Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa (4814 Views)

Selling Physical Products Online Without Owning A Single Product In Nigeria! / I Need A Patent Registered / How Do I Get A Patent Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa by shamrock: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2007
Got this product l want to go about maunfacturing, but before taking it out l want to have a patent right to it in Nigeria, and maybe other parts of Africa. How do l go about this?
Re: How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa by omogidi234(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hi, sure you know the difference between patent and trade mark. Please note that you will only be given patent for what has not been manufactured/invented before. So if what you want patent for is new entirely that is good. Please mail me and we will talk more: kleandenation@yahoo.ca
Re: How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa by Gbosh(m): 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hi omogidi234,

Clearly understood what your were talking about concerning PATENT/TRADE MARK.

i want to know when importing a product, what can I do to be the sole marketer or distributors here in Nigeria.

Please, advice.
Re: How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa by Seun(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2007
To become the sole distributor of a product, you need to sign an agreement with the manufacturer.

Why are you so afraid of competition? Competition is the soul of business, my brother. No competition, no progress.
Re: How Can I Get A Patent Right To A Product In Nigeria And Maybe Africa by omogidi234(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
Gbosh:

Hi omogidi234,

Clearly understood what your were talking about concerning PATENT/TRADE MARK.

i want to know when importing a product, what can I do to be the sole marketer or distributors here in Nigeria.

Please, advice.

Pretty straight forward, the first thing you do is you get a power of attorney from the manufacturer empowering you to sell the product here in Nigeria. If the product is non- food & drug you will register the product as a trade mark and move on. However, if it is in the class of food & drug after the TM registration you know the next point would be (NAFDAC).

(1) (Reply)

A Business That I Can Start With #15,000 / Fast Way Of Raking In Cash Nowadays / Check Out My Earnings In The Month Of July Alone On Upwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.