Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920634 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Thanx God 4 ur journey sir.

@ Nero xp: BHD.

@roodboy:thanks God bless you and your family.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shewen4God: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2013
kemseg2005: I am a DV 2013 winner and I have been following this thread since 2012. I must confess that you guys are wonderful and kudos to those who have made this forum a great success. Let me quickly share my interview experience which took place on June 4, 2013 (7 am appointment). We (Myself, wife & three kids) arrived the embassy at 6am in the morning and after the security check we entered the interview hall and made payment before submitting our documents.
At about 8.30am the Co in window 14 & 15 appeared. The Co in window 14 was very tough but I noticed at the end that he gave the E-passport back to those couple.

We were the third to be interview by the nice Elderly man in window 16. After the swearing and fingerprint stuff, the man asked my wife and children to find somewhere to sit becuase I am the principle winner.

CO- Pick the phone cos I want to talk to you privately
ME- Ok
CO- Good morning sir
ME- morning sir
CO- Tell me your highest level of education
ME- I told him
CO- When did you graduate and tell me your course of student
ME- I told him
CO- Did you serve
ME- Yes I did
CO- What did you do
ME- Teaching
CO- Do you have another children outside this three
ME- No
CO- Do you have another wife
ME- No
CO- What do you do for a living
ME- I am a Federal Civil Servant

At this point I was expecting the man to call my wife for questioning because we were prepared for him with loads of photographs and other documents. Surprisingly the man didn't call my wife, he just picked two white form and circled the Lekki visa collection address and congratulated me. I did not recognise Pato and Jasper 400 but I know he reffered to us being the first person to be intervied in window 16.

I wish those having their interview next week a successful interview and those waiting for their 2nd NL not to panic co's all of you will be current in Jesus nane.
Congrat my brother, so glad to hjear dis.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mata1ng(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
God has done it visa granted just coming out of d hall. Gist later. Oluwatishe

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shewen4God: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2013
joecrown: For those of us preparing to relocate to US,please prepare your mind that at start it may look like hell and a lot of things will be so strange to you but always have that positive thinking that all will be well. The past few weeks of my stay here has been hell,for those of you that are planning to stay with someone you may not find it pleasant if you don't make it a short stay try as much as possible to be self dependent on your own after a little time . Lastly learn how to drive before you come to the US to speed up your roa test and your maneuver ability and be wise,ready to learn and don't do oversabi here.
correct talk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2013
mata1ng: God has done it visa granted just coming out of d hall. Gist later. Oluwatishe

Praise d LORD!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
Wow! Am so glad readin all de succes stories here, a big congratulations to Jasper,Pastor,Scanfieil,Monseusam nd all others nt mentioned who had a succesful interview, May GOD Almighty lead ur ways nd grant u all ur heart desires.
Am also welcomin doz that just arrived in the States nd 4 those abt to travel, I wish u all the safest trip ever...
For those preparin for their interview,its constantly well nd u all must Testify lyk we did durin our own tym,GOD wil alwaz be wit U nd HE shall grant u all ur heart desires...
@ doz waitin to be current,GOD wil surely send ur 2NLs in a more magical way,xpect it dis week...
@ Doz who wished me HB, u all wil surely live to celebrate urs wit lots of goodies,Amen...Tank u all,I luv u...Nero signing off FRM TEXAS...

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ournaija: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hello House,

As a winner, do my brother need to register and pay for the GREEN card online before departing Nigeria? Or do you think it better he do it over there? Please reply before we make avoidable mistakes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
mata1ng: God has done it visa granted just coming out of d hall. Gist later. Oluwatishe

Congratulation!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kemseg2005: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ Shewen4God Thank u my bros!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats mata! It can only be GOD.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
new bulletin (JULY)

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately  
AFRICA 66,700 Except: Egypt 50,000
Ethiopia 50,000
Nigeria 17,775
ASIA 9,850  
EUROPE 33,000 Except:  Uzbekistan 16,850
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3  
OCEANIA 1,450  
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500  

August

AFRICA 81,200 Except Nigeria 19,800
ASIA CURRENT  
EUROPE CURRENT  Except: Uzbekistan 19,000
OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT  

Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Just got my Passport with visa and the envelope from GSS. Glory be to God. Massachusetts loading............

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tolubillion: 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
pator: Just got my Passport with visa and the envelope from GSS. Glory be to God. Massachusetts loading............
. Congrats bros. will try to pick my latest thursday am strongly busy at work and i will be coming frm ogun state God help me.let the joy continue.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Yusmash00: If you use Fedex. The tracking # will be on the receipt. Track the package and you will know if it has get to the KCC. And you can later email them. You will need to include your name, CN and your DOB when emailing the KCC.

@ Yusmash00
My Package got to KCC last thursday confirmed thro tracking it.
You advised me to mail KCC requesting for interview date?
Am confused about the whole process kindly enlighten me.
Thanks and stay blessed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
Obatide: new bulletin (JULY)

AFRICA 66,700 Except: Egypt 50,000
Ethiopia 50,000
Nigeria 17,775
ASIA 9,850  
EUROPE 33,000 Except:  Uzbekistan 16,850
OCEANIA 1,450  
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500  
pls stil scroll dwn to d main page of d current bulletin for those current in d month of july..which all africa is current xcept Nigeria which CN is 19800 for d month of july.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
thanks alot @ jasper400 for the reply. pls will it be wise for me to do two seprate affidavit one for my middle name nd the other for date of birth? am so worried now than ever becos of those two issues in my waec certificate

i went for my police report 2day at alagbon and i will collect it 2mao and proceed to children practice for my medicals at ikoyi.
(
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
[/color]
pator: Just got my Passport witht visa and the envelope from GSS. Glory be to God. Massachusetts loading............

Congrat bro,faith works wonders™.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
edimop: pls stil scroll dwn to d main page of d current bulletin for those current in d month of july..which all africa is current xcept Nigeria which CN is 19800 for d month of july.

August is 19800 for Nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
[/color]

Congrat.you were mean't to be at the top¶™… go and succeed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mata1ng(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
I thanked God for His goodness upon me and my family, the tension of over a year finally become real today. Thanks to every members of this great forum indeed it is a tutorial centre and information centre for the immigrant (EXPO). You guys are doing a great job from page 1 to 763 pages no be moi moi. God will reward you all. I have been following this thread from day 1 and it’s my turn to share my experience.
We got to the embassy @ 5.55am for 7am appointment pass through all security checks before gaining access into the hall. We were given a tag and made payment for $990 and waited for our names to be called for documentation at the window 17 and asked us to wait for our tag number to be called for the interview (I thought it was going to be a board room interview but what I saw was like a child’s play) I did not know the interview was already going on because we entered the hall a bit late due to the security check. The guy in window 14 was friendly and straight to business no waste of time he approved 5 families before we were interviewed by the nice elderly man @ window 16 who also approved 3 different families before our turn but thorough. There was a particular couple he interviewed one after the other for like 3 rounds and they were with baby but he later approved their visa, but the oga at the window 15 only interview one applicant for more than 1 hour and he asked the man to produce a particular document before 1p.m. (Please when you are seated try as much as possible to see what is going on because while we were seated we saw the positioning for the thumb print and I explain the process to my wife as this gave us some credit because the CO was just saying beautiful good till we were done). Our number beeped at window 16, we were asked to raise our hand to raise our right hand to take an oath, we did. He showed us the document sent to KCC and asked us to sign and we did. He saw us exchanging our baby who was sleeping to another to enable us complete the finger print and signing so he asked my wife to go and sit down with the baby that he has some questions for me.

Co: why did you play this lottery
Me: To enable me go to America to learn new things and give back to the Americans what I’ve learnt
Co: Do you have any relative in America
Me: Yes my host ( He checked the form and mention his name and his address) I said yes.
Co: How is he to you.
Me: A family friend.
Co: Apart from your host who else do you have in America
Me: No one
Co: Any member of your wife family in America
Me: No.
Co: Tell me about your highest level of education.
Me: When I sent the form to KCC I had OND but now I am through with my B.sc
Co: In what?
Me: Banking & Finance.
Co: How many years did complete you programe.
Me: 5 years (He wanted to raise and exception and I quickly told him it was a part time programe)
Co: Oh I see.
Me: I smiled.
Co: Do you have any other child apart from your son?
Co: What about your wife?
Co: Were you present when your wife gave birth?
Me: Yes.
Co: Where?
Me: Gbagada Lagos.
Co: I mean is it Hospital or traditional
Me: Hospital.
Co: For how long was she in the labour?
Me: We got to the hospital 6.am in the morning and she gave birth 10.pm
Co: Was it CS or normal birth?
Me: Normal birth.
Co: When was she discharged?
Me: The following day. He was amazed.
He brought out 2 paper circle the address and asked me to pick the visa next week and the other paper for visa payment.
Co: Any question.
Me: I said no sir. Before he go change his mind. He returned my original document.

Na so God do am ooo. He still dey do me like a dream.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
edojariogba: thanks alot @ jasper400 for the reply. pls will it be wise for me to do two seprate affidavit one for my middle name nd the other for date of birth? am so worried now than ever becos of those two issues in my waec certificate

i went for my police report 2day at alagbon and i will collect it 2mao and proceed to children practice for my medicals at ikoyi.
(
i will advice u do it separately..each wil cost u less than 1k
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by addsam: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
mata1ng: I thanked God for His goodness upon me and my family, the tension of over a year finally become real today. Thanks to every members of this great forum indeed it is a tutorial centre and information centre for the immigrant (EXPO). You guys are doing a great job from page 1 to 763 pages no be moi moi. God will reward you all. I have been following this thread from day 1 and it’s my turn to share my experience.
We got to the embassy @ 5.55am for 7am appointment pass through all security checks before gaining access into the hall. We were given a tag and made payment for $990 and waited for our names to be called for documentation at the window 17 and asked us to wait for our tag number to be called for the interview (I thought it was going to be a board room interview but what I saw was like a child’s play) I did not know the interview was already going on because we entered the hall a bit late due to the security check. The guy in window 14 was friendly and straight to business no waste of time he approved 5 families before we were interviewed by the nice elderly man @ window 16 who also approved 3 different families before our turn but thorough. There was a particular couple he interviewed one after the other for like 3 rounds and they were with baby but he later approved their visa, but the oga at the window 15 only interview one applicant for more than 1 hour and he asked the man to produce a particular document before 1p.m. (Please when you are seated try as much as possible to see what is going on because while we were seated we saw the positioning for the thumb print and I explain the process to my wife as this gave us some credit because the CO was just saying beautiful good till we were done). Our number beeped at window 16, we were asked to raise our hand to raise our right hand to take an oath, we did. He showed us the document sent to KCC and asked us to sign and we did. He saw us exchanging our baby who was sleeping to another to enable us complete the finger print and signing so he asked my wife to go and sit down with the baby that he has some questions for me.

Me: To enable me go to America to learn new things and give back to the Americans what I’ve learnt
Me: Yes my host ( He checked the form and mention his name and his address) I said yes.
Me: 5 years (He wanted to raise and exception and I quickly told him it was a part time programe)
He brought out 2 paper circle the address and asked me to pick the visa next week and the other paper for visa payment.
Me: I said no sir. Before he go change his mind. He returned my original document.

i say a big congratulation to you and ur family.God that did urs will perfect we that are still waiting for the interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
ferdimako:

August is 19800 for Nigeria.
yes bro.....August will be for their interviews
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ournaija: Hello House,

As a winner, do my brother need to register and pay for the GREEN card online before departing Nigeria? Or do you think it better he do it over there? Please reply before we make avoidable mistakes.

Thanks.
Are you the winner or your brother? The principal applicant & beneficiary are to pay the USCIS immigrant fee. Its will be better if he pays before departing. Use GTB naira card. It works good.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
edojariogba: thanks alot @ jasper400 for the reply. pls will it be wise for me to do two seprate affidavit one for my middle name nd the other for date of birth? am so worried now than ever becos of those two issues in my waec certificate

(
No, They can address both issue on one affidavit since its about a waec certificate. You are suppose to collect your police report same day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
candytos:

@ Yusmash00
My Package got to KCC last thursday confirmed thro tracking it.
You advised me to mail KCC requesting for interview date?
Am confused about the whole process kindly enlighten me.
Thanks and stay blessed.
Since the tracking already confirm delivery. Email the KCC on: KCCDV@state.gov if they receive your package. Make sure you include your CN and DOB using this format(MM-DD-YYYY) when emailing. You will be interviewed in August or September.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
mata1ng: I thanked God for His goodness upon me and my family, the tension of over a year finally become real today. Thanks to every members of this great forum indeed it is a tutorial centre and information centre for the immigrant (EXPO). You guys are doing a great job from page 1 to 763 pages no be moi moi. God will reward you all. I have been following this thread from day 1 and it’s my turn to share my experience.

Congratulation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
edimop: yes bro.....August will be for their interviews

Okay!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
iScamfieil: My heart is full of joy and appreciation to God for a successful interview today.
I knew He was able to finish the project he started in my life.

Let me use this time to say that there is no forum hosted by any server that is as educative and informative like our lovely Nairaland!
I got to the Embassy around 4:45am (I was the 1st to appear for interview), waited till abt 6:00am and the 1st security check was done and we queued up-Immigrant line.
After abt 20mins, we proceeded to collect tag and next security check afterwards... Till we got to the interview hall-- submitted my documents and waited till abt 9: 30 my number appeared @ window 14

EXPERIENCE
Me: Good morning
CO: good morning
CO: place ur hands for prints
Me: I did
CO: sign this form
CO: raise ur hand and swear
CO: what's ur highest qualification?
Me: B.Tech IT (in full)
CO: U did ur NYSC
Me: Yes
CO: where
Me: Bayelsa State
CO: what was it like?
Me: I worked in the state Min. of Information as (job description)
CO: what are u doing now
Me: working
CO: where?
Me: working with Airtel NG
CO: ok, as what?
Me: As outbound customer agent
CO: presented two papers to me one for Visa collection and the other for USCIS fee payment

my peeps, na so I see am today º‎°˚˚˚°º‎O

As I matched out joy ovatro* me I nack one security man 1k make in de drink zobo for my head lol

God Bless America!
God Bless Nairaland
#God has not left the throne#

Congrats. Just go and dominate.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
pjogutum1:
Thanx God 4 ur journey sir.

@ Nero xp: BHD.

@roodboy:thanks God bless you and your family.

@ pjogutum: big Amen...pls wen is ur intview? Mine is jujy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Yusmash00: Since the tracking already confirm delivery. Email the KCC on: KCCDV@state.gov if they receive your package. Make sure you include your CN and DOB using this format(MM-DD-YYYY) when emailing. You will be interviewed in August or September.
I thought the 2014 interview process starts in october.I'm having a casenumber of 2120 interview city naples.Can you please tell me when exactly my interview will be?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lhasky007: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
I thank d good Lord for me and my wife, we had a successful interview today. It wasn't easy I won't lie but tk God for nairaland n what we v learnt ere. At d d end we were given d two white papers for visa collection and greencard payment fee. Full gist later peeps. Praise the Lord

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.