Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,425 members, 7,864,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo (1311 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor In A Live Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest (Video) / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:14am On May 03, 2012
First and foremost!!

This is a great and laudable project!! Heck if every state in Nigeria had one of these, we would have achieved something great in their 4 year tenure.
The problem is not if the housing project is a great idea or if Covenant University is a good university (which by the way, I beg to differ). . .

What we are scrutinizing here is the source of wealth and the morality behind it.

Oyedepo has no real job, like painter, accountant, tent-maker or even a carpenter like Jesus.
He is a preacher. A seller of false-hope. He thrives on preying on the vulnerabilty of both poor Nigerians and rich religous Nigerians to make money.
He is no different from a con man. Let us put God aside for one second and look through a clear glass devoid of Yea's, Thou's and Amens.
Now Oyedepos money comes from both the rich and the poor and the helpless. Countless of times I have been in his church and heard the pastors preach the congregation into a high so big that all he does is say. . . "Give the lord a 'challenging ' offering today, and see his blessings". . . The poor woman that fries Akara would put all of her profits into the basket because she wants God to bless her with a house in Lekki, the 40 year old retired LovePeddler turned usher would put hers as well because she wants a husband, the student failing in school would give away all his pocket money because he wants God to miraculously change his F-grade to an A. . and so on. . Problem is these things rarely ever happen. Then during the course of the week, some chap in the church hits a lucky break and comes and testifies in church and attributes his luck to the 100 Naira tithe he has been paying for over 15years. . . Many of the congregation would buy into it and now keep hoping that one day, theirs would also come.

Meanwhile, Oyedepo is doing this to a multitude of approximately 1 million followers. Lets say 1million followers put in a offering of 100 Naira on a sunday, thats 100 million Naira EASY!! there are 53 Sundays in 2012, so 100 million multiplied by 53 = 5.3 Billion Naira per year. . . Hope you are understanding the mathematics of his wealth. . We are not adding the offerings from Crusades, Outreaches, House fellowships, Rivival services, Miracle services, Tithes, Seeds, Pledges and realization from sales of Church branded Mercahndises like Books, Calenders, C.Ds, DVD's, annointing oil, miracle Handkerchief and the rest. . . The cashflow is unbelievable.

Now in a country where minimum wage is 18,000 Naira (and still some states are finding it hard to keep pay), over 70% living below the international set poverty line, where unemployment is at 25% per 10million Nigerians. . How do you expect them to afford to send their wards to Convenant University whose tuition fees are over 250,000 Naira or live in that 45million Naira edifice he is planning on building?! And stop that foolish talk of Nobody is forcing you to buy, because its downright ignorant at best. . . Nobody is forcing me to buy an Aston Martin at over 100,000 pounds but atleast I am not a stake holder in the firm, I didnt contribute to it. . But if my money in anyway contributed to building a School, buying Jets, building an estate, I may not be entitled to get freebies, but I'll be damned if I dont get some sort of dividend from it.

I have no problems with the business man named Oyedepo, I have a problem with the Crook/conman/Pastor named Oyedepo

Okija_Juju : https://www.nairaland.com/925995/bishop-oyedepos-proposed-canaan-city/6#10735866

I feel this post deserves a topic of its own... well put Okija.. grin
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by ijawkid(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2012
This post is d tightest post I've ever seen here on NL...

Geez!!!

These guy just said it all....

Does oyedepo have any proffession or a hand work apart from being a proffesed MOG??

Then how come d wealth
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2012
Smh after reading. Why do some Christian say they have the Holy Spirit BUT ARE STILL VERY DUMP IN THEIR MIND? If they Spirit that raised up Jesus dwells in your mortal body, He that raised up Jesus SHALL QUICKEN YOUR MORTAL BODY. People are so blind and dump that even the truth is told, they will still take it as lies and hatred. God bless you Okija_Juju.
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by mkmyers45(m): 2:34pm On May 03, 2012
Thumbs Up Okija....Word cool cool cool cool
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 03, 2012
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by flourishG(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2012
^
Dude, WTF is wrong with you. So because someone did it and you have to do same thing and continue such life? Your statement is pure ignorance displayed in action.

greateros: oh! ma! fuking! gad!

this post deserves an OSCAR!

the best so far from ajo nmanwu okija!

Running to go open me a nice cool church! fully air-conditioned, leather seats, Italian marbled alter and gold rimmed pulpit!

I have a convincing tongue and i will try my very best and kill my conscience - armed robbers, ritualists, ashe, scammers, widowers,politricians - everybody bring it to the house of the lord! Amen Hallelujah!
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by mkmyers45(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2012
flourishG: ^
Dude, WTF is wrong with you. So because someone did it and you have to do same thing and continue such life? Your statement is pure ignorance displayed in action.

He was clearly bieng sarcastic.....
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by flourishG(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2012
^
Okay.
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 03, 2012
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by SisiKill1: 3:05pm On May 03, 2012
mkmyers45:

He was clearly bieng sarcastic.....

It just flies over some people's head. . .it does.
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by flourishG(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2012
@ greateros,

I thought you meant it for real.lolz. But many people will not understand it that way, just as I misunderstood you. God bless you.
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by logicboy: 3:46pm On May 03, 2012
Not one Oyedepo follower to dispute the fact.

Many people have turned to sheep following this guy
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 03, 2012
Loll... where the winners @? Probably still questioning those 2 mad men that confessed to getting schematics of their church.. lmao... WINNERS indeed...
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2012
Okija ma boss! I hail chai see finishing, please avoid all winners members before they feel compelled to slap you on behalf of their oga. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by JeSoul(f): 6:25pm On May 03, 2012
Eeeeennn...so Chris is alive & kicking in these parts? I think say you don retire to a monastery deep in the hills of east Asia cheesy. How body now? you just waka commot abandon all ur good friends without even saying goodbye. Yeye boy like you. Wassup jor? smiley hows life?
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2012
@jesoul
My dear na sidon look I d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣γ̲̣ do since, nothing ever changes. You break my heart now abi you don forget? I had to go away to recover hehehehehe. I might still just be passing by sha. Hehehehehe grin
Re: Okija Juju's Summary On Oyedepo by JeSoul(f): 10:16pm On May 03, 2012
Chrisbenogor: @jesoul
My dear na sidon look I d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣γ̲̣ do since, nothing ever changes. You break my heart now abi you don forget? I had to go away to recover hehehehehe. I might still just be passing by sha. Hehehehehe grin
Ahn ahn which kin break? I wait for you tire now, you no show so the ship had to sail cheesy. I know it was not a problem sha...a whole guy of your calibre...you're probably using koboko to drive them away grin abi na lie?

(1) (Reply)

Christian Youths Retaliate In Kaduna Killing Scores Of Muslims / DOES GOD REALLY EXIST; WHAT DO YOU THINK? / World's First GAY BIBLE Has Been Published With Verses That Promote Same Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.