Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,945 members, 7,821,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? (23266 Views)

What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / What Age Is The Right Age To Have A Child? / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by nnana4top: 9:09pm On May 02, 2012
Hello men and women. In Nigeria context, at what age do you assumed that a MAN is overdue for marriage. Some say 30, others 35, few say 40, others say.....
What do u say. pls be objective and real!
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by RealTreas(f): 9:44pm On May 02, 2012
As for me,there is nothing like age due.it is when you are fully ready to take responsiblity. As a man,you can marry anytime you feel like as far as you are matured enough to marry and to take care of your family.you don´t have to marry because you are at the age you just mentioned above.Bleep
Just look at what desperate has cause many girls and boys.pls look before you leap.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by moremi2008(m): 9:49pm On May 02, 2012
A man should marry when he is ready and able. That said, he doesn't want to have small children at the age of 60 when he might too old to provide for them. The absolute upper limit (i.e. the worst case scenario) is 40. By the age of 40, you should have a solid career/business and should be able to support a family. At 40, there are no more excuses except impotence or homosexuality.

The ideal target for a highly educated man is between 27 and 33 yrs. By 33, the man should be done with graduate school and should be established in a decent career. I have some friends that married earlier than 27 but almost all of them had to spend some time away from their families to get graduate degrees abroad. I honestly don't see any reason why a man should wait beyond 33 except for financial issues (or in some rare cases, an ill-timed emigration to another country). In that case, then he has until at the VERY LATEST 40yrs to get his finances/papers in order and start a family.

10 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Busybody2(f): 9:51pm On May 02, 2012
Apparently, the quality of men's sperm, its motility, etcetera declines the older they get, so good for them too tongue

Women have been drawing the shorter straw for yonks so its time things turned on its head. We need a revolution tongue

4 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by moremi2008(m): 10:37pm On May 02, 2012
Busy_body:
Apparently, the quality of men's sperm, its motility, etcetera declines the older they get, so good for them too tongue

Women have been drawing the shorter straw for yonks so its time things turned on its head. We need a revolution tongue

Revolution in what? Biology? Cultural attitudes towards the biological clock? You're going to have to get more specific because the male and female biological clocks are so fundamentally different, they aren't even remotely comparable. Men can have healthy kids into their nineties!!!

7 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 02, 2012
they may be able to father children at even 100 years old but i would prefer sperm from a 35 year old instead of from a 45 year old - just saying. plus there are increased risks of having a downs baby or autistic child as the man gets older - obviously us women have bigger biological clock issues
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by blacklion(m): 2:40am On May 03, 2012
There is no correct answer to this question that applies accurately to all Nigerian men. The question is culture-bound.

The culture of some ethnic groups in Nigeria entails that most men from that culture will generally marry later in life than their peers who are from other ethnic groups.

The best answer is that a man should marry when he personally is ready - financially and psychologically.

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by princeonx: 3:37am On May 03, 2012
Naija folks/girls want that title by all means! That is exactly why marriage is over rated in Nigeria and jumped into for almost all the wrong reasons. Am getting old, am the first son and my mates are married, my parents want grandchildren, My sisters and cousins are all married, my clock is ticking, I want to but not financially stable, i want to and am ready but she's older, is a man 10yrs older too old for me?, and so on! People should get married when they fall in love regardless or their age or pocket. I did at 31, loving it, and still chasing dollars with red eyes

4 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Jiah011(f): 4:11am On May 03, 2012
prince_onx: Naija folks/girls want that title by all means! That is exactly why marriage is over rated in Nigeria and jumped into for almost all the wrong reasons. Am getting old, am the first son and my mates are married, my parents want grandchildren, My sisters and cousins are all married, my clock is ticking, I want to but not financially stable, i want to and am ready but she's older, is a man 10yrs older too old for me?, and so on! People should get married when they fall in love regardless or their age or pocket. I did at 31, loving it, and still chasing dollars with red eyes

Please help me tell them! Spot on! I just attended a wedding this past weekend in which the groom was at least 20 years older than the bride. She looked so sad and miserable. Why live someone else's life and be miserable. We only have one life to live. Is marriage by force? Apparently it is for many Nigerians, and sadly for the bride I saw last weekend. With that old groom dancing like he won millions and the bride looking like she was at her own funeral. Na waoh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:16am On May 03, 2012
As soon as your dii.ck stops working.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Nobody: 5:47am On May 03, 2012
Ate What Age Aarraige Is Overdue?, lwkmd @ the hompage headline grin
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by ekitikan(m): 5:52am On May 03, 2012
Busy_body:

IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR KEYBOARD?
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by ndlife: 6:39am On May 03, 2012
Marry on the age of 15y if not dat age,then wait till 78y.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by ReLaTE(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2012
No definite age.

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by ReLaTE(m): 6:45am On May 03, 2012
cotton101: they may be able to father children at even 100 years old but i would prefer sperm from a 35 year old instead of from a 45 year old - just saying. plus there are increased risks of having a downs baby or autistic child as the man gets older - obviously us women have bigger biological clock issues
pls talk what u knw, 45yr on a good diet and healthy sperms is beta than 30yr wt ogogoro sperm and poor diet.

2 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by bigiyaro(m): 6:45am On May 03, 2012
As far as am concern,a man should be married latest by 35. By that age a man that is worth his onions should have been established in his career or trade.i have an uncle that uses his pension to pay his first child‘s secondary school fees,he don‘t even gel with his children,he feels they want to be pampered and the children feels their father too stingy and old school(this guy is closing in on 68 and his first son is about 16,he got 5 more). There is time for every thing under the sun,most guys hide under so many excuses not to get married but if you dig deeper you will discover that such guys are just plain afraid of committement. As for me i want to play ps3 with my children,take them swimming and still show off my 6 packs,i can‘t afford looking a grand dad to my children. So guys please try and get married by 35 or at most 38. Life is too short.

11 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by nnana4top: 7:15am On May 03, 2012
Sincerly i wanna appreciate all you that contributed to this post. You all wrote well, i think i agree with the poster that said 35 should be an ideal age, am 33 by june, am not yet financially stable and my mother is already on my neck for a grand child. Also inside me i wish to get married, but i cant for now... Am believing God for a change once i have dat, i do what a man must do. I know there guys in this same situation am in, lets have faith. I love nairaland people

3 Likes

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by krospel(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2012
I think ideally a man is expected 2 start talking marriage 4rm da age of 30 with all things being equal...could be a few years b4 or after bt 30 carries da popularity vote. But in da real sense do it wen u can afford to, emotionally n financially...
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Tyche(m): 7:48am On May 03, 2012
The front page title is amusing. Mod, correction please.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by KINGwax(m): 7:51am On May 03, 2012
moremi2008:

Revolution in what? Biology? Cultural attitudes towards the biological clock? You're going to have to get more specific because the male and female biological clocks are so fundamentally different, they aren't even remotely comparable. Men can have healthy kids into their nineties!!!
so true
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Nobody: 7:54am On May 03, 2012
Am 24 & doin MSc. This marriage tin scares †ЂΞ shit outta ma stomach i swear!
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by blacklion(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2012
bigiyaro: As far as am concern,a man should be married latest by 35. By that age a man that is worth his onions should have been established in his career or trade.i have an uncle that uses his pension to pay his first child‘s secondary school fees,he don‘t even gel with his children,he feels they want to be pampered and the children feels their father too stingy and old school(this guy is closing in on 68 and his first son is about 16,he got 5 more). There is time for every thing under the sun,most guys hide under so many excuses not to get married but if you dig deeper you will discover that such guys are just plain afraid of committement. As for me i want to play ps3 with my children,take them swimming and still show off my 6 packs,i can‘t afford looking a grand dad to my children. So guys please try and get married by 35 or at most 38. Life is too short.

Speak for your culture. In my culture, 35 years is just about time to start thinking about marriage.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by IBEXY(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2012
Marriage should be done by max 40yrs. Otherwise when will you enjoy your kids? Give your kids a chance to enjoy you around for many many years.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Fairgodwin(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2012
nnana4top: Sincerly i wanna appreciate all you that contributed to this post. You all wrote well, i think i agree with the poster that said 35 should be an ideal age, am 33 by june, am not yet financially stable and my mother is already on my neck for a grand child. Also inside me i wish to get married, but i cant for now... Am believing God for a change once i have dat, i do what a man must do. I know there guys in this same situation am in, lets have faith. I love nairaland people
nnana4top: Sincerly i wanna appreciate all you that contributed to this post. You all wrote well, i think i agree with the poster that said 35 should be an ideal age, am 33 by june, am not yet financially stable and my mother is already on my neck for a grand child. Also inside me i wish to get married, but i cant for now... Am believing God for a change once i have dat, i do what a man must do. I know there guys in this same situation am in, lets have faith. I love nairaland people
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Nobody: 8:23am On May 03, 2012
Correct your spelling Moderator. At not Ate
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Basic(m): 8:29am On May 03, 2012
cotton101: they may be able to father children at even 100 years old but i would prefer sperm from a 35 year old instead of from a 45 year old - just saying. plus there are increased risks of having a downs baby or autistic child as the man gets older - obviously us women have bigger biological clock issues
Please don't tell us trash here. The risks of Down's syndrome and many other congenital disorders increase with increasing age of the mother only, not that of the man. Aging does not make a man's sperms abnormal. Though the number and rate may reduce, the quality does not. I'm a medical student, so, I think I know better. If you need references, I can cite hundreds.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:35am On May 03, 2012
Marriage is the only legal contract that changes status. A male should marry when he can managed the change in status. I intend to marry at 30. The names ''horney, sweet hrt and Daddy'' are great responsibility associated wt the change in status.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by moremi2008(m): 8:36am On May 03, 2012
Basic: [quote author=blacklion]

Speak for your culture. In my culture, 35 years is just about time to start thinking about marriage.

Are you Igbo? I have heard that Igbo men only start considering marriage after becoming rich. I don't know how true that is though.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Pain(m): 8:37am On May 03, 2012
Any marriage after 35 is late. After 40 is very late. My 50kobo

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:41am On May 03, 2012
I like what sm1 said '' i want to play Ps3 with my children. I will like to play ps3 wt mine too.
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Basic(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2012
I'm a B.Sc holder, but currently studying Medicine in UNILAG. I'm just 24 but I'm getting married in 2 months time. Say whatever you like! (I run a lucrative online freelance writing business tho').
Re: What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? by Basic(m): 8:47am On May 03, 2012
Liverpoolfc: I like what sm1 said '' i want to play Ps3 with my children. I will like to play ps3 wt mine too.

Who says it's not possible for you to play PS3 with your son even when you're 75 and he's just 10?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Shares How Man Abandons Family To Marry A New Wife In Nigeria / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / He Said NO To A Quiet Wedding!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.