Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920568 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2013
mascotinme: Hello house, mrn. Please i went to collect our visa on thur, on getting home, i notice dat dere is a mistake on my wife document, dey echange her parents name with my parent name , pls what should i do. And please how much is ticket to New York.
Send them back to the Embassy with a note stating the mistake. NOTE send all the documents back because they will have to change the dates of issue on all the documents. my hubby's date of birth was wrong we only sent his passport they also said that he should send his yellow envelope again they realised he had beneficiaries they told us to send all our documents back. We sent them back and they changed dates on Visa issues and visa number plus they changed the dates on the yellow envelopes. You dont pay any money when sending thru DHL all you need is a DHL reference number
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Good morning forumites, i wanna ask some question so as to plan myself on my medicals from work.
Plz house i will like to know if i will have to go to d hospital to book an appointment before i can be attended to or i can just walk in with the requirements and do my medicals
Like approximately how many hours does the medicals take ?
3 ) How many day does it take 2 get the result?
I am plannin to have do my medicals at hospital at raymond njoku, thanks in anticipation of ur usual cooperation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
vacancy: PLEASE BROTHERS IN THE HOUSE , DO ANYBODY KNOWS SOMEONE THAT POSSESS THREE (3) BEDROOM FLAT APARTMENT THAT WANTS TO RENT OUT ONE (1) BEDROOM APARTMENT OUT PREFERENTIALLY MASSACHUSETTS OR TEXAS BECAUSE THE PERSON WE PLANNED STAYING WITH JUST GAVE BIRTH AND EXPECT HIS MOTHER TO SHARE APARTMENT WITH THEM.PLEASE HOUSE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. PLANING TO MOVE MAY 2013

my brother, no matter what, you still need to come over first get your necessary documents and seek for help. Coming down to run into bills is not an easy task o.Gas,electricity,phone,feeding etc.When you get to your destination your host should be able to put you through, get you connected through Church, society ....plus "one bedroom apartment" is different from "a room",the size of your family and how old are your kids also determines number of rooms you may need.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ojisalara: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
g-busta:
Good morning forumites, i wanna ask some question so as to plan myself on my medicals from work.
Plz house i will like to know if i will have to go to d hospital to book an appointment before i can be attended to or i can just walk in with the requirements and do my medicals
I am plannin to have do my medicals at hospital at raymond njoku, thanks in anticipation of ur usual cooperation

you don't to go an appointment, Just go very early the day you want to go do the medicals
I think it take like four days for the results to be out

Goodluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
g-busta:

At Children Practice in Raymond Njoku, u do not need to book appointment. Just walk-in in the mornings 8am. Budget a day for the medicals and 3days later for the results. Then u good to go. Best Wishes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
edimop: @Odunmanuel.....u cn as well check my profile to confirm if am new here,I join ds lovely forum Jun 2010,like I said,cos of busy time,I don't come online most tyms,buh I bet u,av read all d post here and d question I jst asked ws actually a new post frm a forumite and som1 else replied t and said lamination somhw may bring abt questn lik,why did u laminate ur docs.....frm d CO,buh he also answered on a very comprehensible answer dat ts for safety purpose.so as for following d post here,av read all ova tyms and understand all dats goin on,jst dat most tym am silence cos of tym.....All d same we r here to elp one anoda....@My broda Nero-xp,fenx so much for d solicits and I appreciate.hav gotn to d state nw?many forumite are waitn for u @ TEXAS for a warm welcome o.....people....@Odunmanuel......u r d bomb,fenx for d care and all dat r waitn for their 2NL,awaitn interviews and those abt to fly,all best wishes to u all.......I key into all success stories,and mine will surely come and I wil testify.
Multiple AMEN 4 U my dear!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
uchechuwku:

lolz, where is the "GLORY" after every of your posts?

morning sir
D "GLORY" meant 4 m nd has been kept unda my custody. Nw ask m & nt him. I blv very soon u wil stil ask why always quoting "FAITH WORKS WONDER" 4rm d Author. I salute al dt known by their slogan,is a unique one,keep it up

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gentiger: I am gladdened by the torrents of testimonies so far. I wish those traveling safe trip. Those awaiting interview, hurry and pick up your visas. Those awaiting to be current, your time will come sooner. Those looking forward to May 1 selection, you are in for a testimony. Eby gal, I can't wait to hear your shout of joy come May 1st. Gentiger has been very busy lately. Job and education things.....pepper must rest.
I wish u all d best & gud luk IJN!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
odunmanuel: Multiple AMEN 4 U my dear!
...fenx my broda......u cn add me on fb-iyke charles julius or bb respectively-270874C0.......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
brightmon:
i did not forget you guys, its time diffrence and work.
Hee! Long time no see. What make u busy wil make u rish IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gentiger: I am gladdened by the torrents of testimonies so far. I wish those traveling safe trip. Those awaiting interview, hurry and pick up your visas. Those awaiting to be current, your time will come sooner. Those looking forward to May 1 selection, you are in for a testimony. Eby gal, I can't wait to hear your shout of joy come May 1st. Gentiger has been very busy lately. Job and education things.....pepper must rest.

Hahaha...... Amen to ur prayers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
ferdimako:

18hrs? Gentiger and others, did u all see that? Who works like that and stays alive?
Haa! Wat sort of questions is dis? I blv people like u & m wil do more 4 Dollars. No one wil die jare IJN

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
ferdimako:

Since u are alive.........carry go! But that's inhumane!
Let's go there. D Lord is our strength
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pstadabi: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Loading......My interview is tomorrow. Am in high tension. Plsssss my fellow E-family your assistant is needed in prayer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
ferdimako:

Since u are alive.........carry go! But that's inhumane!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ericgold(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
sadWhich site can I use to confirm my confirmation number? cos I lost my print-out
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
ericgold: sadWhich site can I use to confirm my confirmation number? cos I lost my print-out
i dont think there is anyway u can get ur CN, jst search diligently 4 it. I hope u see it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
ericgold: sadWhich site can I use to confirm my confirmation number? cos I lost my print-out
this one https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
praise the LORD!!! i picked up our pasports and visas together with brown envelopes today glory be to GOD.'mo bo lowo won'lol.GLORY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: praise the LORD!!! i picked up our pasports and visas together with brown envelopes today glory be to GOD.'mo bo lowo won'lol.GLORY!!!!!!
congrats,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
odunmanuel: Hee! Long time no see. What make u busy wil make u rish IJN

Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rolling_138: Apologies for the late post, I didn’t take my laptop along to Lagos and just returned to my base.
We had our interview on Thursday 21 March and God granted us success. We got to the embassy around 6:20am and we didn’t wait for long when a man came out and asked us to cue for 6:30 non-immigrant and 7:00 Immigrant visa interview appointments. Got through all the rigorous security checks and finally entered the interview hall, paid the visa fees for our family of three, and submitted our documents at window 16. It didn’t take so long when the CO’s started showing up and the interview started. We were the second to be interviewed by the CO at window 15. He spent up to 25 minutes looking through our documents before our number flashed on the display for us to approach the counter.
My wife is the principal applicant and the interview went as follows;
CO: Goodmorning
We: Goodmoring
CO: Asks us to raise our right hand and does the oath thing; Do you swear to say the truth today and nothing but the truth
We: Yes we do
CO: Takes our fingerprints and asks me to go sit down with our baby while he chats with my wife
Me: okay, I went and sat down carrying our baby who had fallen asleep after a lot of play.
CO: Why is your husband’s passport full of stamps?
Wife: He was studying in the UK and had to come home every break ‘cos of his work
CO: What was he studying there ?
Wife: Mechanical Engineering
CO: I can see your baby was born in the UK, tell me about him
Wife: Told him baby’s DOB and few things
CO: What is your highest level of education
Wife: B.Ed degree
CO: Tell me about your course
Wife: Explains her course to the CO
CO: Have you ever taught before?
Wife: Only during my teaching practice, I taught Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: When did you meet your husband?
Wife: Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: Where did you meet your husband
Wife: Bleep town
CO: were you schooling in Bleep town?
Wife: I schooled in YYY town but met my husband in Bleep town, the distance is not that far, moreover our family house is in Bleep town.
CO: When did you travel to the UK?
Wife: DDMMYYYY
CO: Did you travel together with your husband?
Wife: No, he had to leave before me for his studies because my visa was not ready then.
CO: When did you come back to Nigeria
Wife: I can’t remember the exact date but it was Bleep month
CO: Opens wife’s passport and checks to confirm the date she was stamped back into Nigeria.
CO: Did you do your child naming?
Wife: Yes, we did
CO: Did any of your family member come over for the naming / dedication?
Wife: No, it was just friends and church members
CO: Can I see the pics
Wife: Sure; flips album to show him pics and talks about some people in the pictures.
CO: Can you please go and sit down and call me your husband.
Wife: Calls me and collects our baby from me.
CO: You studied Mechanical Engineering in the UK, what year did you start?
Me: I started in 2009
CO: Have you ever applied for a US visa before?
Me: Yes, I have.
CO: at that time what were you doing?
Me: I was working with company A
CO: so what happened, you left company A for B?
Me: No, I am still working for the same company; I’ve been with them for a long time now.
CO: Can I see your work Identity Card?
Me: I brought out my work Id. Card alongside a letter of introduction from my company and gave it to him. He collected both items and read through.
CO: oh that’s true; it’s like company A & B merged or something
Me: Yes, the companies merged.
CO: so was it the company that paid for your degree in the UK?
Me: No, I paid for my studies myself.
CO: Your mechanical engineering was it General Mechanical engineering or was it specifically related to the oil &gas industry
Me: it was general mechanical engineering.
CO: When did you get married?
Me: 2010, did the church wedding on December XX, 2010.
CO: Can you tell me where you met your wife?
Me: I met my wife in a supermarket in Bleep town.
CO: one moment please. He left and went to pick some documents
Me: okay
CO: comes back with 2 sheets of paper and hides them under his counter.
CO: I will ask you one last thing
Me: okay
CO: This gentleman you’ve added here; (he points to a sheet of paper we submitted to update our hosts address) do you know him personally, have you met him before?
Me: Yes, he’s a very close friend, I opened the album to show him pictures with our host, but he stops me. (I guess he realized he had spent so much time with us; about 30 mins)
CO: oh don’t bother.
CO: Throughout this whole process, has he or anybody else asked you to pay money for anything ?
Me: No, not at all.
CO: Please call your wife to come
Me: I called my wife and she came to stand with me at the window carrying our baby.
CO: I am satisfied. I will give you a visa today. He picks the two sheets of paper he had hidden under the counter and circles an address for us to pick up the visa on one, then started explaining the proxy pick up process and the $165 payment on the other sheet of paper.
We: Thank you very much, God Bless you and God Bless America. We hurriedly packed our things and left before he remembers more questions to ask us.

Guys, na so the thing be o !, the guy ask us questions so tay we tire.
We thank God immensely for granting us Divine favour.
I also wish to use this opportunity to greatly appreciate my lovely wife for the way and manner she answered the barrage of questions that the CO fired at her. (I have been playing the DV lottery every year since 2000 and never won, we got married and just played once, then she won.)

congratulation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
check your CN on this site and make sure u photocopy it this time to avoid...... I have many copies of both the confirmation number and the sheet with the bar-code (CN). www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: praise the LORD!!! i picked up our pasports and visas together with brown envelopes today glory be to GOD.'mo bo lowo won'lol.GLORY!!!!!!
thank God for your life. Go and live your dream.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
junkerhill: www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc
if u have a copy of ur confirmation number bt misplaced the original print out, d@s the site to get it bt if u dnt hv a copy of the confirmation number, den dez no way u can gt it bak.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
cacany40: Hello fellow Nlanders. I want to use dis medium to express myself by thanking God Almighty for his good works in my life n that of my Family. I thank God for all participating members n fellow observers like me. Pls house wen praying always remember observers who don't contribute yet they are part of every activity dat goes on in dis forum.
My wife is d PA n we had a successful interview on 21st march. D CO. Only went thru my wife's certificates one by one and asked confirming qstions n dazall n our visa was approved. Glory be to God. Thank u all active n passive members God bless u all.
Am happy dat u're also a member of our beneficiaries. CONGRATULATIONS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mascotinme(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ Spoondar, thanks. Please cant i take it there myself, or all d same, take it to GSS back
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
odunmanuel: Haa! Wat sort of questions is dis? I blv people like u & m wil do more 4 Dollars. No one wil die jare IJN

Wait until u get there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
Congrat...Welcome to ur American dream ! See u there IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Spoondar: this one https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

For lost Confirmation Numbers?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
pstadabi: Loading...Loading...Loading....3 days to my interview. Pls my pple I beg make una knw forget me in prayer 0ooooo. Ejowo ema je ki owo wo igbooooo.
Owo o le wo gbo. U're a winner & a successor 4 life. Just b ursef,claim ur visa & pik it up because u av been expected 2 show up 2 do so. So shal it b IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by OLAA1: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
odunmanuel: Am happy dat u're also a member of our beneficiaries. CONGRATULATIONS

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.