Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920599 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taiyeshola: 11:45am On Dec 12, 2012
Hello house pls I want to ask whether there is anyything apart from d phootocopy of int passport and 2passport phottograph to takke along while going for police certificate in Alagbon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2012
docbunmi: Pls good pple, how do I get to the visa collection place. I am driving and I need directions asap. Thanks and God bless
ifu re still driving i think the visa collection bus stop is marwa @ 2nd round about
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2012
addsam: PLEASE HOUSE I NEED A PROPER CLEARIFICATION.FOR A MARRIED COUPLE WHO WON DV LOTTERY AND THE WIFE BEEN THE WINNER.DURING THEIR INTERVIEW IS IT ONLY THE WIFE THAT WILL SUBMIT HER DOCUMENT OR BOTH.PLEASE I REPLY

Let the winner have all her document & photocopies with her since she is the principal applicant you don't need to bother yourself but to be on a safer side hold your documents also though not necessary.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2012
taiye-shola:
Hello house pls I want to ask whether there is anyything apart from d phootocopy of int passport and 2passport phottograph to takke along while going for police certificate in Alagbon
nothing aside frm dat .all the best sis
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2012
Spoondar:

Prepare documents for the baby ie passport because the endorsement will be done on it but brother these Americans are funny ooooo. Prepare money for medical and visa for the kid dont be suprised DNA might be done, then go to your consulate office and ask the procedure. Wait a minute, why didnt you ask about this when you were there for the interview? I wish you the best

@Spoondar this case is not happened to me but might likely happen to anybody in the house. I just raised this issue just to cool mind of us that anxiously awaiting high number of V.B
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
Shine1177:

Let the winner have all her document & photocopies with her since she is the principal applicant you don't need to bother yourself but to be on a safer side hold your documents also though not necessary.
thank you shine1177 for the reply God bless u. we will do as u have said
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oojomo: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
temmytanny: most airlines charge between 10-15% of what they charged adult but you will carry the baby on your laps.if you want to get seat for the baby its more expensive

hi all, the interview wasnt that bad, but diffenrent questions to diff folks.
it went well and we got ours. Goodluck to the rest of u out there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by legnahcra(m): 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
legnahcra: Sorry house just want to ask this 2 quick question.
1) Do they deny u visa at the embassy based on medical report. In case let's say someone has a heart problem(from birth).
2) Waec made a mistake on my waec certificate in the name of school, they put internatinal instead of international. Will this affect visa at interview.

adzovia:
1) no you cant be denied due to sickness but because they would like to be sure you wont depend on the government like applying for disability fund they MIGHT ask for affidavit of support once again it is a MIGHT
2) they might not even notice it so dont worry

Thanks @adzovia. Affidavit of support is "my bank statement" right. And like how much do I need to have in my account for it to be okay.
Thanks in advance for you help
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
oojomo:

hi all, the interview wasnt that bad, but diffenrent questions to diff folks.
congrats bro .but ll need interview experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taiyeshola: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
nothing aside frm dat .all the best sis
@Jidedoo,thanks bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Guys, I know the Visa bulletin is somehow discouraging due to some fact we are not sure of,but we dont need to be disheartened all thing works together for our good,let us keep the hope alive at least we are still making progress, it is 1000 today it may be 4000 next month.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
legnahcra:

Thanks @adzovia. Affidavit of support is "my bank statement" right. And like how much do I need to have in my account for it to be okay.

An affidavit of support is a form of fact voluntarily signed by a sponsor.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
gulfkid: Just to add to the good news in the house and to Praise God for His goodness and mercies. My wife and I had our interview on the 13th of Nov. My wife is the Principal Applicant.
After all the security checks and we entered the embassy hall, we made our payment for 3 of us ($330 each) and sat down to be called. We where called to submit our documents which we did. The Nigerian lady collecting the documents noticed an affidavit attached to my wife's passport and asked her to remove it.

Meanwhile, let me explain more about the affidavit. My wife is a dual citizen of Nigeria and Britain. last year when he was going to have our son in London, she applied and got a Nigerian passport. She noticed there was a mistake on her place of birth and brought it to the attention of the immigration officer that handled it and she was advised to do an affidavit which she did and was able to travel back from UK with that passport as she traveled out with her British passport.

So back to the interview, we were called after sometime by one other Nigerian young man who immediately started saying that our application cannot scale through cause of that mistake. we tried to explain to him about the affidavit but he said "This is Nigeria, anybody can go and get affidavit from anywhere". Then God sent an Angel in another Nigerian woman who listened to our explanations. Thankfully we had my wife's British Passport. They collected it and asked us to go and sit down. At this point I was just praying for God's intervention.
After about 15 mins they returned her British passport and asked us to sit and wait for our interview.
After about 10-15 mins, our number was called and a white Lady was there to attend to us.
CO: Congratulations for the DV Lottery
We: Thank You
CO: Raise ur write hand. Do you swear to speak nothing but the truth?
We: Yes
CO: Your Finger prints
We: we did
CO: (To my wife) Tell me about your education qualifications
Wife: ......
CO: Where do you wor?
Wife: .....
CO: Where were you born? (At this point she broke into laughter same time with my wife)
Wife: Told her Scotland and tried explaining the whole mix up
CO: Congratulations your Visa has been approved however, we will not be able to issue it on this passport because of the mistake.
She now typed a letter and gave us that states that my wife should return with a corrected passport at a latter date which will be agreed after we send a mail to the email she gave us requesting for an appointment.

My people, you wont believe the passport re-issue never came out until after 3 weeks plus and we spent 60k.
Anyway to the glory of God. Our passports were collected yesterday and the CO gave a letter for collection on Monday 17th.
It was not an easy period but God was faithful.
Pls if you have same or similar issue with your passport, pls sort it out b4 ur interview. It could have been worse but for God.
Sorry for the long story. I feel someone may just learn a thing or two from it.

Congratulations to your family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by legnahcra(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

An affidavit of support is a form of fact voluntarily made by a sponsor.

Can I be my own sponsor? Or who can be my sponsor?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
legnahcra:

Actually for dv winners from Nigeria AOS is not mandatory,but I read from adzovia post it may be required from Winners from Ghana.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
ALHAMDULILAH!!! WE GOT THE VISA... . I WILL POST MY INTERVIEW SHORTLY ....

8 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
imraneth: ALHAMDULILAH!!! WE GOT THE VISA... . I WILL POST MY INTERVIEW SHORTLY ....
Congrats my dear brother cant wait 2 hear ur unique interview experience

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
imraneth: ALHAMDULILAH!!! WE GOT THE VISA... . I WILL POST MY INTERVIEW SHORTLY ....

Congratulations!! Cant wait to hear the Ethiopian Interview Experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by legnahcra(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Actually for dv winners from Nigeria AOS is not mandatory,but I read from adzovia post it may be required from Winners from Ghana.

Yes I know but if it is required who can I say is my sponsor or can I be my own sponsor(self sponsored) and write d AOS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oojomo: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
go ahead and ask me whatever u want, i'll do my best to answer you!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
oojomo: hi all, the interview wasnt that bad, but diffenrent questions to diff folks.
jidedon2000@yah:
oojomo: go ahead and ask me whatever u want, i'll do my best to answer you!!!
Congratulations!! Could you kindly tell us how the interview went if you dont mind. The questions asked by the CO embarassed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
thanks be to Allah. I m happy for you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
legnahcra:

the thing is the affidavit has not been needed up till now. but from a very reliable source i heard it will be needed if they feel you will one day be a public charge probably due to sickness. no it is not your bank statement it is a sworn affidavit from your host stating they will bear the cost of your stay in the usa. but i wont want you to fret yourself cause there is a big possibility they wont ask you. so wait dont ask your host yet. go for the interview if they need it they will ask you to go bring it. i know that most hosts will not agree to give it to you. so please go for the interview first if you will need it then you can ask your host. but for now just relax
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by legnahcra(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
adzovia:
the thing is the affidavit has not been needed up till now. but from a very reliable source i heard it will be needed if they feel you will one day be a public charge probably due to sickness. no it is not your bank statement it is a sworn affidavit from your host stating they will bear the cost of your stay in the usa. but i wont want you to fret yourself cause there is a big possibility they wont ask you. so wait dont ask your host yet. go for the interview if they need it they will ask you to go bring it. i know that most hosts will not agree to give it to you. so please go for the interview first if you will need it then you can ask your host. but for now just relax

Ok thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zedvneger(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hey congrats bro!,...esti teyakewochun post aderglin pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gbabe2: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
legnahcra:

Can I be my own sponsor? Or who can be my sponsor?[/quote

Guy u don't need anything like that.I went there with my bank statements cos I sponsored myself.They didn't even ask of it not talk of collecting it.My wifes document were not asked of as well since she was a derivative.All I submitted on her behalf was the marriage Certificate (original and photocopy)and her NPC attestation (original and certificate).I submitted my Ond,HND,BSC and NYSC certificates.I had other professional certifications and they were not requested at all.
Don't disturb your self just make necessary documention arrangement and pray to God always for divine favour.If I won't lie to u guys,I was over tutored by some honorable members (won't mention names)coupled with daily digestion of this nairaland thread and kenyan immigration thread as well but God made it so simple for us.
I wish you best of luck bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Just wanted to start thanking the Lord in advance for all the 12/12/12 DV interview appointees.

The Lord has done it again. He definitely brings to perfection every good thing he already started.

Glory to God!

/KS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oojomo: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Spoondar:

Congratulations!! Could you kindly tell us how the interview went if you dont mind. The questions asked by the CO embarassed
well, we were sitting there waiting for our turn while we listen to other people's interview and how some were rejected and some told to go pick up their visas after 5 working days.
diff question were asked from diff pple, but ours was just like the simplest: 1:whats our highest level of Education, 2: what school did we attend, 3: what do i do for a living, 4: what is my job description, 5: how long have we meet. that's all he asked us.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
oojomo:
well, we were sitting there waiting for our turn while we listen to other people's interview and how some were rejected and some told to go pick up their visas after 5 working days.
diff question were asked from diff pple, but ours was just like the simplest: 1:whats our highest level of Education, 2: what school did we attend, 3: what do i do for a living, 4: what is my job description, 5: how long have we meet. that's all he asked us.
congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
imraneth: Tomorrow is my interview day... 12/12/12...
@imraneth, how was your interviewed today?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
akshow77: Thanks to the almighty God,had my interview at counter 13 with the black american lady around 9.30am and it was successful.more gist when I get to Ibadan.

Congratulations!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.