Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920592 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 6:38pm On May 29, 2013
seal777: [b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]

thanks for this vital info.we will catch up with u soonest
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2013
if u wnt to reshedule it 3mnts
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2013
penticom: i sent mail to usa embassy in nigeria
to reschedule my interview last week tuesday
due to d situation beyond my control, pls, how
long it will take them to reply me and
reschedule me? waitin for ur contribution pls.
3nths and why
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2013
daddykelly:
you don't need it.

R u saying one doesn't need the first school leaving cert during interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2013
kevwe_flex:

R u saying one doesn't need the first school leaving cert during interview?
YES smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 10:04pm On May 29, 2013
Pls pals in filling the institutions attended, i filled the primary school i attended, only to go there and they said they cant find my first school leaving cert. My date of birth in d register differs by one yr. But the headmistress wants to give me a cover letter stating i finished from the schol and that my date of birth was written i erthn.wlth my acept this cover letter in place of cert?? Kind responses pls.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:13pm On May 29, 2013
Timika: Pls pals in filling the institutions attended, i filled the primary school i attended, only to go there and they said they cant find my first school leaving cert. My date of birth in d register differs by one yr. But the headmistress wants to give me a cover letter stating i finished from the schol and that my date of birth was written i erthn.wlth my acept this cover letter in place of cert??
U don't need it...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:19pm On May 29, 2013
@ Seal,nice one man...
@ Idriez,Yankee is very owk man...Wen do u plan comin?
@ SPOONDAR,where are u oooo? I personaly miss u dear,pls post sumtin...
@ Junkerhill,includin u too,pls show ur ID
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 10:32pm On May 29, 2013
nero xp:
@ Idriez,Yankee is very owk man...Wen do u plan comin?
Good to hear that. Hope to join u soon but have to sort out this USCIS fee first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 11:11pm On May 29, 2013
If you receive your immigrant visa on or after February 1, 2013, you must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. Select USCIS Immigrant Fee on the USCIS website for more information.

Important Notice: USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 or Green Card) until you have paid the fee.what is this all about just copied it fromhttp://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html please can someone elaborate,,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 11:14pm On May 29, 2013
lorddom: If you receive your immigrant visa on or after February 1, 2013, you must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. Select USCIS Immigrant Fee on the USCIS website for more information.

Important Notice: USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 or Green Card) until you have paid the fee.what is this all about just copied it fromhttp://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html please can someone elaborate,,
Has anyone travelled without paying the fees? If affirmative, kindly share your experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:51pm On May 29, 2013
seal777: [b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]
Seal777, you have really made my day. Nice words of encouragement for those of us coming to join you guys soonest. There are so many negative words flying around I tell you. I'm a banker. A lot of people have been telling me I should not leave my job o, there's nothing in America bla bla bla even my relatives over there in America, painting a gloomy picture of America, that things are very difficult that I'll see for myself. I think it all balls down to getting the right information. I surf the internet a lot as well as observe and ask questions too.

Recently, I know a friend (a former colleague) who won the visa lottery and just spent 2yrs in America. She is presently an "Asst. Vice President" in Bank of America. Before then some people were telling me you can not get a corporate job unless you school there first but I found out from research, while it's true to an extent, it is not always so! especially when you have some experience back home.

So I believe you my brother, that we should always search out the truth for ourselves and not just dwell on hear say which could be very demoralizing. Good night my peeps!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 2:20am On May 30, 2013
Husmern:
thanks... can't one change it on d day of d interview? because dt's wht sm1 told me, dt i can just giv d new address 2 d CO.
I thought you already had a successful interview. Yes, you can give the CO on your interview date after he has congratulate you. Good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 2:37am On May 30, 2013
nangamboko: please house i think im having some problems.i went to the interview and they told me to come with a police report from india because ive been in india for two years.and now ive gone to the indian embassy to get a police report from there and they told me that they dont issue police reports for none indians.that its impossible.so now im really confused.please you advice will really help me out
thanks
I will advise you to email the Indian Police Service
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 4:31am On May 30, 2013
Congrats
Seal 777
I wish u well
hopeing to join u soon
Weldone
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2013
Hello Honourable House, a very good morning to you all.

I am Cenobs007, the COOL GUY that missed an interview in January 2013 but was later rescheduled in March. The interview was God's plan. It was brief and simple because the questions you will be asked are from what you say you are (i mean what you say you possess, i.e. the information you filled in ALL your forms as well as your credentials). I thank God I am finally in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The flight (EMIRATE AIRLINES) was good and peaceful. The entire journey was a REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE. Glory!!!

I thank everyone in the house especially those who have been so supportive in terms of advice, informative, counselling, assisting, etc. I LOVE YOU ALL. Most especially, my deep appreciation goes to Jejelady (who has richly and wonderfully helped me a lot in so many areas), Gentiger, Auschris, Gunners4u, Junkerhill(m), marrylove, nero xp(m), seal777(m), idoo4love, Spoondar(f) and others. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I give God all the GLORY, ADORATION and PRAISE for He is worthy to be praise every time. HALLELUJAH!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:36am On May 30, 2013
cenobs007: Hello Honourable House, a very good morning to you all.

I am Cenobs007, the COOL GUY that missed an interview in January 2013 but was later rescheduled in March. The interview was God's plan. It was brief and simple because the questions you will be asked are from what you say you are (i mean what you say you possess, i.e. the information you filled in ALL your forms as well as your credentials). I thank God I am finally in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. The flight (EMIRATE AIRLINES) was good and peaceful. The entire journey was a REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE. Glory!!!

I thank everyone in the house especially those who have been so supportive in terms of advice, informative, counselling, assisting, etc. I LOVE YOU ALL. Most especially, my deep appreciation goes to Jejelady (who has richly and wonderfully helped me a lot in so many areas), Gentiger, Auschris, Gunners4u, Junkerhill(m), marrylove, nero xp(m), seal777(m), idoo4love, Spoondar(f) and others. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I give God all the GLORY, ADORATION and PRAISE for He is worthy to be praise every time. HALLELUJAH!!!
My broda,dats GOD's Favour upon ur life.Welcom to America wit lots of love nd success
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 6:42am On May 30, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Seal777, you have really made my day. Nice words of encouragement for those of us coming to join you guys soonest. There are so many negative words flying around I tell you. I'm a banker. A lot of people have been telling me I should not leave my job o, there's nothing in America bla bla bla even my relatives over there in America, painting a gloomy picture of America, that things are very difficult that I'll see for myself. I think it all balls down to getting the right information. I surf the internet a lot as well as observe and ask questions too.

Recently, I know a friend (a former colleague) who won the visa lottery and just spent 2yrs in America. She is presently an "Asst. Vice President" in Bank of America. Before then some people were telling me you can not get a corporate job unless you school there first but I found out from research, while it's true to an extent, it is not always so! especially when you have some experience back home.

So I believe you my brother, that we should always search out the truth for ourselves and not just dwell on hear say which could be very demoralizing. Good night my peeps!
My broda no mind them,they're only jealous dat u won a green card lottery,nd u gona leave dem behind.America sweet wit passion,so whoever that is tellin u all those rubbish is very wicked nd neva meant well for u.Come down to the States nd make ur money joor...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:12am On May 30, 2013
@seal777:
Thanks for the info.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shewen4God: 8:44am On May 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

YES.
did u send dem a copy of change of name.
i register with my maiden den stil single. shud i continue with my maiden name or my husband name
my weddn is dis july. aw shud i go about it.

thanks for d concern
Anything u are sending to KCC and which u like to include ur hubby to be, I will advise u to wait till after ur wedding which will commence in july before u do dt.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 8:58am On May 30, 2013
Shewen4God: Anything u are sending to KCC and which u like to include ur hubby to be, I will advise u to wait till after ur wedding which will commence in july before u do dt.

alrite thanks.

after dat, i can now attach d weddn pix nd certificate to dem rite?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 1:25pm On May 30, 2013
Fellows, please how many photocopies each of the documents I am taking to the interview do I need to make. Please help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shewen4God: 2:35pm On May 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

alrite thanks.

Don't include any pics at dis stage, you can make inquiry frm KCC to know wht to attach along as a prove. Meanwhile I knw u will attached ur wedding cert, affidavit of change of name and d publication notification with it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 4:36pm On May 30, 2013
cenobs007: Hello Honourable House, a very good morning to you all.

Good to hear, most of us are still hoping to be current o. But i keep saying it, High Case Number is better than No Case number.
Joining you soon my bro.
Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 4:48pm On May 30, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

alrite thanks.

Like shewen said, wait till after your marriage, prepare very well, if possible, invite your spoke to join the forum because most marriages done after the release are mostly seen as sham, I've come across people who deliberately back-dated their Wedding cert. (you don't have to do this), all you need is to proof that your wedding is real! and have this phrase at the back of your mind should the CO want to intimidate you"... you (personalize it) don't have to halt your life all because of American dream".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 5:09pm On May 30, 2013
U can make 2copies each
thats how i did during mine
but they just took only one copy each
Goodluck Pator
pator: Fellows, please how many photocopies each of the documents I am taking to the interview do I need to make. Please help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 6:15pm On May 30, 2013
chio: U can make 2copies each
thats how i did during mine
but they just took only one copy each
Goodluck Pator
. 2copies of passport photograhy also, becos my own interview comes up nxt wednesday
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 6:17pm On May 30, 2013
House i need ur prayer, my interview comes up nxtwk wedn.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 6:20pm On May 30, 2013
House i need ur prayer, my interview comes up nxtwk wedn. Pator and jaspa400 nxt tuesday pls pray for us O‎​º°˚˚˚°º so that we come back here to dis greatforum to share ours successful testimonies ijn (amen)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yemmyc2012(f): 6:26pm On May 30, 2013
Fellows,pls I need help regarding the USCIS fee.we ve paid since May 23 and money was deducted from my acct the next daybut I haven't received any mail concerning it till date and anytime I try checking my case status as directed on the page,it gives me a wrong response.pls I need xperience from those that has paid...for how long ll it take to get a confirmative mail from them coz we are prapared to take off next month.urgent replies will be appreciated plsssss.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by joeonye: 7:38pm On May 30, 2013
Yemmyc2012: Fellows,pls I need help regarding the USCIS fee.we ve paid since May 23 and money was deducted from my acct the next daybut I haven't received any mail concerning it till date and anytime I try checking my case status as directed on the page,it gives me a wrong response.pls I need xperience from those that has paid...for how long ll it take to get a confirmative mail from them coz we are prapared to take off next month.urgent replies will be appreciated plsssss.

Check the mail u used in creating ur USICS account,in ur inbox u will c d confirmation.that is if u used the latest method.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 8:10pm On May 30, 2013
joeonye:

Check the mail u used in creating ur USICS account,in ur inbox u will c d confirmation.that is if u used the latest method.
. @joeonye pls i need hotel cheap hotel around embassy either falamo,obalende , VI.adeola odeku or bonny cantonment becos am coming frm ogun state for 7am appointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.