols
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by Mayflowa(m): 2:49am On Jan 15, 2012
*Put a short string of thread on the head*

binigirl! Koyo o kiss
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by MissyB3(f): 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
Mayflowa:

binigirl! Koyo o kiss
I hon! Vbo ye é ? smiley
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by simpleseyi: 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
Please what is the meaning of "hiccups"?
I have a very young baby too. Please educate me.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by blank(f): 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hiccups or hiccoughs can be googled and information made available.

Hope i have taught u how to fish?
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by simpleseyi: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2012
blank! blank!! blank!!! how many times did I call you? You are looking for my trouble. Who is asking you how to fish? If I want to know how to fish, I will go to Jonathan Goodluck who has BSc in Zoology, MSc in Fisheries and PhD in Zoology. The definitions on the net are too Oyinboish.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by blank(f): 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
Sorry o. I no dey find trouble.

It's just that it is difficult to describe. It is easier to point it out when it is happening.
Check youtube and search for baby hiccups.
Re: How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
Thanks every one your contributions have been very help.
My girl was 3 months yesterday, and like all said, the hiccups have reduced a great deal.

14. simpleseyi:

Please what is the meaning of "hiccups"?
I have a very young baby too. Please educate me.

Well hiccuping is that situation that occurs when babies, after eating begin to hiccup - I mean where their chest goes in and out almost continual and the baby makes a sound with the mouth, lilke "hiccup"! Now how do you define hiccuping.
Hope that helped Simpleseyi?

(1) (Reply)

My Baby Is Not Pooping / My Wife Called Me A Liar / FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.