Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,952 members, 7,810,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline (22565 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 11:05am On Mar 15
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

So I'm asking, what could be the problem with staying married these days?

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by thesicilian: 11:11am On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable. Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.
People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two
Like everything else, the bad eggs tend to be more visible than the good ones. There's a whole lot of happy, disciplined, committed married couples out there.

294 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Dynamicscholar: 11:21am On Mar 15
He who findeth a wife finds a good thing. Probably they married for the wrong reason. Sometimes people need to start asking themselves why they want to marry and if the prospective woman or man is not an answer to the questions. Keep on searching. It is better to be single than to marry a disaster.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 11:23am On Mar 15
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 11:28am On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Like everything else, the bad eggs tend to be more visible than the good ones. There's a whole lot of happy, disciplined, committed married couples out there.
Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 11:30am On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided
What could be your reason for such view?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by advanceDNA: 11:40am On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 11:43am On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

What could be your reason for such view?

You still dey ask? No be you create topic?

Don't you see how bad modern marriages/women are? I will rather be single for life and enjoy my wealth alone, than to carry one liability in the name of love.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Benekkk: 12:05pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin
True. What you sow is what you reap. Fornication and Adultery mean nothing to them. What do you expect? Movies and the internet have redefined moral values. Self love !
There’s no God!
If it feels good, do it!
- How can you honor vows when you don’t know the meaning of the word “covenant?”

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobicove(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15
Benekkk:
True. What you sow is what you reap. Fornication and Adultery mean nothing to them. What do you expect? Movies and the internet have redefined moral values. Self love !
There’s no God!
If it feels good, do it!
- How can you honor vows when you don’t know the meaning of the word “covenant?”

I agree with you, most TV shows these days glorify adultery especially those on Telemundo undecided

28 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by wonder233: 12:35pm On Mar 15
Marriage is one of the biggest scams humans imposed on themselves. The simple reason is that humans, like other animals are wired to want sexual variety. But modern humans in a bid to organise society, came up with the notion of marriage. It takes a lot for people not to stray sexually, cos you're going against your base nature. What is within our powers to achieve as higher animals is responsibility in caring for offsprings... And for that, you don't need marriage.
But everyone is a hypocrite, especially in this clime.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Seunpapa65: 12:39pm On Mar 15
It's crazy but marriage no be bean imagine waking up everyday to be seeing the same person for eternity u sef go tire

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Ballzproblemm: 12:44pm On Mar 15
marriage has outlived it's usefulness,

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by MrCork: 12:45pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable. Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

angry
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by MrCork: 12:47pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

insted of goin to find women..u sit down there observin yor friends wife becuzz they dint give u sexx....SHAME ON YOU SIR......cant u go$ pay fpr Olosho? brother are u ok? (no oofeinsce) angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by TimiRume(f): 12:57pm On Mar 15
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.

That's my opinion

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by TimiRume(f): 12:59pm On Mar 15
Double post
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by thesicilian: 1:10pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up
Why would anyone come out and say their life is perfect? So that the evil ones can spoil it for them? Can you tell your suffering colleagues that you're rich?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by eniolorunfe: 1:45pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

lol… you need them to speak up so that people can “pour sand inside their garri” 🤣

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by CrossRhodes: 2:03pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
Why not look at your parents marriage and draw inspiration from it, if they are still together....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by CrossRhodes: 2:05pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.

That's my opinion
Nice 👍👍👍

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15
CrossRhodes:

Why not look at your parents marriage and draw inspiration from it, if they are still together....
I come from a broken home, nothing inspiring about it. So I look to others for inspiration

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15
eniolorunfe:

lol… you need them to speak up so that people can “pour sand inside their garri” 🤣
Lol.. if they are so true, they shouldn't be scared of online in-laws

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:22pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Why would anyone come out and say their life is perfect? So that the evil ones can spoil it for them? Can you tell your suffering colleagues that you're rich?
Look why be so scared when you trust each other? No wonder many are influenced by the negatives of marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15
MrCork:

insted of goin to find women..u sit down there observin yor friends wife becuzz they dint give u sexx....SHAME ON YOU SIR......cant u go$ pay fpr Olosho? brother are u ok? (no oofeinsce) angry
Funny guy.. u always make me laff with your hilarious comments

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

You still dey ask? No be you create topic?

Don't you see how bad modern marriages/women are? I will rather be single for life and enjoy my wealth alone, than to carry one liability in the name of love.
That's my point, why is it this bad? Trust me single life is not so fun at all.
Love isn't a liability, I just think we the people made it so

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15
[quote author=advanceDNA post=128943714]

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin[/quote
I have always admired you from afar.
This ur comments showed I am right. I am real scared here because you made valid and daring points I swear. Internet and social media has truly destroyed good morals and killed sanctity in marriage.
What could be the solution pls? That's the reason for this thread
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by advanceDNA: 2:40pm On Mar 15
wonder233:
Marriage is one of the biggest scams humans imposed on themselves. The simple reason is that humans, like other animals are wired to want sexual variety. But modern humans in a bid to organise society, came up with the notion of marriage. It takes a lot for people not to stray sexually, cos you're going against your base nature. What is within our powers to achieve as higher animals is responsibility in caring for offsprings... And for that, you don't need marriage.
But everyone is a hypocrite, especially in this clime.
U are talking about being wired to want sexual variety?? Is that all we are wired to be..??

Are the same humans not wired to be jealous and passion driven as well.??
Are humans not wired to be territorial as well? Are humans not wired to be dangerous, impulse driven to kill their fellow man??

Baba Where do u draw the line.??..u want to run free and fvck with no form of institutional control.? No wahala....Should we allow someone else to run free and kill as well....rape as animal rape in the wild??

we are not animals in the bush and that's why we are high up the evolutionary ladder, furnished with impressive cognitive function

Marriage is actually an institution that can account for both sexual needs, care for kids, our right to be jealous , and our territorial nature at the same time... We only require discipline to uphold it , which evolution as equipped us with.....

But sadly... as humans, we want to promote sexual freedom, and sex positive, and other freedom to do watever we like as a norm and still promote marriage ...ok ooooo

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by advanceDNA: 2:45pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Baba....We are not ready for the solution....

we want the United state of America type of sexual freedom, freedom to behave like animals, explore pleasure to any level and freedom to do wateva we like...yet we want to produce good players that will go into marriage institution that require discipline ??

Hahahahahahahahahahaha......kolewerk...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Baba....We are not ready for the solution....

we want the United state of America type of sexual freedom, freedom to behave like animals, explore pleasure to any level and freedom to do wateva we like...yet we want to produce good players that will go into marriage institution that require discipline ??

Hahahahahahahahahahaha......kolewerk...
It's not a laughing matter, myself, I detest American type of almost everything, are they not the one they legalize gun freedom? See how it's going now? I remember how I grew up seeing people work hard and fight for their marriage, people put in efforts to be better then, today at 34 i can't even recognize that same marriage institution again, people don't put efforts, women don't even act like women in marriages anymore and as for our men, majority are a disgrace to the gender.
We need answers and solutions. We owe it to our kids to correct this anormaly

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by richiemcgold: 2:58pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

I come from a broken home, nothing inspiring about it. So I look to others for inspiration

Bro, pls make sure you don't marry a lady from another broken home like yours. Make sure you know more about your in-laws-to-be before delving into any marriage with their daughter. A lady from a loving home is more likely to take after her parents, while those from broken homes (especially those that were raised by their mothers) are more likely to experience broken homes too.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by RickyJesus: 3:02pm On Mar 15
Benekkk:
There’s no God!
If it feels good, do it!
Religion has nothing to do with it, are good Christian family home not also failing?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help! / Can I Do Court Marriage With Her? She Has A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.