Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921080 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2012
ksjlar: Hello fellows,

This thread is very interesting and I want to say thanks to all people who has dedicated their time in helping others in here.
Please with a number like 7xxx, when do you think I might have an interview. The visa bulletin has not said anything comprehensive on DV 2013 yet.
Also how much money should I have for my bank statement and do you get any help in finding a job if you are granted the visa?

I hope people who have passed through the process can give hints.

Thanks
You dont need to have money in your account before they grant you visa but you must have someone in US to stay with. The money you need to have is for the processing of your application.They wont get you job once you enter US but they will assist you in the process of getting one.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2012
tosmy :
plz I need a fast advice on this issue off petition I don't understand what they mean by this and affidavit off sponsor,cos my wife won the lottery and we have a child with us can you pls help me out fast cos I want to fill the form but am taken my time to understand it better before fill plz I need a fast advice.......and I wish all the winners the best off luck
As for the affidavit of support,please mail US embassy in NIgeria to find out if they still collect it.They dint collect for 2012 applicants. As for the petition,can you tell the forms where you saw that,cant find it on the forms with me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2012
jst.hitang:
[color=#006600][/color]
Hy all dv winners
In last days I send my form to KCC. Still I didn't get any reply from KCC. Hoping, I 'll get soon. Now I hav a Questions.
My father name in my all certificate(ramesh chand) is printed without family name but on my citizenship card(ramesh chand bhusal) my father name with family name. My problem is tht I didn't filled my father family name in ds-230 form. Would it create any problem?
And 2nd thing: my mother's name is different in my school(rita devi) certificates than citizenship card(sunita devi bhusal). And I filled her name according to certificate on my ds-230 form. It is very silly mistake. Will it create any problem at interview? will I need to make a certification that those both are my parents or what? I'm very tensioned so pls pls Any one give ur best advice on this matter. Thanks
Whatever mistake you must have made,mail KCC and explain to them
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:21am On May 22, 2012
pls experts, my cn is AF00012*** .wen can i expect my interview date...i hv mailed my forms to kcc.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 11:27am On May 22, 2012
temmytanny:
You dont need to have money in your account before they grant you visa but you must have someone in US to stay with. The money you need to have is for the processing of your application.They wont get you job once you enter US but they will assist you in the process of getting one.

Thanks Temmy. I appreciate the response. I really donno how to reply to specific posts in here all I see is reply at the top and buttom of page.
Hope you bear me out. But thanks for the help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papasan100: 11:30am On May 22, 2012
Am DV2013 winner from Kenya my CN:2013AF00023*** I would like to know from my fellow Nigerians experts what can be the approximate month when my number will be current(Appx. Interview date)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 11:34am On May 22, 2012
temmytanny:

Hello Temmy and fellow roomies,

Do you please know the specific help you get in the process of finding job as you stated that they assist you in the process.
Also with the address of someone living in the states, will they check up on the person and see whether the size of his apartment is enough to accommodate you?

Thanks once again and I must admit that this site is very helpful I have signed up to other sites prior to this one and I am yet to receive administrator approval to post questions and comments.
This site is really awesome.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2012
temmytanny:
As for the affidavit of support,please mail US embassy in NIgeria to find out if they still collect it.They dint collect for 2012 applicants. As for the petition,can you tell the forms where you saw that,cant find it on the forms with me
thanks for your responce man,if you check on what they requested to come with to interview affidavit off is also listed among and also again what are the document to be submited with the forms thanks once again to all nairalander and I wish us all the best.........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 1:47pm On May 22, 2012
temmytanny: As for the affidavit of support,please mail US embassy in NIgeria to find out if they still collect it.They dint collect for 2012 applicants. As for the petition,can you tell the forms where you saw that,cant find it on the forms with me

tosmy :
thanks for your responce man,if you check on what they requested to come with to interview affidavit off is also listed among and also again what are the document to be submited with the forms thanks once again to all nairalander and I wish us all the best.........

I called them about the petition portion and they told me it is my name again that i should repeat on that line and my address. Hope this helps. With affidavit of support I did not see that in the requirement list. However, I saw it in the DV 2013 instructions site, at the question and answer portion. It states that you either need a bank statement of your own or an affidavit of support or an employment letter or both/all if applicable. I was confused when I read that but Temmy says they did not ask about affidavit for 2012 so . . .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:41pm On May 22, 2012
ksjlar:

I called them about the petition portion and they told me it is my name again that i should repeat on that line and my address. Hope this helps. With affidavit of support I did not see that in the requirement list. However, I saw it in the DV 2013 instructions site, at the question and answer portion. It states that you either need a bank statement of your own or an affidavit of support or an employment letter or both/all if applicable. I was confused when I read that but Temmy says they did not ask about affidavit for 2012 so . . .
Dats why i said u shld mail d US Embassy in ur locality to confirm the affidavif of support
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2012
chykezworld: pls experts, my cn is AF00012*** .wen can i expect my interview date...i hv mailed my forms to kcc.
Your interview might come late in the year or early next year
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:27pm On May 22, 2012
papasan100: Am DV2013 winner from Kenya my CN:2013AF00023*** I would like to know from my fellow Nigerians experts what can be the approximate month when my number will be current(Appx. Interview date)
cant give you exact date but i gues it gona be next year(early)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2012
Guys and ladies, if you are confused about the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, please mail the embassy in your country to confirm if its required. As for Nigeria 2012DV applicants,it is not required.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tunisiandv: 6:27pm On May 22, 2012
hey brothers,
my case number is :47xxx:is there any chance to do the interview because am so afraid they will not reach that case number??!! sad
i didn't send my forms to the KCC.Is there any deadline for sending the forms.
and thank you in advance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 6:54pm On May 22, 2012
I asked this question earlier but I guess it has been missed by the experts.

Please pardon me to re-post it again:

Do you please know the specific help you get in the process of finding job as you stated that they assist you in the process of finding employment.
Also with the address of someone living in the states, will they check up on the person and see whether the size of his apartment is enough to accommodate you or whether he is well to do?

Thanx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2012
ksjlar:

I ll try to mail them now and my case number is AF00014 can you plz tell me the time I call for my interview and and about this imminization stuff is it meant for all applicant or children thanks my fellow nairaland we shall shear the testimony together soon................................
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 7:38pm On May 22, 2012
tosmy :
I ll try to mail them now and my case number is AF00014 can you plz tell me the time I call for my interview and and about this imminization stuff is it meant for all applicant or children thanks my fellow nairaland we shall shear the testimony together soon................................

With immunization you as the primary applicant need it as well as all accompanying you to the US. The assigned doctors can best help you with which immunizations you should take. You must take along previous immunization certificates to the medical doctor who might advice you on which you should or should not take. Best you call the assigned doctor and have a discussion.

With your case number, I hear other people are saying December or early next year. I don't know much about the dates but others here will help out am sure.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2012
ksjlar:

With immunization you as the primary applicant need it as well as all accompanying you to the US. The assigned doctors can best help you with which immunizations you should take. You must take along previous immunization certificates to the medical doctor who might advice you on which you should or should not take. Best you call the assigned doctor and have a discussion.

With your case number, I hear other people are saying December or early next year. I don't know much about the dates but others here will help out am sure.
thanks so much for your respond........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 8:38pm On May 22, 2012
pls my case num is 2013AF000071** when would be my interview pls tell me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 8:39pm On May 22, 2012
tobi16: pls my case num is 2013AF000071** when would be my interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2012
[quote author=tobi16][/quote]hi temmy for all ur advice,i went tru 2012 lottery testimony and I read ur interview challenge,how far have you gone about it I ll like to hear from you are you in state now?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 1:17am On May 23, 2012
I am new to this forum and I just wanna say that I admire the way you all help each other out. That in itself is very encouraging. That said, keep up the good work and goodluck to all of you!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 1:21am On May 23, 2012
[quote author=tobi16][/quote

Your case number is same as mine... I'm positive we should have our interviews before the year runs out. This period is the longest time ever ( d period between getting your winning notification and getting invited for an interview)... I'm looking for something to keep me busy until october,november, dec... D days just keep crawling... Does anyone have any ideas? cheesy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 1:32am On May 23, 2012
my case num is 2013AF000071** when would be my interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by thewarlord: 6:49am On May 23, 2012
I'll like to express my thanks to all contributors to this forum....though i didn't win the DV2013(entry was not selected),I'm very much interested in the processes that takes place...
i have a couple of questions i would love the honourable forumites to answer me.

1. part of the requirements needed is having 5 credits at O levels,be it WAEC,NECO GCE... but i have 6 credits in WAEC(no English) and 5 credits in University of Cambridge O Levels(written in Nigeria)..my question is..can i combine those two results to make up my 5 credits ?

2. The police report u have to get at alagbon...is it for the winner alone or both of them(wife) if married?

3. Does children(3 and 1.7)need their individual passports or will they use their parents' passports when issued visa?

4. For a winner who is married...will the couple receive separate yellow envelopes to be delivered to immigration at P.O.E or issued just one?

thank you for ur anticipated answer
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papasan100: 7:02am On May 23, 2012
I sent my Forms to KCC using DHL, and it was delivered at Erlanger KY instead of williamsburg. Has anyone sent the forms yet?
I saw on another forum that this happens i think erlanger is the sorting center or what?? Please someone aenlighten me
CN: 2013AF00023XXX
NL1 dated from KCC: May 01 2012
Sent forms to KCC: May 14 2012
confirmation of KCC:??
CN current :??
NL2 received: ??
Medicals: ??
Police records :??
embassy interview:
Visa picked up :
Port of entry: FORTS WORTH, ATL
SSN received:
GC received:
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2012
tunisian_dv: hey brothers,
my case number is :47xxx:is there any chance to do the interview because am so afraid they will not reach that case number??!! sad
i didn't send my forms to the KCC.Is there any deadline for sending the forms.
and thank you in advance.
dont be afraid my brother, you will surely be interviewed once you sent back your forms to KCC. Even though there isnt deadline for submission of forms,KCC always advice you return your forms on time for processing but i will advice you take your time to fill your forms with no mistakes before sending back to KCC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2012
papasan100: I sent my Forms to KCC using DHL, and it was delivered at Erlanger KY instead of williamsburg. Has anyone sent the forms yet?
I saw on another forum that this happens i think erlanger is the sorting center or what?? Please someone aenlighten me
CN: 2013AF00023XXX
NL1 dated from KCC: May 01 2012
Sent forms to KCC: May 14 2012
confirmation of KCC:??
CN current :??
NL2 received: ??
Medicals: ??
Police records :??
embassy interview:
Visa picked up :
Port of entry: FORTS WORTH, ATL
SSN received:
GC received:
dont know much about that bro cos i sent mine tru NIPOST and never tracked it
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2012
thewarlord: I'll like to express my thanks to all contributors to this forum....though i didn't win the DV2013(entry was not selected),I'm very much interested in the processes that takes place...
i have a couple of questions i would love the honourable forumites to answer me.

1. part of the requirements needed is having 5 credits at O levels,be it WAEC,NECO GCE... but i have 6 credits in WAEC(no English) and 5 credits in University of Cambridge O Levels(written in Nigeria)..my question is..can i combine those two results to make up my 5 credits ?

2. The police report u have to get at alagbon...is it for the winner alone or both of them(wife) if married?

3. Does children(3 and 1.7)need their individual passports or will they use their parents' passports when issued visa?

4. For a winner who is married...will the couple receive separate yellow envelopes to be delivered to immigration at P.O.E or issued just one?

thank you for ur anticipated answer
1- U can use the WAEC result witout english,it would be accepted since you have more than 5credits

2- for adults over 18years which mean your wife is applicable

3- separate passports are required per individual

4- separate,even your children too will be given separate envelope . I guess the yellow envelop serves as the main VISA and not the one on your passport,so keep them TIDY!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:52am On May 23, 2012
[quote author=Ibracadabra][/quote]
my brother,try get your mine off it though i know its not easy but you can just focus on getting more money to use and executed the processing. That thing is like a disease
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 7:52am On May 23, 2012
I asked this question earlier but I guess it has been missed by the experts.

Please pardon me to re-post it again:

Do you please know the specific help you get in the process of finding job as you stated that they assist you in the process of finding employment.
Also with the address of someone living in the states, will they check up on the person and see whether the size of his apartment is enough to accommodate you or whether he is well to do?

Thanx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.