Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921257 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by valdubem(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2012
Beisel4real: I have been selected for 2013 DV
2013AF000000XX (LESS THAN 100)

i HAVE A CONCERN.
I FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN 1979(WAEC 1 CREDIT AND I PASS) AND WENT TO TECHNICAL COLLEGE TO STUDY BUILDING TECH AND FINISHED IN 1983 WITH CITY AND GUILD.

I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THE MINISTRY OF WORKS AS BUILDING INSPECTOR FOR 28YEARS NOW.I AM NOW A SENIOR WORKS SUPERVISOR
WHICH FALL UNDER JOB ZONE 4.

DO I STILL QUALIFY WITH EDUCATION QUALIFICATION OR JOB EXPERIENCE

I NEED UR INPUT WHETHER I CAN PROCEED WITH THE PROCESSING?

This man U don old na. wetin U wan go look for yankee? na pple like U dey reduce our chances of winning.
THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 8:37pm On May 12, 2012
pator: @obama, guy take it easy for ur learning, u don't just start accusing people of fake info when u re not diligent enough to make your findings. If the link I posted is not working well sorry about that. You can go and check visa bulletin site and scroll down you will see for yourself
@pator if u know u are confidence in ur finding past the site for us to see at lease i paste the site i know u can not just come here and be faking people here mine u we are not illitrate if u are sure give us the site.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by aseel981: 3:42pm On May 13, 2012
i am a winner of dv 2013... i have a few questions i hope you can help me with...
1- the american embassy has closed in my country due to the unrest taking place there , so the location mentioned on my confirmation letter is a neighboring country, if for some reason this neighboring country will no longer welcome visitors from my country, will the american embassy transfer my case to another country where i can have an interview or will i miss out the interview and the visa?
2- my number is 00009xxx, when would the interview be expected to take place?
3- if i have to change the location, how early in advance should i do it? can i do it a couple of weeks before the interview date? will i have to contact KCC or the embassy where i should have the interview?
4- will every selectee get the chance to have an interview, or will this depend on the availability of the visa as they mentioned on the confirmation letter?

thanks a million for your advice
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2012
obamaobama: @pator where did u get ur fake info even the site u past does not exist till next year before the give the overall number of winner ok check this site. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html can't fine number of selettees for dv2013 and pls stop posting wrong info and fake site
Infact,i was not cleared with KCC statement on DV-2013 because selected nos of DV-2013 has been released and still asked entrants to check back by october and the nos selected has reached limit and entrants compliant that few was selected. Read what they wrote,

F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2013 (DV-2013) RESULTS

The Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky has registered and notified the winners of the DV-2013 diversity lottery. The diversity lottery was conducted under the terms of section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and makes available *50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. Approximately 105,628 applicants have been registered. Applicants may check the status of their entry using the confirmation number through Entrant Status Check on the website www.dvlottery.state.gov. Entrants selected may make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2013 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2013 (October 1, 2012 until September 30, 2013).

Applicants registered for the DV-2013 program were selected at random from 7,941,400 qualified entries (12,577,463 with derivatives) received during the 30-day application period that ran from noon, Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday, October 4, 2011, until noon, Eastern Daylight Time on Saturday, November 5, 2011. The visas have been apportioned among six geographic regions with a maximum of seven percent available to persons born in any single country. During the visa interview, principal applicants must provide proof of a high school education or its equivalent, or show two years of work experience in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience within the past five years. Those selected will need to act on their immigrant visa applications quickly. Applicants should follow the instructions provided on the website www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Registrants living legally in the United States who wish to apply for adjustment of their status must contact the USCIS for information on the requirements and procedures. Once the total *50,000 visa numbers have been used, the program for fiscal year 2013 will end. Selected applicants who do not receive visas by September 30, 2013 will derive no further benefit from their DV-2013 registration. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2013 principal applicants are only entitled to derivative diversity visa status until September 30, 2013.

Dates for the DV-2014 program registration period will be widely publicized in the coming months. Those interested in entering the DV-2014 program should check the Department of State’s Visa web page for more details in September.

* The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress

in November 1997 stipulated that up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas be made available for use under the NACARA program. The reduction of the limit of available visas to 50,000 began with DV-2000.

The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2013 program:
AFRICA
ALGERIA 2,161 GABON 38 SAO TOME & PRINCIPE 0
ANGOLA 47 GAMBIA, THE 85 SENEGAL 394
BENIN 809 GHANA 5,105 SEYCHELLES 0
BOTSWANA 18 GUINEA 1,350 SIERRA LEONE 2,516
BURKINA FASO 296 GUINEA-BISSAU 25 SOMALIA 197
BURUNDI 94 KENYA 4,410 SOUTH AFRICA 956
CAMEROON 3,858 LESOTHO 6 SOUTH SUDAN 5
CAPE VERDE 25 LIBERIA 1,916 SUDAN 74 NIGERIA 6,218
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2012
1- the american embassy has closed in my country due to the unrest taking place there , so the location mentioned on my confirmation letter is a neighboring country, if for some reason this neighboring country will no longer welcome visitors from my country, will the american embassy transfer my case to another country where i can have an interview or will i miss out the interview and the visa?
The embassy will notify you on the new location but i would advice you send a mail to them to let them know you cant visit the other country.

Your continent will determine this but i guess before Dec 2012

3- if i have to change the location, how early in advance should i do it? can i do it a couple of weeks before the interview date? will i have to contact KCC or the embassy where i should have the interview?
mail KCC first and lets know thier reaction before you take next step

4- will every selectee get the chance to have an interview, or will this depend on the availability of the visa as they mentioned on the confirmation letter?

Yes every selectee that returns his or her forms back to KCC will have interview

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by aseel981: 7:05pm On May 13, 2012
smiley smiley
temmytanny: 1- the american embassy has closed in my country due to the unrest taking place there , so the location mentioned on my confirmation letter is a neighboring country, if for some reason this neighboring country will no longer welcome visitors from my country, will the american embassy transfer my case to another country where i can have an interview or will i miss out the interview and the visa?
The embassy will notify you on the new location but i would advice you send a mail to them to let them know you cant visit the other country.

Yes every selectee that returns his or her forms back to KCC will have interview

thanks Temmytanny smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 2:12am On May 14, 2012
i won a visa lottery am singl am i going to fill the both foam of dsp 122 and ds 230
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 2:16am On May 14, 2012
tobi16: i won a visa lottery am singl am i going to fill the both foam of dsp 122 and ds 230
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:10am On May 14, 2012
tobi16: i won a visa lottery am singl am i going to fill the both foam of dsp 122 and ds 230
Yes,as principal applicant u must fill both. al the best bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Olawalesugar: 6:39am On May 14, 2012
Wit all ds statistic, wil dre b anoda round of selectn 4 oct as stated by DVL? Abi na boobo?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:10am On May 14, 2012
Olawalesugar: Wit all ds statistic, wil dre b anoda round of selectn 4 oct as stated by DVL? Abi na boobo?
Yes,there wldbe.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2012
temmytanny: Yes,there wldbe.

@temmytanny, if it will be another selection but 105k has been selected already which have reach the normal nos they do selecting every year. How its going to happen?.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2012
Bussyme:

@temmytanny, if it will be another selection but 105k has been selected already which have reach the normal nos they do selecting every year. How its going to happen?.
Dat was y i said b4 dat it cldbe more dis year
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adexkem(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2012
temmytanny: 1- the american embassy has closed in my country due to the unrest taking place there , so the location mentioned on my confirmation letter is a neighboring country, if for some reason this neighboring country will no longer welcome visitors from my country, will the american embassy transfer my case to another country where i can have an interview or will i miss out the interview and the visa?

if visa has finish, not all the selectee will be interview. For instance DV 2012 visa bulletin say africa is current for June on-ward. Meaning no more interview for dv 12 cos no more visa. Also the last case number that got interview in nigeria is 25000 down-ward. Those from 25000 and something up-ward will not be interview. I can be corrected if your case number is 25000 + for dv 12 and you are interview please proof me wrong.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:50pm On May 14, 2012
adexkem: if visa has finish, not all the selectee will be interview. For instance DV 2012 visa bulletin say africa is current for June on-ward. Meaning no more interview for dv 12 cos no more visa. Also the last case number that got interview in nigeria is 25000 down-ward. Those from 25000 and something up-ward will not be interview. I can be corrected if your case number is 25000 + for dv 12 and you are interview please proof me wrong.
Ar u sayin those above 25000 ar unlucky or wil nt do any interview at al?i dnt think so,i av nt seen a year dat that got exhausted.if june is current,it doesnt mean july,august n sept wld be same.moreover,normal interview period is btw oct-august while sept is used to interview those dat submitd late,those dat av issues of medical,cert etc.i also stand 2b correct by any1 here cos i got this frm a foreigner frm anoda immigratn forum.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 8:16pm On May 14, 2012
I'm really excited because I was selected for further processing in the 2013 DV Lottery. I feel like I waited forever for the results, but good things come to those who wait.

Anyhoo.
Once I have mailed or is it through email address DSP 122 and DS230 to the KCC, how long is the wait until the next stage (which I guess is the visa interview)?

I'm really sorry if this question is posted somewhere else!

Oh, and if anyone has any tips/advice for me regarding the process from this point, please let me know.
Pls i need follow up.......................

Cheers!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 8:21pm On May 14, 2012
I'm really excited because I was selected for further processing in the 2013 DV Lottery. I feel like I waited forever for the results, but good things come to those who wait.

Anyhoo.
Once I have mailed DSP 122 and DS230 to the KCC, how long is the wait until the next stage (which I guess is the visa interview)?

Oh, and if anyone has any tips/advice for me regarding the process from this point, please let me know.

Cheers!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2012
garvins: I'm really excited because I was selected for further processing in the 2013 DV Lottery. I feel like I waited forever for the results, but good things come to those who wait.

Anyhoo.
Once I have mailed DSP 122 and DS230 to the KCC, how long is the wait until the next stage (which I guess is the visa interview)?

Cheers!!

Congrats bro. Your interview date depends on your case number. If you can give idea of your case number we will be able to give you idea of when you will likely be called for interview. I will also encourage you to read through the DV 2012 thread you will learn so much as per the process and how to prepare for your interview.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by BigBaloh(m): 5:56am On May 15, 2012
temmytanny: Dat was y i said b4 dat it cldbe more dis year
Specifically in reference 2 Nigeria I stand 2b discouraged dt there would nt b any additional selectees in october.We all kne 6k+selectees cnnt al seal thru d final stage and ref 2 previous yrs Nig & Ghana selectees who ar issued Visa ar above 5k+.So if they (Kcc) should av had completed nø of d selectees 4 dv2013 it ought 2b relatively above 10k selectees or double d present nø chosen in Nigeria.Also,50k visa ar made available evry fiscal yr and 105k selectees ar selected meaning at least 4 each country 2 selectee 4 1 Visa opportunity wit al conditions observed.So no cause 4 alarm lets b positive in our thinking it is wel.Those dt put there trust in our Lord Jesus christ shal not b disappointed "Amen" gud day.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tunisiandv: 7:32am On May 15, 2012
Big Baloh: Specifically in reference 2 Nigeria I stand 2b discouraged dt there would nt b any additional selectees in october.We all kne 6k+selectees cnnt al seal thru d final stage and ref 2 previous yrs Nig & Ghana selectees who ar issued Visa ar above 5k+.So if they (Kcc) should av had completed nø of d selectees 4 dv2013 it ought 2b relatively above 10k selectees or double d present nø chosen in Nigeria.Also,50k visa ar made available evry fiscal yr and 105k selectees ar selected meaning at least 4 each country 2 selectee 4 1 Visa opportunity wit al conditions observed.So no cause 4 alarm lets b positive in our thinking it is wel.Those dt put there trust in our Lord Jesus christ shal not b disappointed "Amen" gud day.

thank you for help,
am selected on dv2013 and i know that there is not a notification letter for this year but i have a question:do i have to send the dsp122/ds230/2photographs/barcode before the end of mai or if what is dead line of sending that.
and thank you for answering and appreciate that smiley smiley smiley smiley

and what do you think about my case numer (af00047xxx) is so high: do you think that i can get the date of the interview sad sad sad sad sad sad sad because they said that this year there are a few number of selected///

waiting for your answers brothers...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by thewarlord: 10:34am On May 15, 2012
your number is quite high for africa,but don't lose hope yet
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2012
Hello Friend,

Just to know, my case number is 000002**, when do u think i will get an interview date, also i want to know if there is any financial statement required for the interview and also if you need to have someone staying in the US.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2012
@atseyi,if you are in nigeria,you dont need financial statement but i would advice you send mail to KCC or US embassy in Nigeria for confirmation. You case number is very low and so expect your interview in oct-november. You interview letter(via email)would come by june-july.so start preparing your documents.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by aseel981: 6:38pm On May 15, 2012
thewarlord: your number is quite high for africa,but don't lose hope yet

how do you know what number is high for what continent? please help... i am from Asia and my number is 9xxx, how do i know if this is high or not for where i come from?

thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 7:32pm On May 15, 2012
Thanks Broda
Once I have mailed or is it through email address DSP 122 and DS230 to the KCC,

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 8:13pm On May 15, 2012
i want to use this opportunity to tank all of u who has dedicated there valuable time to answer questions....i am dv 2013 winner,i hv just sent my forms to kcc but i will like to know wen my interview will fall on am 2013AF00012***, coz i will like to be prepared.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 8:33pm On May 15, 2012
temmytanny: @atseyi,if you are in nigeria,you dont need financial statement but i would advice you send mail to KCC or US embassy in Nigeria for confirmation. You case number is very low and so expect your interview in oct-november. You interview letter(via email)would come by june-july.so start preparing your documents.
thanks,but do you have an idea if u need to have someone in d states?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 10:55pm On May 15, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:02am On May 16, 2012
atseyi: thanks,but do you have an idea if u need to have someone in d states?
Its a must u av som1 overthere cos US wouldnt want u 2become liability to them
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:23am On May 16, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jsthitang: 10:41am On May 16, 2012
Hy frnds. The info provide in this site is very useful..
I want to know that my CN is 9***. Am I need to show my bank balance, however I m from asia?
And 2nd question
Where should I submit my documents? Is it Mailed to KCC or personally submit in us embassy of my region?? Pls help me.. Thankx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by aseel981: 11:40am On May 16, 2012
jst.hitang:
Hy frnds. The info provide in this site is very useful..
I want to know that my CN is 9***. Am I need to show my bank balance, however I m from asia?
And 2nd question
Where should I submit my documents? Is it Mailed to KCC or personally submit in us embassy of my region?? Pls help me.. Thankx

this is interesting! i am from asia too and my number is 9xxx ! we should be having the interview in the same month i guess...
you should mail the forms with the pics to KCC... i have sent mine already...

good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.