Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920579 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 1:15am On Jan 22, 2013
ienny: Hello forumites, pls is any1 traveling to chicago by feb?
yeah... If only u get accommodation for me and my family plus u have to wait till i collect my Visa but i never receive 2nd Notification letter.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:03am On Jan 22, 2013
Gentiger: Follow these steps to download the Nationality and Immigration Act 1990.

I have made it easy for you to access and download. Visit www.google.com and type 'HeinOnline 104 stat. 4178 1990' without the quotation marks in the search string. When it opens, click on the result and download.

Goodluck to all interview hopefuls.

Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:04am On Jan 22, 2013
daddykelly: i thank God for journey mercy...still waiting for bulletine ooo.

God is good. It is well my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
Gentiger.i say a big congratulation.it so nice to see you having your Visa.Pray for we that are still expecting our INTERVIEW

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2013
Gentiger: For anyone going for interview anytime soon, please read this and follow suit. I witnessed about 6 DV visa denials yesterday. The black Angel denied 2 different DV applicants and the white Angel denied as twice as much. I listened to the line of questioning to discover what they seek to establish before they approve DV lottery win.

Some other countries don't get the kind of academic scrutiny we get for the following reasons:

1. They are academically sound and their schools are ranked high globally.
2. Academic fraud is impossible in these countries unlike our beloved country where even a serving senator or governor is using 'Toronto' certificate. You get what I mean.

DV lottery is meant for two reasons:

1. Cultural and ethnic diversity in the US.
2. Injection of best brains to boost economic growth in the US.

The reason for the academic drilling is to ensure the person coming into the US will be economically relevant and viable. They need innovation and productivity not liabilities or lay about. Before your number is called by the CO for interview, I observed some staff behind the counters crutinizing each file. They make recommendations and draw up possible questions to ask which is placed inside your file for the CO. The CO is merely asking predetermined questions drawn up by experienced minds. They know what answers they seek. You must perform credibly well to merit a visa.

Now when you appear before the CO, they want to see how well and confidently you can express yourself. If you cannot sell Your self credibly well, you can't sell the American ideals. If you can't exhibit matured reasoming, you would be considered a liability.

The few DV selectees who were denied yesterday could not make confident statements without annoying grammatical blunders. Most don't answer the questions asked. They choose answers which are unrelated to the questions posed. Please avoid this. Some contradict what they filled in the form. I saw a lady denied because the CO accused her of lying on oath. Another was denied because he couldn't list atleast 3 topics in mathematics. Another couldn't defend his O'levels. Please tell me of what benefit these categories of people would be to the US economy?

Now here is my advice, prepare well. Please prepare very well. Polish up your English a bit more. Read your best subjects. Now let me tell you something else I discovered. You are the one who determines the course they ask you questions from. I heard CO's ask each applicant their best course at school. I was asked. I told her contract law . I chose contract Law because I lectured junior students for free while I was a student. It was my favorite. If you wake me up by 2am, I can cite over 50 law cases on contract with their facts and decisions. This was why I could lecture the CO and her mouth was agape. I don't mean to boast, but I don't think anyone ever addressed that lady the way I did. She was speechless. I held her spellbound. You can do the same.

Choose your best subject. Begin to read. Please read hard. Pick up your dictionaries and learn new words. Dont allow the skin colour of a white person intimidate you. Don't allow her phonetics subdue your self confidence. Rise above the board. You can do it my brothers and sisters because I did it. Go and face the CO. Come back here and testify.

Lastly, I met a young guy who probably couldn't be above 25 yrs with a girl of probably 20 who he claims is his wife. They were denied. The CO didn't even look at their pictures. It was the black angel by the way that denied them. They know the average age Nigerians marry. They knew they were players.

If you married after your eDV application but before the results were released, you got no problems. If you married after the results were released, you got a big mountain to climb. Your chances are slim but not impossible. With God, nothing shall be impossible. Wearing uniform as a couple is not the key. Cuddling while waiting for your number to be called only shows your hidden guilt. Your best bet is to maintain your single status after you've won if you are still very young in age. That's my personal opinion. Your chances are so slim if you marry. Goodluck to all interview hopefuls. Goodluck my dearest friends on Nairaland. I'll post some official document to help you on your journey. Allow me today or tomorrow. Gentiger signing off. Love you all.

BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AND READ THIS BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW.
gentiger thank you for your advice.it is well with you.hope to see u in the US when i arrive
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:13am On Jan 22, 2013
pls house how much is police report and pls direct me d place infact if u could help me d person to meet there plss house i need your help urgently pls pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2013
DEUTERONOMY 31 vs 1-8,GOD bless you as you read.gudmorning house,i want us to believe in GOD ALMIGHTY,because HE has answered our prayer,HALLELUYAH!!!.all of us in this forum will be granted the visa to U.S in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2013
@femo:
pls house how much is police report and pls direct me d place infact if u could help me d person to meet there plss house i need your help urgently pls pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2013
@femo, i did my own 5k. Go there & ask of forensic department.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2013
my interview is in march pls do i need to do police report now bekos am prepare dis morning to do it. And pls how much is police reprt
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:49am On Jan 22, 2013
my interview is in march pls do i need to do police report now bekos am prepare dis morning to do it. And pls how much is police reprt and where is d place nd pls direct me to d preson incharge to assist me 4 d police report pls i wil b grateful
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2013
mega2258: hey evey one im new here .. i gues my case number is high 2013AF55*** IN GHANA iam concerned about... do you think visabulltin will aproach this number this year is there any chance thnks
broda am from cameroon n it seems we belong in same range.the visa bulletin is realy slow compared to oder years am just hoping that by june all case numbers will be current as in previous years.lets keep in prayers there are dv winners with 1000** so we are better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2013
missannie:

Thanks so very much @rood boy, the birth certificate I have is d old 1 from birth

@missannie, den you are gud 2 go with the old one ok.

@leripa, you are definately right dat I quoted a wrong post 2 Mr justwise...am sorry abt dat Mr justise if is upset you ok. It is a mistake of my bb fone o.

@honeydee, leave him alone, ppl av kwns him has trouble maker here buh I'm not here 4 dat, am here 2 receive my visa by God grace.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
I have an observation: long time ago on this thread, Temmy told the house that there was nothing like high case no. I was puzzled by his statement, but now I appreciate what Temmy was saying. Just imagine Gentiger's observation: he witnessed 6 visa denials. Probably, in one single day, as much as 10 could be denied visa on the average! Multiply this with the number of days since interview started in Oct 2012. Now this tells you that there is great hope for someone with case no. of 85,000! The unfortunate thing however is that the success of man today and in the future hangs on "on-line activities"; sadly, most of the winners do not know a forum like this exists. Too bad! For the few of us who are privileged to be members of this forum, pls prepare well; dot all the I's and cross all the T's. Pray hard before and after! Unfortunately, because of the high poverty index in this part of the world and of course coupled with our social backgrounds, many winners of dv 2013 might be unaware of this forum. Let me tell u why: As a typical African winner of the DV lottery, there is a high tendency of one to be totally secretive; in your mind u will say, if I tell my neigbor or my uncle, them fit put sand sand for my garri, dem fit spoil show for me with juju. That's the usual thinking, but may be that neigbor, that uncle, that colleague in d office, that friend might just be the Angel, who would have directed you to this forum. It's a pity many Africans die wretched! As a rule of the thumb, be circumspective, but remain open with wisdom!! Thank God for Nairaland, may God help us to utilise this thread well, Amen! Let's also remember, do not bite the fingers that fed you! On this note, I want to appreciate and salute the collaborative team work of old and new members of this forum. Absolutely, a story on this forum cannot be told without mentioning the inputs of Temmy and Gentiger. I forsee them as 2 great friends to be. I have the conviction that this forum will serve as a bridge for building true and lasting friendships. I have a dream that one day, this forum will unite many members of this forum in the United States. I have a dream that the myopic thoughts of tribal , ethnic, and religious differences will be broken down and shattered to promote and foster a lasting legacy of true friendship. I believe these will certainly happen. Obviously, many other names not mentioned here are champions of us; you and I know these names. We salute you all! To our man of God, GodhelpmeOO, we are prepared to fast n pray today. Thank you!!!

Na true you talk.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2013
Ds is wat temmmy said sometyme ago dat if we member c anybody of us make a mistake, we shld try an correct him\her...not we shld be arcussin the pson 4 notin..even temmy said, him n self use 2 make a mistake 2tru is fone sometyme...ds 4rum is 4 helpin each oda n any weyround not 4 fighten each oda...if you don't knw hw 2 correct ppl dat make a mistake, you better step back insted of you 2 addin more fire on it ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: DEUTERONOMY 31 vs 1-8,GOD bless you as you read.gudmorning house,i want us to believe in GOD ALMIGHTY,because HE has answered our prayer,HALLELUYAH!!!.all of us in this forum will be granted the visa to U.S in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I shout a very big AMEN to dat verse in the BIBLE,for GOD has already given us de opportunity nd free liberty to go nd succeed nd flourish in de United states of America through CHRIST our LORD,AMEN.GLORYYY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2013
After watching d 2013 presidential inauguration, i wishd i ws in USA...soo hapi 4 u guys dat were selectd in 2013 dv lottery and i wish u all success..i pray dat May turns out good 4 those of us that werent selectd last yr....i love America.....

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: DEUTERONOMY 31 vs 1-8,GOD bless you as you read.gudmorning house,i want us to believe in GOD ALMIGHTY,because HE has answered our prayer,HALLELUYAH!!!.all of us in this forum will be granted the visa to U.S in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen º°˚˚°ºoo... and 4 the ppl of NL waiting 4 may1 2013 there names well be selected insahallah.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sami1983: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2013
I had my interview today the old white lade told me my process is under administrative processing and it takes 1 month did any one here to share me experience about administrative processing .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.

Congrat.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Gunners i will be go to muritala mohammed airport to make reservation against 2nd week of feb, my prefereed airline will be airk air, royal air morroc or turkish airline.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2013
Immigrants Help Build the U.S.
House please kindly read this for those of us who are scared that the Diversity Visa Lottery will be closed. President Obama said all on the 17/01/2013. Happy reading...
The President of the United States of America, Barack Obama, and the White House released a very important article about the impact of new immigrants on the American economy and the nation at large. They repeated that America is a nation of immigrants and that it would not be the country it is today without a healthy flow of immigrants who bring their unique skills and customs which ultimately benefit the country.

How do immigrants benefit the U.S. economy? They directly contribute to the economy and social diversity. How so? Immigrants start many businesses in the U.S. In fact, close to 20% of small businesses in the U.S. are started and owned by immigrants. These immigrant-owned businesses create jobs for many American workers employing an estimated 4.7 million people and generating more than $776 billion annually.

Immigrants are also more likely to create their own jobs. According to the Department of Labor, 7.5% of foreign born immigrants are self-employed or entrepreneurs, which is much higher than native-born American. That is not surprising. If immigrants took the risk to immigrate, then they are more likely to take other risks including starting their own business.

New American immigrants are involved in cutting-edge technology and many high-tech companies. Immigrants are responsible for 25% of public U.S. companies that are backed by venture capital investors. This list includes Google, eBay, Yahoo!, Sun Microsystems, and Intel. In fact, immigrants represent 33% of all engineers in America, 27% of mathematicians, statisticians, and computer scientist, and 24% of physical scientists.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Paise the Lord... I've finally collected my visa and that of my wife too... Thank to all of u... My success story wouldn't av been completed without ur wonderful contributions... I pray ur own visa will surely appear by God's grace... Amen... @ Gunners, thanks 4d description, God bless.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2013
Congrat imcool,@peter ife, which ar u going.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2013
@peter ife, which state ar u going
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2013

Congratulation Gentiger you deserve the visa hence the white lady didn’t have a choice then to issue you one. Your observation about the claimed graduates that cannot express themselves is correct. For those whose highest qualification is O’level, they need to concentrate effort on at least two subject area of their choice, and know it up to their finger tips. Thank you man good job. and for all those with visa approval you have done well, for the younger persons on administraive processing your turn to recieve your visa is just by the corner is well God is on top of your case and the visa is your IJN. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
@femo:
my interview is in march pls do i need to do police report now bekos am prepare dis morning to do it. And pls how much is police reprt
Wait 2weeks to your interview date before you do your Police report and medical. That's the advice from the Guru's.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
hello house i have a question for tammy and other friends who are already in texas,i ll be comming to texas after three weeks and i would like to know about the weather condition so i can arrange the cloths that i ll bring and i would love u to give me any advise for me,new traveller and new immigrant,thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Is it compulsory for first time traveler by dv lottery to hold minimum amount as BTA, SAY 1000 DOLLARS.?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
@femo:
my interview is in march pls do i need to do police report now bekos am prepare dis morning to do it. And pls how much is police reprt and where is d place nd pls direct me to d preson incharge to assist me 4 d police report pls i wil b grateful
why in a rush?when ur interview is in march u can do ur police and medicals 2wks b4 ur interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
seal777: Is it compulsory for first time traveler by dv lottery to hold minimum amount as BTA, SAY 1000 DOLLARS.?
i ll advice those traveling to have atleast 2k dollars when travelling
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Thanks for the advice Barrister May God reward you sir
addsam:
gentiger thank you for your advice.it is well with you.hope to see u in the US when i arrive

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.